• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herborizer corner

Finessseee

I remember reading people recommending to get extras. I didn't get any because I'm kinda thrifty at this moment in time.
Yes the only glass parts of the vape are the glass insert around the injector (either the one for flower or for concentrates) and the bowl.
If you're using the official site to buy, this page with their systems includes everything you need. The only extra thing you need is your own glass piece, either 14mm or 18mm (and that's why there are different size herbo versions, to match your glass joint size).

Thank you!

So the Herbo TI System set includes : bowl Ti 18.8mm, 5 screens, injector Ti, 4 orings viton, silicone sleeve, enail glass Ti (optional), titanium dabber, temperature controler, carry case, power supply and power cord. Just to confirm I do not need to e glass T since I’m solely using this device for flower correct? Looks like this set is everything I need lol.

Finessseee,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Thank you!

So the Herbo TI System set includes : bowl Ti 18.8mm, 5 screens, injector Ti, 4 orings viton, silicone sleeve, enail glass Ti (optional), titanium dabber, temperature controler, carry case, power supply and power cord. Just to confirm I do not need to e glass T since I’m solely using this device for flower correct? Looks like this set is everything I need lol.
Yep you're set :leaf:

vaporoufixtras,
Reactions: Finessseee

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Yes - these are the ones I use

The second one should fit nicely in an REFC labs ATM module .....

I think he uses this one (dsp5005)

Hi @Hippie, quick question. How much better are these step down converters from the stock one that comes with the Ti?
I've been using my log with one of those cheap VVPS and it's so annoying to fiddle with it all the time, plus there's significant voltage drift.

Finessseee

Hi @Hippie, quick question. How much better are these step down converters from the stock one that comes with the Ti?
I've been using my log with one of those cheap VVPS and it's so annoying to fiddle with it all the time, plus there's significant voltage drift.

You should hit up Red himself and ask! This guy is the man. I stumbled on his website looking for a new bong and then found his DIY vape kits and the ATM. He even has how to videos on YouTube for building and programming all the cool stuff he created! Super chill guy with tons of knowledge. I’m still deciding if I want the Herbo, DIY HighLighter build, Cloud Connoisseur Atlas / Halo, or LSV. Whichever I get, will most likely be set up with his ATM controller!

Hippie

I build a lot of DiY vapes that I also power via the buck boost VVPS things
With the digital display showing the voltage, current and power (and they sometimes have memory slots and graphs on these things now) you can easily switch between vapes and see and adjust the power accordingly

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
That's how i microdose with mine the general opinion seems that the official microdose bowl ain't worth it, used a piece of leather to make a handle for the f2f adaptor as that gets really hot, also found that that set up works really well for hash.
Would love to configure the herbo and an f2f adapter in such a way so I could use 18mm cooling stems with it dry, considering some sort of vice to hold the heater pointed vertically up on my desk.
Was also wandering if anyone knows what the gasket bowl is on the herbo site, need a new injector and was just browsing, it doesn't have a photo so just curious.

Hey @Notacaveman I'm trying to find a microdose bowl for the Ti and this seems very interesting. How do you set it up exactly, just a 14/18mm f2f adapter and a basket screen?

Some of us add a layer of finer mesh on top of the standard mesh
I think I'm using about 400# stainless steel I picked up from one of the ecig vape shops (they use it for wicking)

Hi @Hippie so in this case all the abv/debris stays on the finer screen while the regular screen just provides structural support?

vaporoufixtras,

Hippie

Yes exactly
I thought the 2 screens might gum up quickly but they stay surprisingly clean if you give them a quick tickle with a storz n bickel brush occasionally while they're still hot.

Here's a pic of a microdose setup you can create yourself with a couple of cheap adapters

If you buy a 2 way splitter or a claisen, and a stand, you can block off the airflow at the base of the splitter or the stand and use the stand instead of a vice, and create your own diy sherlock or flexi (and add more glass for more sillyness of coarse lol ... )

davesmith

Glass Blower
Hey guys I've been offered a good price on one of the old roor herborisers. I'm not up to speed with this vape and was wondering if there had been many improvements to the system since then?

I've been offered the roor system for the same price as a new ti herborizer (sans glass).

Thanks in advance and sorry if its a daft question.

davesmith,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey guys I've been offered a good price on one of the old roor herborisers. I'm not up to speed with this vape and was wondering if there had been many improvements to the system since then?

I've been offered the roor system for the same price as a new ti herborizer (sans glass).

Thanks in advance and sorry if its a daft question.
While the Roor bubbler itself is a great value , i will take a pass on the OG heater. The vapor was a bit airy for my taste and also i could smell the insulation of the cable above 7 on the dial. I am hypersensitive to smells,but i think it is enough to spoil the purity of the experience. Also bowl is gigantic and inefficient,if you want to do small potions ,it is also a hard pass.

davesmith

Glass Blower
While the Roor bubbler itself is a great value , i will take a pass on the OG heater. The vapor was a bit airy for my taste and also i could smell the insulation of the cable above 7 on the dial. I am hypersensitive to smells,but i think it is enough to spoil the purity of the experience. Also bowl is gigantic and inefficient,if you want to do small potions ,it is also a hard pass.

