Herborizer corner

bkkbob

Obsessive Collector
Yeah, I have been sick for a week or so, but I got the PID settings and that wasn't the issue. Seb said that my probe got messed up somehow, maybe from the power or it got too hot when the PID started climbing on its own. It was very strange I had been using it at 350 for weeks and one day it just started climbing. It could be the power issue or a loose solder joint, but he thinks it ultimately affected the probe. He'll fix it and get it back quickly, It's an amazing vape, my favorite now, And the quality is excellent, I think this is just an isolated flaw, which happens with all products. I'll keep you posted on the repair and return process. I gotta be honest, I got another one because I couldn't think of it being gone for weeks, and Seb is on holiday now, but he said he'd have his son get right on it. I'm a little bit OCD in this sense. LOL

The analogue Ti and the XL use just a dial 1 to 10 it's as easy as can be. The DigiTi should be even easier as you can choose the temperature the coil is running at.
That's good to know. The thought of having to go through a 100 page user manual and entering a long string of codes to change settings had me a bit worried. 😆

Time machine handy, I’d email Sebastien to redesign the XL’s only real flaw- it’s diddy, awkward glass handle, always slipping, always nearly burning your hand against the bowl, heater itself.
That's some good feedback and makes me think the newer DigiTi is the way to go. Sounds like one needs to use a good oven mitt with the XL...

The XL was so long to heat up, and it came with no stand back then, so long session only with long heat up time... while having to be carefull due to its size.. the XL tube is really too XL...
Well, that convinces me that DigiTi is the way to go if I decide to spring for the Herborizer...

I guess the only thing that you have to be careful with the DigiTi is avoiding really high temps because of the material it's made of but I'm only vaping flowers, so that's not really an issue.

fifty_shades_of_green,
Reactions: ataxian

Alexis

I got another one because I couldn't think of it being gone for weeks, and Seb is on holiday now, but he said he'd have his son get right on it. I'm a little bit OCD in this sense. LOL
Hope you spruce up soon man. And sounding good in general, you like it a lot first, good decision a spare won’t hurt, life’s short make it happen if you can.

Seb is a master at record speed repair and turn around.

I’d expect him to have instilled the same values and standards into his son, the future of Herborizer lol, if this world has a future beyond Seb ofc.
That's some good feedback and makes me think the newer DigiTi is the way to go. Sounds like one needs to use a good oven mitt with the XL...
Nah, you just need Chef’s fingers! :D
Well, that convinces me that DigiTi is the way to go if I decide to spring for the Herborizer...

I guess the only thing that you have to be careful with the DigiTi is avoiding really high temps because of the material it's made of but I'm only vaping flowers, so that's not really an issue.
This doesn’t apply IMO.

No needing to e careful. The DigiTi has a maximum. It will be automatically alarmed to warn you if you exceed 500 Celsius now it was revealed here recently.

My own DigiTi which I busted, the first one ever in the wild, because there was no manual then, no word or caution, I set it on 800 Celsius.

Seb repaired it, returned it saying he’d forgotten to set the alarm at the max temp of 600 Celsius, so mine is alarmed at 600 C, but he’s obviously decided since that it never actually needs to go above 500 for all intents and purposes, so it makes sense to cap it there to avoid stressing the unit at all.

You won’t need to raise it anywhere near high enough to exceed that, cause unit damage, or offgas.

It’s Titanium and SS (the screen only) and Glass in the vapor path only.

On paper, it’s purer than the Verdamper. Which I don’t feel is toxic or harmful either.

Nothing to be concerned about though. If you disable the alarm, or ignore it, you won’t be able to reach a temperature high enough to create any toxicity concerns, before the thermocouple and microprocessor is bust.

Just don’t go out of your way basically to exceed 200 mph down the highway, and you’re all good.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:

passenger

is this thing on?
The analogue Ti is downright amazing. A real favor connaisseurs device! It also looks very durable, seems to have a very clean vapor path... Wow. It's great. That is my impression after the first tryout.

The XL is amazing too! It's a great complementary tool for the Ti and deserves some passion as well - it's just a different tool. The Ti is the more versatile daily driver while the XL is great for occasional use imo. If I had go for one, it would be the Ti, no doubt though.

