Herb Grinders

ssntl

Yeah, that shipping is a little nuts. Too bad if they don't have a distributor in the EU. :( I haven't seen it but if the OMD is available reasonably it seems to be second choice of most at this point. I took a look at their site and I like the "grippiness" of their design, tho I didn't see a stainless one there, so if stainless is important I think you might be stuck paying the money or compromising...
I'm new and don't know much but have been doing tons of research into SS grinders in Europe recently. Have you seen the Black Leaf SS versions. They are a great price since SS isn't too hyped yet in Europe and they make tons of grinders (cheap at scale). Be sure to check out the different teeth design. Here are all of them on their official website. Check other sites like verdampftnochmal for better prices. They are not well known here but most of my friends in germany have a aluminum Black Leaf grinder as a "good grinder" so they are a decent brand. I guess OMD, Herb Ripper and others are better but they also cost wayyyy more. I like the 59mm 2 piece steely dan which can be found for under 50€ shipped.

Madtater

Didnt feel comfortable clicking on a link from a person on their first post, but the above is the one they’re talking about if anyone wants a peak.

ssntl

Didnt feel comfortable clicking on a link from a person on their first post, but the above is the one they’re talking about if anyone wants a peak.
My bad. Did I unknowingly break a rule by posting a link? You could have inspected the element and seen that it just leads to blackleaf.de but thanks for the better link! BTW the "TÜV Süd" certificate they have is better than any "medical grade" marketing stuff because the german TÜV doesn't mess around when it comes to testing food save things. So the motivation to buy a SS grinder is health concerns then this is probably the absolute best Option available for peace of mind. :)

Madtater

My bad. Did I unknowingly break a rule by posting a link? You could have inspected the element and seen that it just leads to blackleaf.de but thanks for the better link! BTW the "TÜV Süd" certificate they have is better than any "medical grade" marketing stuff because the german TÜV doesn't mess around when it comes to testing food save things. So the motivation to buy a SS grinder is health concerns then this is probably the absolute best Option available for peace of mind. :)

I believe links are fine, except affiliate links. However this forum does sometimes get spam and other nefarious actors, especially from brand new accounts. So, you are good!
As @Grass Yes said, some people (including me) are wary of first time posters posting links in their comments. That is behavior that scammers/spammers do sometimes. You did not break any rule that i am aware of. My comment was not personal towards you, but in the interest of grinders, i just searched for the grinder you described and posted the link for everyone else that may be interested, that is all.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
SS grinder is health concerns then this is probably the absolute best Option available for peace of mind.
Titanium (grade 5 below) would be better than S/S and I prefer 316S/S to medical grade 304S/S that most S/S grinders are made from:2c:

ssntl

Titanium (grade 5 below) would be better than S/S and I prefer 316S/S to medical grade 304S/S that most S/S grinders are made from:2c:
On paper that is correct. German TÜV is comparable to the American FDA though and it was specifically tested for food safety and heavy metal ectraction (certificate can be found on website) so this should be the only grinder that has been verified by independent professionals. I'd love an Oldmate an am sure they are top notch quality but it's still some dude in australia making them himself. I'm sure the BCG, Herb Mill, OM and some others are nicer to use and probably produce slightly better grind consistency but especially for somebody in europe who doesn't want to spend north of $100 and wants a safe product this is the one. Importing to the US probably not worth it since you have so many other cool options out there.

ssntl,
Reactions: dimmusp

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I'm sure the BCG, Herb Mill, OM and some others are nicer to use and probably produce slightly better grind consistency
Unless you have owned them...as some motorcycle-riding dude in Australia would say, never ASSUME. My OMD ground material is as good as (BCG) or better than (the rest) of any ground material from any grinder I have used/owned. The ease of grinding can only be beaten by something electric and if you get a big enough socket, you could use the OMD with an impact gun, that said if I was getting a Ti grinder I would want grade 5 over grade 2 as Ben uses as it is even stronger and should stay sharper for about 9 lifetimes...at least:2c:

R1ng0

It is actually called Old Mate Designs, OMD, for the company and "Aroma-3" for the actual grinder btw I just call it OMD grinder personally lol easy mistake I think at least

Also the latest designs have improved the top opening in a few ways and perhaps further finalized if you check in thread for anyone else who sees this... I am really loving mine as well and have been using my BCGs (I have too many now lol) much less
Mine is finally in the UK I got the blue stone magnet lid I'll let you all know once I try it but I'm expecting good results. Also got a 2nd Ali BCG in the sale damaged but I can't see where weed melts in that, nice piece of Kit and I got a stainless BCG on back order let you know when that arrives to, my 2nd has the rounded bottom and it's red gold and green.

