Herborizer corner

rodders83

@lazylathe

Yep it could be of course my material screwing up my experience of the Ti actually, You having access to top grade material as i watch your youtube channel haha. And i think if mine was better i could get more out but its something that will have to see about and the glass then. It will probably be what i need to do in the next few months.

Does the perc clog much on the RooR? I see some particulate does get through in vapes so is it a two day three day or weekly cleaning thing?

rodders83,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
@lazylathe

Yep it could be of course my material screwing up my experience of the Ti actually, You having access to top grade material as i watch your youtube channel haha. And i think if mine was better i could get more out but its something that will have to see about and the glass then. It will probably be what i need to do in the next few months.

Does the perc clog much on the RooR? I see some particulate does get through in vapes so is it a two day three day or weekly cleaning thing?

I can attest to material quality from personal experience!
We have a system in Canada that rates bud from A to AAAA+, I stick to AAAA and AAAA+ only.
If I use a AAA it will milk up slightly and for a very short period of time and then done.
The quality bud gets you 2 or 3 massive rips!

I used to let the RooR get quite dirty when I first received it but then one day I caught a whiff of the mouthpiece and it stank like dirty bong water!
The perc never got clogged, just a lot of oil build up that the water cooled out from the vapor and it sticks to the side of the WT.
If you use your WT dry, you must have enough clean filters to keep the particulate out of the WT or finer screens.
A dirty WT makes your herb taste different to what it should taste and for me that is no good.
Using high quality flower means I use less product for the same or better effects that last a lot longer means my WT stays cleaner for a longer period of time. I will clean my WT usually once a week or twice if I have the time. The bowls will get soaked in a Mason jar filled with ISO and cleaned the next night when things are warming up.
If you plan your sessions and cleaning it will soon become an easy routine and not take up too much time.

daoist

you really have to rinse your glass every day. At lower temps the bong does not taste nearly as bad.
I don't take vapers seriously if they don't clean there glass/bowls/vaporizers, especially when they have a gross bong and try to tell you how good the weed tastes etc... lmao with those clowns on youtube.

I clean my bong in 5 minutes. just rinse it out with hot water few times. then shake it a bit with percolators submerged in alcohol.
poor back the alcohol for re-use. rinse out the bong again with hot water. super easy. or you can just soak it in hot water with dishwasher soap and let it soak. super easy. not hard to get it clean at all if you do it after each use and it gets rid of the bad taste.

Last edited:

rodders83

I can attest to material quality from personal experience!
We have a system in Canada that rates bud from A to AAAA+, I stick to AAAA and AAAA+ only.
If I use a AAA it will milk up slightly and for a very short period of time and then done.
The quality bud gets you 2 or 3 massive rips!

I used to let the RooR get quite dirty when I first received it but then one day I caught a whiff of the mouthpiece and it stank like dirty bong water!
The perc never got clogged, just a lot of oil build up that the water cooled out from the vapor and it sticks to the side of the WT.
If you use your WT dry, you must have enough clean filters to keep the particulate out of the WT or finer screens.
A dirty WT makes your herb taste different to what it should taste and for me that is no good.
Using high quality flower means I use less product for the same or better effects that last a lot longer means my WT stays cleaner for a longer period of time. I will clean my WT usually once a week or twice if I have the time. The bowls will get soaked in a Mason jar filled with ISO and cleaned the next night when things are warming up.
If you plan your sessions and cleaning it will soon become an easy routine and not take up too much time.

The confusing thing is i get thick clouds in all my vapes. The Ti can really produce milk but if i have poorish quality herb and rotate it along the three vapes it clearly feels im losing a fair chunk of my high. I was thinking about it last night it may actually be the opposite and if i got top quality herb i would always be super stoned but how would i know if i was missing something?