Shadooz

The analogue Ti is downright amazing. A real favor connaisseurs device! It also looks very durable, seems to have a very clean vapor path... Wow. It's great. That is my impression after the first tryout.

The XL is amazing too! It's a great complementary tool for the Ti and deserves some passion as well - it's just a different tool. The Ti is the more versatile daily driver while the XL is great for occasional use imo. If I had go for one, it would be the Ti, no doubt though.

U pm me recently about looking after a 1 years old digiti.
U just try them, or u want to own all of them ? :rofl:

passenger

is this thing on?
The whole bunch really.
They make a nice ménage à trois, no?

I am a medical user and I like the DigiTi for it's fast and reliable performance, sometimes I don't have a lot of time and I dislike the long heat-up times of Desktops. With the Digiti you see when it's ready. The XL is very nice to use with a whip in the evening, when there is more time. The analogue has an incredible durability from what I see, not a lot stuff in it that can break and has the benefit to use the same controller as the XL. A little overkill all three? Hmm, maybe - but some own 7 Vapbongs just for the glaze and I can understand that too! :)

Also, don't stick your finger that deep into my VAS :D Much love!

Last edited:

Alexis

Very glad to hear that. I’m not surprised btw.

I have been using my digital version for many days in a row now because I’ve actually kept my overall respiratory infection level low enough much lower than average over many years to be able to tolerate the vapor signature of the Ti much better.

I say, it’s a beautiful vape. So so simple to use. Getting consistent results is a fool proof business.

So smooth too, and really relaxing pleasant, dreamy high that has longevity to it.

You will love the DigiTi, the Analogue is not just a taste though, a virtual replica once dialled in.

We have split hairs on this here already.

the digital just heats up much faster, more precise, likely keeps up with powerful, long single hit extractions Slightly better towards the tail end.

But I’d not be one bit unhappy to own the Analogue. I do like the digital photo for its ultrafast heat up instead steady temperature.

passenger

is this thing on?
But I’d not be one bit unhappy to own the Analogue. I do like the digital photo for its ultrafast heat up instead steady temperature.
You mean the analogue keeps the temperature more steady than the DigiTi? Probably i understood this wrong, as I would think the DigiTi with it's sensor and heating algorhythm can keep it more steady.

Alexis

You mean the analogue keeps the temperature more steady than the DigiTi? Probably i understood this wrong, as I would think the DigiTi with it's sensor and heating algorhythm can keep it more steady.
Hi. Sorry, it appears the annoying auto miscorrect feature changed out meaningful words for random ones.

So that sentence of my new quote there is confusing even to me it’s so annoying this AutoCorrect because I disabled all of it but the keyboard was so slow it was practically on usable and it’s forever changing perfectly typed and intended words for ridiculous ones which make no sense at all.

There is no way that I would argue the analog holds temperature most deadly than the digital version you are right to assume it is entirely the other way round.

Sorry for the confusion.

Seb repaired it, returned it saying he’d forgotten to set the alarm at the max temp of 600 Celsius, so mine is alarmed at 600 C, but he’s obviously decided since that it never actually needs to go above 500 for all intents and purposes, so it makes sense to cap it there to avoid stressing the unit at all.
Maybe I'm missing something here but I try to avoid going over 210 C for flower and I didn't think that concentrates need such high temps...

My DigiTi arrived from VGoodiEZ a little over a week ago. I guess I got a new version of the controller :-)
That's a sweet looking setup that you have. :)

Alexis

Maybe I'm missing something here but I try to avoid going over 210 C for flower and I didn't think that concentrates need such high temps...

That's a sweet looking setup that you have. :)
Hi. So yes, it’s not black n white. The temp passing through the herb is not the pid readout with these type of controller vapes, the Flowerpot being another identical example.

People like to use their Flowerpots at 600-710 or more sometimes, Farenheight.

But they are not vaping anywhere near 240 Celsius, I consider, effectively.

In some vape models with controllers, the pid readout is not an indication of the actypual heat level passing through and vaping the herbs.

Now, It’s typically 350-366 Celsius I believe a common usage range, but some go higher.

What I want to do, is side by side, my good friend has the analogue I sold him, really try and guage together, through a session, a temperature equivalent.

The Analogue Timforvexample, I think, is listed as 210 Celsius on setting 6.

I expect or am certain actually, 350 Celsius on DigiTi is definitely not more than 210 C.

