• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

Krokowa

Thanks I'm first learning how to post pics, here, etc., and I should have opted for the thumbnail as to not overwhelm the page.
Yeah for 10 dollars this is a great little grinder and perfect gifts for newbies who don't have a grinder. You can see that the consistency is not perfectly even but it's superior to the cheap metal and acrylic grinders. When I first got it I was concerned about cleaning it the way I normally clean grinders which is to drop the two pieces in a sandwich size zip lock filled with ISO held upright with a clipboard against the wall, and leave it alone for an hour. No problem, hemp is an incredibly strong and durable fiber.
Where can you find them? They seem to be all sold out in EU :/

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
You can get them from Vape Wellness in the UK
Vape Wellness Santa Cruz Hemp Shredder

They're also available from Vapefiend, also in the UK.
Vapefiend Santa Cruz Hemp Shredder

I've seen them on Amazon Marketplace on the UK and German sites as well.

I'm enjoying a different strain now, Ice Cream Cake, and the grind is perfectly even and consistent.
It's not only a really good grinder, I like how it feels and turns, and I don't miss the magnet.
In fact i prefer the utter simplicity of it, no nylon O rings to remove during cleanings, no metal shavings to ever worry about.
I've seen competing hemp grinders, and they're probably great as well, possibly with greater availability to the UK.

Last edited:

Squidge

Butane powered
I'm enjoying a different strain now, Ice Cream Cake, and the grind with this grinder is superb and very consistent.
Now that is something I look for in evaluating a strain sample; how it grinds. It probably has zero influence on the quality of the bud, or it might, but for the sake of vaporizing it's kind of important to me.
I have two regular SCS grinders, one 2-piece and one 3-piece. I prefer the three piece (fluffy medium grind) but find the two piece perfect for when I want to grind my flower more finely. (I'll transfer the ground herb from the three to the two.)

Have you tried the hemp 3-piece, @jeffp ?

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have two regular SCS grinders, one 2-piece and one 3-piece. I prefer the three piece (fluffy medium grind) but find the two piece perfect for when I want to grind my flower more finely. (I'll transfer the ground herb from the three to the two.)

Have you tried the hemp 3-piece, @jeffp ?

No, I haven't...yet.

Squidge

Butane powered
If you grind upside down in the 3-piece, can you get the same fine results as the 2-piece without having to transfer?
I've never tried upsidedown. I have different grind preferences for different devices so it's easier just to transfer, tbh. For the DV I like medium but, for the Vapman, I might want to go finer.

It also means that I actually use the two piece as I bought it first but quickly got frustrated with it for the DV.

@Jill NYC , Would you like me to try it to see?

EDIT: Ok, just tried and the answer is, "Yes, you can"

Last edited:
Squidge,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Thanks @Squidge ! I figured it would work.
I didn’t realize they had those in a 3 piece, just picked up one “just in case.” I prefer 3pc - for me easier to remove ground herbs from grinder.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
The finest grinder I'm aware of is the MFLB finishing grinder, if you are looking for a very fine salt like consistency.

jeffp,
Reactions: Squidge

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Lol, if I went that fine...
1. I'd end up over dosed in one hit
2. Would seriously up my tolerance
3. Have no flower left within days!

I'll (try to) stick where I am :nod:

If I went that fine with other vaporizers especially convection my airflow would be compromised.
However, that fine with the MFLB engenders some of the most powerful vaporizing experiences I've ever had.

Krokowa

Maybe this is a stupid question but how does a better grinder improve the quality of the vaping? Is it more efficient, do i get more stoned, better airflow? I’ve only started vaping weed since 3 months and always used my cheap 10€ grinder from some nightshop here. I’m really curious as to what to expect from something like a bcg or scs or would that hemp one already be sufficient? As reference i’m using an arizer solo 2. Thanks in advance and sorry if i wasnt supposed to ask this here

You can get them from Vape Wellness in the UK
Vape Wellness Santa Cruz Hemp Shredder

They're also available from Vapefiend, also in the UK.
Vapefiend Santa Cruz Hemp Shredder

I've seen them on Amazon Marketplace on the UK and German sites as well.
Big thanks bro, seems to be around 24€ to get it into the netherlands

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Maybe this is a stupid question but how does a better grinder improve the quality of the vaping? Is it more efficient, do i get more stoned, better airflow?
Sure, it can be all that, but It's really nothing more than something else to dial in or personalize about your experience.... and from the moment you pick it up, too. You really never know what you might prefer unless you try different stuff... Is it necessary? No, "Luxury" grinders are just that, luxuries.... In fact, I never used one until I started vaping and only used different types of scissors from the moment I started growing in the late 80's.

Krokowa

It's really nothing more than something else to dial in or personalize about your experience.... and from the moment you pick it up, too. You really never know what you might prefer unless you try different stuff... Is it necessary? No, "Luxury" grinders are just that, luxuries.... In fact, I never used one until I started vaping and only used different types of scissors from the moment I started growing in the late 80's.
Nice man, i really like that insight/perspective on the idea of a grinder. I kinda do like luxuries though haha. No but, is it like more efficient or does it get you more stoned in any way? Maybe i should put it this way, do you personally prefer the more expensive grinders? Scissors wouldnt be for me, i’d cut my own fingers haha

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Maybe this is a stupid question but how does a better grinder improve the quality of the vaping? Is it more efficient, do i get more stoned, better airflow? I’ve only started vaping weed since 3 months and always used my cheap 10€ grinder from some nightshop here. I’m really curious as to what to expect from something like a bcg or scs or would that hemp one already be sufficient? As reference i’m using an arizer solo 2. Thanks in advance and sorry if i wasnt supposed to ask this here
Yeah, for most part it is just a matter of preference. Especially if you only use a small amount.

