Herb Grinders

Vitolo

Vaporist
The metal Potter does not have a funnel of course, but it is surely a solid device.
Some of us did not care too much for the grind, and opinions differ, but if you like the grind and function of the
acrylic model, then the Metal Potter is an upgrade.

condition

justcametomind

As I stated in another thread I had an order from vapefiend destroyed from UPS as they refused to pass my order through customs. The expensive part of the order was the Klip by HOJ, a grinder that at least at the gif picture looks amazing and also has 3 levels of grinding. Now is out of stock. :mad:

edit I have to post a link as gif picture is not working (it is safe to click it)

If you are willing to try again importing it, you can still get it from the makers
I was attracted by it, but apart the price, the pop ups telling people are buying their stuff every minute put me off, same thing knowing they push their stuff trough Forbes and the likes.

condition

Thanks I am not planning ordering it again, as lately I am loading buds the VapCap & Firefly
Also the company in the home page lists it clearly out of stock in the EU (wtf this means that for US they have separated stock?)

justcametomind

Thanks I am not planning ordering it again, as lately I am loading buds the VapCap & Firefly
Also the company in the home page lists it clearly out of stock in the EU (wtf this means that for US they have separated stock?)
I asked them a few weeks ago, they probably had stock in Denmark which is apparently finished, and now ship from UK.

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Lol. I was about to recommend the Phoenician as well.

I've never owned one, but I've used a friend's before, and it's grippy and quick. Not sure if they have many options in the finer grind direction that most of us like for our vapes though.

Thanks for the recommendation! I managed to snag one on Reddit today. Hoping this will be the one!

NJlegal

Thanks for the recommendation! I managed to snag one on Reddit today. Hoping this will be the one!
Yea you got the blue one I wanted :). Gold just did not do it for me.

I hope this grinder works out for you, you certainly have been on the hunt for one that meets your needs. I guess I'll order and wait for a BCG. I don't think I'll get lucky on Reddit for a previously enjoyed one.

I've been tossed on if I should get the med or large BCG. I don't need the "extra" grinding space with the large, but I'm thinking it just might be the better of the choices . If anyone had any suggestions before I order....I thank you in advance.

ProfessionalHandJob

"A handjob is still a job, okay?"
Anyone here tried the Tafee Bowle metal Potter grinder?

Love the plastic one (Potter+) more than I've ever loved a plastic grinder, such cool features such as not just filling the pots, but also the built in funnel that doubles as a storage area for ground herb.
Yes I love the metal Potter. My Potter+ split in half on me as I was packing it against my hand. Tafee sent me a replacement, but I still ordered the metal Potter shortly after. I'm very happy with it.

Also just got a Lift Innovations "Reject" and damn this is the nicest "grinder" i've ever used.

ProfessionalHandJob,
Reactions: Vitolo

kazz

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
The Phoenician came in today. The reddit seller threw in some large rubber rings that the company uses to increase grip. It works! My only complaint is it might be too large in my hands. I'll be on the lookout for a medium, but until then--I believe that I've found my grinder.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions!

Vitolo

Vaporist
New Large BCG arrived today (with medium plate).
The Jury is out...
It is sharp, and it works, but the "reach test" is not having me reach for it a second time yet.
I do not like the holes on the plate.
I prefer the texture from a 2 piece (no holes!) when the herb mulches against itself.
I ground one load, and vaped it... when I went to grind more, I automatically reached for my two preferred grinders.
I have owned well over 100 grinders.
My two favorites are the SCS and the NewVape fine grinder.
I had the luxury of trying The Flower Mill last evening.
I found it OK... acceptable, but I'll pass on it.. I was not a fan.
I will returned the loaned Flower Mill this morning even though it was loaned for a week... not for me.
I will focus on the BCG today and try to find my rhythm with it.
EDIT:
I found another issue about the BCG that is a turn-off.
I like my grinders to have a totally flat bottom, so that it sits flush on my working surface.
I find the little space under the grinder to be distracting and awkward.
My meds find their way under that space, and I have to keep lifting the entire grinder, to use a business card to get my meds away from the hidden space around the grinder, where it can not rest flatly on the surface of my workspace.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The Jury is out...
It is sharp, and it works, but the "reach test" is not having me reach for it a second time yet.
I think I may just not like the holes on the plate.
I prefer the texture from a 2 piece (no holes!) when the herb mulches against itself.
I ground one load, and vaped it... when I went to grind more, I automatically reached for my two preferred grinders.
I will returned the loaned Flower Mill this morning even though it was loaned for a week... not for me.