So it just needs your nose, and a guage. That’s very easy. 290-300 is good for smooth, tasty, but still “a”ffecting hits at low temp.

I was using at 330 myself recently. The vapor is so smooth with the Ti, plus the flavour doesn’t disappear and turn to popcorn until the very end of a load.

I hope that answers that. Lol, well cained on lovely Kavas again, plus the best Autoflower we’ve ever cropped, real Sativa strong effect proper dank too.

Shadooz

I'm running my DigiTi at 777F (413C) for dry herb lol, much lower then that and I don't get the vapor production I'm used to.
One ferrari, many ways to drive it.
Trust your taste, harder if you're old smockers, but u'll end up reaching your favorite savours, try different ones with different strains ;)

I use more than 3 different temps, for each purpose

I hope that answers that. Lol, well cained on lovely Kavas again, plus the best Autoflower we’ve ever cropped, real Sativa strong effect proper dank too
U are already on your fresh not even dried sativa ? :cry:
As u said to have sensitive throat, it's paradoxal :rofl:
I can feel the sour, spicy, waterfull hit from here, arghh, u will make me cough just by words..

Mod : sry double, still can't quote edit, pls merge :bowdown:

Alexis

U are already on your fresh not even dried sativa ? :cry:
As u said to have sensitive throat, it's paradoxal :rofl:
I can feel the sour, spicy, waterfull hit from here, arghh, u will make me cough just by words..

Mod : sry double, still can't quote edit, pls merge :bowdown:
Lol, cough away. It’s okay actually. Very vapeable. About 12 days hang drying, I’ve just put an accurate hygrometer into one of the jars after 48 hours sealed since jarring, I’m expecting it to read 62-65%, which would be perfect.

It’s the best weed in house by a long way though, smells so good, it’s hard to leave alone.

Shadooz

Lol, cough away. It’s okay actually. Very vapeable. About 12 days hang drying, I’ve just put an accurate hygrometer into one of the jars after 48 hours sealed since jarring, I’m expecting it to read 62-65%, which would be perfect.

It’s the best weed in house by a long way though, smells so good, it’s hard to leave alone.
U have done everything too fast. Maybe one of the reason of your throat irritation.

Lot of smell means still "water saturation".
one hygrometric data of the jar will not giving u a clue of her real wetness.
I would keep an intense "active curing".
Do it by smell, if u still have it after covid, for the best "love juice".
but it's not about the intensity of that one.

Your throat would thanks you

Shadooz,

Alexis

U have done everything too fast. Maybe one of the reason of your throat irritation.

Lot of smell means still "water saturation".
one hygrometric data of the jar will not giving u a clue of her real wetness.
I would keep an intense "active curing".
Do it by smell, if u still have it after covid, for the best "love juice".
but it's not about the intensity of that one.

Your throat would thanks you
Hi. Well, if Incan at least try and state my case in this current stoned state as to why I might respectfully disagree.

The small stems were almost cracking, the main ones giving a break bend but not quite a snap, not far off.

It smells because it’s dried enough to actually begin to smell,

I’ve always observed, it takes reaching a certain level of dryness for the full gorgeous cannabis aroma to shine through.

This plant was dried slowly, but not too wet at all.

Actually, I was really surprised, 3 1 litre jars full, and a bit over, one jar only 55%, one 57, one 59.

From experience, if I leave them closed for about 3 or 4 days, they will rise by 3%.

I always aim to have them at 60-65% to begin the slow cure.

Yes it’s an ongoing monitoring process. The humidity can stay level, it usually will rise by a varying degree.

I do goby nose and gut too, the hygrometers are just added in flexibly as a measurer out of interest and observation, of at least different curing methods and ways, rates of reducing moisture.

All the other 3 plants, much lower yield as they were different shorter phenotypes, went in too moist.

I had to keep burping a hour to four at a time a few days to get down to 65% stable.

They went in all much much moister. This one is the only one that smells of real proper nose tingling ganja, and is the driest by a degree.

Alexis,
Reactions: Shadooz

Shadooz

All the other 3 plants, much lower yield as they were different shorter phenotypes, went in too moist.

I had to keep burping a hour to four at a time a few days to get down to 65% stable.

