• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herb Grinders

I'm torn between the BCG and the FM. Any advice?
I was heavily considering these options but decided to go with the flower mill. If I am shelling out that much for a premium grinder, I figured I should opt for the more durable and safer stainless steel, and the flower Mill's quarter turn seems convenient enough to compensate for the lack of magnets.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was heavily considering these options but decided to go with the flower mill. If I am shelling out that much for a premium grinder, I figured I should opt for the more durable and safer stainless steel, and the flower Mill's quarter turn seems convenient enough to compensate for the lack of magnets.

@havock69 I think @cx714 actually made the opposite choice here^ btw

Yeah I think the price is a factor along with the configuration, if you get the regular BCG with one plate on sale shipped could be $75 as opposed to I think 90 something for the premium FM? But the large BCG is going to cost more, and then for both if you add plates, however FM also has the standard option that is cheaper than the cheapest BCG! However I agree if I am going to get FM like I did it would be premium with steel...

BCG is more like a traditional grinder, but improving on the shortcomings with higher grade aluminum, the no jam teeth design, and magnets without threading... Yeah a quarter turn is fine for that too, and the FM design does not jam either because it is not like traditional grinding so keeping that in mind, the way to control the grind more so with the FM is by having different plates whereas the BCG you have more control even with just one plate... Both great!

Hope that helps further to decide :tup:

ScrivGnar

With my Underdog log vapes, a fine grind comes right through the screen. Every problem I've ever had with any of my UDs has boiled down to material that is too finely ground, causing it to pack down in the stem, roast unevenly, and reduce air flow.

I have had a Golden Gate Grinder for years, it was a 4 part grinder until I cut the freakin' screen out recently. That helped, but the fact of the matter is, the GGG is just not a great grinder. The material is highly variable and there are way too many fines.

Hence My Search for a better grinder. The Brilliant Cut Grinder is the one I have chosen but as I cannot get snail mail and they only sell mail order, no grinder for me.

I want the coarse plate. That is the one that (in pictures at least) results in the fewest crumbs, and I hope that this grind will strike a balance between having to poke my tongue up to catch weed fines and keep them out of my airway, and just trying to vape small chunks torn off nugs.

I'm not a fan of 2 part grinders. It leaves the herb in there too be mulched, and I don't want my herb mulched. Just knocks off even more trichomes. I want the least invasive, least damaging (to trichomes) way to smallify my herb so I can put it into my vape and get the most from it. Keeping in mind my significant lack of manual dexterity LOL!

I also seriously considered the Lyft? Lift? Can't remember how they spell it, but it does have one freakin' ugly logo, LOL! They are hideous grinders but that wasn't why I ultimately dropped it. It was because of the complexity of the device itself. I'm already on a futile year-long search for the little popup pressure thingy out of the lid of my InstantPot - I don't need yet another thing around here with small parts to keep track of, and have to assemble/disassemble to clean.

For the BCG, I like not having to get a 4 part grinder when I have absolutely no desire to "collect kief", and I like that I can get different plates for it. If the coarse turns out to be TOO coarse, no worries - I can just replace the middle part.

Sadly the uber coarse "Chunky" plate was never made for the larger version of this grinder. If it ever were, I would want that one too. In fact my perfect setup (that I can't get anyway even if it DID exist) would be the 3 part grinder with 3 extra plates, medium, coarse, and CHUNKY.
I use a Santa Cruz Shredder & have been for 7 years with the same grinder. Just cleaned it & the threads and teeth feel brand new. $70 well spent. Not sure I’ll be replacing it in the next 5-10 years

Vitolo

Vaporist
Just cleaned it & the threads and teeth feel brand new.
That's how I feel after every really good cleaning!
Photoon2011-07-06at1621.jpg

havock69

@havock69 I think @cx714 actually made the opposite choice here^ btw

Yeah I think the price is a factor along with the configuration, if you get the regular BCG with one plate on sale shipped could be $75 as opposed to I think 90 something for the premium FM? But the large BCG is going to cost more, and then for both if you add plates, however FM also has the standard option that is cheaper than the cheapest BCG! However I agree if I am going to get FM like I did it would be premium with steel...

BCG is more like a traditional grinder, but improving on the shortcomings with higher grade aluminum, the no jam teeth design, and magnets without threading... Yeah a quarter turn is fine for that too, and the FM design does not jam either because it is not like traditional grinding so keeping that in mind, the way to control the grind more so with the FM is by having different plates whereas the BCG you have more control even with just one plate... Both great!