But if you are grinding a lot - some of the more expensive ones can grind a lot more before needing to be cleaned and can take much less effort to twist (old and/or arthritic people can relate)
Also, some vapes do better with a fine grind while others excel with a courser grind. So having different options can be ideal.
Finally, material matters to many. With some metals, there is a fear of the metal getting shaved into the herbs - the cheap aluminum ones are the ones to worry about there.

Krokowa

Yeah, for most part it is just a matter of preference. Especially if you only use a small amount.

But if you are grinding a lot - some of the more expensive ones can grind a lot more before needing to be cleaned and can take much less effort to twist (old and/or arthritic people can relate)
Also, some vapes do better with a fine grind while others excel with a courser grind. So having different options can be ideal.
Finally, material matters to many. With some metals, there is a fear of the metal getting shaved into the herbs - the cheap aluminum ones are the ones to worry about there.
Sht man, i have a cheap aluminum one… so there may be like small metal pieces in my herb??

EDIT: i think i just found the kind i have on dhgate for like 3 dollars, man i’ve been ripped off

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Sht man, i have a cheap aluminum one… so there may be like small metal pieces in my herb??
That has been the debate for a long time. TBH, I have never seen any conclusive evidence one way or the other.

When I first got the Brilliant Grinder, I was asked on FC to microwave the ground material to see if any sparks came up which would point to shavings in there (there were no sparks, smells or other concerning issues). I am not sure if that is proof of anything, but if you want to try it with your ground herbs to test it out, it may help ease/unease your mind.

Krokowa

That has been the debate for a long time. TBH, I have never seen any conclusive evidence one way or the other.

When I first got the Brilliant Grinder, I was asked on FC to microwave the ground material to see if any sparks came up which would point to shavings in there (there were no sparks, smells or other concerning issues). I am not sure if that is proof of anything, but if you want to try it with your ground herbs to test it out, it may help ease/unease your mind.
Haha my mind is eased enough right now, just happy that there’s no real proof. But maybe its another reason to look for a new one. Really tempted to go for that SCS hemp one that was described here earlier, just wondering if that one is kinda smell proof or not :/
EDIT: would also love to have like a grinder where the ground weed drops in a lower layer like the bcg. Mine only the kief drops down and the weed stays in between the teeth so i have to tap it out

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
but, is it like more efficient or does it get you more stoned in any way? Maybe i should put it this way, do you personally prefer the more expensive grinders? Scissors wouldnt be for me, i’d cut my own fingers haha
I think it is, cuz I grind it to the consistency I prefer based on (possibly many) variables and endless tweaking and experimenting.... I don't/can't use scissors anymore these days... and I don't need readers for my LIFT (yet)! :myday::tup:

Excellent points, @Jill NYC! <-per usual (and) -> I often first overlook the more "infirmed" (?) or less dexterous users, sorry... sometimes you absolutely do NEED to spend more for quality, unfortunately...

Krokowa

I think it is, cuz I grind it to the consistency I prefer based on (possibly many) variables and endless tweaking and experimenting.... I don't/can't use scissors anymore these days... and I don't need readers for my LIFT (yet)! :myday::tup:

Excellent points, @Jill NYC! <-per usual (and) -> I often first overlook the more "infirmed" (?) or less dexterous users, sorry... sometimes you absolutely do NEED to spend more for quality, unfortunately...
Man, i’m gonna pull the trigger on a better one

Squidge

Butane powered
If your budget is tight, go for the 3-piece hemp SCS grinder. If you like the format (i.e. the herb falling through to collect in the bottom), you can always upgrade to another later.

Which one you choose later will be a whole other kettle of fish... I like the regular SCS because of grind consistency, though unless you only vape a small amount per day, avoid the small size as it really is dinky!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Haha yeah there are many reasons, ease of use, quality of the grind, quality of the materials, the brilliant cut grinder is the best because it has teeth on the side of the lid that prevent it from ever locking up on you no matter how moist and dense and sticky or herb is! Plus they look beautiful and use a super high grade of aluminum, and the kicker is there is no threading to have to turn, it is all magnetic connections! (and yes it's a three-piece, herb chamber but no keif filtration, which many of us find unnecessary here!) Flower Mill is another nice totally different design, not really like a normal grinder at all, very easy to use!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Haha, yeah, and don't forget @Krokowa, statements like "the brilliant cut grinder is the best blah blah blah" is PURELY 100% SUBJECTIVE. For instance, some users may not appreciate anodized KNOWN wear points smashing and gnashing their expensive bud, or any aluminum "business" parts at all in their grinder, or say, a big post in the grind catch area.... and I won't even address Asian made knockoffs... :razz:

Last edited:

Krokowa

Maaannnn, i just spent all this time trying to buy that scs eco shredder and it kept saying transaction cancelled. Went into my homebanking sht, turns out my card’s been blocked. Now i have to call them up tomorrow and tell them to unblock my card and let me buy that grinder, this suckss

Top Bottom