Herborizer corner

JollyGreenGiant

I'm glad others like this one. I'd like to try a Verdamper - I think that's the only I really want to compare the Herbo with but it's hard to come by in the US. Enjoy

Never heard of the Verdamper - looks like an interesting system. Is it supposed to be more flavorful, or as flavorful as the Herborizer?

I just used my Herborizer Ti for the first time 35 min ago on setting 5. It was a treat.

I’m not sure the flavor was any better than my TB, but it certainly wasn’t worse, and the clouds were prodigious, cool and smooooth. Despite some full force inhalations - not even a hint of throat tickle was present at any point, let alone a cough. Full material extraction was achieved in three full inhalations.

Setup was easy, but it did require quite a few steps for just a quick bowl and go - but as I purchased this as more of a “special occasion” vape, the setup is perfectly acceptable.

If I had any gripes it would be the way they have the indentations in glass to hold the screen, such that bits of material find their way into the bubbler as there are gaps inbetween the glass and the screen. This will also create areas where reclaim material will build and become difficult to clean. I have read some of the work arounds - like getting a second bowl and keeping one always in ISO, etc - so it’s a problem with a reasonable, albeit kludgy solution.

Perhaps one final nit I can muster from a mere single use under my belt, would be the cords - they’re long, and they do really stand out, after being so used to battery powered vaporizers, or single straight corded systems like the volcano. Since they tend to bunch up on a desk or what have you, it’s almost like a plate of electronic pasta you’re working with 😂

All in all - I’d say I’m pleased with my purchase. While the Herborizer Ti doesn’t have the wow factor of the Cannabis Hardware B2 Premo Bundle I was planning on buying at 3X the cost, much to my surprise after just one use - I have absolutely zero FOMO.

I really appreciate all the stellar advice from folks on this forum, you helped steer me towards a product that better suits my needs/interests/use case - and for a fraction of the price.

I’m looking forward to round two this evening, this time on 4.5 to see if I can find more flavor. I’ve got some ultra premo tier 1 flower and concentrate being delivered direct from 710 labs this weekend - which I’ll give a whirl and see if I notice a difference.

Concerned Mother

I am interested in buying a secondhand XL heater but it’s all brown with old resin, so my question is how hard it is to clean one of them. I believe that I’ve read that one can disassemble them and then leave it to soak in ISO which supposedly helps. Is the disassembly easy or hard?

Oh and, how well does the XL heater do microdoses?

Concerned Mother,

JollyGreenGiant

After having spent the weekend doing little else but play around with the Herborizer Ti - I'm less enthusiastic about it.

Sighs:
1. The bowl for flower is small - I have to use at least 2 bowls each time to get my desired result.
2. The bowl gets dirty quickly and isn't the easiest or most convenient to clean. After each use, while it's still hot - I pull out the spent material, and give it a good brushing. Once it is cool to the touch - I hit it with a glob mop that has been dunked in ISO, then use the other dry side of the glob mop, to help dry it faster, and aide in the removal of oils, etc. Despite that - it still looks grungy after just a few uses. If you use this regularly, you'd definitely want to get a second bowl and keep one in a bath of ISO and rotate between the two - as i've seen some folks here in the thread recommend.
3. The equipment feels somewhat cheap. The cords, connections, glass, selector knob/apparatus, case for the titanium nail - it all feels low budget. It's not a terribly expensive unit, so I wouldn't call it a major issue - but it is worth noting it certainly is not going to give you a "premium feel"
4. It's a bit of a process to pull everything out and set it up. No major complaints, it's not a big deal - and it's not as involved as other vaporizers I own, but if it's all put away, it takes a bit of effort to pull everything out, assemble it, let it come to temp, use it - then break it back down.
5. This is going to be the most controversial comment - I really don't think the flavor is anything special at all. In its first use - I used an ultra-premium tier one flower from 710 Labs that is a smack in the face of flavor, which is why I initially felt it was as good as the Tafee Bowle in terms of flavor, but after using the same flower (and different flowers) side by side with the Tafee Bowle, I have to correct my initial impression - in terms of flavor, the Tafee Bowle beats the Herborizer Ti in every instance, no matter what setting I put the Herborizer on. I bought the Ti solely for the allegedly best-of-breed flavor, but it's far enough off (for me) that the punchiness of the hits don't outweigh the backstepping of flavor I get from my TB, so I don't see using this much. I have a Tiny Might on the way, with some fancy J hook setups that allegedly taste even better than the TB, so if that in fact ends up being true - it'll further demote the Herborizer.
6. Incredibly smelly. If you take a few hits and clear a bowl - the room you're in is going to have a STRONG cannabis scent to it for a few hours, even if you have a small jar of Ozium open. The Ozium will overpower and kill the odor, but in my experience, it takes a few hours - whereas the Tafee Bowle - I can use 6 feet from someone indoors and they won't smell a single whiff (just don't blow the vapor directly at them) and there is no perceptible odor in the room.

