Healthy Rips Rogue

dotcodotuk

Here are my notes of improvement potential though:

2) I wish it would turn back on to lowest temp not last temp, I’m assuming most people might too if you temp step, sometimes I forget and just get two massive rips at max temp but it kills the bowl so fast I like starting at 165c and moving up to max slowly.
Literally my only annoyance with the Rogue. Coming from a Crafty+ the Rogue is surprisingly painful to use when it remembers its last setting.

Could we could have an option for always switching on to a set temperature, regardless of what was set to when turned off, please?

And maaaaaybe we could also choose to set the Up/Down buttons to cycle through presets rather than changing +/-1 degree?

Minor niggles aside, I absolutely adore my Rogue and have never enjoyed vaping more! Very satisfied customer.

Chronicele

Wow, had a draft ready to go with my (mostly positive) thoughts on the Rogue after 10 days and got hit with the "Protect E08" error today! Hopefully HR is quick about a replacement, but certainly concerned after seeing all the reports of this. Also bought in mid-July so not sure if this would be the "first production run".

Wow, had a draft ready to go with my (mostly positive) thoughts on the Rogue after 10 days and got hit with the "Protect E08" error today! Hopefully HR is quick about a replacement, but certainly concerned after seeing all the reports of this. Also bought in mid-July so not sure if this would be the "first production run".
Welcome to the club. Not that it's a club any of us wanted to be in but that's pretty much out of our control. Good luck to you!

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! You have our most sincere apologies if you have encountered this Protect issue - we would love more than anything to have zero issues with a new device. We are continuing to adjust our tolerance on the PC Board to resolve this issue that has affected some of our ROGUE devices. When developing a new product, we tend to initially go overboard with our protections to ensure that our clients have a 100% safe, reliable and effective device. If you experience an issue with your device, we will replace it. If you have any issues with your ROGUE whatsoever, please contact our customer service department for your options to receive a replacement device: customerservice@healthyrips.com. We will also continue to make the necessary adjustments to provide you with a ROGUE that will give you many years of trouble free enjoyment! You have our pledge and promise.

Sincerely,
Healthy Rips Team

wattup

Ouch to the people who have had failures :( I've had my Rogue for almost 6 weeks now, 6 capsules a night max temp through various glass pieces and it's been like robocop so far, just crushes it. I feel I'm just breaking it in now, getting attached, wanna name it and sanctify it all that good shit. :p

Edit: Like for example, I used the scraper/poker tool that came with the vape, to scrape the resin from the oring and WPA stem. I rolled it up into a hash ball and placed it into a 3/4 laden flower capsule with a just a little coarser grind than the usual. Max temp through glass I fucking hot boxed my entire room, it just kept pumping out vapour. The power of Rogue is amazing and even after a real workout she stays cooler than I remember the Edge did. Anyways can't feel my lips, night from Aus friends.

Last edited:

Texus

Hi All! You have our most sincere apologies if you have encountered this Protect issue - we would love more than anything to have zero issues with a new device. We are continuing to adjust our tolerance on the PC Board to resolve this issue that has affected some of our ROGUE devices. When developing a new product, we tend to initially go overboard with our protections to ensure that our clients have a 100% safe, reliable and effective device. If you experience an issue with your device, we will replace it. If you have any issues with your ROGUE whatsoever, please contact our customer service department for your options to receive a replacement device: customerservice@healthyrips.com. We will also continue to make the necessary adjustments to provide you with a ROGUE that will give you many years of trouble free enjoyment! You have our pledge and promise.

Sincerely,
Healthy Rips Team
Great to see a manufacturer response like this. Bravo!

iammyself

I just spend 23 days traveling, and had the Rogue as my only dry herb vape. It was great when I needed to sneak away for a quick bowl, the fast heat up time helped with that. Near the end of the trip I was trying to conserve the last little bit of flower to be sure I had enough, so it was great to be able to boost the temp up so high to fully extract what I had.

It was so nice, however, to get back home and have a bowl in the Mighty. The vapor is cooler, more flavorful, and just seems more full. The Rogue did its job admirably as a pocketable, more stealthy vape for quick and full extractions. It is definitely another useful tool in the belt that I'm happy to have at my disposal.