They went in all much much moister. This one is the only one that smells of real proper nose tingling ganja, and is the driest by a degree.
Even th british weather is not humid enough for a sativa :lol: . It's like dried desert for her, the british climat :rofl:

I know people who let them bloom for months here outdoor. And it wasn't even that year summer, which was just the worst for outddor grow since years.
Even the wheat of farmer friend are short this year.. :cry:
We've the water (maybe not enough for sativa) but no sun...
I don't try outdoor anymore...

But A resinous indica, who ask drier climat, will tend to moist here...

Those last step are deteminant for throat issues, and taste making.
A device like an herborizer will fuck ur throat with a moisturize load... when trying friend strains (who are smokers), i have to cure them again.. vaporizer emphasis the moist/mold

U have the pace of a californian farmer, lacking of water, not a british one..

Last edited:

Alexis

Even th british weather is not humid enough for a sativa :lol: . It's like dried desert for her, the british climat :rofl:

I know people who let them bloom for months here outdoor. And it wasn't even that year summer, which was just the worst for outddor grow since years.
Even the wheat of farmer friend are short this year.. :cry:
We've the water (maybe not enough for sativa) but no sun...
I don't try outdoor anymore...

But A resinous indica, who ask drier climat, will tend to moist here...

Those last step are deteminant for throat issues, and taste making.
A device like an herborizer will fuck ur throat with a moisturize load... when trying friend strains (who are smokers), i have to cure them again.. vaporizer emphasis the moist/mold

U have the pace of a californian farmer, lacking of water, not a british one..
Yes perhaps, except we’re dealing with Autoflowers. None of which are 100% Sativa, but dominant, some phenotypes more than others.

So it’s more like strong Sativa traits and effect profile. Honestly, this mostly Sativa dominant one, vs the other 4 shorter, more ruderalis structure phenos, is as matured, developed and proper good herb as any plant we have done before.

It does get very humid here too in the summer time. Which is our biggest problem, alongside insects.

I’ve found, if you simply dry slowly, jar at 62% or lower, that herb is smooth and non grassy enough already, but 2 weeks makes a big difference, more so by the week curing.

See the trichomes before harvest. Like bristles, plentiful, bulbous and so well formed.

Shadooz

It does get very humid here too in the summer time. Which is our biggest problem, alongside insects.
Lille, i must 45min from u by fly..
The reason of my previous ironies

Yes perhaps, except we’re dealing with Autoflowers.
Autoflower, a ruderalis cut, only bring blooming without photoperiod. As it's still 14h of :cry: "sun" :cry: here. The expanded blooming time, due to low lumens, is not really changed

more ruderalis structure phenos
Ruderalis pheno is unwanted, except the non photoperiod bloom, it would only means ur seeds have not had enough backcrossing.
It's more indica pheno for me, which not like humidity that much, and so mold/fungus...

See the trichomes before harvest. Like bristles, plentiful, bulbous and so well formed.
I can't really see the trichomes un-transparency with ur picts.
for sativa all pistils must be at least brown to harvest, but i only see just a few for ur sativa.

My "too hairy" sativa.
From old hermaphrodites seeds..
She only start to be good, 8 months from harvest.. with 2 months drying, only 1 month curing as they are sativa (+80%), they didnt needed more, but they needed at least that.

20210819-132017.jpg

Last edited:
Shadooz,
Reactions: Alexis

Syf

Hi guys, do any of you have experience with using something like this basic LED dimmer instead of original temperature controller ?
Or maybe something like this adjustable power supply ? What was your experience with solution like this ?

I am thinking about buying an analog Herborizer Ti heating element and injector glass + bowl, but I think paying 100e for power supply adapter with dimmer is maybe not a good deal.

SquirrelMaster

I have had the Herborizer DigiTi for about 2 months now, which I feel has been a good amount of time to let any potential honeymoon dust settle. My opinion of it now hasn't really changed since the day it arrived and it quickly became a part of my trifecta of ultimate desktop vaporizers (spoiler).

If I could use one word to describe the DigiTi it would be "classy". The use of glass in contact areas looks and feels good and all the titanium parts look very clean with simple, elegant logo's placed accordingly. I am extremely satisfied from the moment I lift the heater off its stand to when I place it back after a long draw.

