• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herbie V2 by Vape Engineering - 510 dry herb vaporizer

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah sadly the vast majority only support the regular 22 to 23mm max diameter attys. There are also some nice looking units but sometimes they don't do TC at all.

I just closed some tab I had floating around the other day, it was a listing for a nice modular SBS mod, but only max 24mm. The price is sweet tho, someone might want to test it with other 510 attys:

PS: don't know how well the SEVO-70 chipset performs TC, might need to research that beforehand.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My DNA’s can be set to 15 seconds, more then enough time for me, the 1st hit on most convection devices is the warmup, so if I want to begin another cycle, I press the power button again, not a big deal for me.
Have we not set you up with a Red Panda mod deal? When I used color dna mods for my Zs I thought that disappointing first hit patience was compulsory but both my customs and ZV2s are much quicker off the line paired with either Red Panda mod.

The superior first hit performance, ability to disable unused profiles, custom cutoff timer, and of course autofire are some of the reasons I sold or gifted all but one of my dna mods (I really need to sell that VT75D too). Even setting the temp on color dna mods is more trouble than it needs to be. No adjusting or locking resistance needed with the Red Panda mods either. Granted we're not talking side by side like the diminutive Paramour but the Espion is back in stock for under $40 shipped:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Have we not set you up with a Red Panda mod deal? When I used color dna mods for my Zs I thought that disappointing first hit patience was compulsory but both my customs and ZV2s are much quicker off the line paired with either Red Panda mod.

The superior first hit performance, ability to disable unused profiles, custom cutoff timer, and of course autofire are some of the reasons I sold or gifted all but one of my dna mods (I really need to sell that VT75D too). Even setting the temp on color dna mods is more trouble than it needs to be. No adjusting or locking resistance needed with the Red Panda mods either. Granted we're not talking side by side like the diminutive Paramour but the Espion is back in stock for under $40 shipped:

Thanks, I have far too many mods, and still prefer my DNA’s for their accuracy in TC mode. I use a simple DNA theme, that’s easy to change almost all settings on the mod. I don’t have an issue with my 15 second timeout. The main negative on a DNA mod, is you can’t set a custom TCR setting on the mod, you have to add custom profiles to the mod on the computer, but you have 10 slots, for wire material TCR’s.

Yes we use for Herbie a 30 Mesh made of SS304.

A german customer contacted us regarding problems with the mesh. So I made a quick video yesterday. It is just in german but there will be more "professional" videos in future. I am still not sure if you want to hear me speaking english :D

So here's the video: https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/664011844

at the end, the abv is shown.

*****Edit*****
Everybody who contacted us regarding missing mesh or missing parts will be sent tomorrow. So we will bring the packages to DHL store tomorrow

Can you inquire DHL, why the shipments to USA have been sitting in Germany for a week?
Thanks.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks, I have far too many mods, and still prefer my DNA’s for their accuracy in TC mode. I use a simple DNA theme, that’s easy to change almost all settings on the mod. I don’t have an issue with my 15 second timeout. The main negative on a DNA mod, is you can’t set a custom TCR setting on the mod, you have to add custom profiles to the mod on the computer, but you have 10 slots, for wire material TCR’s.
You really can't say what you prefer over something you've never tried; you're just saying you can't be bothered. Username checks out both ways at least 😂

I'm familiar with Escribe and have owned and configured a half dozen color dna mods, including changing material files and upgrading the positively woeful default theme.

We're off topic though and folks need to chirp about their Herbie shipping.

I wonder if the Herbie is gonna lure me into digging up a few Mighty dosing capsules. I've never liked capsules for any vape but I do see myself getting the Herbie dirty otherwise and I can see the utility of reloading on the go. The hits looked surprisingly decent in @Vape Engineering's clip, autofocus pulsing notwithstanding

purpletweed

Can you inquire DHL, why the shipments to USA have been sitting in Germany for a week?
Thanks.