I highly suggest grinding upside down in your BCG, at least for the first few turns, I think then you will find the consistency to be more what you are used to... There's much versatility with a three piece, think of it like a two piece, but with an herb chamber! :tup:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I did my grind upside down.
I edited my last post to add another issue.
I find that my NewVape Grinder turns just as easily as the BCG, and I have not cleaned the NewVape Grinder in 2 years.
There's much versatility with a three piece, think of it like a two piece, but with an herb chamber!
I appreciate the positive attitude and recommendation.
I have my routine for preparing meds.
I do not like an herb chamber at all.
I like to grind in a 2 piece, open it over my cookie can lid... tap both halves together firmly facing down to dislodge
any "clingers"... and I cover my herb with a folded business card.
I use that cookie can lid (had it since 1969) to scoop up what herb I need.
I found a wasted move with the BCG.
I grind, then must tap both top parts, then I have the extra wasted move of removing the meds from the
bottom weed holder.... to put it on my cookie can lid... My preferred method of serving up my meds.
I do not ever microdose. I like a large amount of meds.
Using the herb container part of a grinder, does not allow me to take my folded business card, and scoop up enough for what I am vaping in.
Not a fan.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I did my grind upside down.
I edited my last post to add another issue.
I find that my NewVape Grinder turns just as easily as the BCG, and I have not cleaned the NewVape Grinder in 2 years.

I appreciate the positive attitude and recommendation.
I have my routine for preparing meds.
I do not like an herb chamber at all.
I like to grind in a 2 piece, open it over my cookie can lid... tap both halves together firmly facing down to dislodge
any "clingers"... and I cover my herb with a folded business card.
I use that cookie can lid (had it since 1969) to scoop up what herb I need.
I found a wasted move with the BCG.
I grind, then must tap both top parts, then I have the extra wasted move of removing the meds from the
bottom weed holder.... to put it on my cookie can lid... My preferred method of serving up my meds.
Not a fan.

Yeah everyone has their own thing, if you're already used to something like that, then this does not fulfill a need for you at all! I actually do the same thing, on my table when I am grinding, because I am ocd about any little sticky bits that are stuck to teeth afterwards (this happens more when you grind upside down like I do) so I use a toothpick to poke, and my fingers, clacking the two pieces together gently over the pile, which I will then brush into the grinder herb chamber of the BCG with the rest of the grounds...

I don't like to leave the herbs open exposed for too long, like only when I'm in the middle of using them, and I don't grind large amounts at a time really either... I have a wide variety of strains at a time, so I like having multiple grinders, to grind up different strains or blends and keep them in those grinders until I use them up (occasionally I have to transfer from grinder to another container, vapbong loading dishes help a lot too, but since I have my large BCG on the way and should see the UMG soon too, I'll probably have enough storage solutions!)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I don't like to leave the herbs open exposed for too long
I don't either.
I fill my work pile on my cookie can lid 4-5 times a day.
The meds never stay there for over an hour... under the folded business card.
They get used fast.
I am OCD also, when it comes to my meds.
That is why I like the grinder to have a dead flat bottom... no room for anything to hide.

Shit Snacks

I don't either.
I fill my work pile on my cookie can lid 4-5 times a day.
The meds never stay there for over an hour... under the folded business card.
They get used fast.
I am OCD also, when it comes to my meds.
That is why I like the grinder to have a dead flat bottom... no room for anything to hide.

