Herb Grinders

cr0wley

truth is, frogs were gay from the start.
Do you think that the Potent crush grinding patent similar with the groove/honeypuff grinder? 🤔
HONEYPUFF-Groove-Grinding-Honeypuff-63-MM-4-Layers-Aluminum-Herb-Spice-Grinder-with-Gift-Box-Spice.jpg

Ever try the Groove grinder? I believe Aerospaced makes it. Looks a bit like that but the channels do not have holes. I hate the one I have personally, herb gets packed into the channels in a huge chunk and isn't ground up/doesn't fall into the chamber.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I just got the SLX 2.5 (2.4”) in green. It is beautiful. I got it from Puffitup. Great service!! I watched Troy’s video on grinders and felt the SLX was what I needed. I have arthritis and tendonitis, very hard in the hands. This seems to cover all my concerns. I will see how it goes and come back with a review. Have a great day everyone!! Kudos to Randy and the gang at Puffitup, especially Erik, who packed up my parcel.✌️❤️😷

HopStoopid

I suggest those looking for a grinder make sure they see the size the want in person before ordering online. I ordered the medium SCS and it’s way smaller than I expected but will work for the .5 or so I grind per session.

Agree, much smaller than I expected too. If Puffitup had a large SCS 3-piece, I'd probably exchange. My tolerance is so low these days though, I can definitely live with the medium. Super awesome customer service from Puffitup though -- would definitely order something from them again.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just got the SLX 2.5 (2.4”) in green.
I use my purple V2.5 version as a trinket tray, too small a unit and too fine a grind for me.
My first one got replaced under warranty due to qtips coming out purple when I cleaned it...the replacement is just the same so I gave up and started looking at S/S grinders instead, still looking!

BHOMG

SquirrelMaster

I own a herb ripper with the supposed 1/4 threading. Though it consists of 4 threads each starting and ending at a quarter apart, the actual turn 180 degrees. Not that I mind the slightly extended movement.

I meant to come back to this as I had to double check both my XL's which are definitely ¼ turn. I thought someone else mentioned 1/2 turn but I can't find the comment. Is your HR the regular sized one? Seems very odd to me, maybe a manufacturing mix up but ai doubt that.

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I recently picked up a new toothless grinder from Flower Mill USA (Formerly Roiel Health). I’m not sure if they still call it a Crown grinder as it has a new look.

Their website showed it out of stock at the time, so I made an inquiry and it turned out they had some of the new ones available. They offered me a $20 discount code (FlowerMill) to reflect their new price which is now $99.95. I was told that they will soon be updating their site with the new branding and pricing.

I’m really enjoying it so far. I am losing strength in my grinding hand and this thing is almost effortless, it helps me a lot. I have a shelf full of toothed grinders that are now going to be very lonely.

408AA6BE-433C-4888-B947-6FA1537736AC.jpeg

30BE3043-3DAF-455F-B1F6-C2DD6D81BEED.jpeg

SquirrelMaster

I recently picked up a new toothless grinder from Flower Mill USA (Formerly Roiel Health). I’m not sure if they still call it a Crown grinder as it has a new look.

Their website showed it out of stock at the time, so I made an inquiry and it turned out they had some of the new ones available. They offered me a $20 discount code (FlowerMill) to reflect their new price which is now $99.95. I was told that they will soon be updating their site with the new branding and pricing.

I’m really enjoying it so far. I am losing strength in my grinding hand and this thing is almost effortless, it helps me a lot. I have a shelf full of toothed grinders that are now going to be very lonely.

View attachment 3035

View attachment 3036
That is a pretty fine looking grind which some may be looking for. Does the grind consistency compare to any of your other grinders? It's a mix of stainless and aluminium correct?

When I hurt my hand a few months ago I couldn't use my OG HerbRipper XL unless I loaded a tiny nug or it presented too much resistance. It was BCG or nothing. That's when I truly understood how neccessary it can be for some to have an easy turning grinder even if it might mean a few more turns. I'm thinking of the Lift specifically but I seem to remember the OG Roiel taking a few turns to get through material but turning easily. That's not first hand experience.

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
That is a pretty fine looking grind which some may be looking for. Does the grind consistency compare to any of your other grinders? It's a mix of stainless and aluminium correct?

When I hurt my hand a few months ago I couldn't use my OG HerbRipper XL unless I loaded a tiny nug or it presented too much resistance. It was BCG or nothing. That's when I truly understood how neccessary it can be for some to have an easy turning grinder even if it might mean a few more turns. I'm thinking of the Lift specifically but I seem to remember the OG Roiel taking a few turns to get through material but turning easily. That's not first hand experience.
Yes, that is a grind with the fine screen. There’s also a medium screen included. I’m still experimenting with them though. The fine screen is closest to what I’m used to and the medium screen is more of a medium/coarse I would say. They both work though.

And I would say that it takes slightly longer to grind with this, but not by much. I find short back and forth turns with slight pressure work best, instead of full turns.

SquirrelMaster

Yes, that is a grind with the fine screen. There’s also a medium screen included. I’m still experimenting with them though. The fine screen is closest to what I’m used to and the medium screen is more of a medium/coarse I would say. They both work though.

And I would say that it takes slightly longer to grind with this, but not by much. I find short back and forth turns with slight pressure work best, instead of full turns.
Well that's good it comes with another screen, I like when the designs allow for more versatility. I'm mostly a medium or medium/fine grind user but I dabble back and forth with fine and coarse as well, it's good to have options. You should post a picture of the other grind the next time you use it, I'd love to see how it looks.

Drug

I can totally see the difference. Seems like it's not the most consistent grind, but the coarser one does result in more of a tiny nugget-y consistency. The Roiel Health or Flower Mill needs to be used like that, with the twisting back and forth to kind of shake loose and break off tiny pieces (in stead of shredding even tinier pieces in traditional grinder mechanics). I like the concept and am curious for their next update. Was on the fence of buying their current product but ultimately put off by shipping costs and the kief screen which is removable but leaves an empty ring in the herb compartment. Seems you got a pretty good deal, especially considering the it's ease of use. Thanks for sharing your comments and pics!

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I was told that they will soon be updating their site with the new branding and pricing.

Just to follow up, their new site is now up and running. $99.95 for 4pc and $89.95 for 3pc. The old url doesn’t appear to redirect.

Drug

So this is the update to their lineup. The dedicated 3 piece looks interesting. I'll probably pick one up to compare with the United Machining one I got coming, and then decide which one to keep. I'm really interested in the mechanism of 'grinding' this device uses and how its morencoarse consistencies turn out.

E: international shipping for 65$ flat rate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom