Herb Grinders

mlo4sho

Vitolo said:
VTV Presents
The Daily Grind
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/dailygrind.jpg
Touch image to see the Daily Grind
willieR, I made this one just in good humor. It is in no way a grinder comparison or demo. It is just me getting my meeds ready for a days routine vaping.
The video is 10 minutes long, so if you are easily bored... you will easiliy be bored!
Please note. I do not necessarily consume all of the herb you've seen me prepare. I may share with another vaporist, or may not have to prepare again for a day or two.
I guess what I am saying here, is I like this community, so I am sharing of myself, that you know me better!

Nice vid. I find your videos interesting and informative as well. Thanks for posting.

mlo4sho,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Stu said:
Nice vid Vito! I didn't really understand why you use a separate stash for "repairs and testing" though. Can you elaborate?
Yes...
I get a few strains of medical grade for different needs. I do alot of cooking, with ABV.
I also cook with raw weed often (carefully cleaned as described at FC- cooking with Cannabis post). I don't like to cook with my meds, and I obtain high quality "comersh" to cook with.
It works just grand, and as a Sativa does... it will help with nausea and spasticity.... but lacks unique aspects, and also lacks the variety of uniques spicy flavors.
SO.... if I am going to test a vape out, my first loads will be of this more affordable , less precious herb. I will still get an effect, but should the vape not work as promised, I have not wasted a load from a small jar of Kush.. I have rather wasted a load from a big sack of Sativa!
The herbs with less oils and crystals produce less vapor, as there is less to "boil"...
If I can make a vape function well for me with some "reg"..... I know I can do it better with the good stuff!

Vitolo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ah, I understand now. I have a similar stash that I use to give out when one of my cheap friends asks me if I can hook them up with a nug. :brow:

Stu,

Vitolo

Vaporist
SmokingElectricity said:
..out of curiosity, was the second, lighter 2 pc grinder the one you got from puffitup?
Actually they were both from Puffitup. One was the $6 mini grinder pictured on their site. The lighter one, is the one that has not made it onto the site yet.
The mini grinder that is totally flat on the surface... it is great for a tight little nug- but the lighter one has double rows of teeth, and it is a tiny little shredder!

@mlo4sho - Thanks.. from the heart. I mean it. I am just trying to have fun, and spread it around while I am at it, and this is what I do with my time. I sit at a computer, and I vape/partake in vapor related activities!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
VTV Presents:
The Dragon Chewer Grindtainer
I got a good plastic grinder today, as a sample, along with an order I placed. I love this thing , and wanted to show it to you.
This video, starts out with a comment about some cheap items I was not happy with, and I show a "credit card grinder" by SneakAVape also (but I was afraid to put any meds on it, for fear they would scatter!)
The Dragon Chewer, is made of mold injected plastic. The teeth are sharp and not glued on, but built in. It acts as an airtight carrying case, and is unbreakable.
It comes in packs of 3 (small medium and large) for $16, free shipping.
This is the first and only plastic grinder I have ever recommended!

Touch image to view video

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Not into plastic either...
But this thing, is an airtight container, and grinder, that is good for an adventurous outing, and good to grab a "nugg" and keep airtight.
A grinder I can pass around, and not panic if it does not come back. (unless I left a bud in it!)

Vitolo,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
My gf got one of those dragon chewers with her MFLB she bought from puffitup and I love the storage aspects of it, but I find it can't grind for shit. I mean... nothing.

and I much prefer the metal brush to the plastic one for the MFLB.

I never got a free pen though :mad: lol

aesthyrian,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is not a fine grind for sure. But it does do a crude grind well, and once you get the push/twist it will work well. (not fine enough for your LB though).
As for the pen.. I will send you one! (kidding) It may have been a humorous gesture because I was on the phone with him, and I said "can you email that to me, I don't have a pen"

Vitolo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I emailed puffitup regarding the launch box mini grinder - i'll order one when they get back to me... your little video about it was cool.
I was actually looking around to see if i could find an acrylic volcano grinder - they're not available anywhere unless you buy a volcano but that's not likely to happen.

jeffp,

stroh

errl enthusiast
stroh,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
thanks i did see that but economy shipping is $11.17 which is slightly ridiculous....

jeffp,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
I love my SharpStone glass top 4-piece grinder. It is pretty beastly being dropped on concrete from shoulder height. Not a chip on the glass. I think its great to see the bud being ground and knowing that it is all through the holes. And for $20 on ebay, I think that is a great deal.

Ripbongs420,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Vitolo reviews are always the best!! :D respect mate, you look always stylish too!
Anyway, gotta upgrade my grinders soon...oh one question! May it be ok to throw my herb in the coffee grinder in order to get it really fine then store it like that, in powder-like state? Or will it lose some aroma/power? With this method is always ready to be used, and one doesn't have to grind it everytime. Just a curiosity though :D

Smokey,
  • Love
Reactions: Vitolo

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
^ Depends on your timescale I think. I wouldn't myself more than a couple of days worth. I think it's widely believed to be better to grind little and often rather than the big load. You're maximising the surface area available to oil evaporation, oxidisation (and light?) and damaging the integrity of the trichomes. I have no doubt it exists, but nevertheless I'd be interested to see some measurements over time though of ground vs unground for potency and flavour decay.

WatTyler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I agree with Wat, Cloud (thx BTW for the compliment). The weed does lose something over time, when preground. There is better essence (that's an important part of the buzz) from more freshly ground herb. I think it should not sit out on a plate after being ground but is better in a jar. I only grind what I will use within a day, unless traveling(I prepare more).
I believe what they say, that the more finely you grind the herb (like Wat says.. more oxidation) the more rapidly these trichomes might deteriorate.

Vitolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Vitolo said:
I have a theory, that the more finely you grind the herb (like Wat says.. more oxidation) the more rapidly these trichomes might deteriorate.

It's the oxidation. That's why I store under vacuum. Things stay fresh for months, years. I have 2+ year old material that's fine and dandy.

willieR,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Well I'm into my second month of waiting on my Mix-n-Ball Nano... no replies from the supplier. Live and learn.

In the meantime, my Head Chef (that Max recommended) arrived. Looks fantastic. Shipped same day as ordered and arrived in maybe a week? 10 days? From Everyone Does It in the UK. They understand customer service, obviously.

Mix-n-Ball? Useless fellow behind that operation. Won't ship, won't reply. Useless.

willieR,

stroh

errl enthusiast
jeffp said:
thanks i did see that but economy shipping is $11.17 which is slightly ridiculous....

the shipping price does seem high compared to the price of the grinder, but around 20 dollars total for a top notch two piece grinder isn't so bad. if i hadn't already invested in my sharpstone some years ago i would buy it without hesitation, volcano grinders are great.

stroh,
Top Bottom