Actually I have another stainless steel grinder that's outrageous weight and teeth reminds me more of a power tool attachment lol I'll have to look it's name up it's a total beast but way too heavy. And I just don't use it cos it crushes as much as grinds and it's teeth are so sharp easily make the back of your hand look like a pin cushion if you tapped it on the back of your hand...boomers grinder like I said it's a serious bit of kit

Has anyone heard of these https://odingrinders.com/en-gb. I like the look of them, be interested to see what you all think.

Lighthanded

I never knew CH made a 3pc. Not sure if its been brought up yet. I dont understand the cost though and the design is really nothing new.

R1ng0

I'm new and don't know much but have been doing tons of research into SS grinders in Europe recently. Have you seen the Black Leaf SS versions. They are a great price since SS isn't too hyped yet in Europe and they make tons of grinders (cheap at scale). Be sure to check out the different teeth design. Here are all of them on their official website. Check other sites like verdampftnochmal for better prices. They are not well known here but most of my friends in germany have a aluminum Black Leaf grinder as a "good grinder" so they are a decent brand. I guess OMD, Herb Ripper and others are better but they also cost wayyyy more. I like the 59mm 2 piece steely dan which can be found for under 50€ shipped.
Go for the Om 3 mine arrived quicker them my SS BCG also on order but it's a serious piece of kit grinds purrfect you can get the link to one on this site 6 weeks wait as they build to order, but it arrived on 3 weeks and 24.99 postage Australian under 2kg weight post.
I'm really happy with it it's better then my new Ali BCG cos it can handle more. I also have the black leaf stainless Its ok but quite soft, so if you are the type to bang two pieces together to get all the goodness out you will soon see signs of wear get the OM you won't regret it.

Madtater

$200+ for a 3” CH aluminum grinder?

Seems a bit expensive when there are other more proven SS grinders out there. Heck, for $200 more you can get the OM titanium.

Personally, i had a hard enough time trying to justify $125 for the FM, but thought it would be the last grinder i would ever need…..and am now considering grabbing an SS OM. I can’t see me ever justifying $200+ for an aluminum grinder. Just my ¢.02

Last edited:

L8blmr

Anyone still rocking a scs medium 4 piece? Just curious how well its held up and how gunky it gets as i can get one half price atm to replace the freebie hemp version thats transforming as i cant afford to sell parts to afford some of the insane shipping costs for some of the latest and greatests but also wanting an omd but wanting it in a 4 piece so i guess I'll have to wait until he is able to start making them again and if a 4 piece gets created.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Anyone still rocking a scs medium 4 piece? Just curious how well its held up and how gunky it gets as i can get one half price atm to replace the freebie hemp version thats transforming as i cant afford to sell parts to afford some of the insane shipping costs for some of the latest and greatests but also wanting an omd but wanting it in a 4 piece so i guess I'll have to wait until he is able to start making them again and if a 4 piece gets created.
I have one, it is a good grinder. I do have a couple of more expensive grinders (for my older hands, and for the quantity I do, I like larger diameter). But the SCS gets the job done nicely and will last a long time.
I think gunk will be a factor more specific to the strain you put in, its' moisture content and dank-ness, and how much run through the grinder.
My SCS is a 3 piece, as are both of the bigger ones I use. Fines and kief just stay with the bud.
And kief can be had for like $25 a gram these days, if one wants it.

R1ng0

Just to say i have been using my Aroma 3 now since early may and I've put quite a bit through it, its a beast copes with anything and so if your out there Old Mate Aroma 3 designer total kudos for the classy monster that you created. Its now my go to and i have plenty but none so fast and consistent.
One other thing the so called SS Flower Mill is now gathering dust dangerous ali design where the steel plates sheer off the ali and that plastic gear so called fix too little too late that Grinder needs to be taken off the market and everyone that bought it issued a refund, and i hear they knew about the design faults and still went ahead with cheap manufacture in China!! So Long Flower Mill if there was any way i could force you to issue a refund i would ....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Top Bottom