Highs:
1. Hit's like a train. It can easily exhaust your material in 1-2 hits when the dial is set around 5.5
2. The flavor is superior to some vaporizers I have, like the Pax 2 and Mighty+ - even if/when the Mighty+ is used with a bubbler straw or the like. I'm not convinced the flavor is noticeably superior to my Volcano Hybrid with the Obsidian glass bubbler attachment, but the Herborizer Ti hits MUCH harder than the Volcano, as 1-2 quick hits on the Herborizer = several full bags from the Volcano, and the overall setup/usage of the Volcano with the bubbler attachment is a much bigger hassle. Never say never - but now that I own the Herborizer Ti - the likelihood the Volcano Hybrid ever gets plugged in again is quite low. If I ever had a friend over to indulge - i'd set them up on their own desktop - so the Volcano might come out to play in that scenario.
3. The nail works quite well for concentrates - and the flavor from concentrates is materially superior to the Puffco Peak Pro I have. The Puffco has the convenience and "cool" factor - but it takes quite a few hits from the puffco to clear a dab/bowl (at least for me - perhaps i'm not using it right) whereas the Herborizer is a one shot, one kill setup, that is far less harsh and far more flavorful.
4. The monster hits are as smooth as air for me. Even at high settings where a big hit literally fogs an entire room, there is zero coughing or discomfort, and I feel like I could take monster hit after hit without any discomfort.

Now, with the above said, I haven't tried any other "heavy hitters" like the VapBong and the Cannabis Hardware B2 - so perhaps for heavy hitters, the Herborizer Ti has notably superior flavor than that the other big boys, but I was expecting (perhaps unrealistically) that the Herborizer would provide noticeably superior flavor to Tafee Bowle, and for me personally - the opposite is true. Based on the aforementioned - I ordered a Mini VapBong to compare it to, as I greatly prefer the "all in one" design and the ability to keep it out in the open, without it looking like paraphenelia - such that the setup time becomes nearly nill. Provided the flavor from the VapBong it isn't bad and it provides similar levels of comfort, I can't see using the Herborizer Ti in the future for anything other than the occasional dab.

In retrospect, I probably should have spent the extra $, and gone with the Cannabis Hardware B2 premium bundle - as it looks like it would be superior for dabs (with the sapphire dish) and it might hit even harder than the Herborizer Ti, and be able to accept more flower such that I wouldn't have to do 2-3 bowls to get my desired results. I'm crossing my fingers that the VapBong will fit my original use case, but I'm guessing I'll ultimately end up picking up the B2 Bundle in the future if it's on sale during the 4/20 drop, choosing a favorite, then giving the other desktop systems away to friends, but all-in-all, the Herborizer Ti just isn't a good fit for me and the use case I was going for. The quality of the components, and the setup experience don't give me a "special occasion" experience, and i'd rather clear a few, more flavorful pots from the Tafee Bowle, to get to where I want to be. When setup time and waiting for the unit to get up to temp are taken into consideration - the TB is far less effort, more flavorful and all-in-one/compact.

I do see the value/appeal of the Herborizer though - and if you were a very heavy user, kept it on most of the day, and always left it out/assembled - it offers a very strong value proposition, as you can get freight train hits quickly and with ease, the monster hits are as smooth as glass and you still preserve a good portion of the terp flavor/profile - especially in the lower range of settings. Overall - solid unit, and in the aforementioned use case, I'd still strongly recommend the Herborizer Ti, but for me - I can't see ever using this unit again (for flower) over my Tafee Bowle. In fact - perhaps these "heavy hitting" desktops aren't for me at all... time will tell.

