• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herbie V2 by Vape Engineering - 510 dry herb vaporizer

David Root

Thanks, I ordered some mesh and wire.

I got a thank you from Vape Engineering. I asked for more mesh. Heard nothing.

David

David Root,
Reactions: BigJr48

ConvectCode1

@ConvectCode1: must be something with your particular mod then, others have been using those for a long time without issues.

Could be a problem with your center 510 pin, bad battery contacts, or maybe you bought a fake one. The latter hypothesis could also explain why you struggle to flash it, as many clones are firmware locked and/or not recognized by updaters.
I got it from Wismec.com. But I guess. PITA atomizer 1 in 20 hits is decent.

Last edited:
ConvectCode1,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I got it from Wismec.com. But I guess. PITA atomizer 1 in 20 hits is decent.
Do you have either Red Panda mod?

I sold all my rxg3ds and started proselytizing for the one true mod (and by one I mean two).

While not as compact or light as your flaky wismec, the Espion is under forty bucks shipped from these guys with code MOD15. Highly recommended if one of your other 510s is a Splinter Z.

David Root

Last night I put Herbie on my Joyetech Evic Dual. Only one battery.
Herbie was packed with medium fine grind.
It was set using TCR as usual, but it automatically went to power mode. (Watts)
It was on 20, so I bumped it up to 40, 45, then 50 watts.

46 watts, hold the button for 5 seconds using the timer on the Evic.
Release and push again. Draw slow for a second or two and rip it.

As the unit warms up, you can go 4 seconds or 3 then draw. I could draw as long as I want, If the unit times out, just quick release and push. Had some huge clouds. No combustion.

If it gets really hot, I set it down for a bit.

Packing the load is the last item. A good tamped load roasts evenly.

David

Last edited:

ConvectCode1

Do you have either Red Panda mod?

I sold all my rxg3ds and started proselytizing for the one true mod (and by one I mean two).

While not as compact or light as your flaky wismec, the Espion is under forty bucks shipped from these guys with code MOD15. Highly recommended if one of your other 510s is a Splinter Z.

I’ve been trying to install AF or Red Panda with no luck for some reason. I ordered an Eleaf Pico 2 that I’m waiting on that I’m hoping to at least run in TCR mode, or even reliable TC mode. The Wismec just seems like a triple battery mod powered by only dual batteries. It can’t even handle TC. It’s maddening too that I’m unable to get the darn NFE Tools and AF on the Wismec but I’m hoping to do so on the Eleaf.

ConvectCode1,

David Root

Wow, I just put Artic Fox on the Evic Dual. I have not tried it yet, but it has a Preheat mode, so I added 150% preheat for the first 2 seconds. Change draw time to 60 seconds?

Cannot get Artic fox on the Paramour. Computer makes a sound when I plug it in, but will not see it.
David

David Root,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I’ve been trying to install AF or Red Panda with no luck for some reason. I ordered an Eleaf Pico 2 that I’m waiting on that I’m hoping to at least run in TCR mode, or even reliable TC mode. The Wismec just seems like a triple battery mod powered by only dual batteries. It can’t even handle TC. It’s maddening too that I’m unable to get the darn NFE Tools and AF on the Wismec but I’m hoping to do so on the Eleaf.
I mostly used an old version of myevic on my rxg3ds. You might try that or the tubo_myevic if the flaky wismec won't flash AF properly.

Only the Joyetech Espion and the Wismec Ravage230 that support Red Panda
Wow, I just put Artic Fox on the Evic Dual. I have not tried it yet, but it has a Preheat mode, so I added 150% preheat for the first 2 seconds. Change draw time to 60 seconds?

Cannot get Artic fox on the Paramour. Computer makes a sound when I plug it in, but will not see it.
David
The Paramour isn't AF compatible. You can see the list of compatible mods here:

jasp3r

Guess they don’t have much advice to offer... but yet they lurk.....

“Last seen Today at 3:12 PM”
Reached out two diff ways via instagram letting them know to check FC boards and reply. Let's hope but something tells me they aren't interested in providing feedback which is really strange given how vocal they were pre release.

Vape Engineering

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi everyone, we are still here and are trying to find out what’s going on with these mixed results.

We can understand you, that you are not happy with Herbie if it doesn’t work properly.

So we are currently trying to replicate the typical problems. So far these are the main problems we could figure out:

• Jumping ohms: -> loose screws during transportation
  • Coil is too close to the material: -> we are currently looking for a manufacturer who can deliver industrial manufactured coils, since every coil is folded by hand.
  • Combustion: -> different reasons. Material is very dry. The bowl is packed too tight. Wrong TCR value. Too slow drawing technique. Loose screws.
We are also looking for screens with better quality.

When we can replicate the errors, we will make some trouble shoot videos.

So as you can see, we are still pushing to make Herbie run for everyone. We did not expect, that much trouble with Herbie, because we simply did not face them during development.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have noticed a couple of irritations with the Herbie.