The sound of glass on glass is like music to my ears. I've always preferred glass for the untainted flavour it produces and with the combination of glass and titanium (which is the best metal to have in the vapor path imo) there is a nice balance of fast heat up times, flavour, heat retention and raw power.

Unfortunately glass is fragile and I've had pieces stick a few times which could have resulted in a broken mess if I wasn't typically so careful. My bowl did fall out once when it stuck to the heater cover as I removed it from the Sphere, but even after falling onto my counter top and stainless steel grinder, there wasn't a mark on it. A keck clip would be a good addition in that area and then there is only the glass heater cover to worry about which has been more secure for me so far.

The glass of the bowl, heater cover, and Sphere feel a little thin to me (granted most do) so I'm hoping they're annealed for extra strength and have held up well so far. I have an extra heater cover at the recommendation of you fine folks so I feel like I'm probably covered once I add a clip for the bowl. Something to consider if you're a clumsy person by nature.

The construction of every glass piece is very symmetrical and clean looking. The Sphere is like no other bong I could find (and I looked). I've been using it more than all my other pieces for its large capacity, stability and ease of use. With 19mm female joints it's easy to swap mouthpieces and clean. My only regret is not spending a little more for the Sherlock which would function as a stand, but the stand itself is very solid.

I really like that there are small indents at the bottom of the glass bowl that hold the screen in place. This is an amazing feature that every other glass bowl (meant for a screen) should incorporate as it keeps flower out of your glass when stirring. I have issues with every other glass bowl for my desktops so this is like a ray of light from the heavens above haha.

One other small thing I have to nit pick is the exposed, insulated, red and white wires that can be seen when looking down into the top of the heater. It's a minor detail that will only bother OCD owners and once you take a few hits you'll be too stoned for it to matter anyways.

The DigiTi hits temp fast but I usually give it 5-10 minutes to heat soak. I don't typically leave it on for long periods of time, I keep the power switch on and control it through a smart plug. It will heat soak nicely if you choose to leave it on.

Although you can pack small bowls I think the Herborizer shines with a little more flower. The translucent deep bowl invites you to stir and contains the load very well. At my typical temperature of 300°C I get a few hits per bowl so I like to preserve flavour as best as I can by stirring at least every couple hits.

I really like this device. It reminds me of my time in France in the way that it looks and handles if that makes sense. The design is clean and the effects are strong. With a top tier price tag, some breakable parts, and little exposure, it's understandable why they're not more popular, which is a shame. I really love mine and I'd consider it my best tasting heavy hitter.

Shadooz

Hi guys, do any of you have experience with using something like this basic LED dimmer instead of original temperature controller ?
Or maybe something like this adjustable power supply ? What was your experience with solution like this ?

I am thinking about buying an analog Herborizer Ti heating element and injector glass + bowl, but I think paying 100e for power supply adapter with dimmer is maybe not a good deal.
If u found the right plug and the right power.
Would not try with the digiti, but Ti is a basic potentiometer, PSU is 12V 3.8A.
But u can take bigger as the digiti go till 72W without issue.
Just the potentiometer will not be calibrated for. here i guess it is as most people turn around the middle 5 to use it.

Unfortunately glass is fragile and I've had pieces stick a few times which could have resulted in a broken mess if I wasn't typically so careful.
U're Still in honeymoon, i will not say to use lub :lol: .
But it will stop to overstick after only few months, i used to put the finger on the bowl to clean the hit with heater lift. But now i could do it without hold the bowl.
But i've bought 2x14 and 2×18, i take no risk :evil:.. with glass

I really like that there are small indents at the bottom of the glass bowl that hold the screen in place. This is an amazing feature that every other glass bowl (meant for a screen) should incorporate as it keeps flower out of your glass when stirring. I have issues with every other glass bowl for my desktops so this is like a ray of light from the heavens above haha.

It allows me to put a silk SS mesh over it. Which is needed for my full of kief sativa.

Although you can pack small bowls I think the Herborizer shines with a little more flower.
It's because of the 18mm of your big sphere.
14mm forms a basket with the screen. Which can hotspot if u pack too much and draw too fast.
but for 0.1g and less it's the fastest extraction, without even stiring.

And that's how to avoid pop-corn taste ;)
Most people surestimate the efficiency of their device (or how they drive it), and overload by simplicity...:myday:

Syf

Top Bottom