Herb Grinders

Vitolo

Vaporist
charliedontsurf said:
I've seen a no-name grinder which produced metal flakes. Bad karma on the manufacturers, if there were such a thing.
If there were?... IF???
Ohhh charlie... don't give it a second thought karma reigns supreme. All distributors of foul matter shall in their day be recipients of same!

Vitolo,
Reactions: Tweek

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
charliedontsurf said:
I've seen a no-name grinder which produced metal flakes. Bad karma on the manufacturers, if there were such a thing.

It's got a "K" on it. Its a small 2 piece I bought at a flea market in SC. No flakes.

It was cheap too. I'll prob get a pair when i go on vacation next month

JDSupreme,
Vitolo said:
charliedontsurf said:
If there were?... IF???
Ohhh charlie... don't give it a second thought karma reigns supreme. All distributors of foul matter shall in their day be recipients of same!

I tend to think that all forms of justice or righteousness, however they might seemingly manifest to us, are merely comfortable notions. Most people can't function without an idea of justice - divine, human, legal, cosmic or otherwise - so they come up with these notions, and it brings them comfort.

I'll file concepts like Karma under the Justice file for the sake of this argument - which I make very respectfully to you, Vito. I think that things that go around do not necessarily come around, not to the one who deserves them necessarily.

Love my new MFLB-specific grinder from Puffitup, thank you for posting about that, I wouldn't have it otherwise.

charliedontsurf,

chucku

Charles Urbane
SmokingElectricity said:
^^^should of contacted SC direct. pretty sure those are covered under the lifetime warranty.

How do you contact SC. I have only found distributors.

chucku,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Perhaps you could ask the people where you did buy it where they came from.
The legal disclaimer, is to seperate themselves from production. Very cautious people.... they also speak of culinary use.
It is my feeling that the manufacturer has made Spacecase.com a seperate entity.
If you use that support form on the link I gave and specify that you want manufacture contact, I am willing to bet they can help you.
I just called another seller of genuine spaceCase, to ask who his wholesaler is, and he supplied me with the link to the same place.

Vitolo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Smoking, Vito,

I just got off the phone with my local toy store, He had always ordered his inventory from two or three distributors over the years with varying degrees of reliability, occasional botched orders, shipping times that can take weeks. He does not and never had a computer so urls are a foreign concept to him. He will try to get a direct mfg phone number the next time he talks to them but It may take a while. The site www.spacecase.com has the appearance of a place holder or search engine generated site. The only site I recall for the grinder mfg. was www.spacecasecutlery.com but that domain is now for sale and I do not recall any contact information being there. FWIW it may be worth sticking to known, reliable vendors such as Gratefulbuys or Puffitup.

chucku,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Smoking,

From the Myspace page it looks like the US distrihutor for SC is the mfg. of the Hot Box vape.

chucku,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have learned from a half dozen phone calls why we are having a problem.
We walk on delicate ground.
The link for customer support I gave in post #2480 is a correct link fpor any Space Case Grinder related inquiry. Space Case Cutlery has seperated themselves as the makers, from Space Case Grinders, a "distributor", due to laws in various states. SpaceCase Cutlery is a legitimate maker of culinary tools also. In some places Herb grinders are considered paraphernalia.
You can see a reference to Space case Anodized Kitchen tools here: Space Case recipes and Seed Banks divulges the manufacturer name!
try an email to info@spacecasecutlery.com, but I think they will likely refer you back to Space Case Grinders

Vitolo,

SmokingElectricity

when i had a problem with my SC, i called the # i posted and they gave me an address to return the damaged grinder. a week or two later i had a brand new SC. the number i posted is for warranty issues only.

also spacecasegrinders.com are not the manufacturer, they are only a reseller. they even say so in their Q&A section.

SmokingElectricity,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Please re-read my post. Space Case Cutlerly IS the maker. They own Space Case Grinders.com as a seperate entity for legal reasons.
I also explained WHY they say so ( It is in their Legal Disclaimer). Also...
The phone # 949.515.9622 belongs to One Source Products, and I have a message in to them. They are supposed to call me back.
I also have an email shown as received from spacecasecutlery.com, the manufaturer of Space Case Grinders and I wait for a response at the start of the business day today.
I have been told by 3 different major retailers of Space Case that are listed here in FC , that they order their Grinders from Space Case Cutlery, and all 3 have explained why ( the reason I revealed earlier) they keep themselves "quiet".
I understand "sticking to your guns" when you feel you are correct.
*You asked a question. I researched it and answered. You did not like my answer. I researched it again, spoke to dealers that explained it to me.
I passed the explanation on... about why they remain elusive.

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
One distributor claims he got orders a few months apart that had 2 different logos from the same company. He suggested that the manufacturer has more than one production line, and that the stamps varied from an addition of "?" , "made in USA", or no additonal marking after the "Space Case" for quality control, and accountability as to which line any shoddy work might come from.
*Note- this information is not something I learned on my own through research. The distributor says he has gotten 2 different Logos a few months apart on orders from the same company.
In 4 hours my local head shops open. I will stop at a couple on my way to the mail run. I will do my best to see, compare, and question about the logo! :)

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

waiting on that.
Im very interested in why they would use so many different logo combinations, plus whether its on the top or bottom, etc

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
As am I!
My mails to all space case emails addresses returned as failed. The only one not returned, was at customerservice@spacecasecutlery.com

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Wow.. these guys are secretive! :ninja:
1st off.. I got a failed delivery finally on the customer service email for Space case cutlery.
next. I spoke with two dealers that said they dealt with Space case Cutlery directly, but both refused to give me the contact info, saying that it was not permitted.(and one of them is a close contact of mine!)