I noticed the following on DHL:
USA:
At this time, transport capacities to the US are considerably reduced. In light of this, special measures are required in order to maintain mail and parcel service.
  • Merchandise shipments for private customers:
    • Depending on the availability of transport capacity, we reserve the right until further notice to ship US-bound parcels (Päckchen and Paket) without Premium service via ocean freight. Please note that these items may be subject to very lengthy transit times of up to 60 days.
    • For faster merchandise shipment service, customers can still choose DHL Paket International with Premium service; in this case, items are shipped to the US via air freight.
  • Merchandise shipments for business/contract customers:
    • Warenpost and parcel service to the USA remains available.
    • DHL Paket International items will be transported via air freight with an international crisis surcharge, currently EUR 1.85 per kilogram (or part thereof). This crisis surcharge applies to both Economy and Premium parcels.
I don't know how exactly they shipped our parcels, aside from that they're Pakets, but the hold-up's probably just delay associated with the above warnings.

RustyOldNail

You really can't say what you prefer over something you've never tried; you're just saying you can't be bothered. Username checks out both ways at least 😂

I'm familiar with Escribe and have owned and configured a half dozen color dna mods, including changing material files and upgrading the positively woeful default theme.

We're off topic though and folks need to chirp about their Herbie shipping.

I wonder if the Herbie is gonna lure me into digging up a few Mighty dosing capsules. I've never liked capsules for any vape but I do see myself getting the Herbie dirty otherwise and I can see the utility of reloading on the go. The hits looked surprisingly decent in @Vape Engineering's clip, autofocus pulsing notwithstanding

You are correct, I can’t be “bothered”, just to gain a longer timeout. Nor do I want to purchase anymore Chinese mods.
I am however, looking forward to see how well the Mighty capsules work, and how much higher the temperature settings will need to compensate. Still waiting for DHL package to move....

RustyOldNail,

fangorn

I received mine this morning. (I live in France ... there is only one land border to cross ...).

I am really, really happy with my purchase.
Thank you and well done @Vape Engineering !

This is my first 510, it will be cool! I have been vaping nicotine for several years, but am not familiar with temperature control .. quite a geeky aspect !!

In short, the outer box has been abused. It amused me ... it really looked like someone had punched it. But I knew that the contents of the package did not risk much!

Clean and sufficient cardboard packaging! Too bad we have to tear / cut the label to open it. It's less clean after opening !! (Just a detail! No big deal at all).

I took an extra spare kit, but there is everything you need to start with what is supplied as standard. At least I'm quiet for a while.
It is simple and efficient.

I took it apart very easily, put balls in the cap, rinsed it with water, dried it, put it back together just as easily.
It's very cool ! It's easy, the o rings are of good quality. It was important to me.
Everything fits together easily. It's fluid.
I think a locking system between the base and the chamber would be a good improvement. I am thinking of the Flash e vapor one with a lug and a notch. This would allow the ato to be screwed and unscrewed in one piece. Today, you have to lift the entire upper part, at least a little, then unscrew the base. This is not a big problem since the ato can stay on the box for a long time but ... I have this system in hand every day for years with a Feb!

The balls are easily inserted and the screen is relatively easy to replace.

I really like the choice of the drip tip.
It's a rather mtl drip tip with a fine opening. Pleasant.

I loaded an Orient Express style S&B stainless steel capsule. Not packed, well not too much.
Here we go !!

I started at 32.5W ... and stayed there. I suck slowly. The first shot to heat everything up a bit. Both and three were very good. In the fourth, I had the onset of a tunnel effect and the taste made me stop.
I surely could have extracted more but it was a test. Unfortunately for the test, the Orient Express is purple. So I had very little information on the level of extraction reached.

I remade a capsule with Strawberry Cbd of a more basic color. I had almost the same results. My first 3 slats were very good then a beginning of a tunnel effect, felt to the taste and confirmed by the avb. I stopped at a caramel avb. I kept the taste great for the next few minutes.
In the future I will need a more complete and more homogeneous extraction, but for my first two tests I am really very, very happy. I will have to learn to master it but I intend it to be my main vaporizer outside the house and I am sure it will fulfill its role perfectly !!

Easy to assemble, easy to vape. Compatible with capsules, therefore very practical. Despite the size, it will be ultra discreet in my daily life. Unbreakable. can not fail.
Taste good, even very good. Effective. Steam well present. Steam not too hot in the original configuration.

