Herb Grinders

SmokingElectricity

chucku said:
Smoking,

Unless Sharpstone and Cali Crusher are owned under the same corporate umbrella. Like VW, Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Lamborgini......

maybe...

but lets entertain that thought for a minute. most domestic cars have foreign parts inside of them.

what if all space case grinders and stash cases are not made in the good ole usa???

would explain the different logo's and engravings etc etc.

SmokingElectricity,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The man at One Souce, told me as we hung up, he was going down to the Space Case plant "right now" to grab my gaskets. (Or was that meant to "throw me off"... a smoke screen?)

Vitolo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Vitolo said:
The man at One Souce, told me as we hung up, he was going down to the Space Case plant "right now" to grab my gaskets. (Or was that meant to "throw me off"... a smoke screen?)

Make note of the return address, if any, when you get your gaskets. A field trip may be in order for those in the area.

chucku,

Vitolo

Vaporist
chucku said:
Make note of the return address, if any, when you get your gaskets. A field trip may be in order for those in the area.
A soul after my own heart... good thinking! :ninja:

Vitolo,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i'm must be doin' sumthin wrong, how come I've never had to clean my grinder?

I mean, does that mean I don't vape as much as the next guy? or is there something about how i'm doing it differently?

replaced one had all it's teeth knocked out, but the worst i've had to do is chip a few flakes off the teflon ring on the old one...?

VWFringe,

Vitolo

Vaporist
With time, and depending on the variety of strains you grind, you will find stickiness in palces that prevent smooth turning. Inside this builds up also. I brush the inside (except for pollen area) after each use... but the sticking still happens after a time.
You could be a more "tidy" grinder, or have been using herb of just the right dryness to not buld up... but sooner or later there will be built up accumulations of sticky dust in corners, and at very least around the "turning surfaces".
Any new grinder should be cleaned before you even start, to remove factory residues.
After that a newly cleaned grinder can work for me from anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before I start doing maintenance.
I use Iso around the contact sliding surfaces and kind of brush up the inside dry.
After a couple of months, that will not be enough, if I keep grinding "the good stuff", and I will need to clean it properly.
P.S.- you asked, "does that mean I don't vape as much as the next guy". It is not how much you vape... it is that you get maximum pleasure out of it every time!
It's hard to compare quantitatively, as our medication needs vary. Some enjoy it best twice a day.
I personally figure it is time to vape, if I exhale, and see no vapor! :lol:

Vitolo,

turtles

as someone who prefers to just vape without separating and collecting the kief, whats the best 2 piece grinder?
At a local dispensary a gentleman had a really nice 2 piece acrylic grinder but that was 3 or 4 inches in diameter, but I cant find a similar one anywhere. It got the medicine way finer than the grinder i got at a local head shop, if I hold it upside down for awhile I can get a good consistency, but still not even as good as he did.

turtles,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Vitolo said:
I like a 2 piece space case small (for what you described as your "style")

get a 2 piece space case, small or medium. you will not be disappointed.
look around the "general" section here for recommended retailers offering a discount code.
if you are set on acrylic, the volcano grinder is reported to be excellent and unique. i just received one in the mail from a site called "the vapor experts"
i'll probably have an opportunity tonight to test it out. if i like it i'll post something about it..

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
WatTyler said:
VapeHead.com said:
EDIT: hmm can't get images working, check out the TGR thread for pics

Sounds good- I like my volcano grinder results a lot too- I'd love to see- but I can't see the pics even there. I think you have to register with TGR (and I don't like giving my email out to too many grass sites- just paranoid :uhoh: - i know it's daft). Any chance they could be put up elsewhere?

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=181
:peace:

Just tried my new volcano grinder and I like it very much. Not sure yet, but perhaps it does grind more finely than the space case however it seems that it works best one bud at a time since there's little depth to it. Personally that's not an issue to me. Regardless this has to be among the best of the very cheap grinders. Wonder how best to clean it though since it's acrylic. Soon I'll take some photos of the grind from both the space case and the volcano given the same three turns from the same strain, I think the photos will prove to be interesting.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

you cant really since alcohol would corrode it but nothing else can really clean well and be safe to the grinders material. glad to hear it really works well though i didnt believe a plastic grinder could do much

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
it's a very impressive grinder for what it is. not important but i also like the orange color.
agree about alcohol but possibly vinegar is the answer. it does penetrate through grime and i don't think it would cause corrosion.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

hmm, I would look into it further before experimenting with the plastic, it seems not many places sell that particularly grinder if Im correct

Nycdeisel,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Yeah mine is totally discolored from alcohol soaking--even brief soaking. It kind of looks like one of those orange cream candies with the white-orangish swirl. Still grinds... plastic still holds... just has that cloudy look to one of the halves now.

but yes, best plastic grinder around. And cost efficient... and the little storage spot is nice too. Kind of a bummer Storez and Bickel don't offer it on their website... you'd think they would. But that volcano grind is comparable to a coffee grinder grind, just not quite as fine as the coffee grinder.

