• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Healthy Rips Rogue

vapeape77

That does suck man… the Edge is a better device??? My second one is a year old now, HR is taking a hit here considering the error reports posted over and over again on the Rogue. Why would someone pay $50 over the Edge to go to the Post Office 4x, plus I can hold my Edge between two fingers and drink my coffee with the same hand🤣

I have had the Fury Edge for a few months and am happy with it. I use it solo with the stock mouthpiece and dosing capsules. The instruction manual says to fill the chamber "at least" halfway, and while I have never done it, I expect you could also fill a dosing capsule halfway if you wanted to, without any issue.

I fill the dosing capsules with a very loose pack and find that this is good for two sessions of 3-4 hits each. The first two hits are flavorful, and then it is progressively more "popcorn" taste. I can't accurately weigh how much I'm loading, but it is a very small amount of cannabis. If you put it in an old school pipe, you'd probably get a single medium sized hit.

HR says you can leave cannabis in the device in between sessions without adverse effect, which seems true in my experience (and it would be hard to quantify if pulling out the capsule and trying to cool it would make a difference to my second session). I do, however, turn off the device just as I am starting my last hit and find I can still get a decent hit with the remaining heat, and that probably cools things a little. That said, I'm sure the dosing capsule and chamber would be far too hot to touch even after I do this, so open question whether degradation is occurring. But my second session does get me high, FWIW.

PS: the glass bead trick is putting the beads in the stock mouthpiece, not the dosing capsule, to help cool the vapor. I think you could just under load the dosing capsule without needing to do anything else, ie you don't need to add anything to fill the capsule, it should work fine half full.
Come in man don’t double toast the flower, all the terps and most the thc are gone on your first go! Waste of battery too

Last edited:
Hi! Thank you for your input! We apologize that you received a replacement device that falsely triggered the protect mode. However, we did not want our clients to be without a device for an extended period of time, and we did our best to accommodate them with replacements as we were performing the necessary adjustments/updates during our extensive testing process. If you received your replacement device on August 2nd, that would have been a device that was updated around July 20th. Our testing and adjusting/updating process has since been ongoing until we reached a point where we were no longer experiencing any false PCB protect triggers. Please understand that this process takes thousands of hours and thousands of cycles to ensure that our adjustments/updates are 100% effective and reliable on all of our devices. As opposed to a single major adjustment/update that could cause us to work backwards, we felt that it was wise to make incremental adjustments until the protections were no longer tripping false triggers. This is by far the best and most reliable strategy for the long term as our protection triggers are designed for the safety of our clients.

We completed our final adjustments/update at the beginning of this month and have tested numerous updated ROGUE devices for a combined thousands of hours and cycles - and we have been completely successful at eliminating the false protection triggers as we stated in our previous post. We strive for 100% client satisfaction, please contact us: customerservice@healthyrips.com.

Have an amazing day!
Healthy Rips Team
I have no idea what you are blathering on about so stopped reading right after you said I received a replacement device. I never received a replacement device nor did I ever claim to. In your haste to respond to my post and get your company message out you appear to have neglected to fully read what I actually wrote or had some issue comprehending it. I ordered a second, net-new unit (because I'm clearly an idiot) from a well known retailer that carries your product (among others) that was delivered on 8/2. The first unit, ordered the day HR opened up ordering, broke 2 months after receiving it. This 2nd unit didn't even make 3 weeks. I'll just say you and I have very different ideas as to what constitutes progress but I learned some time ago that we need to accept we live in an age of diminished expectations. Good luck to you. Time to go Mighty shopping I guess. Kicking myself for buying all those pricey capsules now, LOL.