Yeah and I know your consumption needs are actually well above mine, I think if I was packing as many as you do everyday, I would probably feel and do the same honestly!

Mangu

Yea you got the blue one I wanted :). Gold just did not do it for me.

I hope this grinder works out for you, you certainly have been on the hunt for one that meets your needs. I guess I'll order and wait for a BCG. I don't think I'll get lucky on Reddit for a previously enjoyed one.

I've been tossed on if I should get the med or large BCG. I don't need the "extra" grinding space with the large, but I'm thinking it just might be the better of the choices . If anyone had any suggestions before I order....I thank you in advance.
I def recommend the large. Neither of em are cheap and the large is worth its cost in added size/convenience

NJlegal

I def recommend the large. Neither of em are cheap and the large is worth its cost in added size/convenience
I appreciate the advice. Hard to decide which and then I did something stupid and asked my wife if she cared about the color. I would have ordered all silver or black, but of course she didnt like that.

I figured a small would suffice, I never grind more than a gram or two at a time, but the large seemed "more practical" if I'm spending that much on a grinder. Easier grind/ grip and a larger collection area. I hope I made the right choice.

Mangu

I appreciate the advice. Hard to decide which and then I did something stupid and asked my wife if she cared about the color. I would have ordered all silver or black, but of course she didnt like that.

I figured a small would suffice, I never grind more than a gram or two at a time, but the large seemed "more practical" if I'm spending that much on a grinder. Easier grind/ grip and a larger collection area. I hope I made the right choice.
I doubt you will regret the large. It’s quite different from a standard grinder and you’ll notice that the magnet post at the center makes it so that not so much herb Can be stored inside as you’d imagine. Compared to my Large Santa Crus Shredder, id say the large BCG holds about half as much volume despite sharing the same overall exterior dimensions.

NJlegal

I doubt you will regret the large. It’s quite different from a standard grinder and you’ll notice that the magnet post at the center makes it so that not so much herb Can be stored inside as you’d imagine. Compared to my Large Santa Crus Shredder, id say the large BCG holds about half as much volume despite sharing the same overall exterior dimensions.
I was worried about the small amount getting "lost" in the large, but I guess it's not that much bigger. What concerns me now ,I just realized, is the weight difference of large and small (5.35oz vs 8.1oz). I just weighed my current grinders (small 5 oz and 2.8oz) it seems very weird that both of these together don't weigh as much as the Larger BC. Is the weight manageable/ noticeable ( not sure how to ask)? Not worried about me, I am very manly :) , concerned on wife using it she's getting old LOL !

CurryLeafTreehugger

The Jury is out...
I do not like the holes on the plate.
EDIT:
I found another issue about the BCG that is a turn-off.
I like my grinders to have a totally flat bottom, so that it sits flush on my working surface.
I find the little space under the grinder to be distracting and awkward.
My meds find their way under that space, and I have to keep lifting the entire grinder, to use a business card to get my meds away from the hidden space around the grinder, where it can not rest flatly on the surface of my workspace.

With my Underdog log vapes, a fine grind comes right through the screen. Every problem I've ever had with any of my UDs has boiled down to material that is too finely ground, causing it to pack down in the stem, roast unevenly, and reduce air flow.

I have had a Golden Gate Grinder for years, it was a 4 part grinder until I cut the freakin' screen out recently. That helped, but the fact of the matter is, the GGG is just not a great grinder. The material is highly variable and there are way too many fines.

Hence My Search for a better grinder. The Brilliant Cut Grinder is the one I have chosen but as I cannot get snail mail and they only sell mail order, no grinder for me.

I want the coarse plate. That is the one that (in pictures at least) results in the fewest crumbs, and I hope that this grind will strike a balance between having to poke my tongue up to catch weed fines and keep them out of my airway, and just trying to vape small chunks torn off nugs.

