HerbalTherm 3TM Cooling Stem for VapCap

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Good to see the upbeat and positive vibe is still alive here on FC!.... and hope I can bring the same positive energy to the new forum 9n herbaltherm.com

If you read Shitsnacks cut and past.... its a beta unit and access to an exclusive private IG, videos and being part of the product design process to optimize the beta and then recieve the final product with a gift package.... the balls is just a starting point and a helical path glass is the real design. The idea is that a couple of standard sized shell will make way to many cool designs for the internals.

Yes, $350 for 2 units at $150 and a change to do something real rather than just criticize on FC.... so my plan to keep the negative freeloaders away with charging for beta seems to work :)

Special thanks to the 4 folks who already grabbed a seat in the first 24 hours.... only 5 seats left so doesn't appear there will be a problem getting the rest sold .... at $350
This has aged well 😂

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I’m confused. So it’s a Dynavap stem?
Yep:

@Custom Flower Hardware Any way you can test this stem with the Anvil using the USA adapter (if you have one)? I would think it would be compatible? Curious to hear if this is a legit cooling solution for that vape. I sold my Dynavaps off already.

How does this compare to other cooling stems on the market? Is it just filled with glass beads? Seems like it’d be a PITA to clean if that’s the case.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
@Custom Flower Hardware Any way you can test this stem with the Anvil using the USA adapter (if you have one)? I would think it would be compatible? Curious to hear if this is a legit cooling solution for that vape. I sold my Dynavaps off already.

How does this compare to other cooling stems on the market? Is it just filled with glass beads? Seems like it’d be a PITA to clean if that’s the case.
I don't have the USA adapter. The fusion doesn't fit. It works well with dyna, but of course all the balls get sticky. Feels like your holding a stuffy blunt from back in the day!:D

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
How is the vapor? compared to your other stems at least, is it game changing?
The vapor is nice. It's cools it fast because of the volume of balls. It's just that I cracked her open and they are sticky balls so how long can we go between cleaning? Taste is great because of the glass. It's definitely a new twist for sure.:tup:

triskelion

I like the principle behind the 3TM ,make sense to me regarding his take on heat transfer, it is the stem that's get cooled by the fresh air coming from the carb, Thanks for sharing Bud:)

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Since mistvape imp I was using for a little while glass beads to fill solo stem to cool vapor. it is effective but cleaning is very annoying

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
It's cools it fast because of the volume of balls.

Indeed, I copied the basic design laid out in the link below, works great!

unlessFudlic

There are alternative filling options - a contest winner got a dimpled glass insert, as well as an in-progress design for a hunk of metal with a hollow spiral in, both solid single piece inserts.
ETA the 8mm diameter insert hole in the top cap will accommodate the Anvil via USA, and any adapter intended for a dyna size stem. I've requested an alternate 9mm top cap.

popitup

As expected, these hits are cool, almost cold when using it for the first time in the day. It's easy to take a massive hit with this little guy.

It's heavier than I anticipated, feels nice in the hand and pocketable, if you can figure out a case/cover. I'm not sure I want the dynavap tip exposed in my pocket. It kind of looks like a little compressed air tank, sure to get some questions in public.

This is the screen after 2 hits, you can see the resin start to accumulate on the center and sides of the screen. I plan on soaking the balls, screens and main chamber in iso, and have started using a cotton swab between every few hits for upkeep. I don't anticipate the cleaning to be too much of a chore.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Sorry to ask @unlessFudlic , your contribution to FC being 99% on threads of this one “brand”, the one you got to visit the shop and spend hours talking about fine German glass with manufacturer, are you affiliated with old RBT circus in any way? Have you some kind of interest in RBT selling his stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I recently won a 3TM, had no idea what it was, and I don't even have a dynavap.
BUT
I have managed to adapt it very easily (via silicon, i.e. Grasshopper silicone mouthpiece or even a flexicone from a MiniVap) for use with some vapes I do have.
I'm really loving it paired with a Tafee Bowle, for example. Also with a Terp Pen XL, and also the MiniVap.

I was unaware of any drama surrounding the 3TM, or until recently, really any of Ryan's business since the Splinter V2 and the wind-down of RBT. But, discloser, I am on the ride for the 2ZM...

I must say, this 3TM is a terrific cooling stem. I can compare it as at least equal or better than a u-hook I recently got from GVB (dimpled,) with beads. It is much more compact, portable, etc, while less fragile.
This 3TM came with balls inside, plus an alternate glass insert. They seem to work equally well. I have added a SS driptip I had on hand.

Kreator87

Anyone try it with an Anvil USA? I am intrigued, but it is really steep. I wish I bought one when it was on sale for $25.

Kreator87,

popitup

Pretty nice combo with the Tempest, cool hits, back-to-back hits are not a problem (but adjust for time in wand on subsequent hits to avoid combustion). The wider base of the Tempest head also allows for this stem to balance better vertically than with a dynavap head.

popitup

Was able to grab one of the inserts, which I've been hoping to see pop up again since hearing about them. While the ritual for cleaning balls isn't terrible, I'd still rather not deal with 100 sticky balls. Here it is next to the stem.

How deep it sits.

My first impressions after using it with the Tempest. It's effective at cooling, but requires different technique than the balls, you absolutely need more finesse because it will get hotter to your lips easier if you aren't careful. That should be expected.

After 1 full cycle on the wand at 555F, I hold the carb and start pulling slowly, I may flutter the carb to cool slightly, but the goal is to get the hot air over the material. By the second hit, I'm full on ripping it, and hardly using the carb, just quick flutters, this gives it a great cooling effect, but also gives you a massive hit with the Tempest head airflow also set to open. I can get 2-3 more large hits off a full bowl, one heat cycle.

The unrestricted airflow gets that vapor deep into your lungs (you get real high).

popitup

An update on the insert; I let it get about 60 sessions worth of dirty. I could still have sessions with it, but if I pull too hard, now I'm in coughing, so I've decided to clean it. I already know what is involved with the ultrasonic cleaner, which is mostly passive work, so I tried with only hot water and paper towels. It took about 10 minutes said and done to clean it, I should have taken a photo.

My ritual

1. Go to the kitchen sink, get a few paper towels, lay one out for placing parts on, start running hot water
2. Disassemble the vape, wipe down all surface resin with a paper towel, including the 2 screens
3. Run hot water through stem parts for a little bit, then remove from water, and twist paper towels into a "dowel" and keep twisting to push through the stem parts
4. For the insert, I was able to keep it in place in the sink and just run hot water over it for a few minutes, flip it, and repeat
5. Rinse every, let it air dry for a minute, reassemble

Wasn't bad as far as active works goes. Good way to save some isopropyl if I'm not washing more pieces.

Top Bottom