Herb Grinders

checkyourlibido

I was looking for something that can hit like a flowerpot but I know the mighty was the top portable? Now people say for more advanced users, the tinymighty is better? Idk, I don't regret the purchase, my dad got sick pretty bad and I bought a volcano for him and got into it. I got 2 x thefreezepipes high dollar pieces that would get me a flowerpot easy ;<
I have the Flowermill as well and love it, especially with all the plates. It sounds like you don't need anything else. But for those of us with VAS, there are several threads that might help you scratch the itch:

The Mighty was great, Vaporents hypes it for good reason. I sold mine when I got the TinyMight 1.5, but the TinyMight thread has me convinced that I need the TinyMight 2 someday. It's a really long thread. Probably just reading the most recent dozen pages or so will answer most questions, even questions you never knew you had lol.

I'd also recommend checking out the Collylander thread. This might be the last opportunity to get one of the most epic vapes in this community, at least new and at this price. I got a classic Vapdong, I don't remember the real name.

The B-Zero and B1 are pretty cheap. Some people built Pinkies. I like my B1, it get's the job done quick. There are separate threads for various ball vapes. The Discord for Qaroma is very active as well, I think you can find your way there through the thread here on FC. Personally I don't care about the tiny differences between the 2, I'd go with whichever I'd have the least trouble with customs or whichever is cheaper. Flowerpot and Qaroma are both awesome. There's a big Taroma XL or something like that, I think that might be the biggest right now, but I haven't checked in on those threads in a bit.

I hope I didn't derail this thread by mentioning all the other threads, I tried to be as brief as possible with me, but I do tend to go on...

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Did any member ever get one of these, if so how is it holding up?

Just saw an update from Lift 🍁 regarding their SS grinder ... they have a year and a half waiting list for them. They expect to be buying a few more machines in the May 2023 timeframe to increase production.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Holy cats. I’ve never heard of that stainless Lift. The asking price seems so high to me relative to others on the market, but if they have a waitlist they know better than I!

gordontreeman,
Reactions: LesPlenty

FrostedHedgehog

I currently have an SCS 3pc Hemp Grinder but would possibly like to buy another grinder. I have been looking at the BCG, which I have owned before but sold due to it being aluminum. However, I am considering buying another one. I know they are doing pre-orders for a Stainless Steel version but it costs a lot and its new and untested.

There is also the Premium Flower Mill, which I can get with the mill kit for the same price of a SS BCG. But I hear it is a love or it hate it experience. I am also considering just getting an SCS 4pc Hemp Grinder for the kief since I hear kief offers a stronger high.

Should I consider another BCG even though it is aluminum, a Flower Mill, or another Hemp Grinder? Is aluminum really that much of a problem? I probably would never of thought of aluminum being a problem before reading posts of peoples opinions on the matter.

Finally I would like to get a grinder with a coarse or medium/coarse grind.

Thoughts?

FrostedHedgehog,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Thoughts?
If the aluminium one already made you nervous before why do it again?
Get the BCG s/s with a med and coarse plate and cry once then never have to worry about grinders again.
I would have upgraded my large alu BCG if the new S/S was large and made of 316 S/S but it is neither so I am quite happy with my large alum job...I gifted all my other grinders but wish I had kept my 88mm SpaceCase as these ball vapes chew through the weed...my large BCG does not hold enough for a day's consumption...even with rosin-topped loads!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
If the aluminium one already made you nervous before why do it again?
Get the BCG s/s with a med and coarse plate and cry once then never have to worry about grinders again.
I would have upgraded my large alu BCG if the new S/S was large and made of 316 S/S but it is neither so I am quite happy with my large alum job..

Perfect advice…..

RustyOldNail,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Thoughts?
I have all three and use the FM daily [have both og and redesign]. BCG is a work horse, but the FM is easier to load and doesn't have a magnet in the collection tray. I read on instagram that grindersforlife had to hollow out the top of the SS BCG in order to get the weight down and that the top and bottom two sections together weigh the same. My FM and ALU BCG are both heavier on top and I feel like that aids in grinding so I'm curious to hear initial reports on the SS BCG in the wild. The hemp grinders are for travel or casual use as they lack the "heft" to be a daily grinder and I only use 3pc grinders.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I am also considering just getting an SCS 4pc Hemp Grinder for the kief since I hear kief offers a stronger high.
Yes, kief does get you higher. It’s basically the strongest stuff that falls off the bud.
But if you separate the kief from the buds, then the buds will be less potent.

I used to only use 4 pc grinder, collect the kief in a pollen pusher and then sprinkle some of it on my flower when I collected enough.
Hmmm…. So basically, I was removing the good stuff from fresh flower only to use it later on different flower.
Felt sort of futile AND I was wasting kief in the transfer process from grinder to pollen press then back to flower.

In my experience, the only reason to be collecting kief is if you are actively trying to lessen the flower potency in the moment
OR if you are trying to collect to make your own hash. And if you are a casual user, it will take a LONG time to collect enough for a decent amount of hash.