Bazinga

I just spend 23 days traveling, and had the Rogue as my only dry herb vape. It was great when I needed to sneak away for a quick bowl, the fast heat up time helped with that. Near the end of the trip I was trying to conserve the last little bit of flower to be sure I had enough, so it was great to be able to boost the temp up so high to fully extract what I had.

It was so nice, however, to get back home and have a bowl in the Mighty. The vapor is cooler, more flavorful, and just seems more full. The Rogue did its job admirably as a pocketable, more stealthy vape for quick and full extractions. It is definitely another useful tool in the belt that I'm happy to have at my disposal.
I feel the same way. I use capsules in the Mighty so cleaning the oven isn't any issue at all. When necessary I dismantle the mouthpiece and clean the appropriate parts in ISO. We have many vapes in rotation which means the Mighty gets rested. Hopefully, this will increase it's longevity. I would really like to see a new Mighty with replaceable batteries and maybe a glass mouthpiece attachment. The relatively long warmup doesn't bother me.

I keep repeating myself - IMHO the Rogue is still the best bang for the buck !!

Chronicele

I been loving my Rogue to the tune of a couple bowls a day all summer. Last night for the first time got the dreaded Protect 08 error and little/no heating. Any chance it will recover on its own, or should it go straight to warranty service?
I played around with mine quite a bit to see if I could get it working with no luck, curious if others were able to. I would probably send it in sooner rather than later, as it seems theres a bit of a turnaround time (mine arrived at their facility Thurs morn and haven't been updated yet).

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi! We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience! Contact our customer service and we will give you instructions on how to get your ROGUE replaced with a new device. Our turnaround time is pretty quick usually 1-3 days once we receive your device. Shipping services have been a bit inconsistent, so please be patient - you should have your replacement device within 7-10 business days once you ship it to us.
Contact us here: customerservice@healthyrips.com

Have an amazing day!
Healthy Rips Team

Last edited:

Chronicele

Wish I had some spares...both my Rogue and Plenty are broken currently :(

On the bright side, I reverted back to combustion bong rips for the time-being, and frankly don't miss it much...so much more tiring yet seems to make me sleep worse too, outside of just being worse for you.

HealthyRippingBrian

Sorry to everyone experiencing issues!

My replacement has been solid, hopefully that gives you all hope!

I noticed unless I'm just making it up in my head, but I'm pretty sure the replacement heats up a TINY bit slower.

Maybe the settings were tinkered with at HQ or a part was changed during manufacturing, all I know is its been solid regardless.

And by slower, I just mean it takes a bit longer to reach that point where it's matching your temperature as you increase it.

Whatever the changes, it seems solid, I'm back vaping.

To the person who went back to combustion bong rips lol I feel you, I was combusting for a bit when I went down, as my old vape sucked, it's definitely weird going full combustion again heh.

Also, I started only using my dosing caps on the go, but when at home or somewhere I have a table, I just fill the chamber with bud.

Been keeping her clean, and I Friggin love this damn machine.

Lifetime Rogue'r until the next HR device that comes with TWIN CHAMBER tornado vaping technology! 🌪️😜

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
@HealthyRips.com Probably a bad time to ask for the WPA that fits into the chamber, like the Fury 2 wpa... Lots of people like that all glass air path. :nod:
Hi! Not a bad time to ask at all. We would have to have considerable interest to justify the design and mass production of a glass piece that fits down into the ROGUE chamber. We will discuss this in our next team meeting :).

Have a wonderful day!
Healthy Rips Team

aron91

I've been using the Rogue for a little over a month now. I am delighted, I even wrote a short Rogue vs Mighty comparison, which I am posting below. Unfortunately yesterday this happened, first the Protect E20 error and now also E08. I wrote a message to Vapefully yesterday, still waiting for a reply.

Rogue vs Mighty:

After a long search for something more handy and portable, but at the same time not worse than Mighty, I chose Rogue.

If you like to do one huge session, Mighty is a slightly better choice. I like to sit down and take it easy and vape slowly, so for me the Rogue is the perfect choice. The Rogue chamber holds about 2-3x less herbs (I always use capsules) compared to the Mighty. The same amount of herbs in the Rogue you simply have to separate into 3-4 capsules/sessions, so the fun is longer. If you have the capsules prepared then swapping for fresh ones is about 5 seconds only, so it's not even uncomfortable. In addition, with capsules, the chamber of the vaporizer after a month is not dirty at all.