Its contradictive to what i thought earlier but when your herb access aint great, And you need everything from it and it becomes really noticeable when not long after a hit you want another. In my situation this aint a good thing i can end up running dry on my stash. So im very attuned to anything thats missing. And the milks there, The abv is dark even charred lighty under the heater but after a bowl i simply want another to get higher but never do it always stays at a mellow reasonable level.

justcametomind

@lazylathe

Herborizer T requires just a bit of technique, slow inhaling and mixing up the load at the end of the session. Otherwise I get that black abv on top of the load and burnt flavor.
If you didn’t acquire that technique and have no juicy enough weed, that burnt flavor hits sooner than with the good stuff.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@rodders83

My Herbo Ti unit arrived today! It's just the standard one with the standard bowl only.
After a bit of messing around I have settled for my first mod to use less herb, the exact opposite of you! LOL!
I rounded a double weave Ti screen and made it fit perfectly ON TOP of the dimples, so raise it a good 5mm.
I also went down to 5.5 on the dial.
This next par is quite crucial in my opinion.
Place the heater on the bowl, sit back and wonder at this magnificent bit of vaporizing technology that sits in front of you, take a few breaths and relax. Now hit it slowly and steadily and you will be rewarded with a massive cloud!
The top of the bowl is not charred at all and the AVB is all a golden color throughout, very even.
A stir, relax and let it heat soak for 30 seconds, then hit it for that last massive cloud.

Again this is some super sticky, very potent herb that has been expertly grown.
Have a look here:
http://instagr.am/p/B_5F9RnDB2Y/

rodders83

@rodders83

My Herbo Ti unit arrived today! It's just the standard one with the standard bowl only.
After a bit of messing around I have settled for my first mod to use less herb, the exact opposite of you! LOL!
I rounded a double weave Ti screen and made it fit perfectly ON TOP of the dimples, so raise it a good 5mm.
I also went down to 5.5 on the dial.
This next par is quite crucial in my opinion.
Place the heater on the bowl, sit back and wonder at this magnificent bit of vaporizing technology that sits in front of you, take a few breaths and relax. Now hit it slowly and steadily and you will be rewarded with a massive cloud!
The top of the bowl is not charred at all and the AVB is all a golden color throughout, very even.
A stir, relax and let it heat soak for 30 seconds, then hit it for that last massive cloud.

Again this is some super sticky, very potent herb that has been expertly grown.
Have a look here:
http://instagr.am/p/B_5F9RnDB2Y/

I am glad you are able to enjoy it mate it really does produce good clouds at 5.5, But whats inside them is what matters and the alchemy part theres maybe something to be said about convection vapes like this and flowerpot and how they scale with your herb quality and i also suspect they are not quite as efficent as others but the trade off is extraction time and raw power.

If you use top grade material you will always be enjoying dense clouds and be very high regardless. Where as my herb i have to buy from the street so the quality isnt good. So if i were to do what you did with even less i would have much less material inside the bowl and simple mathematics means more surface area and volume of herb means more THC is available for vaporization and thus clouds are denser and the high better. This is why concentrate and good bud is so good it has so much thc locked in a small volume it can totally change the quality of a vape.

But for me and my standard average flower, Maths means i need a larger surface area and more herb. But i tried it the results are the same the abv is golden and golden abv doesnt get me high it has to be brown people where i am in the UK only value a Indica high so golden abv doesnt work. The only way to get it darker is to basically get a job stirring your bowls and i aint got time for that at all. And if i dont stirr or i try a heatsoak it literally chars a circle under the injector. And they are not touching they are not 5mm away but still close and it doesnt work at all.

After long hard thoughts in this, Thats my final decision its a good vape if your material is good but if you use average material it becomes an average to poor device. Thats the sad reality if someone wants to go try average herb and trys to sedate themselves before sleep with a vape like this it might not work. For me unless the vape is efficent enough to extract everything i risk waking up at 4am with nightmares and having to wash my bedsheets. Thats why i vape at high temps to sedate anxienty and block dreams. And as for herb potency well sadly changing this isnt a straightforward thing because its highly illegal still in the UK so you have to simply accept the herb thats doing the rounds. For example the stuff i got right now doesnt do it so i have to add some kief to satifsy myself. Its weird isnt it? Were able to see the two spectrums here one user with poor herb and another with some great herb. I think the fact you microdosed attests to your herb quality. Congratulations on that if you home grew it mate i admit i am jealous it looks so dank. :)

Last edited:

Vapordeflor

The only way to get it darker is to basically get a job stirring your bowls and i aint got time for that at all.

