• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

HERBIE 510 Stainless Steel Mesh Vaporizer

Vape Engineering

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey folks, this is Til and Nils from Vape Engineering.

Back in 2016 we had the idea to use our engineering knowledge for things that actually matter - vaporizers!

Unfortunately we had no idea, if the product we were thinking about would actually fit in todays market. Therefore we got ourselves each a regular job and worked on our idea during the weekends and in the evening.
The first iteration wasn't a succes. The airguide was way too complicated and the heat didn't reach the substrate well enough. Let's give it another shot...

During the development time we simulated well over 500 different cofigurations and combined them with each other to theoretically reach the maximum performance.

DHV_V5_setup2_Vector-Scene-1-ohne-skala.png

Well we're pretty sure we did it. However our opinion is only one side of the story, so we need your help to gather more feedback before the final product release.

But enough of my words - take a look at HERBIE yourself :-)

Cut_1.11-768x446.jpg

As you can see we sticked to a simple but timeless design of high end atomizers, since we want HERBIE to be very discret.

WhatsApp-Image-2019-07-19-at-09.24.03.jpeg

Every feature HERBIE has to offer was developed with its functionaltiy as its top priority. This is why you can adjust him in every way possible. Want some expamles?

- The airflow is too open draw? Don't worry we got your back - HERBIE's air intake is fully adjustable to your needs. (Prototype parts are in production)
- You don't like mesh? No problem, just add a regular single/double coil and you're good to go.
- You dislike our Drip Tip? You can attach your own personal 810 Drip Tip.
HINT: If you prefer short mouth pieces we developed a false air intake to cool down the "enriched" air from the substrate chamber.

WhatsApp-Image-2019-07-05-at-13.11.00.jpeg

We're planning to hit the market within the next 3 months. Our official launch will be at the Cannafest 2019 in Praque.

If you have any questions or ideas to support us, feel free to post in this thread or send us an email at:
development@vapeengineering.com

DSC01233-1024x683.jpg

Please help us to gain more publicity by following us and sharing our content on social media:

http://vapeengineering.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VapeEngineering-303059303639180
https://www.instagram.com/vapengineering/

Thanks a lot

Til

Vaporware

Looks interesting! Do you have any beta testers who can give us their thoughts on it, or do we have to wait for release to find out more details?

kuzko

I’m interested. Looks like an all-metal Splinter. I wonder how cool the vapor is...

kuzko,

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My thoughts on this.

The vapor path looks pretty small as standard. I did not know what an 810 drip tip was. I dont vape nicotine, but a google search sorted that out. Lots of possibilities, but most very short.

HINT: If you prefer short mouth pieces we developed a false air intake to cool down the "enriched" air from the substrate chamber.

Do you mean a 2nd air intake like a Sai TAF? Could work. I generally think its better to cool the vapor rather than dilute it. I hope u can prove me wrong.

In regards to the mesh. A splinter / iheat has a lot more surface area. I used to think this was necessary for good vapor production. However the stempod / imp uses standard ecig coils which are relatively small. Not really sure what my point is here but i cant see it competing with my Splinter Z.

Howerver a splinter Z is not really pocket sized.

Obsessed 2

Hey folks, this is Til and Nils from Vape Engineering.

Back in 2016 we had the idea to use our engineering knowledge for things that actually matter - vaporizers!

Unfortunately we had no idea, if the product we were thinking about would actually fit in todays market. Therefore we got ourselves each a regular job and worked on our idea during the weekends and in the evening.
The first iteration wasn't a succes. The airguide was way too complicated and the heat didn't reach the substrate well enough. Let's give it another shot...

During the development time we simulated well over 500 different cofigurations and combined them with each other to theoretically reach the maximum performance.

DHV_V5_setup2_Vector-Scene-1-ohne-skala.png

Well we're pretty sure we did it. However our opinion is only one side of the story, so we need your help to gather more feedback before the final product release.

But enough of my words - take a look at HERBIE yourself :-)

Cut_1.11-768x446.jpg

As you can see we sticked to a simple but timeless design of high end atomizers, since we want HERBIE to be very discret.

WhatsApp-Image-2019-07-19-at-09.24.03.jpeg

Every feature HERBIE has to offer was developed with its functionaltiy as its top priority. This is why you can adjust him in every way possible. Want some expamles?