Lots of things to learn and experience, it's going to be fun!
Another big thumbs up !!

For the mod box ..
The paramour should leave the warehouse within a week. So I tested on the side by side Mixx of Aspire. NO TC. 18650 only. By removing the 2 rods and an aesthetic part, it accepts 25mm ato ... (Aspire did not provide the necessary tool to remove these parts ... Vape Engineering did!) I have the version totally black. That's not bad. But in quicksilver or tuxedo it must be really beautiful.

I took several photos to illustrate my point, but there is an Fc update and no attachment.

There you go, good waiting guys, and in the meantime, good vaping!

sashka69

My paramour sbs arrived today. Definitely worth its money and a great addition for herbie 2. It's super small, powerful, looks great (ordered black-silver) and it's Tcr works very well with herbie 2.

For all who might aksed: you can set your own Tcr settings and don't have to use the pre-built in settings for ss, ti, ni.

My resistance shows 0.16 ohm, I use max 60w, Tcr 1020, and my vapor clouds on 180°c are as cloudy as shown in the videos. It's much better than my old p80 mod with arctic fox with the same settings.

And did I tell you already how sexy it looks?

As I've seen that @Vape Engineering showed up I would like to remind them, that they please should read my former post on page 10. I would love to get some feedback from them about the glass balls and the top cap revision.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My paramour sbs arrived today. Definitely worth its money and a great addition for herbie 2. It's super small, powerful, looks great (ordered black-silver) and it's Tcr works very well with herbie 2.

For all who might aksed: you can set your own Tcr settings and don't have to use the pre-built in settings for ss, ti, ni.

My resistance shows 0.16 ohm, I use max 60w, Tcr 1020, and my vapor clouds on 180°c are as cloudy as shown in the videos. It's much better than my old p80 mod with arctic fox with the same settings.

And did I tell you already how sexy it looks?

As I've seen that @Vape Engineering showed up I would like to remind them, that they please should read my former post on page 10. I would love to get some feedback from them about the glass balls and the top cap revision.

I have had no problems with my balls.:brow::brow:

Perhaps a little cut down screen would solve the issue.

Vape Engineering

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey @sashka69

first of all, thanks for your great feedback! we are very happy that you like Herbie ;)
Abotu the glass balls: I think it is always a decision between thermal mass and cooling surface area. This means (for my understanding) if you have small balls ( haha :D ) with a high surface area (but every ball has a low thermal mass) you will cool the vapor drastically. The downside of this is, that these small balls heat up very fast. If you use Herbie like I do (no chain vaping, just 1-2 capsules) the vapor is cooled very good, but then balls absorbed all the heat and are hot.

Bigger balls won't cool the vapor that efficient but with the positive effect that it will take longer until the balls are heated up.
So you can adjust Herbie to your "style" of vaping.

I hope that was explained understandably

Furthermore you are the first one who had the case that all air holes are blocked by glass balls. In fact, that's not good, but you are right. We should think about changing the balls to 3mm. Thanks for this advice!

To get back to your idea with the threaded 14.4. You are right, cleaning is a bit of pain in the a**. Since the top cap is made of stainless steel, you can just throw the whole top cap into iso. This makes it easy.
Anyway, the idea of a threaded 14.4 is great, but we won't change the design of the V2. We read every post carefully (like in the V1 thread) and maybe some day, there will be a V3 where all (or at least the most) feedback is implemented.

sashka69

Thanks for the feedback. If you sell bigger balls I'll buy them for my herbie :brow: I think bigger balls will also take longer to get dirty and sticky (regarding air flow restrictions) so this would help me also.

Too bad that a revision is not intended. But could you then please sell the top caps as spare parts (for a good price) so I can use herbie during cleaning? I had the idea that it needs to be detachable because with top cap included you need also more space when having it with you, more iso, a bigger jar and you clean something which doesn't need it. So useless. Also less stainless steel, so lower price.

Again, too bad. Maybe you could change your mind if you sold more herbies and more customers wants it? I understand that a revision costs money and you need a customer base before doing this.

