Herborizer corner

justcametomind

I've been wanting one of these Sherlocks for awhile. So it has good open airflow?

Also, you don't have any issues with vaped bud crumbs flying into your mouth?
Not many flying crumbs especially if you use 2 screens at the bottom of your bowl, but be sure to consider that the Sherlock is not a “water pipe”, it can’t be used with water, unless you want to drink all of it while vaping. It’s like a j-hook.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
@justcametomind

You are right, I bought a Ti with microdose bowls, And i find it unusable. I was using the XL on max temps and the Mighty and the Ti peforms the worst and costs the most. Im so gutted, 400 euro and i hate it, It burned herbs right under the injector, And it does not cook herbs at the bottom. Ive tried 5 to 6.
5 with the same results, To cook the base of the bowl burns the top herbs under the injector.

That is not how my XL worked at all, My Mighty produces evenly browned thick vapor. And now i gotta go back for a regular bowl. Seb wont make me an XL bowl im trying to explain to him now my entire experience and reviews hangs now on if the regular bowl is big enough. It needs stirred, My Ti microbowl is too small for stirred loose herb so you cant stir as then you gotta repack and just EURGH when you fill and forget with the XL and Mighty.

Am i alone? And do i need to find a custom glass blower for a bowl? Its stupid that they themselves will not just make me a bigger bowl, But they wont. How hare can it be to keep customers happy all im asking is for a slightly larger bowl... But no?

This is what a regular bowl produces as far as I can tell. And I was medium slow inhaling, with a faster inhale will be even more powerful.
Are you sure you need a bigger bowl than this??. It wasn’t fully packed, it was loose packed, and it can hold at least 1/4 of a bigger load.
If you need a bigger bowl, get yourself a Volcano, blow an extra big 6 feet bag, and inhale it all at once.
The microdosing bowl was created by Herborizer to hit micro doses, but mostly for very very coarse, hand or scissor torn up buds, or mini buds, little nuggets of buds.
Do yourself a favor, and try microdosing with chunkier pieces of buds, after a hit, crumble it a little bit, so no particulates go down your rig, and voilà, you discovered the pleasures of no grinding tasty microdosing.
It’s more a matter of common sense than not tying again.
And I have most of the heavy hitters desktops vaporizers, Glass Symphony, EVOs, all the FlowerPot family iterations, had a Sublimator, a Versa Infinity, tried a Verdamper, tried high end heat guns, and many iteration more, and trust me, the Herborizer Digi Ti only gets eclipsed in just some pros by the Glass Symphony, imho.
Glass Symphony it’s not for the faint of heart, I haven’t encountered yet a human with enough large capacity/volume and experienced lungs, to finish a “stadium bowl” in a Glass Symphony.
The Herborizer Digi Ti carries the second largest bowl after the Glass Symphony, meaning maximum functional loading of weed, you could pack more, but it wouldn’t work as well.
To sum it up, Herborizer DigiTi it’s a high end vape, that covers most of the necessities of a well versed vaporist.
Try the very very coarse grind, or big chunks, or full nugs with that bowl, try not to stir that much with that bowl.
I was lucky enough to buy the Herborizer DigiTi from The Vape Critic “Bud” himself, and it came with all the bowls and whistles, attachments and else. Can’t complain at all.
If someone else is buying an Herborizer DigiTi, buy the sherlock, you can use it as a stand and a rig. Double purpos. Buy all the bowls, 14mm and 18mm, microdoser, and extra 14 or 18, you never know when you’ll break one, and it’ll happen, trust me.
And the most important tip, buy at least one extra glass injector heater cover. That glass piece that has the 2 holes on top, and matches the bowl, is your “glass injector heater cover”, I broke that one, didn’t had a spare, and took like 3 weeks from the piece to arrive from France. I bought like 4 extras now. Covered.
Herborizer DigiTi is a top end high class desktop vaporizer, that is hard to match.
Top 3 in the world at the moment for me imho.
Stay vaped!!!
Mantente de la mente!!!

Last edited:

rodders83

You could ask Seb to make you a deeper, custom bowl. I onow he did for another nember here. Would allow much larger loads and can't hurt to ask right? Good luck anyway mate, hope you doing okay. Not sure if I will even join new FC. Down and out I may not inhabit the mortal plane for much longer, we'll see though one day at a time right? :tup:

One day and one bowl at a time mate, Im an odd vapor user i like 1gram loads and i also like glass screens so i thought try the mkcro but nah not for me and probably not worth hassling Seb over one user for larger bowls when he still has XL vapes to buy for these people so my bad there!

Really i should not review a microbowl as a 1g a time vaper as it may work for others, And im probably going to be fine with the regular bowl even if not there are solutions like using the XL bowl with an adapter maybe? Or find a UK blower the vape is just stupidly powerful and well built i think once i fine tune myself to the bowl i like it will probably be my vape to end all vapes. I dont see how you can improve on the design he has now in regular and Digi Ti. Its almost to me like the perfect heater that each person much finely adjust and choose thier bowl size.

@zanga maybe tried more vapes than me to have his top 3, I think its #1 as there is the XL and the Ti most only have one vape Seb has two. And i wont say much more but the customer support is unheard of. Seb simply will do everything to make you happy and enjoy his vape i have had free repairs and other things done its really unheard of.

Also @Alexis i hope what you are saying is not true friend, How do you put it into words? We can only pray and hope for your health.

Last edited:

daoist

My Herborizer XL heater broke the glass part. It broke like over 6 months ago. Ever since i have not been able to order the replacement because out of stock everywhere. Only thing that seems in stock is the XL system which is 239 euro. But only new heater will only be 99 euro.

Any alternatives? I think i can put the non-digital herborizer Ti heater on it for 149 euro. Not cheap either but saves me 90 euro on an entire new XL system (power supply, temperature controller etc)

lets say I can put the Herborizer Ti heater on my bong and connect to the XL power supply.. Would this be better than XL version? What difference to expect. And alternative bong heater suggestions are also welcome.

I don't really care about dabbing. Just flower most of the time, sometimes mixed with some keef or hashish works just fine for me if i need a little kick.

daoist,

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
My herborizer DigiTi has some sort of electrical issue. The entire controller flashes off and then on again.

The creator said to send it back to France for him to diagnose.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any solve?

I'm planning on sending it back overseas soon assuming nobody has ever fixed this issue before.

Thanks!

VapeEnthusiast,

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
lets say I can put the Herborizer Ti heater on my bong and connect to the XL power supply.. Would this be better than XL version? What difference to expect. And alternative

I would guess that the Ti heater would improve the experience. They even sell non-digital Ti versions normally. Youd need a new bowl too though I think.

VapeEnthusiast,

daoist

BTW i hear some people complain the herb near the herborizer heating element is burned. I don't think it is that bad.
But you can buy the herborizer injector stand to put the heater in. so it will not burn your herbs. I used to put about 0,5 gram in herborizer xl bowl. the top herb where a bit brownish, but not really burned. I am still hoping the XL heat injector is available again soon. it has been out of stock for 6 months now.

daoist,

Alexis

My herborizer DigiTi has some sort of electrical issue. The entire controller flashes off and then on again.

I'm planning on sending it back overseas soon assuming nobody has ever fixed this issue before.

Thanks!
Mate, have NO fear. Seb is the best. Just get it to him safely. He will sort you out and make sure it's fully operational in no time, super quick turn around. He akways fuxed and returned for me in 1 day, paid return, and included freebies.

My OG XL Herborizer injector was discovered to be not quite working right in after I had owned it for nearly 2 years and I compared it to my friends model who had owned one since 2011 used every day for many hours on end for it to be clear that my own injector was not heating up properly.

It was out of warranty and I had not bought it from herborizer directly even but I contacted Sebastien and he was so cool and I sent it back and he sent me a brand new one he also completely oven clean my glass to shiey brand new level and sent me some freebies.

I was actually officially the first person to receive the new digital model of the ti herborizer and due to my own foolishness I turned it up way too high one night and I destroyed it but I sent it back to Sebastien and he fixed it for me for free and again paid for return with freebies lol!

And he is always so nice and accepting and accommodating about it as well.

These things can happen but lightning doesn't strike continuously so just just get it fixed which will automatically happen and then carry on enjoying it knowing there is a virtual lifetime guarantee.

One sure thing, Seb will not leave you without a fully working DigiTi, no way, even if it means a replacement. Good luck bro and keep us posted

Last edited:

Alexis

BTW i hear some people complain the herb near the herborizer heating element is burned. I don't think it is that bad.
But you can buy the herborizer injector stand to put the heater in. so it will not burn your herbs. I used to put about 0,5 gram in herborizer xl bowl. the top herb where a bit brownish, but not really burned. I am still hoping the XL heat injector is available again soon. it has been out of stock for 6 months now.

XL and Ti have exact same power supply no performance difference. But it will work.