I used the contact form I provided earlier in a post, for spacecasegrinders.com, to ask for replacement gaskets & contact info. and this is what I recieved:
Hello Vitolo,
Unfortunately, we are not the manufacturers, only authorized re-sellers. Therefore we do not have access to parts, just whole products. We are not permitted to give contact information for Space Case Cutlery. Sorry, I wish I could help more.
Thank you,

So.. as far as making direct contact with the manufacturer, it seems that one would need to establish a VERY good rapport with someone in an owner position of a major distributorship.. and then get the info!

Vitolo,

max

Out to lunch
stroh said:
jeffp said:
thanks i did see that but economy shipping is $11.17 which is slightly ridiculous....

the shipping price does seem high compared to the price of the grinder, but around 20 dollars total for a top notch two piece grinder isn't so bad. if i hadn't already invested in my sharpstone some years ago i would buy it without hesitation, volcano grinders are great.
I know people like the Volcano grinder, but personally, I don't consider any plastic grinder to be top notch, and I think $20 (or anywhere close to it) is way out of line for a plastic 2 pc. I've got two excellent 56 mm grinders, both anodized, and both deliver for under $15- The MnB Classic (eBay $14, and my favorite), and the Titan (eBay-kellysgreatproducts $13). It's fine by me if someone wants to spend more than that on plastic, but I can't see it.

Vitolo said:
The distributor says he has gotten 2 different Logos a few months apart on orders from the same company.
Excellent detective work on the elusive Space Case company Vitolo. :tup: I do think it's a bad idea to have multiple logos at the same time. Tends to make people think that there are counterfeits out there. I say stick with a single logo and keep it unless there's a good reason to change it.

Wow.. these guys are secretive!
Since the company apparently intends to cut themselves off from the consumer, it brings up the question of getting warranty service if your seller is no longer in business, or if they just tell you to contact the company. If this- Space Case Warranty #
949.515.9622- is a good contact #, great, but you shouldn't have to hunt on the internet to find contact info for a product advertising a lifetime warranty.

max,

Nycdeisel

Yes, now I have SC products with different logos! :o :/

I was speaking to Vitolo regarding this and had quite a debate about what sites were stocking what. I did question the authenticity of my SC container that has logo on top with Made in USA next to it.

Nycdeisel,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It's really not good that we can't speak with the manufacturer at all. Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but for top dollar from a brand leader I kind of expected a bit more. (Space case)

max said:
stroh said:
jeffp said:
thanks i did see that but economy shipping is $11.17 which is slightly ridiculous....

the shipping price does seem high compared to the price of the grinder, but around 20 dollars total for a top notch two piece grinder isn't so bad. if i hadn't already invested in my sharpstone some years ago i would buy it without hesitation, volcano grinders are great.
I know people like the Volcano grinder, but personally, I don't consider any plastic grinder to be top notch, and I think $20 (or anywhere close to it) is way out of line for a plastic 2 pc. I've got two excellent 56 mm grinders, both anodized, and both deliver for under $15- The MnB Classic (eBay $14, and my favorite), and the Titan (eBay-kellysgreatproducts $13). It's fine by me if someone wants to spend more than that on plastic, but I can't see it.

The volcano grinder is very effective, no doubt. Granted it doesn't feel anywhere near as nice to use as others. But actually I think that the plastic pyramid 'sharks teeth' design is pretty damn effectual, and I just wish it was easier to machine those shapes out of metal.

Actually the very first grinder I ever bought, over 10 years ago, was the 'Original Grinder No 1' by grassleaf, before they had magnets. It not exactly the same- slightly larger, can't be bothered to count the teeth but maybe the same amount, and I actually think it is comparable with the Volcano Grinder in terms of grinding. I think they come with magnets fitted now maybe?, so don't know if they're still as good functionwise, but it's a fraction of the cost of the Storz and Bickel version- 2 on ebay in the UK. To be honest if I lost both these plastic ones, I think I'd replace with the grassleaf rather than the S&B.

WatTyler,

Vitolo

Vaporist
MORE DETECTIVE work on the manufacturer of Space Case
I told you I called One Source at # 949.515.9622 They did call me back, from an unlisted number.
He verified that they they are the main sellers of Space Case across the US.
He was not willing to give me a contact number, website, or email address to reach them directly. He said they do not generally have public contact. (squeaky wheel here!)
He did say that There was a Space Case manufacture plant on his premises.
AND
He did send me out free replacement gaskets for all of my Space Cases, stating that they have an unconditional lifetime warranty.

Vitolo,

SmokingElectricity

should of asked if they are the manufacturers of sharpstone and cali crusher too, because that would have answered your question about the website without him having to outright say it.

i still don't believe that spacecasegrinders.com is the manufacturer for one reason. they sell other brands of grinders as well [Sharpstone and Cali Crushers] why would a manufacturer of the most reputable brand of grinders on the market, sell cheap knock-off's of different branded grinders on their own site? that would be like sony selling xbox's on the sony's own website. that doesn't make sense, unless they are only vendors or they manufacture all three brands.

look at http://www.sharpstonegrinders.com/

virtually the same site as the SC one. almost word word in the Q&A section.

EDIT: both spacecasegrinders.com & sharpstonegrinders.com are owned by Evolve Industries [as stated in both of the companies Q&A sections]

http://www.evolveindustries.net/

SmokingElectricity,

Vitolo

Vaporist
SmokingElectricity said:
should of asked if they are the manufacturers of sharpstone and cali crusher too, because that would have answered your question about the website without him having to outright say it.
look at http://www.sharpstonegrinders.com/
virtually the same site as the SC one. almost word word in the Q&A section.
You will notice that thje Sharpstone site also sells spacecase!

Vitolo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Smoking,

Unless Sharpstone and Cali Crusher are owned under the same corporate umbrella. Like VW, Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Lamborgini......

chucku,
Top Bottom