I'm not a fan of 2 part grinders. It leaves the herb in there too be mulched, and I don't want my herb mulched. Just knocks off even more trichomes. I want the least invasive, least damaging (to trichomes) way to smallify my herb so I can put it into my vape and get the most from it. Keeping in mind my significant lack of manual dexterity LOL!

I also seriously considered the Lyft? Lift? Can't remember how they spell it, but it does have one freakin' ugly logo, LOL! They are hideous grinders but that wasn't why I ultimately dropped it. It was because of the complexity of the device itself. I'm already on a futile year-long search for the little popup pressure thingy out of the lid of my InstantPot - I don't need yet another thing around here with small parts to keep track of, and have to assemble/disassemble to clean.

For the BCG, I like not having to get a 4 part grinder when I have absolutely no desire to "collect kief", and I like that I can get different plates for it. If the coarse turns out to be TOO coarse, no worries - I can just replace the middle part.

Sadly the uber coarse "Chunky" plate was never made for the larger version of this grinder. If it ever were, I would want that one too. In fact my perfect setup (that I can't get anyway even if it DID exist) would be the 3 part grinder with 3 extra plates, medium, coarse, and CHUNKY.

CurryLeafTreehugger,
Reactions: Vitolo

Shit Snacks

With my Underdog log vapes, a fine grind comes right through the screen. Every problem I've ever had with any of my UDs has boiled down to material that is too finely ground, causing it to pack down in the stem, roast unevenly, and reduce air flow.

I have had a Golden Gate Grinder for years, it was a 4 part grinder until I cut the freakin' screen out recently. That helped, but the fact of the matter is, the GGG is just not a great grinder. The material is highly variable and there are way too many fines.

Hence My Search for a better grinder. The Brilliant Cut Grinder is the one I have chosen but as I cannot get snail mail and they only sell mail order, no grinder for me.

I want the coarse plate. That is the one that (in pictures at least) results in the fewest crumbs, and I hope that this grind will strike a balance between having to poke my tongue up to catch weed fines and keep them out of my airway, and just trying to vape small chunks torn off nugs.

I'm not a fan of 2 part grinders. It leaves the herb in there too be mulched, and I don't want my herb mulched. Just knocks off even more trichomes. I want the least invasive, least damaging (to trichomes) way to smallify my herb so I can put it into my vape and get the most from it. Keeping in mind my significant lack of manual dexterity LOL!

I also seriously considered the Lyft? Lift? Can't remember how they spell it, but it does have one freakin' ugly logo, LOL! They are hideous grinders but that wasn't why I ultimately dropped it. It was because of the complexity of the device itself. I'm already on a futile year-long search for the little popup pressure thingy out of the lid of my InstantPot - I don't need yet another thing around here with small parts to keep track of, and have to assemble/disassemble to clean.

For the BCG, I like not having to get a 4 part grinder when I have absolutely no desire to "collect kief", and I like that I can get different plates for it. If the coarse turns out to be TOO coarse, no worries - I can just replace the middle part.

Sadly the uber coarse "Chunky" plate was never made for the larger version of this grinder. If it ever were, I would want that one too. In fact my perfect setup (that I can't get anyway even if it DID exist) would be the 3 part grinder with 3 extra plates, medium, coarse, and CHUNKY.

Keep an eye on the classifieds here, and ent exchange on Reddit, I literally just saw an offer there for new BCG with choice of plate yesterday... Hopefully they can be more flexible with you on the shipping method!

Keep an eye on the classifieds here, and ent exchange on Reddit, I literally just saw an offer there for new BCG with choice of plate yesterday... Hopefully they can be more flexible with you on the shipping method!
Been a while, but have you received your United Machining Grinder yet? No rush, but have been waiting for the word on if I should pull the trigger or go with the premium Flower Mill. Just wondering, as it seems like some are getting their grinders while others have not

Top Bottom