Alexis,
Reactions: JonServo

daoist

well i ordered myself an XL heat injector from the herborizer shop. I ordered some whips and a sherlock as well and a heater stand.
I am looking forward to test the sherlock with some hashish.

Last edited:
daoist,

buckhakeesah

Hey guys, I'm gonna buy a replacement bowl for my herbo. Do you guys prefer the 14 or 18? I already have the 18, but as the replacement should I go 14 for variety or is there a reason to stick with another 18? I have the herbo Ti.

buckhakeesah,

justcametomind

Thanks!
Mine occasionally turns off all of a sudden. That’s because the electrical wire is quite short by design and on top of that the plug doesn’t have a very firm connection. The hole were the electrical plug goes is half a millimeter too wide.
This issue has been discussed in the past, but in my case I only need to place the controller not to far from the socket, it doesn’t flash on and off more than once or twice AND only if I don’t pay attention to that flimsy connection.

@buckhakeesah imho it only depends on which water pipes you are going to use it. I use 18mm most of the time so I’d stick with that. Y advice would be never ever buy anything that would need constantly a 14/18 glass adapter, especially with the Herborizer. It’s already fragile enough as it is.

Last edited:

Alexis

Hey guys, I'm gonna buy a replacement bowl for my herbo. Do you guys prefer the 14 or 18? I already have the 18, but as the replacement should I go 14 for variety or is there a reason to stick with another 18? I have the herbo Ti.
Sebastien told me personally, 2 years ago now, that he planned to switch to producing 14mm bowls exclusively for the Ti system, because of better "fitment" of the screen.

I.e. easier to put securely in place in the 14 mm bowl vs 18 mm.

I dont support this view myself. I had no issues getting screens in my 18mm Ti bowl.

So it's up to you mate. Performance wise, no real noticeable difference I ever detected.
I would use my 18mm bowl as standard, it saves needing a reducer.

But 14mm gives more rig options.

The choice is yours my friend. No significant difference either way. Except arguably, less particulate falling down the side of the loose fitting Ti bowl screens into the water screen, with a wider more protruding edge on the 14mm bowl.

Anyway, nice to see you posting here, really hope you are okay and wishing you all the best.

Alexis,

buckhakeesah

@Alexis Great to hear from you friend! Love your presence. Thanks for sharing your insights. I just completed my order. Seb gave me notice of this recent batch of glass accessories that just got refilled. I now own a Sherlock but it arrived with some damage and hope my replacement becomes my life long piece.

buckhakeesah,
Reactions: Alexis

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Last night I had a session where I took advantage of the view into the bowl, and ended my hits when the top started to brown. Usually I go past this with a long draw, but this time I wanted to play around, so I stopped once the vapor stream got really thick. Way better for me. I got an extra hit out of the bowl, and it was tastier all around. Take the time to play with different load sizes, draw speeds and lengths, and different temps. Somewhere in there is the perfect hit just for you.

If you singe the top of your load, either pack less, or turn down the heat. Removing the injector between hits will also help. After last night's experiment, I now consider this user error.

Alexis

Last night I had a session where I took advantage of the view into the bowl, and ended my hits when the top started to brown. Usually I go past this with a long draw, but this time I wanted to play around, so I stopped once the vapor stream got really thick. Way better for me. I got an extra hit out of the bowl, and it was tastier all around. Take the time to play with different load sizes, draw speeds and lengths, and different temps. Somewhere in there is the perfect hit just for you.

If you singe the top of your load, either pack less, or turn down the heat. Removing the injector between hits will also help. After last night's experiment, I now consider this user error.
Hi Sticks. I have thought for a while, how gentle the Ti extraction and heat flow is.

The extraction is less aggressive and instant vs the Flowerpot, in my observations.

But I see this as a good thing, I always felt a load in the Ti woukd go further and give longer lasting effects than in the Flowerpot.

I love the FP btw. It's great.

The Herbo Ti is so forgiving a device. Im very open too to Sebastien's claims of the Ti injector and bowl's unique venturi action.

I am really pleased to see this excellent device picking up increasing, deserved acclaim.

daoist

I finally got my new herborizer XL heater, my herborizer whips (which i am planning to use on my Extreme Q) and i have my herborizer heater stand and my Sherlock.
Everything was packed nicely and arrived in perfect condition. Thank you herborizer.

The DPD courier service that it was shipped with totally sucks though. They don't deliver anything. they just say they do and claim you were not home and then they just dump it at a pick up point. I don't mind if it is late for some legit reason, but the lying and deceiving of this dpd service really bothers me.

