• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha, yeah, and don't forget @Krokowa, statements like "the brilliant cut grinder is the best blah blah blah" is PURELY 100% SUBJECTIVE. For instance, some users may not appreciate anodized KNOWN wear points smashing and gnashing their expensive bud, or any aluminum "business" parts at all in their grinder, or say, a big post in the grind catch area.... and I won't even address Asian made knockoffs... :razz:

Excellent point, I'll also add that BCG is supposedly working on an all-steel version and FM also has steel options! Something for everyone, other options too of course ;)

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Really tempted to go for that SCS hemp one that was described here earlier, just wondering if that one is kinda smell proof or not :/
I have a 3pc SCS hemp grinder and they are not smell proof at all. The top is loose fitting and doesn't have a magnet to keep it closed, so you may not want to be storing ground herb in there anyway. Grind consistency is nice though.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Two piece grinders have been the go to for many vaporists including myself. I had a 4 piece chromium crusher but my preference is the two piece. The space case is another excellent grinder.
I remember before i bought my first vaporizer I watched a video on "google video" - before youtube, it was "tokin daily" (Paul) who used to distribute Silver Surfers. Very informative detailed instructions on how to use the Silver Surfer. One thing I remember is that he preferred small snippy type scissors to any grinder. He'd snip at it between hits for that flavor burst.

The thing to do with any metal grinder is to give it an ISO bath before first use.

Krokowa

Two piece grinders have been the go to for many vaporists including myself. I had a 4 piece chromium crusher but my preference is the two piece. The space case is another excellent grinder.
I remember before i bought my first vaporizer I watched a video on "google video" - before youtube, it was "tokin daily" (Paul) who used to distribute Silver Surfers. Very informative detailed instructions on how to use the Silver Surfer. One thing I remember is that he preferred small snippy type scissors to any grinder. He'd snip at it between hits for that flavor burst.

The thing to do with any metal grinder is to give it an ISO bath before first use.
And why exactly do you prefer two piece over like a 3 piece?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
And why exactly do you prefer two piece over like a 3 piece?
If I'm correct the 3 piece doesn't separate kief, it simply drops the ground bud into the bottom chamber; personally I don't see any advantage that this provides. With the two piece it's just more simple and direct and no kief separation either. I'm not sold on the concept of kief separation.

Krokowa

If I'm correct the 3 piece doesn't separate kief, it simply drops the ground bud into the bottom chamber; personally I don't see any advantage that this provides. With the two piece it's just more simple and direct and no kief separation either. I'm not sold on the concept of kief separation.
But i thought with the ground bud dropping that its easier to just pack the arizer solo 2 stems by pressing it into the ground herb?

EDIT: because right now it really is annoying to get the herb into the stem, i usually like fold a postit into a funnel to get it in

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
But i thought with the ground bud dropping that its easier to just pack the arizer solo 2 stems by pressing it into the ground herb?

EDIT: because right now it really is annoying to get the herb into the stem, i usually like fold a postit into a funnel to get it in
Dear Krokawa, here is an easier way of loading the stem. Just put the stem over the ground weed and inhale like a straw, that should get it in there and then just tamp down. Make sure there is a glass screen in the stem or use a bit of metal screen. Hope this helps.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Well, one thing would be not having to knock your grind out on to a tray or piece of paper etc... and you can fill your device straight out of the catch... which is nice if you're somewhat mobile with your gear... no need for another container. I also almost always grind small amounts on-demand, cuz as I said earlier I was very accustomed to using scissors for many years and did the same. I much prefer the taste of fresh ground bud and constantly make "game day decisions" about which variety to go with...

As for kief collection, I use one, cuz also I like I've said before in this thread, to me, it's like tossing pennies in a jar and not something I notice missing until I'm in a time of need, or maybe some sautéed resin glands on toast are in order for breakfast... the bud these days is so crazy kiefy, I don't notice the few "missing" trichs in the grind... if I'm not where want I want be, I take another hit, as I always have...

Edit: and as for the "suck n fill" method for Dyna or other stem-type devices (I don't own any others), I prefer the "stuff n twist", kinda like an old bat and Dugout (read: "old dawg and new tricks"). This way I get to collect all that "missing" kief in my grinder first, instead of having them coat my human air path... :razz: ;):tup: :peace:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Dude loading is not a problem if you grab one of these!
He has a wide variety of larger nicer scoops as well, but I beta tested the above and it is phenomenal!

Delta3D Studios also make some amazing scoopers and other accessories...

But yes a two-piece grinder is annoying to me because then you're dumping all the weed on the table or whatever lol I only do that with the last bits, poking out the grinder after each use, and then I brush those into the collection chamber with the rest :tup:

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I'm just crude about all this. I grind and empty into a small cappuccino dish and then smash each end of the grinder against the coffee table and scoop up whatever falls out onto the dish with a card. (it's not too loud with the hemp grinder) I don't really get much bud stuck that needs poking out. The only less than thrilling aspect is that it seems to require cleaning more often than the metal ones - but I'm not totally sure about this yet. But it cleans fast and easy in an ISO shake in a zip lock bag. Less than 91 percent ISO is fine for cleaning this grinder, it's not required.

Krokowa

Dude loading is not a problem if you grab one of these!
He has a wide variety of larger nicer scoops as well, but I beta tested the above and it is phenomenal!

Delta3D Studios also make some amazing scoopers and other accessories...

But yes a two-piece grinder is annoying to me because then you're dumping all the weed on the table or whatever lol I only do that with the last bits, poking out the grinder after each use, and then I brush those into the collection chamber with the rest :tup:
Thanks for the suggestion man, just tried buying it but its like 16 dollars shipping to the EU. Are there any european resellers or like similar products but with cheaper shipping haha?

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the suggestion man, just tried buying it but its like 16 dollars shipping to the EU. Are there any european resellers or like similar products but with cheaper shipping haha?

Oh sorry yeah it sucks when your international, this is his original design and it is new so I think you don't really have another option that's this good, I would suggest buying a lot of them at least?? And getting other tools while you're at it... I don't know, I feel like everything EU is so much more expensive, this happens all the time on this site lol honestly under $20 shipping is not bad when it's international even though it's tiny items... Do what you gotta do!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
its like 16 dollars shipping to the EU
Makes @lauri melissa method sound even better! I do the same plus the @Bologna method of twisting in the catchment area of the grinder depending on the vape or experience I am chasing...scoops or spoons are just more small items to misplace.
3 piece grinders are the go for me too after much testing (I removed the kief catchers from my grinders as I now have rosin as a concentrate, kief catchers are OK if you have no access to concentrates):tup:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
For those interested...
1A6E5874-EBB8-4C43-8DEC-8DA9EE95CB6F.jpeg
Makes it $21.60... ✌️ :peace:

Last edited:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Update on the Space Case:

I am enjoying using it, it gets the herb nice and fluffy, I have to load it up a few times to grind up a nug pushing it in bits between the teeth, and it's not too much trouble to brush it out every so often.

(read: I am ignoring all the problems solved by the BCG and FM and telling myself I must not spend the money on either right now :lmao: )

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Update on the Space Case:

I am enjoying using it, it gets the herb nice and fluffy, I have to load it up a few times to grind up a nug pushing it in bits between the teeth, and it's not too much trouble to brush it out every so often.

(read: I am ignoring all the problems solved by the BCG and FM and telling myself I must not spend the money on either right now :lmao: )
You are not missing much as the SpaceCase is not far behind the BCG with maintenance and I actually prefer my SpaceCase (88mm,3.5") due to its size and no center post but am still using my large BCG cause it cost sooo much.:2c:

oldfool

Does anyone knows if a full ceramic, or full glass, 2 pieces fine grinder exist ?
Sounds fragile.

How about ceramic coating? XL SLX
  • The proprietary ceramic coating on all surfaces inside and out means no more sticking, no more grinding to a halt
  • 100% non-toxic, FDA-approved ceramic coating - ZERO Teflon® or PTFE
I just took a close look at mine and can't find any wear. Ceramic coating seems to be holding up.

I just realized the xl SLS is 88mm/3.5" dia. That's huge.

SLXBFGGREENSHADOW_1024x1024@2x.png

Last edited:

Shadooz

Here's one for the caveman, colonist or pioneer in all of us... 2+ lbs!:

skeppshult-cast-iron-spice-kryddkvarn-crush-grinder-skeppshult-standard-13823505530937_2048x.png

skeppshult-cast-iron-spice-kryddkvarn-crush-grinder-skeppshult-standard-27962564837433_2048x.jpg

skeppshult-cast-iron-spice-kryddkvarn-crush-grinder-skeppshult-standard-28226481225785_2048x.jpg

No non-stick surface used here, this is PRO-stick! Which begs, can it be 'seasoned' like my old Wagner camping skillet... 🤔

Skeppshult Cast-Iron Spice Kryddkvarn "Crush" Grinder
YES, we're close...
but they state "not for herbs", with a coarse grind, And it's a raw unslick iron, without slicking finish...

Reason i thought about full glass with spikes. Hard to scratch unlike the weaker coated ceramics..

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
YES, we're close...
but they state "not for herbs", with a coarse grind, And it's a raw unslick iron, without slicking finish...

Reason i thought about full glass with spikes. Hard to scratch unlike the weaker coated ceramics..

Holy hell. I might have to turn Buddhist so that I can save up via multiple lifetimes to afford that.

But otherwise, cool.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Murano glass :lol:
It was just to put pictures on "glass spikes"

Yeah. That was my understanding.
I doubt anyone would assume you would use one of those vases as a pipe.

Doesn't change that something handmade like that would cost a shitload of money, because the labor is the same...be it for vases or vaporizing. It's still work, and people deserve to be paid fairly for their time in these things.

Last edited:

Shadooz

Doesn't change that something handmade like that would cost a shitload of money, because the labor is the same...be it for vases or vaporizing. It's still work.
grinder can be molded. Cheap and easy..
Not artistic "handmade".
For a lifetime grinder like that, i can put more than 100€ for sure

Last edited:
Shadooz,
Reactions: Bologna
Top Bottom