Hi mate!

In my experience with this vape, I find it mandatory to stir my bowl in between hits, I do not find it a hustle at all, it´s part of my routine with this vape and I find it relaxing, I was wondering why you struggle that much to just stir the bowl, are you vaping with a whip leaned back or..?

And stepping a bit off topic, I live in Spain and there are many ways to get Top Shelf weed in Europe, you just have to dive a bit on the black and grey market. Do not conform with low quality. :2c:

Have a nice day Herbo lovers!!!

daoist

last few days i have been experimenting with temperatures on the herborizer. i put it on 7 now (400f/200c). this seems to give me full extraction already and still smooth on the throat. the ABV was light though. So i thought lets experiment and see what the abv at 200c does in the mighty at 210c)
it barely did anything, the abv was not getting darker either. So i guess i was wrong about the abv color before.

rodders83

Hi mate!

In my experience with this vape, I find it mandatory to stir my bowl in between hits, I do not find it a hustle at all, it´s part of my routine with this vape and I find it relaxing, I was wondering why you struggle that much to just stir the bowl, are you vaping with a whip leaned back or..?

And stepping a bit off topic, I live in Spain and there are many ways to get Top Shelf weed in Europe, you just have to dive a bit on the black and grey market. Do not conform with low quality. :2c:

Mostly i prefer to vape when doing things so yea i am a hands free vaper by preference i think but no not with a whip i only ever use a glass pathway system like a bubbler. When i am doing something i dont want to need a stirrer etc by my side. I dont find it relaxing at all i find it a tiresome chore. Its the only vape i own that needs such attention.

With the XL etc, I leave the heater on when i pick it up its pre heatsoaked at 230c and ive never had any issue i have fell alseep with it like this and when i woke up i had a huge hit. No burning or anything thats what spoiled me.

@daoist If i do not get black herb at 230c which is 10 then what does that say? The air is taking about 10c off that temps. Try another step on the dial the higher the more sedative as well. But more efficent too. If i had to guess i would say 7 is 190c and 8 is the 200c and 9 is more like the mighty 210c. I fully suspect after 5yrs of daily heavy use 10 on the XL dial is actually 220c.

rodders83,
Reactions: Alexis

justcametomind

Hi mate!

Stirring is a pain also because every time you stir, some particles will be grated between the stirrer and the bowl screen and fall down, dirtying the glass. I got schooled in this thread and now I use two screens, but you have to clean often in between the two screens. Such a peculiar build up: a mix of grated abv and just a bit of reclaim resin to make it somewhat sticky. With this setup the “grated particles” stay on top of the second screen and only the smallest ones will eventually fall, especially when moving/shaking the bubbler. Second screen or not, stirring and cleaning up bongs are chores and the less cleaning, the better!
That’s one of the reason why I like the Sherlock, disconnecting the base and cleaning the Herborizer logo whenever I want is so satisfying xD

daoist

i use two screens. nothing falls down. and also works great with hasish.
i like stirring. looking at the abv etc...

daoist,

rodders83

on the herborizer 6 is 190 celsius, 7 is 200 celsius. and 10 is 230 celsius.
look at jerry hiting the OG XL. that was a good hit made him float away within himself.