Popcorn Lung

I do see the value/appeal of the Herborizer though - and if you were a very heavy user, kept it on most of the day, and always left it out/assembled - it offers a very strong value proposition, as you can get freight train hits quickly and with ease, the monster hits are as smooth as glass and you still preserve a good portion of the terp flavor/profile - especially in the lower range of settings.

I think your describing every one of us Herbo heads. Before I had it I kept a Log in the kitchen, the Volcano in the lr and the DBV in the office. Once I got the Herbo for the room all the others went into the closet.

All the enail vapes out there share a similar design using the larger diameter coil wrapped around an alloy basically. And some of them will continue to tweak their product in search of better function & design… The Herbo is already there. Maybe I’m biased because I prefer a minimalist look and it’s true but it still has to function. The Herbo does both and it does them well. I want to add that minimalist element is more elegance. And you already know that it can power through anything you throw at it so there is no question it functions like a beast.

As far as taste goes, I would encourage you to experiment with different strains at low temps. Anything cookies taste remarkable and fruity Kushes tasty fruity. You get the picture. I mean this is going to depend on what you have access to of course. My point is even with some of those portables you mentioned the taste from the Herbo is at another level. I can only speak for the old fp and on the taste category it’s good but not great. The Herbo…The taste profile using the Herbo and primo herb we chase is in a level of its own.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I have the Ti and B1 from CH. My preference is the Herbo. In terms of some of the comments above:

1. Herbo and B1 CH are similar in terms of the smell they produce. I haven't used every big hitter out there but the few I have all produce more smell than portables. Desktops deliver more power and even the B1 really heats the herb in ways that a portable doesn't. This doesn't bother me and I expect that to be true of any heavy but I have somewhat limited experience.

2. Screens: To me this is a question of the difficulty cleaning because vape 5 bowls in any vape and it's going to be dirty a bit. I have had screen clogging issues on both the Herbo and B1. I've posted in the CH thread about screen clogging issues and for me I think most of my clogging is due to 2 things: 1) I pack big loads and 2) I often stack concentrates right on top of the flower in the Herbo. I use a iso bath and two bowls but I could use any of the vaping breaks throughout the day and clean the bowl easily then.

3. In terms of fit and finish of both: Honestly I think the B1 might be slightly ahead but not by much. Titanium is machined and super durable compared to glass but honestly I don't think it tastes as good though the B1 is a massive improvement over the original VROD and the same for the B2. Honestly, it's cool having multiple options.

4. If you go with the digiTi or the CH - then they use a PID from the same company. Auber makes there Herbo digiTi controller and they make the standard PID that CH uses. The cords for the power supply aren't the best. Lots of people have made replacements. Plus one on these being too stiff and they don't really loosen up over time. A little DIY taken care of. All in all there is less hardware with the Herbo than the CH solution so simply from a number of pieces perspective - there is more going on with the CH equipment and so there is a bit more adjustments for setup.

To me this is a personal preference. People that use heavies have different preferences and luckily there are excellent options on the market to support individual tastes.

For the issues with Herbo - I have find there are similar nuances with each vape. Every vape has some usage quirks at least the way I use them so it's a matter of what works best and what delivers the best personal experience. Good luck on your journey. I'm very happy to have found there Herbo and I appreciate it's simplicity and outstanding function. Enjoy.

SailorVapor

Just ordered my digiTi from La Centrale.

I've been using my Sublimator daily since I purchased it in 2013 but have now been trying live rosin products and there was no more dabbing adapter available since it's been discontinued a while.

The Sublimator will remain my flower rig while I'll be pairing the digiTi with a FC-710 for dabbing. Excited to get it!

SailorVapor,

Vape Soda

Sparkling !
Just ordered my digiTi from La Centrale.

I've been using my Sublimator daily since I purchased it in 2013 but have now been trying live rosin products and there was no more dabbing adapter available since it's been discontinued a while.

The Sublimator will remain my flower rig while I'll be pairing the digiTi with a FC-710 for dabbing. Excited to get it!
You bought a DigiTi for dabbing? What a waste! For me it is a flower only vape, used for flavour chasing. The dabbing performance of the herborizer is known to be poor! You can try sandwich method with herb, but pure concentrate will be no fun.

