Herb Grinders

kel

FuckMisogynists!
Apologies for the back to back posting, edit button gone now, but two things:

I just ordered a Space Case grinder from eBay, apparently the genuine article, probably an older version, but at a silly money price - this is going to keep me happy (if the other customer comments are anything to go by) until ...

The new GFL SS bad boy is released into the wild; I have had confirmation that they are definitely working on a Stainless Steel version of the BCG, but no release date as yet!

Summer

Long Island, NY
as for the suggestion of both, well, maybe in another lifetime hehe :rofl:

:cheers: That's how I feel about the Lift. :lol:

Oh! BTW, as far as a grinder's aesthetics is concerned, I wouldn't want a wood artisan or an art deco one. Those definitely aren't my style. I want a grinder to look like a metal grinder.

BTW, after the 6 hour edit window, it's OK to post back to back.

SockPuppetTheatrics

So I assume every newcomer faces this dilemma sooner or later: I wanna upgrade and I can't decide between the Flower Mill and Brilliant Cut. I think I want the Flower Mill because it helps remove stems and (possibly?) produces less dust.

Anything I'm not considering? Pricing is about the same, I don't care that much about the wait to get a BCG, and both have multiple size options.

Ralph

Get the Flower Mill. It is just awesome!!!!! I have the BCG, Santa Cruz 4 piece, United Machining, Herb Ripper XL. The Flower Mill is by far my favorite for all of the reasons posted in the Flower Mill Thread. Ease of use, cleaning, easily converts from 3 pice to 4 piece, multiple plates to choose from, great build quality, it just rocks!!!!!!!!!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
PSA:

Texus

Get the Flower Mill. It is just awesome!!!!! I have the BCG, Santa Cruz 4 piece, United Machining, Herb Ripper XL. The Flower Mill is by far my favorite for all of the reasons posted in the Flower Mill Thread. Ease of use, cleaning, easily converts from 3 pice to 4 piece, multiple plates to choose from, great build quality, it just rocks!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I have to concur here. Though it is very close between FM and BCG. Added versatility (multiple plates, ability of "4 piece" to be 3 vs 4 piece, even if not interested in kief catching, I use the area below screen to store excess ground flower if I want to switch strains) and immediate availability of Flower Mill gives it the nod from me. Tho both are head and shoulders above cheaper grinders like the Trees.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
Thanks for the post @Shit Snacks you beat me to it.

Hi, first post in Grinders. My buddy sent me a large BCG. I did not realize that I needed a new grinder until I had it. What a great grinder.

The grinder got me thinking about scoops. Something that could be stored in the grinder and was designed to work with the specific needs of a vaporizer.

Here is what I came up with. It has been in testing for a few months and has gone through a dozen iterations. Its made from biodegradable, corn based, food safe PLA.

20210625-230048.jpg

20210625-230255.jpg

kel

FuckMisogynists!
My little Space Case turned up today, 55mm version, black, very light, obviously the genuine article, I am well happy... an absolute bargain at ~£15

Taken the mid section out to make it a 3 piece, not sure what to do with the screen section!

I would have been surprised to have paid over $100 for this, I mean I get there is work involved and profits have to be made, but it still seems a lot to me.

I guess the next thing to do is to... erm... grind some herb :lol: :leaf:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@RogueGuy Do you think that j-hook stands like the one you showed on Instagram might be on your page soon? Also hoping for a maple brush holder to match my maple scoop and tamp…

Does anyone know of a coupon for Flower Mill? Thanks

Try hitting up Rogue on Instagram if you can by the way, I'm sure he will check in here at some point though, but especially if you want that maple brush since I think he only has oak for sale in the store? Or try email :tup:

Similarly try emailing flower mill, or messaging here, or if you check the thread I do think they may have posted a 10% code for FC there, I'm not sure though if it was a limited holiday code, either way they should be able to tell you when the next sale will be!

mixchu69

@RogueGuy Do you think that j-hook stands like the one you showed on Instagram might be on your page soon? Also hoping for a maple brush holder to match my maple scoop and tamp…

Does anyone know of a coupon for Flower Mill? Thanks
I went to their website and a modal popped up asking to subscribe to their newsletter with a 15% off code.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Are there fans of the Santa Cruz Eco Shredder made of hemp? I happen to like it alot. It grinds to a nice fluffy consistency, very comfortable in the hand and easy to clean with ISO. The only downside is that it seems to gum up pretty quickly requiring more frequent cleanings but I think it's overall a great inexpensive grinder.

BallzMcVinegar

Are there fans of the Santa Cruz Eco Shredder made of hemp? I happen to like it alot. It grinds to a nice fluffy consistency, very comfortable in the hand and easy to clean with ISO. The only downside is that it seems to gum up pretty quickly requiring more frequent cleanings but I think it's overall a great inexpensive grinder.
My best friend uses his "cookies" hemp shredder more than his other metal SCS he owns. He had no interest in my BCG. He was fully content with that eco shredder.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Jill I just enabled images, I know it can take 30 minutes for this feature to be enabled so I'll try and post the pic in a little while.

Attachments

• bud.JPG
    bud.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 22

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Hey Jill I just enabled images, I know it can take 30 minutes for this feature to be enabled so I'll try and post the pic in a little while.

Here's another strain, a little fluffier...bud.JPG

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Thanks @jeffp - good pics. will definitely pick up one for just in case.
Thanks I'm first learning how to post pics, here, etc., and I should have opted for the thumbnail as to not overwhelm the page.
Yeah for 10 dollars this is a great little grinder and perfect gifts for newbies who don't have a grinder. You can see that the consistency is not perfectly even but it's superior to the cheap metal and acrylic grinders. When I first got it I was concerned about cleaning it the way I normally clean grinders which is to drop the two pieces in a sandwich size zip lock filled with ISO held upright with a clipboard against the wall, and leave it alone for an hour. No problem, hemp is an incredibly strong and durable fiber.

Top Bottom