Herb Grinders

Drug

So they use a ring to convert from 4 to 3-piece. Seems to "grind" the herb with ease. Consistency seems not that much coarser than more traditional grinders. The sound of that metal once he's finishing up grinding is off putting, especially since it seems to be caused by aluminum against stainless. I'm not yet convinced.

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
So I had been searching for a proper grinder because my piece of shite amazon alumium thing clogged by just looking at my fairly fibrous and fresh CBD flowers. I went through the usual cycles of obsessive research I tend to go to and was stuck between the SCS and the BCG. But they both seemed pretty expensive (especially considering import/EU sellers etc), and somehow I wasn't too excited about either. Like, I really liked the threadless design of the BCG, but saw a bunch of pictures here of people showing that the aluminium was chipping. Partially the design w/ the bottom half seemed prone to it because those little notches that keep the bottom from spinning have to hold against the grinding force. Also just read from quite a few people that the SCS still has the better grind. But as for the SCS, it has threads which I wasn't super keen on, plus at the time I was looking I couldn't find one in 3pcs, only w/ kief screens which I don't need or want. And again, seemed needlessly expensive.

After almost buying a BCG then, I came across Gleichdick, an Austrian company that makes grinders that seem like the best of both worlds. I ended up getting one and it is perfect. They pride themselves in the particular fluffiness of their grind (which I can confirm), so it has dope consistency. Pretty much the same scissor pattern that the SCS also has (don't fix what isn't broken aye). Also, from looking at the company and also having the grinder here #, it is clearly a well-produced, small batch-size product. From what I can tell, they are some dudes who genuinely want to make an excellent grinder, not flood the market with mediocre mass-produced rubbish. And it shows, everything just fits really well and it runs through my material like it's nothing, super easy to clean, nothing sticks. Finally, the design is superior to the BCG in my opinion: it is threadless, but the shape of the grinder means they don't need a pin in the middle of the bottom like the BCG. Because of roundish-triangularish shape of the grinder (look up curve of constant width), it is both super easy to grind because you can push against the edges to apply force, it doesn't get slippery, and the bottom has a much greater surface preventing it from moving, so less stress on any particular spot. Also, I got it on a sale, ended up being about half the price of a BCG. In all honesty, I think they're not super great at promoting themselves, but jesus they make an awesome grinder. Definitely worth checking out.

Also, for the people who want a BCG but they also want kief - Gleichdick have 2 piece, 3 piece and 4 piece designs, and for the 4 piece they offer different screens so you can select fine to filter you stuff. Haven't tried so I can't vouch for it, but I feel like a lot of people like me just don't know about the company. For some reason they also have all their grinders in a gigantic "party" version, just in case any of you needs to grind a pound at a time. Also, they don't pay for me to rave about them (or know about that really), just genuinely stoked about the product I got from them.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired

Less than $10 and by far this is the BEST cheap grinder I've ever used. The consistency is even and fluffy, fine and just right for vaporizing.
Not sure how to safely go about cleaning it but I'm sure the topic and answer exists somewhere.
This is seriously a fantastic grinder. Significantly better than the cheap Walmart etc. type metal grinders.
It's not magnetic but that is of no consequence.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
how's the Pucc grinder? any owners of it here?
This thread should help.

sunyata

Accessory Maker
Thank you for sharing, I went on their website but I am not sure if you can buy these in the US. List price of 65 Euros is quite steep, that's $78 US. The new larger BCG will sell for $100 US and is available to preorder for $90 US.

Got it on a 15% sale so ended up with a 3 piece for like 50ish€. I think the argument for the gleichdick is less persuasive for US customers though, given shipping, customs and the access you guys have to the BCG etc. But for Europeans who are thinking of importing a BCG (or SCS or herb ripper or whatever) I think the gleichdick is a much more cost effective option. Also, always good to support your local-ish business :) :myday:

apextwenty2

Manufacturer
Hey everyone, I just wanted to drop a message on this thread and let everyone know that I own Apextwenty2. I am a one man shop in Oklahoma and I'm currently making legitimate Titanium herb grinders. I'm new to the dry herb vape world but I can already tell we have a love for titanium. I've only got around 30 grinders out in the wild but the feedback I've gotten has been great so far. These are not cheap nor mass produced grinders. They are all machined in shop and hand finished by me. So far I've only got the 2 piece grinder and an aluminum machined ashtray but I am working on a stash case that interfaces with the 2 piece grinder as well as a 3 piece. My website is apextwenty2.com if anyone is interested in looking at what I've got for sale. If I've posted this in the wrong place mods please let me know, its been a while since I was a regular member of a forum. Thanks for reading if you've made it this far. https://www.apextwenty2.com/ I'll figure out how to post pictures on here soon. haha

sunyata

Accessory Maker
And not enough grinder, made in USA..SUPERSIZE ME!
The price seems on point for Ti, it is just too small and only 3 piece for me.

If you need supersize, check out these here

3 inch diameter grinding chamber (hrhr) in 2piece, 3piece, 4piece

In the video below you can see a random German man briefly handling the 2piece version if you want to get a feel for the size of that monster

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I already have a 3 piece (was 4) 3.5"(88mm) Titanium SpaceCase that is pretty good so the Gleikdick :haw: would be a side step or downgrade...I do like the shape for gripping though.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: arb

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I'm personally not much of a 2 piece grinder guy but while obsessively scrolling through the New Vape site I noticed they have some of their grinders available in a "scratch and dent sale" for $25, 50% off! I probably won't grab one myself as like I said I'm not too into the two piece but I've heard good things.

Gigsabits53

I'm personally not much of a 2 piece grinder guy but while obsessively scrolling through the New Vape site I noticed they have some of their grinders available in a "scratch and dent sale" for $25, 50% off! I probably won't grab one myself as like I said I'm not too into the two piece but I've heard good things.

I'm not a big fan of two piece grinders either, but I have to say that the NV grinder is the only one I have that can get me the fine grind I want for the FP. I have run numerous ounces of weed through it and it just works.

Top Bottom