Vape Soda,
  • Wow
Reactions: dimmusp

SailorVapor

You bought a DigiTi for dabbing? What a waste! For me it is a flower only vape, used for flavour chasing. The dabbing performance of the herborizer is known to be poor! You can try sandwich method with herb, but pure concentrate will be no fun.
I wanted a unit that could do both flower and dabbing for when the Sublimator gives out.

Would a B2 been a better dabbing rig?

Vape Soda

Sparkling !
I wanted a unit that could do both flower and dabbing for when the Sublimator gives out.

Would a B2 been a better dabbing rig?
Yeah a B2 will definitely do both in a decent manner. Otherwise you could just buy a E-rig/Enail or even a quartz banger and torch for concentrates and a Herborizer/B1 for flower. There are so many options depending on your needs and budget. Maybe start a thread In AskFC, where you will get better advice regarding different options.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Trying out dual Herbos and loving it.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="s8HQ8KN"><a href=" ">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="hG31U0Y"><a href=" ">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Hey guys, saw a killer deal on the uk entexchange subreddit (unused Herbo Ti for £140) and decided to take the plunge and join the Herborizer corner. I'm absolutely excited :D It's my first true heavy hitter and I can't wait to try it! It looks like the perfect combo for me, excellent taste and plenty of power to clear a bowl in 1-2 hits. I do small bowls anyway, it's perfect for me.
Btw what are your experiences with the micro bowl?

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Last week I've been using the Herbo for concentrates. I hadn't used it dedicated like that before. I've found that this taller Licit rig is perfect as I can look down at the channel and get the concentrates in it with ease. Also, if I take a really small amount it boils off in one hit and has no diminished taste like happens with so many dabs. I really like this for micro-dabbing.

shopdognyc

Last week I've been using the Herbo for concentrates. I hadn't used it dedicated like that before. I've found that this taller Licit rig is perfect as I can look down at the channel and get the concentrates in it with ease. Also, if I take a really small amount it boils off in one hit and has no diminished taste like happens with so many dabs. I really like this for micro-dabbing.

That is interesting. How is it using with concentrates? Is it messy to clean?

shopdognyc,

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
That is interesting. How is it using with concentrates? Is it messy to clean?

for micro-dabs it’s great but it definitely needs to get cleaned. The glass gets a bit mucky. But with small dabs it works great. Get all the material into one of the channels where it boils. If it runs out of the channel it gets messy that’s why I stuck with small debs.

aliexpressvaper

Closed airpath.. what for?
Man I've been so blasted that I forgot to actually review this thing.
I got the analog Ti version and I've been using it for a couple of weeks now.

Pros:
You can hit it however you like - I usually go around 6-6.5 and get that dark AVB but the first hits from this thing are something I've never tasted before. The best I tried before was Mighty but this thing just knocks it out of the park. You get such a powerful flavour bomb in your mouth and you also milk this thing at the same time. I don't really rip it too heavy because the terps are just too much for me to handle but kudos to those who do.
I've also played around with 5 and god almighty what flavour will you get out of it then. Just an amazing piece for ripping that glassware.

Cons:
The glass parts - The biggest variable with this con is you. I managed to break the glass injector piece because I didn't have a proper stand for it (lesson learned). Once I built the stand then breaking it will require a little more effort. In the end it all depends on how you got this thing set up. I'm a bit more mobile with my unit so the risk of breaking something increases but if you get a good stand and keep an watchful eye on your unit while using it then you should be okay + a new glass injector only cost me 13€. The bowl is a bit more pricier though.

I bought this piece for the exact reasons that I described it doing best under Pros so I am very satisfied with my Herbo. I've never been much of a flavour chaser but when the taste is this good then you just can't ignore it.

Texus

Man I've been so blasted that I forgot to actually review this thing.
I got the analog Ti version and I've been using it for a couple of weeks now.

Pros:
You can hit it however you like - I usually go around 6-6.5 and get that dark AVB but the first hits from this thing are something I've never tasted before. The best I tried before was Mighty but this thing just knocks it out of the park. You get such a powerful flavour bomb in your mouth and you also milk this thing at the same time. I don't really rip it too heavy because the terps are just too much for me to handle but kudos to those who do.
I've also played around with 5 and god almighty what flavour will you get out of it then. Just an amazing piece for ripping that glassware.