Hope that helps further to decide :tup:
O ended up going with the FM. I like the concept. I'm excited. I might eventually get a BCG, maybe once they introduce a 4pc model.

cannasoor

The only problem I have with this community are acronyms 🥲
Kindly, BCG= ?
It’s also too short to use the search function!

BCG = Brilliant Cut Grinder, an herb grinder made by Grinders for Life. It's been very popular here on FC and elsewhere (e.g., reddit.com/r/vaporents) since they first released … hmm, maybe about 18 months ago? The "BCG" is known for magnetic closure (so no threading), some other innovations (teeth near the edge, a sort of "scraper" at the top of a central pole, and the pole itself), and finally for its design and styling (available in mix-and-match colors for the different parts, including swappable grinding plates in the middle, with fine, medium, and coarse options). And you can test out color combinations with a visual tool on their website.

Speaking of which, for your convenience: Grinders For Life website. (Mine is onyx-emerald-onyx, and I love it a lot.)

SquirrelMaster

Been looking at those BCG - 7 weeks for shipping. One of those set it and forget it orders.
Oh yeah for sure, I'm going on week 8 with my Amber XL scheduled to ship next week (some parts had to be re-anodized). My United Machining grinder was ordered mid November so it was an even longer wait! I have others to keep me going so it's not a big deal.

Shit Snacks

Oh yeah for sure, I'm going on week 8 with my Amber XL scheduled to ship next week (some parts had to be re-anodized). My United Machining grinder was ordered mid November so it was an even longer wait! I have others to keep me going so it's not a big deal.

Oh since my medium plate is amber, though my top and bottom are hematite, perhaps mine is also delayed because of the re anodizing... Damn, like I do have my UMG now, but I'm so antsy for my big BCG!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...

Interesting, they had the same issue with my “Gold” large plate, the one I’ll never use. I always buy a complete package/kit when I can. You never know how long a company will be in business. Supposedly going to ship next week.

Texus

BCG = Brilliant Cut Grinder, an herb grinder made by Grinders for Life. It's been very popular here on FC and elsewhere (e.g., reddit.com/r/vaporents) since they first released … hmm, maybe about 18 months ago? The "BCG" is known for magnetic closure (so no threading), some other innovations (teeth near the edge, a sort of "scraper" at the top of a central pole, and the pole itself), and finally for its design and styling (available in mix-and-match colors for the different parts, including swappable grinding plates in the middle, with fine, medium, and coarse options). And you can test out color combinations with a visual tool on their website.

Speaking of which, for your convenience: Grinders For Life website. (Mine is onyx-emerald-onyx, and I love it a lot.)
And if you are a Dynavap user, I highly recommend their D-Capper as well.

Shit Snacks

And if you could only own one grinder?
Left on a desert island.....
I was actually quoting @Shit Snacks, and asking him, as I know he has invested a lot of time and money into grinders.

Not as much as others I've seen here though it has been a lot lately and a lot of variety I will admit! However the answer to this question for me is of course the Brilliant Cut Grinder every time, well my large will arrive next week, but that is how I still feel about my two regular size BCG after my experience with the new UMG and the Flower Mill (where you posted this question) :tup:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Personal favorite.

You may not be aware of the $25 versions?

“Scratch and Dent 3" Grinders”​

MonkeyTime

Went and looked at these again after @Vitolo posted the link. I thought I had looked the site over pretty thoroughly... Guess not!

I'm still strictly getting shake ATM, but couldn't pass up a deal like that, I may need it someday! I've been hearing about them and wanting one for a while, I'm in.

Gigsabits53

Those are an absolute steal at that price!. Great grinder if you want that fine grind.

purepotstill

Hi guys,

I'm on the edge of buying a BCG, but before I pull the trigger, does someone know some other good threadless grinder AVAILABLE IN THE EU ?? That's the main point for me, so if I could skip the high shipping fees + VAT + customs, would make me happy. :horse:

fangorn

Hi @purepotstill

When I looked for a new real grinder like you a few months ago, I was really hesitating between BCG and herb ripper!
finally I chose the stainless steel herb ripper ... and I absolutely do not regret my choice !!!
heavy, machine washable, no aluminum, easily grind large quantities, beautiful ... coarse threading so a turn and a half and the tank is open ... strong magnets ...
I took the 3 piece version so I can't talk about the screen.
since then, he has added additional rooms for storage ...
I will surely buy some ...

but if the bcg comes out in stainless steel, I will take one !!

I did not find the herb ripper in Europe but it is in the UK ...

good research!

Top Bottom