vapeape77

I have no idea what you are blathering on about so stopped reading right after you said I received a replacement device. I never received a replacement device nor did I ever claim to. In your haste to respond to my post and get your company message out you appear to have neglected to fully read what I actually wrote or had some issue comprehending it. I ordered a second, net-new unit (because I'm clearly an idiot) from a well known retailer that carries your product (among others) that was delivered on 8/2. The first unit, ordered the day HR opened up ordering, broke 2 months after receiving it. This 2nd unit didn't even make 3 weeks. I'll just say you and I have very different ideas as to what constitutes progress but I learned some time ago that we need to accept we live in an age of diminished expectations. Good luck to you. Time to go Mighty shopping I guess. Kicking myself for buying all those pricey capsules now, LOL.
Copy paste copy paste….. only others that ramble on are high as a hell😂

Vape_Or_Die420

I recommend reading a post in full before replying. If you had you would know that you clearly received both your vapes before the newest version that claims to have fixed the problem was released. Simple.

Also, your device was under warranty. Why would you buy another one instead of exchange? I dont think that @HealthyRips.com understood that when they replied. Hell, i dont understand why one would waste hard earned dollars this way.

You were an early adopter to a newly released vape. Shit happens almost every time. So now, going to get a Mighty? Great vape that also had MANY issues for first adopters and still sometimes does, 7 years later. Brave soldiers just like you bought a mighty or crafty and got fucked for being an early adopter, i had the 724th Mighty:wave:.

Maybe wait a few months after a vape is released to buy next time. Let the kinks get worked out before impulse buying. Or just buy a third if money is no problem.

The company seems to have taken care of the issues. I would exchange for new.

Last edited:
I recommend reading a post in full before replying. If you had you would know that you clearly received both your vapes before the newest version that claims to have fixed the problem was released. Simple.

Also, your device was under warranty. Why would you buy another one instead of exchange? I dont think that @HealthyRips.com understood that when they replied. Hell, i dont understand why one would waste hard earned dollars this way.

You were an early adopter to a newly released vape. Shit happens almost every time. So now, going to get a Mighty? Great vape that also had MANY issues for first adopters and still sometimes does, 7 years later. Brave soldiers just like you bought a mighty or crafty and got fucked for being an early adopter, i had the 724th Mighty:wave:.

Maybe wait a few months after a vape is released to buy next time. Let the kinks get worked out before impulse buying. Or just buy a third if money is no problem.

The company seems to have taken care of the issues. I would exchange for new.
No. HR flack came on here and said I had a faulty replacement device. Simply not true. Now that you've put it in to perspective so clearly, though, you are right - it's entirely my fault, and not HR's, for buying from them. That was the message right? Buying something new is stupid and the fault of the buyer and never of the party selling equipment they know is faulty (else why need to invest thousands of hours, as claimed, to fix it)? Got it, thanks for the help.

vapeape77

The standard in the vape industry are pretty low when it’s common place to return a newly released vape and wear a badge of honor in the process ….

I don’t buy a new coffee maker thinking, shit man I hope I’m not gonna have to return this one. Just sayin….

Bazinga

I had a similar situation with the 2nd Tinymight I bought. They, unlike HR would not respond to the many emails I sent them about the dead device. I finally gave up after 2 months of no response and tossed the device in the trash. Soon after that TM sent me an apologetic email and stated they were going to send a new unit. They did so. It is a great product and the trouble I had was soon forgotten.

I completely understand your frustration !!

It appears that HR has been responsive (as they always seem to be). Although the first production run leaves a lot to be desired, perhaps you should let HR replace yourdevices. The Mighty is significantly more money while the Fury/Rogue, IMHO gives the best bang for the buck.

Good luck and please post the final outcome.

I had a similar situation with the 2nd Tinymight I bought. They, unlike HR would not respond to the many emails I sent them about the dead device. I finally gave up after 2 months of no response and tossed the device in the trash. Soon after that TM sent me an apologetic email and stated they were going to send a new unit. They did so. It is a great product and the trouble I had was soon forgotten.

I completely understand your frustration !!

It appears that HR has been responsive (as they always seem to be). Although the first production run leaves a lot to be desired, perhaps you should let HR replace yourdevices. The Mighty is significantly more money while the Fury/Rogue, IMHO gives the best bang for the buck.

Good luck and please post the final outcome.
Thanks for actual constructive input (and glad you got eventual joy on your TM). I have already reached out to the retailer from whom I bought the second unit. The response I received from HR after buying the first unit directly from them when I reported my issue left me . . . underwhelmed. Rather than continue to be disappointed with their response I chose to just move on and deal with someone different in case I had an issue (obviously hoping I wouldn't). I know people here give rave reviews to HR for their customer service, simply wasn't my experience, so I chose to no longer deal with them directly as they were entirely too aggravating and unhelpful.

vapeape77

Thanks for actual constructive input (and glad you got eventual joy on your TM). I have already reached out to the retailer from whom I bought the second unit. The response I received from HR after buying the first unit directly from them when I reported my issue left me . . . underwhelmed. Rather than continue to be disappointed with their response I chose to just move on and deal with someone different in case I had an issue (obviously hoping I wouldn't). I know people here give rave reviews to HR for their customer service, simply wasn't my experience, so I chose to no longer deal with them directly as they were entirely too aggravating and unhelpful.
Lol don’t step to mighty, IMO the thing feels/looks like it’s meant for a 3 year old to play with. I only use it at 5am in child safe mode 😭

badbee

@Karl_in_Chicago , I can see why you are a little irritated but in fairness I've never heard of a single case of this error that HR refused to replace. Should you have to deal with replacements, no, but shit happens. Your second unit came from a retailer which means you don't know what construction batch it came from, likely that same first run with the problems. It would have made more sense to deal directly with HR.

If this continues to happen from newly made, note that's newly made not newly purchased, units we know HR isn't being straight. Other than that what else can they do but replace the problem units as they are reported? You could demand they recall the entire production run but that just isn't realistic. Car makers let a problem kill dozens of people before they do a recall. They rarely issue recalls for problems that aren't at least potentially fatal. For the record I'm not a particular fan of HR and don't own any of their products because all my vapes are full convection.

vapeape77

Haha it is kinda true with the battery vapes, pretty much first runs are returns. all my vapes which aren’t many

Alfa, Pax 2, Mighty, Edge… first run duds…

Dynavap M20, Sticky Brick Jr first runs aok

Edit: My sisters first run Edge is still going strong, so maybe it just my luck in the end☘️

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

@Karl_in_Chicago we have a rule about company bashing that you are very close to (if not already) breaking.

• Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
    • Please do not revisit an issue unless you have helpful information or constructive comments to add.
    • Use of the forum to blackmail companies will not be tolerated.
    • Posts in this regard will be evaluated based on perceived intent.
You might also want to re-read the forum rules and pay close attention to the "Be Nice" part.

I would suggest that you reach out to HR one more time and see if they can make things right. Feel free to update the thread once the issue has been resolved, but please do not continue posting in this thread about how much you dislike HR. Any further posts similar to the ones above will earn you a warning point, thread ban or both.

Thank you for your cooperation.

:peace:

sesh732

Imaginable
HR replaced my faulty rogue. It took about a week after arriving at their facility to get it to me on the east coast. The new unit includes all new accessories and retail box and doesn't appear to be refurbished or repaired. It seems to heat a little more slowly but I'm fine with that if it's more reliable...I power up the rogue before I put in my flower so there's usually no wait time.

Max temp in the new unit doesn't seem quite as hot as it was on the old faulty unit, so now I go to 430F if I want a huge rip or to finish off a bowl instead of 420F on the old unit.

Just like the old one, this new rogue is giving me excellent extraction ending with a uniform color, and really fast in one big rip if I crank it up.

On another note, I've been using my new MVS stem in the rogue's accessory slot, swapping out my dynavap tip. It's great for cooling. Anyone else try that? It doubles the price of the rogue 😬so I wouldn't say it's essential unless you're a dyna fan with disposable income. Cheers!

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Well, I have joined the “Protect” club!! Just as I was ready to finish a wonderful dose of Bombsicle. Thank goodness I had my trusty Edge. Just sent off a note to customer service and just wait for a response. I have faith that Healthy Rips will come through. The Rogue is probably my most favorite daily driver for pain management. Being that it is 2:40am on a Saturday morning, I don’t expect any response till Monday…….oh no, Labor Day is coming up!! Please HR come through for me 🙏.

According to tracking, they have my device, so we'll see what happens when the replacement comes in. The support has been helpful, but they screwed up here, and all the early adopters are footing the bill for shipping these devices back (getting extra accessories would make up for that IMO).

And yup, I knew I was taking a chance, but so far I am comfortable with my dealings with their support. We'll though, once I have a device in hand (and have used it a while again).

HealthyRippingBrian

Welp I've run into issues again BUT, the Healthy Rips team has always been forward and there for me.

My second unit was from BEFORE the production run that has been updated and since fixed the issues.

I feel it's not fair to hold it against HR considering it was from an early run haha.

So I removed my pics cause I just didn't want shock value of people like OMG LOOK IT HAPPENED AGAIN haha.

100% still the best vape on the market.

Good people.

And I wanna emphasize this as well, my recent Amazon purchase with a courier named Intelcom I had to call like 4-5 supervisors at Amazon and it still wasn't resolved.

One email to HR and they have actual feelings of care and solutions!

Last edited:

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I sent a email to support on early Saturday morning. I didn’t expect a reply so soon. I wrapped up my Rogue and will be sending it out tomorrow, Monday. I really like this vape and I am sure that HR will resolve the problem and return a new Rogue with no “Protect E08”. I understand that we were the first to try this out and there may be glitches. And I will certainly give HR kudos for recognizing the problem and doing something about it. Hopefully, I will get a new one for after Labor Day. I knew I was cutting it close. Oh well.✌️❤️🖖🥸

dodgy_b

Hey. Received my Rogue today. Looking forward to taking it for a spin later tonight. I'm sure this has been asked before but couldn't find it in search.

Was wondering the pros and cons of using capsules with and/or without the silicone gasket/screen. In particular with glass stems, not the mp.

I didn't try capsules with my Fury 2 so I've always used their devices with the gasket installed. Thx!

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Hey. Received my Rogue today. Looking forward to taking it for a spin later tonight. I'm sure this has been asked before but couldn't find it in search.

Was wondering the pros and cons of using capsules with and/or without the silicone gasket/screen. In particular with glass stems, not the mp.

I didn't try capsules with my Fury 2 so I've always used their devices with the gasket installed. Thx!
On my Edge, I use the silicone gasket but remove the screen for use with capsules. When not using capsules, I install the second gasket with screen in place.

You get slightly less draw resistance without the screen, when using the capsules.

Good luck!

HealthyRippingBrian

HR replaced my faulty rogue. It took about a week after arriving at their facility to get it to me on the east coast. The new unit includes all new accessories and retail box and doesn't appear to be refurbished or repaired. It seems to heat a little more slowly but I'm fine with that if it's more reliable...I power up the rogue before I put in my flower so there's usually no wait time.

Max temp in the new unit doesn't seem quite as hot as it was on the old faulty unit, so now I go to 430F if I want a huge rip or to finish off a bowl instead of 420F on the old unit.

Just like the old one, this new rogue is giving me excellent extraction ending with a uniform color, and really fast in one big rip if I crank it up.

On another note, I've been using my new MVS stem in the rogue's accessory slot, swapping out my dynavap tip. It's great for cooling. Anyone else try that? It doubles the price of the rogue 😬so I wouldn't say it's essential unless you're a dyna fan with disposable income. Cheers!

I had come across people saying the MVS stem fit, now I'm jealous of your setup 🤣😉

I like to turn it on while filling too, I actually have a little storage puck, I transfer from my grinder to the puck, and usually good for 1-2 days of pinch filling lol.

Good to hear you're back Healthy Ripping!

One of my favorite things about the Rogue is the accessory attachment.

I'm pretty sure Sneaky Pete mentioned it in the review, but just all the options that accessory attachment opens up for you, it's great.

Very cool!

Top Bottom