Cons:
The glass parts - The biggest variable with this con is you. I managed to break the glass injector piece because I didn't have a proper stand for it (lesson learned). Once I built the stand then breaking it will require a little more effort. In the end it all depends on how you got this thing set up. I'm a bit more mobile with my unit so the risk of breaking something increases but if you get a good stand and keep an watchful eye on your unit while using it then you should be okay + a new glass injector only cost me 13€. The bowl is a bit more pricier though.

I bought this piece for the exact reasons that I described it doing best under Pros so I am very satisfied with my Herbo. I've never been much of a flavour chaser but when the taste is this good then you just can't ignore it.
Yeah. A stunner for sure. A Sherlock is a great option that can also be used as a stand. Or lots of female 18mm and 14mm stands out there. I use velcro to affix mine to the table in case handle gets a tad stuck.

Texus,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
I read that a stand was definitely recommended but I was too cheap to pay 40€ for it, so I got one from vapefiend instead for half the price (note they say to pick the 18mm option to use it as a Ti stand). I'll report back when it arrives with my herbo.

vaporoufixtras,

Texus

I read that a stand was definitely recommended but I was too cheap to pay 40€ for it, so I got one from vapefiend instead for half the price (note they say to pick the 18mm option to use it as a Ti stand). I'll report back when it arrives with my herbo.
Yeah. Any 18mm female should work. In addition to just loving the Sherlock in general (also my fave for Anvil) part of the value proposition is double duty as stand. Nice stable base.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Yeah. Any 18mm female should work. In addition to just loving the Sherlock in general (also my fave for Anvil) part of the value proposition is double duty as stand. Nice stable base.
I think the only consideration is that it has enough weight, but I guess the Ti must be pretty light being made from titanium, plus some plastic and glass.

I remember when I first got my DynaVap Omni I was so surprised at the weight I thought it was fake! You kind of expect more expensive stuff to be heavier and emanate sturdiness. This was before the days of pretty packaging so I was really worried for a second :lol:

Finessseee

This might be a dumb question.. can I use the Herborizer with my own glass? Like can I buy just the heater and hook it up to any 18MM glass? Or is this not a feasible option

Finessseee,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
This might be a dumb question.. can I use the Herborizer with my own glass? Like can I buy just the heater and hook it up to any 18MM glass? Or is this not a feasible option
Yes of course. Herborizer sells the systems by themselves, their glass is optional. Besides the heater you'll also need a power supply though, either the analogue or the digital of the DigiTi.

vaporoufixtras,

Finessseee

Yes of course. Herborizer sells the systems by themselves, their glass is optional. Besides the heater you'll also need a power supply thought, either the analogue or the digital of the DigiTi.

Gotcha So what does it mean when it says Vaporizer + Enail or just the Vaporizer (in the function options) Is the vaporizer considered the glass? I’m trying to figure out the cost of just the heater, power supply and analog?

Last edited:
Finessseee,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Gotcha so compared to a dc Elev8r or flower pot. So what does it mean when it says Vaporizer + Enail or just the Vaporizer (in the function options) Is the vaporizer considered the glass? I’m trying to figure out the cost of just the heater, power supply and analog?
The Enail option includes this piece for concentrate use. This video demonstrates how everything works pretty well.

vaporoufixtras,
Reactions: Finessseee

Finessseee

The Enail option includes this piece for concentrate use. This video demonstrates how everything works pretty well.

Word! So my only concern is replacement glass that goes around the heater. should I snag a couple extra of these just in case the glass breaks? I read all the time ppl don’t buy this vape bc of the glass parts and getting replacements.. but it only seems like one singular glass piece attachment for herb?

Finessseee,

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
Word! So my only concern is replacement glass that goes around the heater. should I snag a couple extra of these just in case the glass breaks? I read all the time ppl don’t buy this vape bc of the glass parts and getting replacements.. but it only seems like one singular glass piece attachment for herb?
I remember reading people recommending to get extras. I didn't get any because I'm kinda thrifty at this moment in time.
Yes the only glass parts of the vape are the glass insert around the injector (either the one for flower or for concentrates) and the bowl.
If you're using the official site to buy, this page with their systems includes everything you need. The only extra thing you need is your own glass piece, either 14mm or 18mm (and that's why there are different size herbo versions, to match your glass joint size).

Top Bottom