Herb Grinders

passenger

is this thing on?
A question about the Santa Cruz Shredders: The plastic ring between the grinding parts, is it hold in place with glue or without?

passenger,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Great info! Are they replaceable? It seems it got a liitle loose over the years
If you used hot water to clean the grinder the ring can expand and make you think you broke something. I did this with my 88mm SpaceCase and by the time I found a replacement the slip ring had shrunk back to its original size and did not need replacing which was good as Puffitup wanted $30 shipping to send me the $2 part...it is a long way down to Oz!

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
no idea, it seems better but a grinder like BCG can be dirty as hell and grind up anything with 1 finger so idk.... personal preference.

flower mill takes a little pressure since it mills it, easy to twist but BCG would probably be the best for people with issues, my raw grinder also turned super easy and has a rubber grip piece around it, super sharp teeth on it too.

a tiny dab of olive oil will help any grinder to turn way easier though if you want.
Any experience with the stache grinder?

tinctorus,

Knewt

I received a new large stainless steel 4 piece grinder from ZAM earlier this week. I also have a BFG medium 3 piece. The ZAM is 3 times heavier than the BFG. Both grinders are flawless (to my eyes at least). The BFG is a little harder for me to grip because of my large hands. The ZAM has a straight knurled top that is very easy to grip. Both grind great and time will tell which stays cleaner. One of my main reasons for the ZAM was the Kief catcher and I’m looking forward to more Kief.

shane1

How is the Santa Cruz Shredder?? Thinking of getting the large 3 pc. I wanted a Brilliant Cut but I do not want to wait 6 weeks to get it. Placing an order tomorrow for a vape after a couple year break.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How is the Santa Cruz Shredder?? Thinking of getting the large 3 pc. I wanted a Brilliant Cut but I do not want to wait 6 weeks to get it. Placing an order tomorrow for a vape after a couple year break.

You don't have to wait 6 weeks for the BCG if you go for the factory second, with the discount it is an amazing deal, and most of us hardly find any flaw with them at all... Much more worthwhile, I honestly find the SCS and SLX completely unusable now

shane1

You don't have to wait 6 weeks for the BCG if you go for the factory second, with the discount it is an amazing deal, and most of us hardly find any flaw with them at all... Much more worthwhile, I honestly find the SCS and SLX completely unusable now
Agreed but as of a few minutes ago, there are no seconds available. Maybe I can get a cheap one while I wait for the BCG?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Agreed but as of a few minutes ago, there are no seconds available. Maybe I can get a cheap one while I wait for the BCG?

Yeah there are some other options that would be good to get in the meantime, you could also try contacting BCG on Instagram or email and ask what color would be the earliest to ship, perhaps if they have any factory seconds left etc to ship now

Shit Snacks,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Totally agree that the SCS is a huge step down from the BCG. I also agree asking GFL on Instagram if they have anything available now is the way to go.

However, if you want a premium grinder with not much of a wait, check out the Flower Mill. I don't use mine much anymore but it is pretty great. Very different from others though.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
If you are on a limited budget, these look interesting having stainless steel teeth,
GrindeROO3_700x.jpg

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
If you are on a limited budget, these look interesting having stainless steel teeth,
GrindeROO3_700x.jpg

They won't ship to my location unfortunately! Looks really nice for the price. Thank you so much for your input
The Tsunami that's on eBay is nice cheap grinders. Lifetime warranty. It performs better than the rest of my grinders.
I have a 75mm on its way, thanks 🙏

Last edited:

PutOneInTheAir

E-nano, DynaVaps, v3pro, ROFFU
Picked up the tsunami grinder, put maybe a gram threw it and it's already showing scratches on the black anodizing. Should I be concerned of stuff going in my herb?

I have a planet at The Vapes grinder and I don't see no wear like this. I would appreciate opinions? It's hard to see with the camera but there's definitely scratches maybe a handful mainly on the outer parts nothing on the teeth. Just not sure if this should be any concern real going in my material? This is after one use one gram

upload image

DaVapeGuy

Picked up the tsunami grinder, put maybe a gram threw it and it's already showing scratches on the black anodizing. Should I be concerned of stuff going in my herb?

I have a planet at The Vapes grinder and I don't see no wear like this. I would appreciate opinions? It's hard to see with the camera but there's definitely scratches maybe a handful mainly on the outer parts nothing on the teeth. Just not sure if this should be any concern real going in my material? This is after one use one gram

upload image
I have the same issue with my black SCS. Some scratches, nothing major.

Some people would freak out and tell you not to use it. Others would say no biggie.

Up to you if you think it's a deal breaker or not, personally I'm still using my SCS :)

Dealing with the same thing myself. LOVE my old glossy black SCS large, super mild wear for the amount of work it's done.

This whole new stainless steel is healthier era has me wanting to upgrade and pull the trigger, but one part of my brain says it (the mildly worn edges) can't be killing me from the amounts I've seen worn off. It might be, but I can't justify the price honestly.

Can't lie though I love my large SCS, I've used a few others and hated them honestly. I can't use something I hate using regardless of potential health stuff which hasn't really ever even been proven, so who knows honestly what to believe.

The only super mild wear I can see is from the teeth around the magnets on the top and bottom. No idea how to post pics or I would... :)

My stoner math shows the grinder is 5 years old, 2 oz a month = 1.5lbs a year x 5= 7.5 lbs total it's chewed through.

If Santa Cruz ever made a SS copy of their large in 3 pc I'd buy in a second even if it was hundreds of dollars simply because I love the function, design and most importantly the shred/cut.

The grinder is a totally personal thing in the end though, you've gotta literally handle it daily so it has to be comfortable in your hand, myself I can't even look at anything below 2.5in also.

Top Bottom