I now only use 3 pc grinder so I can enjoy the full flower potency without any extra steps. Personally, I feel no need to ever go back to 4 pc.

Hope this helps in your decision.

Knewt

Yes, kief does get you higher. It’s basically the strongest stuff that falls off the bud.

I used to only use 4 pc grinder, collect the kief in a pollen pusher and then sprinkle some of it on my flower when I collected enough.
Hmmm…. So basically, I was removing the good stuff from fresh flower only to use it later on different flower.
Felt sort of futile AND I was wasting kief in the transfer process from grinder to pollen press then back to flower.

In my experience, the only reason to be collecting kief is if you are actively trying to lessen the flower potency in the moment
OR if you are trying to collect to make your own hash. And if you are a casual user, it will take a LONG time to collect enough for a decent amount of hash.

I now only use 3 pc grinder so I can enjoy the full flower potency without any extra steps. Personally, I feel no need to ever go back to 4 pc.

My first grinder was a cheap 4 piece. I bought and BCG because my 4 piece needed constant cleaning. I emptied my Kief catcher and filled a 10 ml Infinity jar. I never noticed the lack of potency in the weed that deposited all the kief. I can’t get any bubble hash or anything like that, so a little Kief boost is great when I desire it. I decided to get a 4 piece ZAM stainless grinder so I will see how that compares to the smooth grinding BCG.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!

I see this reasoning a lot for boing with a three-piece grinder, but it doesn't really track in my experience. All of that kief still falls off and accumulates in the collection chamber of my BCG. Maybe some of it attaches and sticks to bud as I grind, but the net effect is that when I want to use kief its still a separate effort to brush and scoop it on top of my flower or into my vape if I'm just using it on its own. A four piece would just make that easier for me: right now if I have a lot of ground flower in my grinder I'd have to dump it into something else before I could snag some kief. With 4 piece grinders I have used in the past I can just crack open the separate kief chamber. Based on my experiences and the reality that I still have a lot of kief separating and building up in my grinder, I would go back to a 4-piece design if BCG offered one just so its a little more convenient to use the kief.

j3oomerang

I feel like kief catchers made some sense back in the day. However, nowadays, if you want kief or any other concentrates, you can simply buy some. It will be a cleaner, more potent product as well.

oldfool

Just saw an update from Lift
They expect to be buying a few more machines in the May 2023 timeframe to increase production.
They're taking pre-orders now for March delivery.
Getting back into production after a couple of years.

I've had my reject for over a year, love it, never cleaned it.

Copy-of-3-P-RD-Disassembled-24-02-2019-800x.webp

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I feel like kief catchers made some sense back in the day. However, nowadays, if you want kief or any other concentrates, you can simply buy some. It will be a cleaner, more potent product as well.
Agreed, assuming you are in a place where it’s legal to buy it.
I would never buy concentrates from a dealer (although I have bought hash, and it wasn’t very good, so never again for me).

Sorry for going off topic!

JCC

They're taking pre-orders now for March delivery.
Getting back into production after a couple of years.

I've had my reject for over a year, love it, never cleaned it.

Copy-of-3-P-RD-Disassembled-24-02-2019-800x.webp

Didn't realize they had stopped production, I asked to be put on the list after I was told they could only produce 10 units/month, that was sometime last year. Still looks like a solid product, even if it is a little costly, buy once, cry once, cheers!

JCC,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I’m about to buy the Premium Flower Mill. I’m going to get the extra plates pack, but what do you say about the 4 piece catch? Should I go for it too?

Honestly, after seeing this thread about a guy who ordered it last month and still got dust, I’m not so sure. Maybe I should wait for the SS BCG.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FlowerMillUsers/comments/yf3jt0
I have both the original and the redesigned FM premium. The pics in that reddit post are NOT the redesigned model which now has a SS liner inside the lid. I prefer a 3pc, but you can easily make the FM a 4pc if you prefer.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I feel like kief catchers made some sense
Makes sense at a party where you grind everybodys bud for them...trichome thief!
All of that kief still falls off and accumulates in the collection chamber of my BCG
This is the closest my BCG gets to being cleaned, that last bowl before a BCG refill is usually pretty good, like this baller load,
1666499575112-jpg.41379

I ripped out the mesh in my 4 piece 88mm SpaceCase grinder soon after buying a rosin press, hard to beat proper concentrates (I had no success pressing kief)

thehippie

Company Rep
Interested in something unique? I would like to introduce our Rocket Plus Keychain Grinder.

the-rocket-multi-functionial-grinder.jpg

It is a sophisticated multifunctional keychain.
  • The top part functions as a grinder.
  • The second part is a carrying container, filled with the grounded herbs.
  • The bottom part twists off, and it can be used as a telescopic, one-hitter pipe.
  • By removing the pipe and cap you can use the funnel on the bottom of the chamber to fill up any portable vaporizer.

Top Bottom