HERBIE 510 Stainless Steel Mesh Vaporizer

yeswecann

@Vape Engineering Any updates?

My 2 cents: Strong concept. Like the materials. Purchase and test as many other available 510s (Vapwood Timber Elite, Lamart TETRAx, Tubo Dual, Tubo Evic, Prrl Labs Ember, RBT Splinter, Spinter Z, Modpod Labs StemPod OG, StemPod Si, Mistavape Imp, Impcognito, Dreamwood Glow, Musa 510, Vivant 5-Ten) as you can (competitive analysis), don't split your focus on two concepts, i.e., the grinder, incorporate adjustable airflow from fully closed (WPA use case) to fully open (native use case) and pair it with a revolutionary (Graham Condensation column style) glass cooling stem (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cooling-stems-for-splinter-stempod-tubo-lil-bud-mil.34133/page-3).

yeswecann,
Reactions: Megaton

Vape Engineering

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Folks,

here is Nils today. First of all sorry for the late reply. The last 1 ½ months were kinda turbulent.

But now, let’s get back to your questions.

“Do you guys have an estimated release date yet?” We don’t have an exact date but a little batch with 50 units will be available at the end of the year right before Christmas. We will inform you, when our shop is online.

“Purchase and test as many other available 510s” Yes we did some research with others 510s, especially with the RBT Splinter, because the design comes closest to ours.

“don't split your focus on two concepts, i.e., the grinder”. Yes you are absolutely right. We recognized the same and so we made the decision to launch the grinder on the market next year.

“How's development @Vape Engineering ?“ We have tested a lot in the last 1 ½ months regarding the size and number of air intakes. But the good news is that we found the final design. Now we are waiting for the next prototypes, which will come next week hopefully. Furthermore, we were not happy with the fixation of the air control rings. That’s why we implemented a groove with an o-ring for the perfect rotating resistance of the air control rings.

When the prototypes are here, we have to check the functionality and the quality. Then a few “Herbies” will be send to some beta testers.

“pair it with a revolutionary (Graham Condensation column style) glass cooling stem” actual we have a glas drip tip. We are also in contact with a company named “RooR” for a cooperation with “fency” glas mouth pieces. But we think that a glas cooling stem isn’t required when the “false air system” is mounted on “Herbie”

We also designed a new clamp for the mesh, which has a reduced inner diameter. So this part works like a reduction of the volume of the chamber. So we can test with less material.

We decided to offer “Herbie” in a base version (see picture below)

If you want to use the “false air system”, these parts are offered separately (see picture below)

And last but not least, we designed a new top cap which has a 18.8 connector for water pipes. So “Herbie” can be mounted direct to a water pipe.

But the special feature with this pipe top cap is, that the inner diameter is still the diameter for the 810 drip tip. So if you don’t want to unmount the 18.8 top cap, you can mount the 810 drip tip direct on it (see picture below).

What do you guys think about these features?

If you have any question, let us know.

Best regards and vape on,

Nils

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Looks nice and quite "stealthy", like a liquid tank. Adding the drip tip without unscrewing the waterpipe adapter is really a nice feature for lazy potheads I think :D

Alex3oe,

Tranquility

While it seems quite cool, can you...um...elaborate on what is meant by:

"The airflow is not taken from the air."

Are you simply saying you used a computer to calculate the flow pattern you wanted?

Tranquility,

Tranquility

I believe it means the air flows through the assembly, not just fresh cold air straight in.
When I looked at the schematic, I thought much the same thing. But, if so, the term is meaningless as ALL vapes have to have the air flow through an "assembly" in order to heat it. I suspect the phrase might have some translation issue. Some subtle error from what they intended to describe to what actually came across. Since the concept(s) seem pretty cool, I wanted to clarify.

Tranquility,
Reactions: lookhigh

Vaporware

They seem to have been going for something about the airflow design not being “pulled out of thin air”, and that graphic goes on to explain how much work went into getting it right. They just don’t quite have their English idioms down. ;)

Tranquility

They seem to have been going for something about the airflow design not being “pulled out of thin air”, and that graphic goes on to explain how much work went into getting it right. They just don’t quite have their English idioms down. ;)
THAT makes a lot more sense. It fits in better with the ad copy too.

Tranquility,

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Cannafest in Prague is coming near. So we prepared a little brochure. Maybe you folks want to have also a look inside. :)

image host

image host

image host

image host

image host

image host

image host

image host

image host

image host

image host

image host

So far.

Vape on,
Nils
Need more details on mouthpieces and engineering thereof as well as what the options are. How long will the coils last? Do you have any mods and or firmware for said mods you prefer/specify?

YaMon,
Reactions: Summer

Tranquility

@Vape Engineering, Wow! That's some impressive vape design & presentation! :clap: You certainly covered EVERY possible design aspect. :rockon:

Have you figured out pricing yet? And expected release date?

Not intending to be nitpicky, but 2 errors:

https://ibb.co/wMD7SvV
can hardly "BE" distinquished

https://ibb.co/fNztyTv
"when" the stealth mode is activated.
While I agree with the first, the second?

I might go with something like (Although Summer's could be the better guess):
Get yourself the special[ly]-developed stealth bypass air kit. It keeps the vapor cool and the stealth mode activated.

There are obviously some extremely minor translation issues in the copy. But, they do hinder communication so the owners should probably get a review before breaking it out in front of English primary speakers. Might need a marketing guy to focus the message a little too. The claims might sound punchier in German than they do in English--even if there is a good translation. (I always liked 99 LuftBallons a LOT more than the English cover by the same band, 99 Red Balloons, even though I speak little German.)

Tranquility,
Reactions: Summer

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Yep! They simply translated the equivalent German figure of speech into English 1:1, which missfired a bit. 'Plucked/Pulled out of thin air' fits.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@OldNewbie, dang you for getting me hung up on this & wasting time I don't have today. :mad: :lol: The 2nd wording isn't right.

"which keeps the vapor cool and the stealth mode is activated."

Either "which keeps the vapor cool when the stealth mode is activated." Stealth mode being use of the drip tip which doesn't mandate use of the vapor cooler insert.

OR

which keeps both the vapor cool and the vape stealth when used/employed. is & activated don't fit at all.

Personally, I like keeps (both) the vapor cool & stealthiness (or the vape stealh) when used.

Except for maybe a missing comma or 2, I think the pamphlet is extremely well done.

Tranquility

@OldNewbie, dang you for getting me hung up on this & wasting time I don't have today. :mad: :lol: The 2nd wording isn't right.

"which keeps the vapor cool and the stealth mode is activated."

Either "which keeps the vapor cool when the stealth mode is activated." Stealth mode being use of the drip tip which doesn't mandate use of the vapor cooler insert.

OR

which keeps both the vapor cool and the vape stealth when used/employed. is & activated don't fit at all.

Personally, I like keeps (both) the vapor cool & stealthiness (or the vape stealh) when used.

Except for maybe a missing comma or 2, I think the pamphlet is extremely well done.

It is graphically great. The copy is not polished. I would make some other stylistic choices too.

(As to your preferred, how about keeping the vapor cool while remaining stealthy? Parallel construction would want cool and stealthiness to be the same...um...grammer thingy. Right?)

Vape Engineering

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Folks,
If someone of you guys is this weekend in Prague at the Cannafest Expo, take a break at our booth (1C-09). There you can test our Herbies. Or if you don't want to meet our ugly faces :D some Herbies can be tested at the Vapo Lounge :)

See you there
vape on

yeswecann

Jacer

Did anybody here get the chance to try one of these at Cannafest?

Jacer,
Top Bottom