The Rogue is a device with noticeably more convective heating, you have to take long slow inhalations to get a lot of vapor. The Mighty's conduction heating produces so much vapor that it comes out of the mouthpiece on its own, you don't have to inhale hard at all. The vapor in the Mighty is noticeably cool. In the Rogue with a standard mouthpiece is warm but not hot (I personally prefer this).

The Rogue heats up in 15 seconds (the Mighty over a minute), and you can use it almost on-demand, as well as stop the session without wasting of herbs. To get a similar flavor and thick vapor, the Rogue needs to be set 10-15°C (50-60°F) lower in temperature. For example, the best temperature in the Mighty for me is 185°C (365°F), while in the Rogue it is 175°C (350°F). At 210°C (410°F) in Mighty the herbs turn brown, and in Rogue they are much darker, even almost burnt in places.

I am thrilled with the Rogue and at this point it is the better choice for me. However, I don't want to decide which device is better. They are certainly two strongly different devices, but both equally good.

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes, I don't use English on a daily basis.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
I've been using the Rogue for a little over a month now. I am delighted, I even wrote a short Rogue vs Mighty comparison, which I am posting below. Unfortunately yesterday this happened, first the Protect E20 error and now also E08. I wrote a message to Vapefully yesterday, still waiting for a reply.

Rogue vs Mighty:

After a long search for something more handy and portable, but at the same time not worse than Mighty, I chose Rogue.

If you like to do one huge session, Mighty is a slightly better choice. I like to sit down and take it easy and vape slowly, so for me the Rogue is the perfect choice. The Rogue chamber holds about 2-3x less herbs (I always use capsules) compared to the Mighty. The same amount of herbs in the Rogue you simply have to separate into 3-4 capsules/sessions, so the fun is longer. If you have the capsules prepared then swapping for fresh ones is about 5 seconds only, so it's not even uncomfortable. In addition, with capsules, the chamber of the vaporizer after a month is not dirty at all.

The Rogue is a device with noticeably more convective heating, you have to take long slow inhalations to get a lot of vapor. The Mighty's conduction heating produces so much vapor that it comes out of the mouthpiece on its own, you don't have to inhale hard at all. The vapor in the Mighty is noticeably cool. In the Rogue with a standard mouthpiece is warm but not hot (I personally prefer this).

The Rogue heats up in 15 seconds (the Mighty over a minute), and you can use it almost on-demand, as well as stop the session without wasting of herbs. To get a similar flavor and thick vapor, the Rogue needs to be set 10-15°C (50-60°F) lower in temperature. For example, the best temperature in the Mighty for me is 185°C (365°F), while in the Rogue it is 175°C (350°F). At 210°C (410°F) in Mighty the herbs turn brown, and in Rogue they are much darker, even almost burnt in places.

I am thrilled with the Rogue and at this point it is the better choice for me. However, I don't want to decide which device is better. They are certainly two strongly different devices, but both equally good.

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes, I don't use English on a daily basis.

Hi! We take safety very seriously. We rigorously tested our ROGUE for several months prior to releasing it for sale to the public. On a new device, we set the protection triggers on the extremely sensitive side to ensure a safe and successful new product launch. Our testing did not trigger our devices to enter protect mode, so we confidently released our ROGUE for sale. With thousands of ROGUE devices in the hands of our clients, a few have been affected with the protect mode safety trigger. We realize that this has caused some inconvenience for those who have been affected, and you have our most sincere apologies. However, we do believe that it is a better in the long term to be overly cautious with a new device. If you experience this, or any other issue, we request only the body of the device to be returned to be replaced with a complete ROGUE package. I.e. Client returns the ROGUE body only and receives a complete updated replacement including all the parts and accessories - therefore, the client ends up with an extra mouthpiece, accessories attachment, smell/protective cover, tool/cleaning kit, etc.

This Protect message can be triggered by any of the following battery protections that we have on every device that we manufacture: Low voltage protection, over voltage protection, over current protection, short circuit protection, open circuit protection, overheat protection, reset protection, lithium polymer battery overcharge & over-discharge protection. We have made a few adjustments to our PC Board to prevent this from happening going forward. If you experience any issue with your device and are in the USA, please contact us directly: customerservice@healthyrips.com. We are always here for you :). (If you purchased your device from one of our partners outside the USA, please contact them for the same service).

Have a wonderful day!

Healthy Rips Team

Top Bottom