Herb Grinders

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just had a friend visit that I gave a SL/x V2.5 to a while ago and showed him the new Oldmate YT video and he said straight away...get me one as the SL/x sucks (even though I gave it to him for free) as it jams up quite often. He said he would rather just bite the bullet and get the OM and not have to worry about grinders again. I got him an orange skateboard bearing to match his Mighty (the only vape I have ever sold and it was to him, converted combuster so Mighty is good for some).

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just had a friend visit that I gave a SL/x V2.5 to a while ago and showed him the new Oldmate YT video and he said straight away...get me one as the SL/x sucks (even though I gave it to him for free) as it jams up quite often. He said he would rather just bite the bullet and get the OM and not have to worry about grinders again. I got him an orange skateboard bearing to match his Mighty (the only vape I have ever sold and it was to him, converted combuster so Mighty is good for some).

Ah hmmm maybe I should try to convince my roommate to jump in as well... Hard to get someone else to justify even $50 on a grinder let alone 100 or more but he has same issue with SLX, should let him try BCG

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The S/S OldMate 3 piece is about the same price as a large aluminium BCG and much cheaper than their S/S versions. Still a lot of money for a grinder but the quality will last longer than the wallet hurt.
The OM is going to have to be good to knock my LBCG from 1st place for grinding, hopefully, we will get our hands on them soon and fall in love with them as much as @felvapes has.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The S/S OldMate 3 piece is about the same price as a large aluminium BCG and much cheaper than their S/S versions. Still a lot of money for a grinder but the quality will last longer than the wallet hurt.
The OM is going to have to be good to knock my LBCG from 1st place for grinding, hopefully, we will get our hands on them soon and fall in love with them as much as @felvapes has.

Yeah, but I'm talking about people who use $20 Amazon grinders for many years, I don't think they can comprehend the benefits and cost of steel lol high quality aluminum BCG in the large size might be a better sell in this case... I just fear that the SLX was hardly an upgrade from the sharpstone for them is all

felvapes

The large aluminium bcg is $140 AUD + $35 AUD shipping (cheapest international) (free local shipping)

The OMD Aroma-3 is SS and $135AUD + $20 AUD ($14USD) international shipping (free local shipping)

Both good options and major upgrades to most grinders especially an el cheapo

The win leans to the OMD for me after using for a month or two (I owned my bcg for 2-3 years? - I got mine about 6-12 months before @LesPlenty got his)

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
My favorite grinder currently is the ZAM 2.5" stainless steel 2-pc. I always wanted a SS grinder, but I couldn't get past the price. I got the ZAM on sale for about $52. I can't see ever needing another.

howie105

After waffling for far too long, I went with the three-inch Arm Band from Cannabis Hardware. Lots of leverage, grip and no finish to wear or chip off. Grind wise it's listed as producing a fine grind, but like many grinders the less you twist it, the coarser the results. There is, however, a downside as I was warned opening it quickly will cause some of your bud to fly out of the grinder, so one has to go slow when opening it.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The bottom video 3g just looks painful
A large impact socket might fit that lid, leave the centerpiece in the vice, and pop the base off when needed, just kidding, I would not recommend that to anyone except @felvapes with his prototype spare!
I find any grinder is pretty hard to spin with 3g of decent sticky bud, this looks like 2g per shred would seem about right for ease of starting.
I just ordered another 3-piece for my friend with an orange bearing to match his Mighty, as soon as I showed him the above videos and said I have one on order he said "Get me one" without even asking how much as the other brand name grinder I gave him jams up too quickly and was causing him wrist problems.

felvapes

A large impact socket might fit that lid, leave the centerpiece in the vice, and pop the base off when needed, just kidding, I would not recommend that to anyone except @felvapes with his prototype spare!
I find any grinder is pretty hard to spin with 3g of decent sticky bud, this looks like 2g per shred would seem about right for ease of starting.
I just ordered another 3-piece for my friend with an orange bearing to match his Mighty, as soon as I showed him the above videos and said I have one on order he said "Get me one" without even asking how much as the other brand name grinder I gave him jams up too quickly and was causing him wrist problems.
Big arse socket and my impact wrench you reckon mate :tup::D

This thing chews bud pretty quickly and easily
It's impressive even when overloaded (which is the only reason I did that video) and didn't gum up or mash the weed
The other videos show its ease of use/speed pretty well with other loads

Last edited:

Madtater

I tried to do 2g in my SCS once…….once.

Took me 20 minutes to clean and my hand was cramped after. Havent tried it with my FM….yet.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
LesPlenty,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Planck

believes in Dog
Which would you currently prefer?
I'm guessing this one

DaVapeGuy

I'm guessing this one
How would he prefer that when it's not even released yet?

Top Bottom