230c is combustion temp, So if ut really was 230c the ABV would char. I can tell you the bowl temp does not correspond with the dial. Its the way air works the second you inhale you drop the temps. The temp dial can never be accurate this way you have to subtract about a minimum of 5c in an inhale.

rodders83,

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
20200711-110656.jpg

One of things that always draws my eye to it in a bad way is the condition of my glass injector sleeves. They get dirty like this fairly fast. It is the only part I have of any device that just laughs at ISO and an ultra sonic cleaner. The only way I can get them back to clear again is to give them to @VAPEHUNTER and have him torch them for me with much larger flame thrower than I am comfortable using. Since this happens again within a couple weeks of him doing it he quickly grew tired of the chore and no longer takes my calls. I am a somewhat frequent member of the User Error Club. Do I need to be doing something different?

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Have you tried pulling the heater off to clear the bowl between hits? It's vapor condensing into oil and burning on.

I have recently started doing that because I have the theory that my herb might be cooking a little between the blazing hot herb holder and the short wait for the injector to ramp back up after a draw. I usually see a 35-45 degree drop after a hit.
However I had not started doing that with a clean injector sleeve. It is a good idea.

HughJundys,

Hippie

It's caused by vapour going the wrong way so you need to try to stop doing that m8 :)
Less water in the bong, remove heater before you stop drawing, try not to stop drawing abruptly ...

Not seen it that bad (as I don't let it get that bad lol) but it only takes me 2 mins or so to scrub it off with a kitchen scourer with wire woven into the pad. It's probably going to create tiny scratches in the glass eventually but I'm not seeing any scratches yet from using the scourer when I do the monthly deep clean.

Vaporware

@rodders83 I don’t have an Herborizer (although I have a couple of FlowerPots), but a lot of the time when I hear about people getting rings or overcooked top layers with other vaporizers it helps a lot if they take very slow draws. If you give it another shot, you might want to see if that helps. :)

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
@HughJundys

What whaterpiece do you use? If the downstem inserts from the side of the can + below the water level, then the water needs to "restabalize" after the hit. This causes blowback (think of the huge double perc chinaglass piece that NV used to sell with the flowerpot). You'll have less blowback with a waterpiece that has a downstrem that enters the can from the top (like the UFO FC or D020D or something).

VapeEnthusiast,
Reactions: HughJundys

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
download.jpg

The one I have been using with the Herborizer is like this one. @VapeEnthusiast Thank you for explaining the blowback. I had been experiencing that. I'd finish a hit and noticed some material would blow back and stick to the injector burning up instantly. I didn't like that very much so in the last several weeks I have readjusted what I was doing and made sure I remove the herb bowl before I finish my draw. @Hippie and @VaporWare you know I have been hitting that thing hard at times and stopping my pull abruptly. I think I'll try to get these back to clear again and take a look at my water level, slow my draw, make sure I don't stop abruptly, and remove the heater before I am done. Thank you for the help.

rodders83

@rodders83 I don’t have an Herborizer (although I have a couple of FlowerPots), but a lot of the time when I hear about people getting rings or overcooked top layers with other vaporizers it helps a lot if they take very slow draws. If you give it another shot, you might want to see if that helps. :)

Nah it did not change its a vape you can suck hard or soft on and for me the outcomes the same always. Its caused by lack of stirring on my part and leaving the heater on for like 15 seconds. We covered that i like high temp so to get my abv dark i need to keep churning a bowl like a cement mixer every bowl required attention because its power extraction and that just aint my thing i do not want to work for my vapor.

In a few months when i get time, It will be sold to pay for a Verdamper or something that had minimal stirring requirements. I got vapes that can be filled and forget and still work so i cant get on with it at all.

rodders83,

lazylathe

Almost there...
@rodders83

I was watching a video today on IG by @zancru and my brain suddenly saw what I had forgot about owning a Herbo Ti!!

I talked about moving the screen up, lowering the temp etc, etc...
All a bunch of garbage... Lmao!!!

I saw that his injector was way below the rim of the joint and remembered that you can move it down to move the heat closer and fine tune it!

This has brought it up to being used regularly and I can extract a small bowl in one huge tasty cloud.

Will do a video soonish!

Top Bottom