Last edited:

daoist

Oke herbonauts. i have a question about the herborizer XL.

It seems the XL bowl does not always vape efficient. I try to vape like a pro now with the XL heat injector in it's own SG19 stand seperate from the bowl.
and then i just put the heater on the bowl when i take a hit.

Now sometimes i noticed that the flower is not vaped brown enough. i noticed, when i "accidently" forgot to take of the heater from the bowl that i got more vape.

So basicly my question is: Do i need to heat soak the bowl before i hit it? if so how long? 10 sec? 30 sec? 1 min?
I normally only heat soak glass bullet heat injector.

daoist,

Alexis

Oke herbonauts. i have a question about the herborizer XL.

It seems the XL bowl does not always vape efficient. I try to vape like a pro now with the XL heat injector in it's own SG19 stand seperate from the bowl.
and then i just put the heater on the bowl when i take a hit.

Now sometimes i noticed that the flower is not vaped brown enough. i noticed, when i "accidently" forgot to take of the heater from the bowl that i got more vape.

So basicly my question is: Do i need to heat soak the bowl before i hit it? if so how long? 10 sec? 30 sec? 1 min?
I normally only heat soak glass bullet heat injector.
Yes it has long been observed and confirmed, that with the XL system and deep large bowl, heat soaking significantly enhances and speeds up the extraction.

Much more necessary than with the Ti system. But not essential at all IMO.

10 minute bowl heatsoak is seen as standard requirement for best effects.

Alexis,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The XL is not meant for efficiency. It's meant for indulgence! When I use it, I pack a big bowl and use it like a normal Herborizer, but the bowl lasts forever and the session is longer in every way.

stickstones,

daoist

I was using my extreme Q for last 6 months, so i sort of forgot how wonderful the herborizer XL is. Now i have the XL with sherlock. That Sherlock hits me so smooth.
Sessions with the extreme Q last a lot longer though. So i guess the XL is a fast extractor. can be a bit hot on the throat if you suck to fast though.
I am still finding the sweetspot.

With this Sherlock glass pipe i really can feel so many details in the vape that i never noticed before.

Last edited:
daoist,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

I was using my extreme Q for last 6 months, so i sort of forgot how wonderful the herborizer XL is. Now i have the XL with sherlock. That Sherlock hits me so smooth.
Sessions with the extreme Q last a lot longer though. So i guess the XL is a fast extractor. can be a bit hot on the throat if you suck to fast though.
I am still finding the sweetspot.

With this Sherlock glass pipe i really can feel so many details in the vape that i never noticed before.
With my XL, I never went above setting 7 for personal unusual allergy problems, but basically if you are your normal average paper you only need to turn the temperature up to 8 or above and you can actually get pretty quick extraction and browning especially if you experiment raising the screen up on top of the notches, allowing a much smaller load and quicker extraction that way as well.

Certain people on this forum routinely used their XL on 10.

But I have a good friend Dave. He bought the XL in 2011.

He has used it for many hours practically every day ever since he has picked up a variety of other devices including the Ti system, Evo, Splinter Z...

But he still prefers tge XL. After work as an estate agent he simply switches it on fills it with a good half gram of some lovely we and sits there talking on the whip or night whenever he feels the lead without taste diminishing fast and barely needing to stir for quite some periods much longer than with many other models where more frequent stirring is essential.

But the point I'm making is that my friend Dave who has no allergy or sensitivity issues at all still chooses consistently over the years how to use heat setting 7 or 7.5 maximum on occasion.

This works better with a fullish load like 0.5 g, just not too close to the injector and packed to restrict airflow you can get so much further into that bowl

Not as much as the verdamper vaporizer but still a chunky amount.

It takes a few draws intitially, but once flowing, it is effortless plumes of super tasty, smooth vapor. Taste does not decline fast, and on 7 0r 6,5, 6.5....the herbbstarys green for surprising while despite lots big medicating hits.

So the Xl really is a session vaporizer. Less fiddling, stirring, reloading etc. Very sociable and sharable too with one big load...then another....then.... :lol:.

It is very reliable too, my friend Dave's, been running 7 hours a day at least most days since 2011.....as good as new.

And Sebasiten will always fix for free anyway, send back same day IME. (Mine was rarely faulty, he replaced it wa out of warranty no quibble).

Now... the only thing I don't like about this system is The Awkward Handling of the heating injector and the glass bowl itself with such tiny Diddley glass handles to pinch hold of.

So easy to burn your fingers with this system.

A great aspect of the Ti- so easy to handle that way.

Top Bottom