Herb Grinders

Pinte

I brought this up in another thread, but it wasn't really relevant there.

I'm looking for a grinder that is as close to finger picking. Ideally something that can take a small popcorn nug and pull it apart into 5 or so smaller pieces. I am finding I really enjoy my vapes more when I finger grind where most of the bud is still stuck together, but pulled enough apart to be very fragrant.

Someone mentioned the Flowermill, but it still looks too fine on the videos. Of course, no one seems to show what their coursest plate can do. I am looking for incredibly course grind. The best I've done is half a turn in a normal 2 piece grinder I have, and that is a huge pita. Half turn in my BCG wont get anything through the plate.. I did order the course plate for BCG, but I am curious if there is anything that was specifically built to grind as course humanly possible - to replicate finger grinds.

Does anything exist yet? I'm wondering if something exists in the food industry along that route.

Radwin Bodnic

I'm looking for a grinder that is as close to finger picking. Ideally something that can take a small popcorn nug and pull it apart into 5 or so smaller pieces. I am finding I really enjoy my vapes more when I finger grind where most of the bud is still stuck together, but pulled enough apart to be very fragrant.

Someone mentioned the Flowermill, but it still looks too fine on the videos. Of course, no one seems to show what their coursest plate can do. I am looking for incredibly course grind. The best I've done is half a turn in a normal 2 piece grinder I have, and that is a huge pita. Half turn in my BCG wont get anything through the plate.. I did order the course plate for BCG, but I am curious if there is anything that was specifically built to grind as course humanly possible - to replicate finger grinds.

Does anything exist yet? I'm wondering if something exists in the food industry along that route.
I am mostly using the Krush Kube 2.0.
It is a 2 pieces grinder so not everyone's cup of tea but it has its advantages.

The more you grind the finest it gets. With only one turn I get super course grind almost like if the nug has just been "opened" by tiny hand.
It is super easy to clear thanks to the design of the teeth. A vapman brush fits perfectly between two rows of teeths. Easy to unload in the tray outside the bottom part, that also allows to easily fill bowls thanks to a funnel shaped corner.

The uneven disposition of the teeth allow some room to put fairly big nuggets without pressing them down when closing the grinder.

This one can achieve a quite fine grind as well. You just have to keep grinding. (Clockwise only seem working better for a finer grind.)

The grind is always really fluffy. When I try to pack a bowl it bounces back quite strong without much tamping at all. It is great with my herbo Ti : super even extraction and good airflow.

What I like with this one is the overall design, strong magnet, low tolerances machining and nice weight. The build quality is definitely better than the price would suggest. They also make a 3 pieces threadless but grind is finer than what you can achieve with just one turn on the 2 pieces. Both are widely available.

krush-krush-kube-grinder-20.jpg

Krush_Kube_2.0_Black_Noir_1.jpg
pdtimg_4652690hd.jpg

Edit to fix pictures and to add that I can PM you pictures of coarser grind consistency if you want.

Last edited:

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker

How about small, sharp scissors and a shot glass for a course "grind"?
4g4.jpg

Last edited:

Finessseee

Raw Gripper Grinder 2.5”

This is the best hemp 2 piece you could buy. It’s roughly $10-$15 on Amazon or local smoke shop.

I’ve used all of the hemp grinders (even the SCS hemp grinder) and this one is the best of the best. No coloring or bleached parts. 100% hemp, easy to turn with the grips as well.

Eventually I’ll upgrade to stainless steel, but for now I absolutely cannot complain.

Finessseee,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Are you sure you were looking at the extra coarse plate grind for the FM?? It is pretty chunky like a finger grind, not fine at all... Also BCG had a special extra chunky coarse plate secretly available, I was able to get one, not sure they have any more left, I might be willing to part with it... but perhaps you should check out the lyft innovations grinder

Pinte

Are you sure you were looking at the extra coarse plate grind for the FM?? It is pretty chunky like a finger grind, not fine at all... Also BCG had a special extra chunky coarse plate secretly available, I was able to get one, not sure they have any more left, I might be willing to part with it... but perhaps you should check out the lyft innovations grinder
I haven't been able to see any examples of the extra coarse plate for the FM. I looked at maybe 5 videos with no luck. It also seemed like you can't just order the FM with that plate, you need to buy the special edition, and then the plate pack which is... incredibly expensive.

I saw the lyft as well, but again, no real examples in the videos. People show it off, but don't grind. Kind of blows my mind, honestly.

I am intrigued about the BCG super coarse plate. I have sent them an email asking if they have any available. Barring that, if you would be willing to part with it, send me a DM. I'm in the USA. I do like my BCG and having a proper plate would be nice!

Also, the small shot glass with scissors might actually be an option, but it seems weird no one has a specific grinder that tries to replicate a finger grind to be honest. (The flavor really is much better imo, and its great for combustion bowls also)

I will also look at the other 2 pc grinders, but those tend to be super hard to use when you're doing small bowls for vapes since you're typically dealing with half a gram at a time. Thank you!!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I haven't been able to see any examples of the extra coarse plate for the FM. I looked at maybe 5 videos with no luck. It also seemed like you can't just order the FM with that plate, you need to buy the special edition, and then the plate pack which is... incredibly expensive.