It does seem to hot spot to some extent, and needs a stir. Then so does my cosmic extractor. I find one stir per bowl is all that is required. Ill bring my stempod in to the rotation to see if it does the same. From memory it does. My P80 and tinymight dont do this as much.

The top screen seems to get clogged quick. I think a coarser grind will help. I find you can swap the screen, and carry on without changing the balls straight away. Maybe two screens per ball change.

With these two factors in consideration have I changed my mine about the Herbie?

Not really no. I am still really enjoying it and liking the form factor on the paramour. It's also a big bonus not needing a stem, making a very small portable package.

The vapor is not as thick as a tinymight. I stand corrected on this. It's about the same as my cosmic extractor.

Anyone who knows me, knows I like tinkering. However I am using the recommend settings and have not tickered at all.

Might get flammed for this, but kinda surprised that so many people gave up so quick without giving it much of a chance. I definitely take an approach more like @David Root. I find it's half the fun to figure out how something works. I understand now maybe I am the exception not the norm.

However the mixed results are still somewhat confusing.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
What are the advantages? I'm using AF and I don't have any idea what can make my experience even better. AF is feels perfect lol
No advantage and really the same functionality but @ConvectCode1 can't get AF on his rxg3d so any myevic variant would make a good option. You use the wismec firmware updater instead of nfetools too so maybe the install would work for once who knows

ConvectCode1

No advantage and really the same functionality but @ConvectCode1 can't get AF on his rxg3d so any myevic variant would make a good option. You use the wismec firmware updater instead of nfetools too so maybe the install would work for once who knows
Ok I’ll give that a try. The Wismec update works, so maybe I can do what you said with the Evic software. Thanks I’ll give it a shot

ConvectCode1,

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
I have noticed a couple of irritations with the Herbie.

It does seem to hot spot to some extent, and needs a stir. Then so does my cosmic extractor. I find one stir per bowl is all that is required. Ill bring my stempod in to the rotation to see if it does the same. From memory it does. My P80 and tinymight dont do this as much.

The top screen seems to get clogged quick. I think a coarser grind will help. I find you can swap the screen, and carry on without changing the balls straight away. Maybe two screens per ball change.

With these two factors in consideration have I changed my mine about the Herbie?

Not really no. I am still really enjoying it and liking the form factor on the paramour. It's also a big bonus not needing a stem, making a very small portable package.

The vapor is not as thick as a tinymight. I stand corrected on this. It's about the same as my cosmic extractor.

Anyone who knows me, knows I like tinkering. However I am using the recommend settings and have not tickered at all.

Might get flammed for this, but kinda surprised that so many people gave up so quick without giving it much of a chance. I definitely take an approach more like @David Root. I find it's half the fun to figure out how something works. I understand now maybe I am the exception not the norm.

However the mixed results are still somewhat confusing.
I'm still waiting for my Paramour to give it a real try with temp control. Haven' t had an issue with the Herbie in wattage really other than some hot spotting but that's fixed by a stir mid bowl. I found AF a bit frustrating with it, however I might give it another try before the Paramour gets here with some of @David Root's settings for the Evic since that's what I was trying it with and not having success with the suggested TCR value. Thanks for the effort you put in @David Root, I think it'll help me get this thing up and functional with temp control.

ProfessionalHandJob,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Ok I’ll give that a try. The Wismec update works, so maybe I can do what you said with the Evic software. Thanks I’ll give it a shot
I don't think I have the computer I had the myevic.bin file on but it was probably one of these:

You may need to right click on the link and Save As because browsers can get confused by a .bin file. I recall having one myevic.bin that the Wismec installer didn't like but another file from a different github link that worked fine. It's not in development like AF I don't think but that never mattered a lick to me since it worked great as is.

bossman,

David Root

Since Artic Fox on the Evic, it just gets easier.

Seeing Scott rip this like it was nothing with good clouds is what got me interested, and although I can make the device work, I’m kinda thinking I’m half stupid because it’s nowhere near what Scott is doing and as far as I know he didn’t take his out of wattage mode.

Finally we have huge clouds.

I set the coil resistance and locked it in.
I set temp to 210C
I messed with preheat
I kept adjusting the TCR to get desired effect. Ended up @ 225
Watts are at 50.

I set temp to 245 C, It combusted soon. I am dialed in.

I had it goofed up one time where even drawing as fast as I could, it would combust. This was just after I installed Artic Fox.

I have confidence in it finally.

David

Last bowl I packed, I mounded it up real good. I put the S&B capsule cap on top of the load with the outside facing up.
After a bunch of big clouds, I popped off, stirred and put it on the other way so the bowl was smaller. I finished the bowl, good dark ABV. I needed a J hook because it was so hot.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I brought a couple of 21700 cells for my paramour. My first venture in to these larger next gen cells. Not sure they would fit in my older D4 charger, but worked without issue.

Interesting to see how much longer they last with the Herbie.

oddjobold,
Top Bottom