- The airflow is too open draw? Don't worry we got your back - HERBIE's air intake is fully adjustable to your needs. (Prototype parts are in production)
- You don't like mesh? No problem, just add a regular single/double coil and you're good to go.
- You dislike our Drip Tip? You can attach your own personal 810 Drip Tip.

WhatsApp-Image-2019-07-05-at-13.11.00.jpeg

We're planning to hit the market within the next 3 months. Our official launch will be at the Cannafest 2019 in Praque.

If you have any questions or ideas to support us, feel free to post in this thread or send us an email at:
development@vapeengineering.com

DSC01233-1024x683.jpg

Please help us to gain more publicity by following us and sharing our content on social media:

http://vapeengineering.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VapeEngineering-303059303639180
https://www.instagram.com/vapengineering/

Thanks a lot

Til
I'm intrigued. Have you simulated multiple loads and the heat-sink effect the heating chamber has on the cold air intakes? I'm wondering if you end up with super heated air as it's pre-heated thru the intakes leading to an earlier than anticipated extraction and possibly hot & harsh vapor...? I too am curious about any beta testing that may have occurred in the wild.
:tup:

Obsessed 2,

khelek41girl

Accessory Maker
Can you say what the outer diameter of this is? I've got a mod that would look amazing with this but it only supports up to a 24mm atomizer. All in all, it looks really nice!

Hippie

Looks good to me so far

Good luck with the project

Following with interest

Would also like to know the diameter so I know what size heatsink to buy while we wait :)

Hippie,

DirtyD

Would love to hear some beta results from this, looks neat. Cheers, D

DirtyD,
Reactions: JCat

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
My thoughts on this.

The vapor path looks pretty small as standard. I did not know what an 810 drip tip was. I dont vape nicotine, but a google search sorted that out. Lots of possibilities, but most very short.

Do you mean a 2nd air intake like a Sai TAF? Could work. I generally think its better to cool the vapor rather than dilute it. I hope u can prove me wrong.

In regards to the mesh. A splinter / iheat has a lot more surface area. I used to think this was necessary for good vapor production. However the stempod / imp uses standard ecig coils which are relatively small. Not really sure what my point is here but i cant see it competing with my Splinter Z.

Howerver a splinter Z is not really pocket sized.

Dont get me wrong. I am following this thread with interest. However i wont be pre-ordering, ill wait till there in the wild and some reviews are out till i get one.

Edit: compared to the other new mesh vape coming out, the vivant 5-Ten this looks the better option. 5-ten has too much glass and is too big. All speculation at this point.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It's nice to see more of this 510 dry herb atties, nothing really new but we appreciate to get more choice, eager to read the beta testers/reviewers feedbacks!

Did it work in TC mode?

Sativapo

I wonder if the metal won't get too hot as there is wood or silicone sleeves in similar vapes. Also if the small mesh won't be glowing and sending particles.

Vape Engineering

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
First of all: Thanks a lot for the honest interest in our vaporizer.

@VaporWare we're in contact with a few YT reviewers and instagram influencers, but we're always open for offers. I mean engineers are usually not very skilled, when it comes to marketing ;-)

@kuzko we had some issues with the temperature of the vapor, therefore we tested a few longer drip dips with glass and other materials. The results were pretty satisfying, so we continue our work in this direction. I even built a prototype with a glass/water mouthpiece, which made the vapor super cool, but the water drops coming out of it weren't that enjoyable (we keep on testing).

@Shit Snacks well your name stands out for sure ;-) the company is not founded yet, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to share them with us. I "just" need a new domain and we're good to go for a name change. Vape Engineering was kind of an emergency pick, since we needed a homepage and some social media pages.

@oddjobold the thing with the 810 drip tip is, that most vapers enjoy unsing their own/favourite drip tip. 810 is the bigger (diameter) standart mouth pieces in the vaping world. Our plan with the second air intake was to make a huge variety of drip tips work on this vaporizer, so that our customers won't have to use one of these large drip tips. Basically you're right - the upper intake reduces the quality of the vapor, but we want to test it, to make sure we can offer the most flexible solution on the market.