Oh, check the FC thread, I hope my photos are still there, I did talk about the grind at least too... But yes having to get the full pack could be expensive, but as a chance I might be willing to partner with mine as well I don't know yet though

I saw the lyft as well, but again, no real examples in the videos. People show it off, but don't grind. Kind of blows my mind, honestly.

Same deal I would suggest checking the thread here if you haven't yet, there's got to be better reviews somewhere, that's why I mentioned it I definitely heard about it more here I think, but it is very expensive too...

I am intrigued about the BCG super coarse plate. I have sent them an email asking if they have any available. Barring that, if you would be willing to part with it, send me a DM. I'm in the USA. I do like my BCG and having a proper plate would be nice!

Yeah let me know if they don't come through for you, it is my least used plate so it should get more use from someone else probably (although I also have a blood ruby top and bottom to go with it though it is silver)

Also, the small shot glass with scissors might actually be an option, but it seems weird no one has a specific grinder that tries to replicate a finger grind to be honest. (The flavor really is much better imo, and its great for combustion bowls also)

I will also look at the other 2 pc grinders, but those tend to be super hard to use when you're doing small bowls for vapes since you're typically dealing with half a gram at a time. Thank you!!

Yeah maybe more research will reveal something because I feel like there are people who have these same goals and may have developed a better product??

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Also, the small shot glass with scissors might actually be an option,
Years ago I used a small pair of Fiskars for some dank Thai bud I was getting for a long time. That was for prepping to roll single joints; now I consume far more herb so I grind a lot at a time (BCG large).

But the Fiskars worked great, I just held the bud in my hand and trimmed it off onto a rolling tray.

A friend called it a "Kentucky Cut".

Last edited:

GoldenBud

why not BCG with coarse plate? people often said it's great for convection devices, more flavour
I had seen people doing there in the past and always thought it feels super un-premium because the scissors can touch the glass and it just feels super un-premium experience....

GoldenBud,
Reactions: LesPlenty

shroomi

Please don't buy a Flower Mill without reading the last several pages of the dedicated thread; mine worked ok-ish but I couldn't get past the automated aluminum dust injector.

I wasn't the only one, not even close.
Count me in the unsatisfied group. You can literally feel the grinder inner sides scratching one against the other while grinding, and a drop of iso and a paper towel reveal black dust everywhere. It's a pity, cause it's a nice looking piece and grinds pretty well... If you're not concerned about health issues.

Rodney

This might just be me but I do not like using plastic grinders like the one you get with the volcano as after a bit of use the plastic teeth wear away and snap off and if you not careful and look you can get plastic bits in your mix.

Was 20 years ago I last used a plastic grinder so might well have been just that grinder and the ones you get now are fine but for me I will still never use a plastic grinder because of what I experienced.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
I currently have a green monkey grinder. Still has threads but it takes about a turn and a half to get into place. Only have run a gram through it but so far it's been pretty solid.

That said, I'm planning on saving up for a large aluminum BCG once I've gotten my couch log.

My vape lineup will consist on said log as well as my trusty dynavap...so should I be looking at the medium plate?

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Anyone know anything about these?
I made a feeble search attempt and only found a few mentions... pretty cheap and I think the code may work on toothed ones as well (confusing info in the links above):

(No, I'm not buying one :rolleyes:, I love my LIFT Innovations, and have since day one back in '17...🥰)

Finessseee

What’s everyone’s thoughts on removing the keif screen in 4 piece grinder to make it a 3 piece? I’m considering buying a cheaper SS 4 piece grinder and converting it into a 3 piece by removing the keif catcher.. but how functional will this be? It seems like a native 3 piece will work better overall.. but they don’t make many 3 piece SS grinders that are under $80 so it’s a tough call…

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
What’s everyone’s thoughts on removing the keif screen in 4 piece grinder to make it a 3 piece? I’m considering buying a cheaper SS 4 piece grinder and converting it into a 3 piece by removing the keif catcher.. but how functional will this be? It seems like a native 3 piece will work better overall.. but they don’t make many 3 piece SS grinders that are under $80 so it’s a tough call…
All of the 4 piece grinders I have used work exactly the same without the kief screen section. Although I suppose it depends on what grinder you are buying. You could also ask the manufacturer if you can't tell from the pictures.

Finessseee

Anyone know anything about this one...? Too busy to search back:
Evolf = 303 SS

I’d double check what they’re using from a material standpoint. If it’s 303 SS, I wouldn’t go for it. 304 SS Grinders are the move in the current market. (From a safety perspective)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Evolf = 303 SS

I’d double check what they’re using from a material standpoint. If it’s 303 SS, I wouldn’t go for it. 304 SS Grinders are the move in the current market. (From a safety perspective)
Well, there you go "you get what you pay for"...:brow: as stated, no time for research, only a quick search....:peace:

Finessseee

Well, there you go "you get what you pay for"...:brow: as stated, no time for research, only a quick search....:peace:
I’m leaning towards ZAM and Odin SS Grinders. Either the 2 Piece ZAM or 4 piece ZAM / Odin and then convert into a 3 piece 🤔.

ZAM 2 Piece is $50 after 20% off promo code, ZAM / Odin 4 Pieces are roughly $65 after 20% off promo codes.

VAS? More like GAS…

Top Bottom