My 3 grinders... and you can kind of see the discoloration in the plastic... sorry abut the all-too-powerful cellphone flash ha.

SC = great for J's and combustion and pre-grind (if nugs are real dense)

Volcano = great for volcano, also great for MFLB.

Cosmic = MFLB, and on-the-go grinding. Also works with volcano, but because of the small size, it's easier to break up larger volcano loads in the volcano grinder... The cosmic is my most-used grinder.

25g73n7.jpg

wake n blake,
Buying an easyleaf grinder UK. (Merged)

Does anyone know a good site to buy the 2/3 piece Easyleaf herb grinders from? I've used Google to death but they're all too expensive or the sites look too sketchy or it's not in stock. It's surprising as it's a pretty awesome grinder but the only one I've ever used was bought by a friend of a friend in Amsterdam.

Dr. Boomstick,

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK... Mystery solved.
Space Case themselves are made by an American machine shop owned independently, and customer service handled at the phone # provided. It was explained that there is no need to have further information about the company, as all questions can be answered by the distributor where you got your grinder.
The Space Case Warranty # is still 949.515.9622
They answer promptly, and I discussed what I needed. I received my parts within a week, enclosed in a cute "Smelly Proof" bag.
My Gaskets did not cost anything, but fell under the Space Case Lifetime Warranty.
Photoon2011-06-29at1014.jpg

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Any cheaper alternatives to Space Cases? Good lord these things are pricey.. Looking for a 3 or 4 piece good quality grinder.

tranceporter,

Nycdeisel

3 pieces are usually crap(few are made by quality brands), so ist 2 or 4 piece.

2 pieces are really better for vaporizing as you can choose how fine or coarse you would like to grind, unlike with 4 pieces that have holes that the weed falls through once it reaches a certain size.

Space Case is worth it, I have a friend who just bought an $80 4 piece from SC and NOW realizes why it was worth every penny, its the fucking quality!! the quality really justifies the price IMO and IME(own 2 SC grinders, might get one more)

Nycdeisel,
Nycdeisel said:
2 pieces are really better for vaporizing as you can choose how fine or coarse you would like to grind, unlike with 4 pieces that have holes that the weed falls through once it reaches a certain size.

With a 4 piece grinder, one can simply flip the grinder upside down to grind the herb finer.

Nycdeisel said:
Space Case is worth it

I completely agree, Space Case is quality and pretty much indestructible. Look at it like an investment, a Space Case will last a lifetime

Fly by Night,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Get the regular chrome SCs if you go SC... I spent extra on the black/titanium coating... it chips and scratches... don't waste the money.

wake n blake,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
DrPiff said:
Any cheaper alternatives to Space Cases? Good lord these things are pricey.. Looking for a 3 or 4 piece good quality grinder.

Fear not, DrPiff, there are loads of cheaper comparable alternatives to Space cases. It's a myth that you have to spend lots to get a good grinder IME.

I've gone through it must be over 15 grinders now and haven't found any direct correlation between price and grind quality output. I'm all about the results- it's why I grind :lol: - and I've even found cheap plastic grinders to give a better result than some metal CNC grinders. But they aren't as nice to hold and use of course. Space cases are nice to own and use- well engineered, feels 'silky' and made to tight tolerances, but arguably over kill for grinding buds. Of course, it depends on your priorities and many like to own top quality brands simply for it's own sake. They are pretty tough, and lifetime guaranteed, but by far the biggest threat to my grinders is being lost rather than damaged or broken IME, so it doesn't really represent an investment for me in that respect. Depends on your lifestyle. :2c:

Just take a quick look back through a few of these pages and you'll find heaps more reasonably priced alternatives.

WatTyler,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
hmm, I would look into it further before experimenting with the plastic, it seems not many places sell that particularly grinder if Im correct

yeah i intend to and you're right, it was difficult to find. i'll probably be grinding some bud tomorrow or friday; i'll try and remember to photograph the space case/volcano comparison - i think you'll see a difference.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
DrPiff said:

chromium crusher.

jeffp,
Top Bottom