Thank you very much. This info is appreciated.

dimmusp

Has anyone tried installing a button cover on the Herborizer Ti temperature controller?

The knob is way to easy to move by mistake, and once you've found the right setting I don't see a reason to keep adjusting it. (I use a Tapo P110 smart socket to turn the whole thing on and off from an app.)

Some options after a quick search:

104997_1.jpg

https://www.automation24.nl/beschermkap-siemens-sirius-act-3su1900-0da70-0aa0

image.jpg

https://www.conrad.nl/p/siemens-3su1900-0ee70-0aa0-beschermkap-ip66-ip67-1-stuks-1703486

614SY0WIR1L._AC_SL1100_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Plastic-Switch-Protector-Diameter/dp/B07FKNG444

Thanks

Heddgyhoggy

Hi All, I left my HerboTi analog at 8 for all night and the pretty Purple color is gone from the injector. Is it possible te revitalize the TI colors ?

Heddgyhoggy,

Vape Soda

Sparkling !
Hi All, I left my HerboTi analog at 8 for all night and the pretty Purple color is gone from the injector. Is it possible te revitalize the TI colors ?
You have to remove the oxide layer of the titanium, then colors will appear like when it was new. Best is to use scotch brite pads superfine but you can also use steel wool or the rough side of a kitchen sponge and of course a lot of elbow grease :wave:. Have fun!

dimmusp

"Hmm, there seems to be a titanium-heater in the herborizer?
Over 610°C titan frees up titandioxide, and this stuff is bad for your health (risk of lung-cancer when inhaling).
And the herborizer reaches that temps easily? They tell you to use over 600°C for "free-burning", this is not the temp of the air, but of the heater."

To clarify again, titanium dioxyde is what give titanium low oxydation after geting covered by.
Titanium dioxyde is used as food colorant E117 (like in M&Ms etc...)

With gazeous form, it has a low toxicity
But Temp of boiling is 2500C, so...
Only desolidarisation of solid structure could happen, at nanoscopic lvl, when put at 800C and more only.
But u will combust herbs easily around 400C so...

The first high burn off, ~500C 20min, will give the dioxyde titanium coating it's structural strenght. Just do a tissu/kleenex wipe, before and after that first burn off, when cold, and it's done.

Does this change anything about the safety profile of the Herborizer?

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Does this change anything about the safety profile of the Herborizer?

Your comment interested me to look into it, though more experienced users will have more to add. From a quick look, I don't think so. Looking at the Ti manual the max temperature of the heater is 500°C.
That's referring to the surface temperature of the titanium heater (not its core) but that's the part that comes into contact with the air so it's what we care about.
The source the original poster probably used for the 610°C number was probably this one, and it states that titanium burns at 610°C forming titanium dioxide. Which is well above the maximum surface temp of the heater.

vaporoufixtras,

Hippie

You could use multi-etch or one of the other similar products to remove the top layer
I wonder if you'll get a deeper colour then, like you do if you multi-etch the titanium first before electrolytic anodization?

Hippie,

Heddgyhoggy

You have to remove the oxide layer of the titanium, then colors will appear like when it was new. Best is to use scotch brite pads superfine but you can also use steel wool or the rough side of a kitchen sponge and of course a lot of elbow grease :wave:. Have fun!
Should I scrub it with dry scotch brite or with ISO or water ?

Heddgyhoggy,

dimmusp

Your comment interested me to look into it, though more experienced users will have more to add. From a quick look, I don't think so. Looking at the Ti manual the max temperature of the heater is 500°C.
That's referring to the surface temperature of the titanium heater (not its core) but that's the part that comes into contact with the air so it's what we care about.
The source the original poster probably used for the 610°C number was probably this one, and it states that titanium burns at 610°C forming titanium dioxide. Which is well above the maximum surface temp of the heater.
I think there is a misunderstanding. AFAIK, the titanium dioxide layer is what makes it colored. So if the max heater surface were below the temp for oxide formation, then it would never turn blue like it does.

dimmusp,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
I think there is a misunderstanding. AFAIK, the titanium dioxide layer is what makes it colored. So if the max heater surface were below the temp for oxide formation, then it would never turn blue like it does.

Yes the oxide layer is what gives titanium its pretty colors, but from what I understand it is stable at lower temperatures and burns off above 610°C.

vaporoufixtras,
Reactions: dimmusp

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Here is a read on titanium anodizing. There some pretty intersting facts, like that titanium only creates illusion of color with smth similar to a prism effects that cancels certain colors out. Anodizing seem actually provides protection for the titanium. It also says non anodized titanium oxidises easier.

Alexis

I think the Evidence has spoken clearly here.

The Ti, either, is a wickwd vape when dialled in to suit.

For flower at least.

To be unsatisfied with it, is a misfortune of living in the 1st world lol IMO.

I'm not saying it is flawless at all, or that criticisms are not valid.

We aren't in that perfect world yet.

Top Bottom