• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herborizer corner

Hippie

Even with 39 micron #400 mesh on top of the standard screen (as I have them at the moment) I think some fine particles coming through the screen is inevitable, especially if you're gonna stir the load as I do with the Herbo. I know from when I used to use the 25micron bubble bag, making hash from the trimmings, there was always some super fine dusty stuff that made it through.

Hippie,

DayN'Nite

i keep falling in love with this vape. i put in a .13 and turned the temp to 800 last night and let me tell you i was suprised at the flavor, its still incredible and the effect is beyond amazing its even more intense that shit put my ass to sleep on the first bowl. im whitewalling my bong with no effort and without preheating the bowl to start or finish a bowl, definitely suggest you guys give it a try. avb stil comes out the same just slightly browner. now it feels like im literally taking a bong rip, kinda cool lol. gonna post a vid later on

emily

here's the Herborizer43

YH8FNqi.jpg

I fired up the Herborizer43 for the first time today!

The glass balls seem to change the heat signature of this vaporizer. Before the mod, it worked best when you sort of gently sip your way into soft, giant clouds. I love the Herborizer for this. With the balls you have to turn it down a bit, and then you can rip it a bit harder and make a noticeably thicker and more intense vapor in a single hit. To get a thicker vapor hit like this without the mod, you need to turn it up to the point that it tastes more burnt.

These ball mod hits are much harder effects-wise, they sort of wack you in the brain. The hit feels like a slightly dialled back SSV43 hit. That is to say, a VERY heavy and intense hit.

The Herborizer43 is super strong, maybe too strong for me. These balls store a lot more heat than the titanium rod. I'll keep experimenting with it at different temperatures.

Alexis

The glass balls seem to change the heat signature of this vaporizer. Before the mod, it worked best when you sort of gently sip your way into soft, giant clouds. I love the Herborizer for this. With the balls you have to turn it down a bit, and then you can rip it a bit harder and make a noticeably thicker and more intense vapor in a single hit. To get a thicker vapor hit like this without the mod, you need to turn it up to the point that it tastes more burnt.

These ball mod hits are much harder effects-wise, they sort of wack you in the brain. The hit feels like a slightly dialled back SSV43 hit. That is to say, a VERY heavy and intense hit.

The Herborizer43 is super strong, maybe too strong for me. These balls store a lot more heat than the titanium rod. I'll keep experimenting with it at different temperatures.
It's like taking a car that is capable of 150 mph, upgrading it to 180 mph.

PuffItUp

Retailer

3mm glass balls? Or are you using quartz or ruby?

PuffItUp,
Reactions: Cheebsy

namasteIII

Hello.

Can anyone describe (pictures would be amazing) how the Herborizer TI heater works?

Is that whole metal thing inside the glass the heater? Is there a coil or ceramic rod inside the metal thing?

I really don't know but would like to. If you know please share, and thank you.

Alexis

Hello.

Can anyone describe (pictures would be amazing) how the Herborizer TI heater works?

Is that whole metal thing inside the glass the heater? Is there a coil or ceramic rod inside the metal thing?

I really don't know but would like to. If you know please share, and thank you.
I can say, that by design of the heater grooves and air inlets and flow, there is a type of swirling air "venturi" effect, not just like a straight outblowing handryer in the public loo.

This air swirling movement, facilitates a better extraction and plays a key role in the Ti's sepcific unique signature and way of extracting.

It is mostly convection, slightly conduction where your herb touches the hot glass surely, but to a greater degree, but less so than the convective heat- radiant heat, involved in the extraction.

Apart from that, it just works as a cannabis vaporizer, by passing hot air through herb. Not quite rocket science level yet lol!

Turn it on, pick your temp, insert heater, suck- you have great vapor.

That, to me, is how the Ti works.

Alexis,
Reactions: Shadooz

Shadooz

@namasteIII There is no coil, the heating resistance is the part behind the glass.
Titanium, wich change to blue/purple after thermal oxydation.

The glass and swirling increase the thermal exchange, that's why the choosen temp is below the one you put on heavy coil (FP, enail ..)

You want to make your own ?

Alexis

@namasteIII There is no coil, the heating resistance is the part behind the glass.
Titanium, wich change to blue/purple after thermal oxydation.

The glass and swirling increase the thermal exchange, that's why the choosen temp is below the one you put on heavy coil (FP, enail ..)

You want to make your own ?
Yes I do believe the swirling air makesca difference. Mark Mccoy, inventor of the Vriptech Heat Wand, has always been very emphatic about the benefits of the venturi action when vaporizing herbs in general, enabling more of a full spectrum extraction at lower temps, preserving terpenes in the process.

His own brief words about it on his website, but he expanded much more on the Venturi effect in the VHW thread here:

"VHW Vaporization Heat Wand Ver. 3.0 with all glass heating surface, small and ergo form, and vortex neutral polarity convective air flow for the most concentrated and broadest spectrum aromatic vapor extractions and deliveries ever attained."

And a page link to his website, on the science of vaporizing in general, you can see how passionate he is on the topic:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Late night science 🧪
A la Glass Symphony Compacto style!!!
I believe they are 3mm balls
6967365E-1A78-43B1-86D7-797548112837.jpeg
I didn’t have a big and flexible/moldeable enough Ti screen, so I used a regular SS screen. I’d rather use a Ti one.
B6F78600-A256-43C7-9658-0C22B6B95EAD.jpeg
I put a 4mm ball at each intake to prevent 3mm balls spillage.
9CB5D393-8CBD-4119-8EE1-2251473CBC18.jpeg
First 2 videos at 565F
3B7A5B09-42FB-4339-925C-2EEA7C199E04.jpeg

Second video at 544F
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!
AB0B23B4-3453-4BF8-92C6-5A40B0CEDEF5.jpeg

emily

I've had lots of trouble with the heater sticking to the stand. When this happens I have to turn it off, let it cool down, and then pull them apart. I actually broke the stand the first time I used the Herborizer, trying to remove it when stuck to the stand.

@stickstones shared a great tip in his Think Dank episode this week. He puts a little lip balm inside the stand. I've been trying this out today and it works, but herb sticks to the residue left on the top of the bowl, which then gets on the heater.

Anyone else have solutions to this problem?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I've not got a herbo, but I've used a tiny bit of bees wax on joints before to help stop them sticking.

Cheebsy,

Alexis

I've not got a herbo, but I've used a tiny bit of bees wax on joints before to help stop them sticking.
Yes but I assume that in those setups, the beeswax was not making contact with any surface such as the outside of the heater which picksvup the wax then transfers it to the inside of the herb bowl.

That is the issue here with the lip balm. Beeswax, olive oil, coconut oil etc, there would still be the same problem, oily residue getting inside the bowl, causing herb particles to get stuck on the inside of the bowl, then the outside of the heater, the inside of the glass heater stand, burning away.

I wish I had a practical suggestion. This has been a big trouble for a number of owners now.

Vaporware

I don’t have an Herborizer, but the only effective advice I’ve seen on these kinds of stuck connections was to *gently* rock the top piece back and forth, maybe even twisting slightly, so that if there is any way of un-sticking it you find the path of least resistance.

If there’s something particular to the Herborizer like a really fragile part that would make this a bad idea don’t do it, but I’ve done it successfully with glass bowls that were sticking and with the older FlowerPot post that the head would often stick on a little when hot.

Vaporware,

LabPong

I use a light coat of mineral oil if I have a situation where there is a sticky joint issue.

LabPong,
Reactions: emily

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Yes but I assume that in those setups, the beeswax was not making contact with any surface such as the outside of the heater which picksvup the wax then transfers it to the inside of the herb bowl.
I've mostly needed to do this with the EQ and ddave mods. Not quite the same situation, but you really don't need enough for there to be a detectable residue. Just the smallest amount is all you need. I never noticed any hey sticking to it personally, but the EQ does not get anywhere near as hot I'd imagine so that could play a role.

Cheebsy,
Reactions: Alexis

justcametomind

This has been my best solution so far, just lean it in the stand so it doesn't lock in properly.

B368wdV.jpg
Only advice I can think of now, is keep that heater cover as clean as possible. If there’s sticky residue on it, it surely doesn’t help.
Could it be that your experiments with glass beads inside, widened your heater cover a bit? I’d put the cover in the freezer for one night, just to try out if it shrinks back, and I’d stay away of glass beads, if this can be the result.

Last edited:

Alexis

I don’t have an Herborizer, but the only effective advice I’ve seen on these kinds of stuck connections was to *gently* rock the top piece back and forth, maybe even twisting slightly, so that if there is any way of un-sticking it you find the path of least resistance.

If there’s something particular to the Herborizer like a really fragile part that would make this a bad idea don’t do it, but I’ve done it successfully with glass bowls that were sticking and with the older FlowerPot post that the head would often stick on a little when hot.
Yeah I don't think that will work to remedy this issue. It is different to how the flowerpot bowls, glass or metal, can stick to a rig.

The big point being for a start that the bowls, however hot, will probably never be quite as hot at the bowl joint, as the exterior of the Ti heater housing, which doesn't cool off rapidly like a bowl, unless you turn the vaporizer off.

I expect rocking and maneouvering, and I did this myself woth the flowerpot with success, will more than likely crack the Ti glass stand, or heater glass, or both.

I was thinking, and it may be based on dud imaginary logic, that it might make a difference how you place the Ti heater into the stand. If you just drop it in in one neat go, leave it be without any slight twist or turn, maybe this increases the chance of sticking.

If I was having this problem, I would try placing the heater in the stand, but lifting it up and down, turning a few times.

That is just what my instinct would tell me to do.

Last edited:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've had lots of trouble with the heater sticking to the stand. When this happens I have to turn it off, let it cool down, and then pull them apart. I actually broke the stand the first time I used the Herborizer, trying to remove it when stuck to the stand.

@stickstones shared a great tip in his Think Dank episode this week. He puts a little lip balm inside the stand. I've been trying this out today and it works, but herb sticks to the residue left on the top of the bowl, which then gets on the heater.

It's not a perfect solution, but I don't have a better one yet. It's easy to say it sticks when things are dirty, but I swear I've had clean pieces stick as well. The most aggravating part is when it happens at the beginning of a session, and it's over before it started! Sometimes the balm is more trouble than it's worth, others it fits the bill.

JonServo

This issue bothered me so much, I've abandoned the stand altogether. Sticks is right, it happens whether the glass is clean or dirty, and always tends to stick right when you want to use it. I use a $12 Errlectric stand now. Less sexy, no doubt, but effective and never sticks. Available at vgoodiez, etc...

Alexis

This issue bothered me so much, I've abandoned the stand altogether. Sticks is right, it happens whether the glass is clean or dirty, and always tends to stick right when you want to use it. I use a $12 Errlectric stand now. Less sexy, no doubt, but effective and never sticks. Available at vgoodiez, etc...
Basic cheap, small but sturdy glass bubblers, with less perfect inner joints, may be another, convenient and secure option.

So...you guys and (girl), enticed me too much today, I eventually spontaneously ran about the house, just about finding and assembling the DigiTi basics.

Couldn't find the neat little whip I like though, but...

20201205-232354.jpg

With some tasty, outdoor Cinderella Jack.

Very untrimmed, but very crystallised, sticky, smelly stuff underneath, albeit somewhat leafy (UK weather in last 6 weeks basically).

20201205-232404.jpg

20201205-232515.jpg

Last edited:

Shadooz

One of the only issue i've got with this one, but i won't use the stand, my ashtray do it well and smooth. But i always have to keep fingers on my bowl when i take a rip.

With time it become less sticky, have u tried to reduce the friction by polishing ? The stand and the heater, then rinse to avoid glass dust

I wait a new glass and took a keck clip cause i don't know if it will be easy to handle with fingers on the bowl for the new one, i don't want to be carefull each time i withdraw the heater...

And for the mesh #325 i've taken, just perfect. always with the same one, it won't get sticky even after dozens of bowls..., i wait to know how much i will need to do potent hot chocolate

@Alexis i'v got the same climate, and outdoor are really not effective here(from the other side of the "manche"). Only indica dominant with autoflo can grow well, regular sativa is not even something to try. Only few strains can sustain the weather (purple are perfect, or northern light).

Last edited:
Top Bottom