Herb Grinders

Shadooz

@justcametomind I can't find a lot about the stona..
Only @Complexity and @junny89 have it and discuss slighlty in another thread

I just switched to the more coarser plate in my Stona grinder. Hopefully it helps with less little bits when cleaning out. It's a PITA at times to clean out...
And only the grinder appeal me, not the expensive jar.. and i have doubt about the wood pusher

justcametomind

And only the grinder appeal me, not the expensive jar.. and i have doubt about the wood pusher
Me neither about Stona.
I am familiarizing with the Taffée Bowle. It comes with a 3 piece plastic grinder with capsule filling. Lots of weed get stuck to the walls of the grinder. Even if I’ll get a metal grinder or the Stona, I’d constantly have to brush the walls to collect my ground material. Every grinder on the planet is built with whole buds in mind as starting material and I'm not reassured I'll get a good result with my partially pre-ground weed. Maybe it’s better if I just learn not to grind too much with my plastic grinder and brush it after every use to collect everything.
If I had to grind moist whole buds I'd need a specific grinder, but since it's quite the opposite, I'll try be satisfied with S&B plastic grinders for now.

Last edited:
justcametomind,
Reactions: Vitolo

Shadooz

It has a 3 piece plastic grinder with capsule filling. Lots of weed remains stuck to the walls of the grinder and imho even if I’ll get a metal grinder or the Stona, I’d constantly have to brush the walls to collect my ground material.
Why i'm still perplex about the 3 pieces grinder. Their auto-emptying is tempting but won't know if the grind will be enough. With all my test, fine grind do really better, i need all calyx to be crushed, shredded, cut.. and a 2 pieces like the storz do that really well

Last edited:
And true, they are very different, and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to grab both, but given the price point it seems like a lot to spend on multiple grinders when I think I only need one. I'm thinking I will just wait until you and the rest of the people waiting on the UM receive their units to see how they fare

Ha, I was very tempted to do the same, wait on Shit Snacks to review the FM vs UM, as I had personally narrowed it down to those two. But then I threw caution to the wind and went for the UM. I just considered the amazing amount of design and machining put into it, it may cost more but the value is so high.

I'm still very much looking forward to the comparison review to see if I'll have to spend even more picking up an FM to satisfy.

Ha, I was very tempted to do the same, wait on Shit Snacks to review the FM vs UM, as I had personally narrowed it down to those two. But then I threw caution to the wind and went for the UM. I just considered the amazing amount of design and machining put into it, it may cost more but the value is so high.

I'm still very much looking forward to the comparison review to see if I'll have to spend even more picking up an FM to satisfy.
LOL glad I am not the only one who tends to sit one the fence and get caught up learning about more and more gear! I've made it this far so I'm just going to wait it out, but I will be looking forward to reading your review on the UM!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Comparison with the Flower Mill (and a comparison of the different FM plates) coming sometime this month.

20130725-232708.jpg

:D:D:D

justcametomind

I just ordered a Stona, I will post my reactions as soon as it arrives. Not much experience with grinders but at least I have a MFLB fine grinder to compare with.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I just ordered a Stona, I will post my reactions as soon as it arrives. Not much experience with grinders but at least I have a MFLB fine grinder to compare with.

The MFLB fine grinder is a very unique grinder, designed for a very specific purpose. I have one, and I don't see how it can really be compared to any other grinder.

justcametomind

The MFLB fine grinder is a very unique grinder, designed for a very specific purpose. I have one, and I don't see how it can really be compared to any other grinder.
Stona grinder has a similar design, it works like a grater as the Mflb’s does , on a larger scale.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Last edited:

PharaohJ

Popping into this thread to ask for a recommendation. Currently I'm using a Kozo from Amazon, and it's beginning to get clogged. With 4/20 coming up I'm assuming companies will be running sales, and I should have extra fun money.

I see a lot of love for the Brilliant Cut, and it seems to live up to the hype. Unfortunately the wait time on this seems just a bit too long. As for my needs: I'm more on the higher tolerance side, so I'd like something that holds at least 1.5g. I have large hands so I'd like something bigger and easy to turn. I vape exclusively at home, and would like something durable. Right now I'm leaning toward a 3 piece, though all my grinders have been 4 pieces. Finally, of course I'd like something that produces a fluffy medium grind.

What I'm currently considering:

1. Herb Ripper XL: This is my #1 choice at the moment but also the most expensive. At the moment this is on the wait for a sale list. Does anyone know if they do go on sale for 4/20?

2. Large SCS: Well known for a reason, seems to do everything I need. Not sure about how often this needs cleaning?

3. Mendo Mulcher 3": This thing looks giant and durable as all hell... unfortunately all the reviews I see on this are pretty mixed. Some people say they've had it for a decade and it's awesome, others say it's the worst grinder ever... I assume the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Also a 4 piece but not a big deal.

4. SLX 2.5: Surprised by how much love this grinder got on the pages I read through on here! Other places seem to look at this as a lesser option but this is a lot of people's favorite. This is also a four pieces

5. Superweapon: The cheapest grinder on my list but by no means the least. This is another that gets a lot of love on this fourm. Everything I see on this grinder seems like it competes with 'preimum' grinders. I'm curious on what the grind is like on this? Every picture I've seen has a plate labeled coarse on it but everything I've read says it's a medium grind?

6. Phoenician: I love the look of these and the large seems right up my alley. They seem to be perpetually out of stock and I've heard that they break easily? Also not sure about the grind quality of these.

So these are my top choices. Hopefully you guys can help me zero in on a single choice. I had no idea there were so many options for great grinders. If anyone has anything else to suggest I'm all ears...or I guess all eyes lol.

BestBuds

The Dude
Popping into this thread to ask for a recommendation. Currently I'm using a Kozo from Amazon, and it's beginning to get clogged. With 4/20 coming up I'm assuming companies will be running sales, and I should have extra fun money.

I see a lot of love for the Brilliant Cut, and it seems to live up to the hype. Unfortunately the wait time on this seems just a bit too long. As for my needs: I'm more on the higher tolerance side, so I'd like something that holds at least 1.5g. I have large hands so I'd like something bigger and easy to turn. I vape exclusively at home, and would like something durable. Right now I'm leaning toward a 3 piece, though all my grinders have been 4 pieces. Finally, of course I'd like something that produces a fluffy medium grind.

1. Herb Ripper XL: This is my #1 choice at the moment but also the most expensive. At the moment this is on the wait for a sale list. Does anyone know if they do go on sale for 4/20?

2. Large SCS: Well known for a reason, seems to do everything I need. Not sure about how often this needs cleaning?

3. Mendo Mulcher 3": This thing looks giant and durable as all hell... unfortunately all the reviews I see on this are pretty mixed. Some people say they've had it for a decade and it's awesome, others say it's the worst grinder ever... I assume the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Also a 4 piece but not a big deal.

4. SLX 2.5: Surprised by how much love this grinder got on the pages I read through on here! Other places seem to look at this as a lesser option but this is a lot of people's favorite. This is also a four pieces

5. Superweapon: The cheapest grinder on my list but by no means the least. This is another that gets a lot of love on this fourm. Everything I see on this grinder seems like it competes with 'preimum' grinders. I'm curious on what the grind is like on this? Every picture I've seen has a plate labeled coarse on it but everything I've read says it's a medium grind?

6. Phoenician: I love the look of these and the large seems right up my alley. They seem to be perpetually out of stock and I've heard that they break easily? Also not sure about the grind quality of these.

So these are my top choices. Hopefully you guys can help me zero in on a single choice. I had no idea there were so many options for great grinders. If anyone has anything else to suggest I'm all ears...or I guess all eyes lol.
Large size Brilliant Cut.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@PharaohJ I got a purple SLX v2.5 and it shed purple onto qtips...even after repeated use and washes. They sent a replacement and that was the same...look elsewhere to be safe.
My 88mm (3.5") Space Case is great for larger hands but does need a deep clean every 3 to 6 months with heavy use.
The large (but still small) BCG would be my pick even with the wait.:2c:

SquirrelMaster

If stainless steel is top of your features list then the HerbRipper is a very nice grinder. I have the OG XL and the new one is an improvement for not jamming up. They're extremely durable but don't slice through material quite like a BCG which is effortless. There's also the United Machining stainless steel grinder which is on preorder and will ship at the end of the month. All magnetic design with a different way of achieving multiple grind consistencies. I've heard good things about the SCS but if I'm choosing an aluminum grinder I don't see how anything is worth getting over the BCG, it really is that good. The XL is getting rave reviews as expected and is something I've been waiting a long time to order.

So in your situation if you're stuck on the HR and are going to wait until 420 for a sale then I'll let you know that the BCG which also goes on sale for 420 (10% off) is on sale with the code TROYANDJERRY right now (10% off). The wait is listed as 7 weeks but that still puts you nearly 3 weeks ahead of even ordering another grinder for 420. I have an Amber on the way with the medium plate that I was waiting for their next sale to jump at.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
@PharaohJ I got a purple SLX v2.5 and it shed purple onto qtips...even after repeated use and washes. They sent a replacement and that was the same...look elsewhere to be safe.
My 88mm (3.5") Space Case is great for larger hands but does need a deep clean every 3 to 6 months with heavy use.
The large (but still small) BCG would be my pick even with the wait.:2c:
Maybe it’s the dye in the coating? I have not had a problem with the green one. But, I remember having a problem with Super Weapon 2, with the metal flaking. I have the V3 version of that, it is ok, but not entirely sold on it. Hopefully, they will come out with a new version 4? I just can’t justify spending over $75 for a grinder, right now. Trying to be careful with funds....scary times..... I have a large SC 2 piece that is 3” inch, SLX 2.5, Super Weapon 3, Space Case medium, Trees and a cheap small steel one ( that is really good for a small grind for a bowl). Plus, there is always the coffee grinder.

Top Bottom