Herb Grinders

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
OK, I cannot pay $400 for a classy grinder. I am almost 77, and my mother left me a gonzo case of arthritis in my hands. Anyone know of a smooth, larger grinder with good grip that won’t break the bank?

Certainly no need to pay anywhere near that much! Biggest recommendation would be the large BCG, but you might prioritize outer grip, so some people like the Phoenician grinders for that reason... Flower Mill is also easier in that it's not like a typical grinder...

narrowsparrow

Certainly no need to pay anywhere near that much! Biggest recommendation would be the large BCG, but you might prioritize outer grip, so some people like the Phoenician grinders for that reason... Flower Mill is also easier in that it's not like a typical grinder...
Hey, Shit Snacks — Thank you so much for the recommendations. I will definitely check these out. My hands also thank you!

sag

OK, I cannot pay $400 for a classy grinder. I am almost 77, and my mother left me a gonzo case of arthritis in my hands. Anyone know of a smooth, larger grinder with good grip that won’t break the bank?
I'm also in that age group and also have arthritic hands. I have tried many grinders and the winner for me would be the large BCG grinder.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Keep a look out for the discounted BCG factory seconds on their website. Most say it's hard to tell any difference other than being limited to available color combos. Good luck!
My BCG is a second, and I absolutely cannot tell why it was a second. I also have some arthritis in my hands and the BCG is easy enough to turn that it's much less of an issue for me than other grinders.

VapeForHealth

Stainless Steel or Aluminum Brilliant Cut Grinder?

Hey all,

Looking for a new grinder to replace my Large Santa Cruz Shredder. The grind quality is top notch, but its just too hard to operate with more than a small amount. I have been researching grinders, and have settled on Brilliant Cut Large, but I do not know if I should choose Stainless Steel or Aluminum, and couldn't find any comparisons of them after doing a cursory search.

So Stainless or Aluminum Brilliant Cut?

Thanks!

Ned Bogan

Hey all,

Looking for a new grinder to replace my Large Santa Cruz Shredder. The grind quality is top notch, but its just too hard to operate with more than a small amount. I have been researching grinders, and have settled on Brilliant Cut Large, but I do not know if I should choose Stainless Steel or Aluminum, and couldn't find any comparisons of them after doing a cursory search.

Thanks!
I also have a large SCS. I've also been unhappy with how little weed it can handle and with how I have to break the buds down into little pieces so my SCS can handle the job. Using my SCS has been like having to "pre-wash" your dishes by hand before you put them in the dishwasher.

When I looked at the BCGs, I wanted to go SS but I had to go with the large aluminum one because I'm tired of grinding only small quantities (that I broke down into small pieces) at a time. I'm hoping for a better experience with the large BCG. So... I vote for the large size instead of making my choice based on the Al vs SS consideration.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Hey all,

Thanks!
My answer is about the same as Les...

Large BCG, medium plate.
The 'seconds' ain't too shabby, save some $ if one of the color choices appeals to you, or order your own colors, like we used to be able to do with cars!

Finessseee

should I go with a fine or coarse factory second BCG? There’s no medium options available and I’ll be using this in a log vape.

Last edited:
Finessseee,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

should I go with a fine or coarse factory second BCG? There’s no medium options available and I’ll be using this in a log vape.

I started with the fine, and that is still my most used, coarse can be particular though fun, you can use it upside down but note that the teeth are different so the grind will be different... Fine can be versatile too depending how you use it, also even finer upside down, for logs that's what I would prefer but it depends what you like really?

VapeForHealth

Thanks for all the replies regarding the BCG!

I have decided to go with the large aluminum model. I see a few members here recommending coarse plates for convection vapes. My primary vape is convection (TinyMight 2.) Does anyone here have any experience with a BCG coarse vs medium grind in a TinyMight 2?

Thanks!

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker

I have decided to go with the large aluminum model. I see a few members here recommending coarse plates for convection vapes. My primary vape is convection (TinyMight 2.) Does anyone here have any experience with a BCG coarse vs medium grind in a TinyMight 2?

Thanks!
I've used both medium and coarse BCG plates with my TM2 and both work well. I've personally settled in on the coarse plate, but my reasoning has as much to do with the ease of grinding fresh herb as it does vape quality.

Shit Snacks

Thanks!

Yeah I would go with the medium personally, TM can be fun to do with more coarse, but I think it's possible to get a pretty coarse grind with the medium, and you can get a finer grind upside down too... Depends what you want though because the teeth are different in the coarse plate and changes things a bit

warren0728

Yeah I would go with the medium personally, TM can be fun to do with more coarse, but I think it's possible to get a pretty coarse grind with the medium, and you can get a finer grind upside down too... Depends what you want though because the teeth are different in the coarse plate and changes things a bit
yeah if you are getting one plate the medium is the way to go …

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
He said he only has fine or coarse available in seconds.

If those were my choices I would go with coarse as you can always make it less so. But once you have ground fine you are stuck with it.

Shit Snacks

That is true it is worth mentioning if you get in touch with them they will hook you up with a regular plate for your second if that is the size you really need and pay the difference

Top Bottom