I vape at least 3 capsules a day, herbies little sticky balls need cleaning (for best airflow) after 6 capsules so every second day I need to do this nasty cleaning action. Or am I doing anything wrong? Are my herbs too sticky?

Besides the cleaning, since I got my paramour I think this v2 is awesome.

RustyOldNail

Thanks for the feedback. If you sell bigger balls I'll buy them for my herbie :brow: I think bigger balls will also take longer to get dirty and sticky (regarding air flow restrictions) so this would help me also.

Too bad that a revision is not intended. But could you then please sell the top caps as spare parts (for a good price) so I can use herbie during cleaning? I had the idea that it needs to be detachable because with top cap included you need also more space when having it with you, more iso, a bigger jar and you clean something which doesn't need it. So useless. Also less stainless steel, so lower price.

Again, too bad. Maybe you could change your mind if you sold more herbies and more customers wants it? I understand that a revision costs money and you need a customer base before doing this.

I vape at least 3 capsules a day, herbies little sticky balls need cleaning (for best airflow) after 6 capsules so every second day I need to do this nasty cleaning action. Or am I doing anything wrong? Are my herbs too sticky?

You can buy 3mm Ruby balls here:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I appreciate this feedback about the clogging balls and mouthpiece maintenance. I'm spoiled by my Tinymight j-hooks and Splinter Z stems and prefer to go much longer than a few days or a few sessions between cleanings

sashka69

Mee too. I clean my tinymight j hook every 14 days. And it's sooo easy and fast to do. The herbie top cap is another level. So much more to do here so it would make sense to collect more of those to clean them all together (to save iso and time) .

sashka69

This could be the trick! Too bad the tinymight j hook I own doesn't fit as I bought the one from the tinymight site.

But it might be cheaper as the ruby balls. Balls cost me 15 bucks plus 17 bucks for shipping to Germany. No way!

sashka69,
Reactions: bossman

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
Based on some of the feedback, it sounds like this vape will be my “as needed away from home portable only”. Will probably be lightly used as I rarely vape away from home (good dog walking vape perhaps with pre-loaded capsules?). Lots of cleaning, and PITA cleaning, is something I try to avoid with my vapes, so hoping for the best. For those that have their Paramours, any size comparisons with a Pico 21700? Had a couple of Paramours in my cart today but could not pull the trigger just yet, need to know if that thing will be just too small for my caveman hands.

CanikUser19,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Well, the top is a 14mm wpa anyway right? So you could just not use any balls and hit it through a jhook as well.
Yeah maybe that gives me a reason to finally get an inception stem; I'm not convinced though. I already have less high-maintenance portables that produce huge clouds and even abv with my OGB hooks.

My Herbie is still en route but I tend to agree with @CanikUser19 that it's gonna get relegated to pocket carry use cases unless we can get even abv in tc and also cut down on cleaning hassle.

I like @sashka69's idea of having four or five mouthpieces like I do with my Z stems. I doubt that's an investment I'd make just to have a single cell mod and rebuildable coil heater that goes a few weeks between cleaning rather than a few days

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This could be the trick! Too bad the tinymight j hook I own doesn't fit as I bought the one from the tinymight site.

But it might be cheaper as the ruby balls. Balls cost me 15 bucks plus 17 bucks for shipping to Germany. No way!

See if you can get Beracky brand on Amazon, they sell rubies and quartz pearls, very reasonably priced, at least in the USA... I have 4 mm and 6 mm from them, I didn't know that the ones coming with Herbie are even smaller than 3 mm! I use the larger ones to making cooling stems and hooks...

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I got my balls on eBay.

If your concerned about dirty balls, buy some spare. You can clean your balls while making a new set dirty.

The top will probably need a little wipe between ball changes. A kitchen towel and some iso will probably do it.

I don't find dirty balls to be a big issue. Next time ill see how long it takes for my balls to get dirty.

Last edited:

Momor

I abandoned the idea of using my Herbie with my paranormal. I tried many settngs but don't come even close to get ok results.The feedback from @sashka69 was what i was waiting for buying the paramour mod.
I founda pretty good deal on this site. I cost me around 45€ shipped. I hope i'll get it soon ! (i'm alos waiting for the coil that was missing in my Herbie).

Top Bottom