@Obsessed 2 we sticked mostly to stainless steel since it absorbes the heat quite good. A heat sink was never nessessary since HERBIE is cooled. As you can see in the simulation the cold air enters HERBIE in the middle of the outer housing. Afterwards it stream all the way down to the bottom, where it enters the heating chamber. During this time the lower half of HERBIE is getting cooled down a lot. All my mods remained at max warm after intensive usage.
We used the trick of a hybrid heating system, to not only make the convection, but even the conducion heating possible. Until now we only burnt the substrate, when we went too high with the wattage, or the inhaled way too soft. We keep an eye on this, since easy usability has very high priority.

@khelek41girl Unfortunately we won't offer any options with 24mm. This diameter is too rare to make development and production worth it. I even had to discuss with my partner several hours to concinve him to even think about a 25mm version ;-) Maybe the 25mm version might fit with a little conical ring.

@Hippie the diameter will be 28mm for the first models, but a 25mm version is already in development.
A heat sink won't be nessessary, after our intensive testing. We're planning a abusive test to make sure our statement will be correct in "every" case. I can provide pics with an infrared camera if you're interested.

@CABtheFISHKING we realized a few weeks ago, that putting a portable vapo on a bong is actually a thing. Of course we'll figure something out to make this work as well. A small adapter should do the job, I guess.

@oddjobold (second post) It looks cool indeed (viviant), but glass has a few positive aspects and a few negative ones. This is why most 510 vapos MUST have a heat sink the keep the mod in working temperature range and we don't. Durability is another thing with glass. HERBIE will probably survive everything ;-)

@PPN We're still optimizing the prototypes, therefore we gave out only very few to testers. If we "feel" ready, there will be a few reviews out there. Nevertheless we're still looking for testers with a good range in social media.

@Daprezz The outer housing will get warm, but since it's cooled by the air intake.
The "little" mesh has a surface area of ~ .4 square inches or 2,5 cm². I'm still using the first mesh I installed (~ 3 month). There is little to none thermal wear while vaping.

Since pre order was mentioned above - we're thinking about offering such an option.
Crowdfunding was our first pick, but indiegogo adjusted their guidelines, when I contacted them for our campaign. Before it was possible to get vapos funded, but all of a sudden they decided it is no longer acceptable to fund paraphenalia. They didn't even answer to my questions afterwards, so we're pretty happy to be off that platform.
Back to topic: We're still looking for a way to collect a bit of money, before ordering the first batch.

Puh, that was a long post. Hope my answers were satisfying, if not feel free to ask again.

BTW Nils and I are working a regular full time job, so beeing very active in forums might be tricky. Don't be mad with us, if it takes a bit to answer. If u have an urgent need, you can always send us an Email.

Best regards from Bavaria

Til

Doktor Dub

Looks interesting although not really groundbreaking new... but if executed really nice, this could be a winner.

I d like if it was double purpose - herb in the chamber, concentrate directly on the mesh... that would be a nice do-it-all option and interesting as back up or for travelling.

Good luck!

:2c:

Doktor Dub,
Reactions: YaMon

ChooChooCharlie

@Vape Engineering - Great work!

While holding day jobs, too. Requires vision, but focused vision, with cannabis corrective lenses

Countercurrent heat exchange :rockon::nod:

fluid dynamics is often overlooked in favor of heater design. Other vapes use it too: George's OmniVap has micro helix around condenser, and Ghost MV1 with elegant radial channels. My dream would be a "screw in a tube," but the screw has hollow fins where the cold air travels down, hot vapor up through screw pathway. Countercurrent with a twist! Good drink name, while enjoying a screw in a tube. None of this will translate well

Hybrid heating :clap:

be careful, Markus has a patent on hybrid heating. Seriously. A patent on hybrid heating. :shrug: Volcano Hybrid uses it. Ding Dong, the convection witch is dead? :worms:

Herbie :tup:

Cute name. Sounds like an FC member who customizes 510 DNA mod profiles

Any chance of an air diffuser to reduce hot tunneling? Like a thin SiC foam disk before load?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks well your name stands out for sure ;-) the company is not founded yet, so if you have any suggestions, feel free to share them with us. I "just" need a new domain and we're good to go for a name change. Vape Engineering was kind of an emergency pick, since we needed a homepage and some social media pages.

Haha I forgot the irony of me saying that with my username here :lol:

Ah Vape Engineering isn't bad actually, could be VapEngine maybe, but I was actually referring to the Herbie name. Since the Herbalizer was nicknamed that already and there's also an Herborizer among others?

Herbatomizer? Actually if it is going to work with other materials too, why not the Atom?

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom