• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Healthy Rips Rogue

Skinku

Well, the third print was a charm, contrary to Mathematics this Thingiverse model at 115% scale works.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I‘ve been able to put the Rogue through its paces for awhile now and I am happily finding it to work just as well as the Edge with a few small differences.
I tend to temp step - starting at 355F, 375F, 395F and finally 425F. Each temp gets its own 5 minute session if I am not microdosing. And to be honest, now that I am out of testing mode, I probably won’t go above 395F - personal preference.

Most of these observations also go for the Edge, but the Rogue deserves to have its own list:

Pros:
- It heats up extremely fast for a session vape (less than 30 seconds for pretty much any temp) - often times I am still adjusting temp when it reaches target temp!!
- Super easy to use, no special techniques needed, never need to stir to get even cooking
- Flexible use cases: Easy to pass around in group setting or use alone
- Big range in amounts you can use:
+ I can vape a reasonably small amount (0.065 g) and still get nice vapor + effects
+ Or a large amount (0.300 g) and keep flavor for awhile + great efficiency
- Airflow is free flowing (As long as you don’t pack super tight)
- Exceptionally efficient for a session vape. I am able to get 4 to 5 5-minute spread out sessions from one bowl when I use at least 0.150 g
- Very easy to maintain
- Visible, big clouds
- Small, pocketable, easy to bring along in almost any user case
- Battery is great - able to consistently get 12-13 5 minute sessions off one charge

Cons:
- While the flavor is good for the first few hits (and even the entire first session with a good amount), the flavor drops off quickly after that
- The accessory attachment is a little tricky to get used to removing/putting in place, but once you get it down, pretty brainless
- Compared to the Edge, it doesn’t perform as well with microdosing (under .050 g) - don’t get me wrong, still better than most session vapes but the Edge handles the smaller amounts better (in clouds, vapor and efficiency)
- While battery life is excellent, when I look back at notes when I first got Edge, I was able to get same number of sessions, so doesn’t seem like the battery life has improved. I should also mention that having the Edge since it launched, I can still get 7-8 5 min sessions out of it, which is still better than most new vapes.

One other thing to note on Rogue vs Edge:
When I tested the same amount and strain in both vapes I usually found that I could get several more hits from the Edge than the Rogue - especially in the smaller amounts.
What does that mean?
Maybe that the Rogue oven is more powerful and therefore allows you to consume more in less hits
- or - possibly that you can drag out a sip session for longer with the Edge.
I’m not sure which is better - that is a personal preference for sure.

Bottom line, I am extremely happy with my Rogue, and I will continue to happily recommend more than any other vape I own.
For the price, for the size, for the performance, it is outstanding!

Hope this info helps - I am happy to get into more nitty gritty details since I am a testing nerd with lots of scribbled notes, but this post was already wordy enough!

Last edited:

HealthyRippingBrian

snip to not repeat xD
Jill this was an amazing breakdown review and comparison, lets go! When I'm back up and running I'm gonna give your temp settings a try too 🤣

Edit: I was doing 325 for flavor and then 350 midway then 375 finish.

Well, the third print was a charm, contrary to Mathematics this Thingiverse model at 115% scale works.
That's actually really cool 😎

Last edited:
Hi All, We have had a handful of our ROGUE devices go into this protect mode from our first production run. This is caused by a poor connection on our thermal sensor connection - this should not be a widespread issue. Our manufacturing team has triple checked this connection on our second production run to ensure that this won't happen going forward. If you do have this or any other issue, we are always here for you: customerservice@healthyrips.com :).

Have a fantastic holiday weekend!

Healthy Rips Team
How odd that you admit to being aware of this issue here yet when I contacted you your response was "we have a 1% failure rate" (implying, then, that *I* must have done something wrong here - but, hey, at least I'm finally a "1%-er"!) with absolutely no mention of it being a known issue (the E08 Protection failure). As per your response I'll be sending the unit back at my own expense for you to evaluate whether it is eligible for warranty repair/replacement . . . after only 2 months. In the meantime I'll be looking for another vaping device as that was our only one . . . and it's pretty clear we have no idea IF it will even be replaced let alone WHEN. Hopefully this time when I have to choose I will choose (more) wisely.

wattup

How odd that you admit to being aware of this issue here yet when I contacted you your response was "we have a 1% failure rate" (implying, then, that *I* must have done something wrong here - but, hey, at least I'm finally a "1%-er"!) with absolutely no mention of it being a known issue (the E08 Protection failure). As per your response I'll be sending the unit back at my own expense for you to evaluate whether it is eligible for warranty repair/replacement . . . after only 2 months. In the meantime I'll be looking for another vaping device as that was our only one . . . and it's pretty clear we have no idea IF it will even be replaced let alone WHEN. Hopefully this time when I have to choose I will choose (more) wisely.
Wanna lay out your grievance with some more details and information for everbody? Oh and maybe a little less hostile in tone.

kryptic_dusk

I’ve run into an issue with my rogue this past week and I want to put it out here to see if anyone has had the same problem. I ordered my rogue on May 4th at 11 pm so I’m sure I got one of the first batches if that matters. It’s been great up until this last week I’ve had the same problem happen 3 times. Sometimes the unit will not turn on. Not the screen or the battery indicator or anything. Not because it’s dead but because it literally just won’t work. At first I was afraid it died on me but once I plugged it in for a second the unit started charging (it was showing 4 bars of battery). I unplugged it and it turned on just fine. But the problem happened 2 more times since so I’m worried this might keep happening. It’s not the biggest deal but if I’m out and about I won’t be able to plug it in to “reset” it. Idk why it happens even with a full charge. If I press once it won’t show the battery and if I press it 3 times it won’t turn on at all- kinda like it’s dead. But once I plug it in for a second it’s right back to normal. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
I’ve run into an issue with my rogue this past week and I want to put it out here to see if anyone has had the same problem. I ordered my rogue on May 4th at 11 pm so I’m sure I got one of the first batches if that matters. It’s been great up until this last week I’ve had the same problem happen 3 times. Sometimes the unit will not turn on. Not the screen or the battery indicator or anything. Not because it’s dead but because it literally just won’t work. At first I was afraid it died on me but once I plugged it in for a second the unit started charging (it was showing 4 bars of battery). I unplugged it and it turned on just fine. But the problem happened 2 more times since so I’m worried this might keep happening. It’s not the biggest deal but if I’m out and about I won’t be able to plug it in to “reset” it. Idk why it happens even with a full charge. If I press once it won’t show the battery and if I press it 3 times it won’t turn on at all- kinda like it’s dead. But once I plug it in for a second it’s right back to normal. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Hi! We're very sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your ROGUE. If you purchased it on May 4th, it would be from our first production run. It sounds like you have a faulty device - please contact us directly at: customerservice@healthyrips.com. We will give you return instructions and have you back up and running with a new replacement device right away. No worries, we are always here for you!

Have a great day!
Healthy Rips Team

kryptic_dusk

Hi! We're very sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your ROGUE. If you purchased it on May 4th, it would be from our first production run. It sounds like you have a faulty device - please contact us directly at: customerservice@healthyrips.com. We will give you return instructions and have you back up and running with a new replacement device right away. No worries, we are always here for you!

Have a great day!
Healthy Rips Team
Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll reach out to customer service. Rogue has quickly become one my favorite devices so I’d love to swap it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Shrute

I’m more of a FC lurker than poster, but there are a number of things going on in this thread that given my recent experience with Healthy Rips products I wanted to share a few thoughts.

First—the recent posts about malfunctioning first run Rogues is definitely bringing back traumatic flashbacks of my experience with the HR Fierce (pre-ordered, endured multiple product launch delays, then received two devices that spontaneously ‘died’ within 1-2 weeks of use; the third device has more robot fart taste/smell than a bean and broccoli eating robot but I deemed to cut my losses so now have a rather large paperweight in my reject drawer).

Despite that experience I still considered myself an easy HR fanboy. There is no doubt the performance of these devices (Fierce excluded) is fantastic, and over the past 4+ years I thought my VAS had been cured rather permanently. Ironically, yesterday at literally the same time I was reading this thread about some Rogue issues my Fury Edge (aged 14 months) conked out on me—began to display error messages and shut itself off instead of heating up. I emailed HR customer service who promptly replied with the typical form email stating I could return the device for them to evaluate and if deemed appropriate be ‘blessed’ with the lifetime 50% off warranty. For some reason something just didn’t sit right with me about this given the device was purchased a mere 14 months ago—essentially putting the relatively near term price point of the device at over $200. As I thought about it further I realized that of the 4 HR vapes I have purchased over the past ~4 years (OG Fury, Fury 2, Fury Edge, Fierce) I am now left with only 2 functional devices and only the Fury 2 has survived for over 2 years (the OG Fury was replaced with a Fury 2 within 18 months due to the battery dying and I have useless Edge/Fierce carcasses just sitting there..).

Therefore I am publicly breaking up with you, Healthy Rips. I can no longer recommend your devices as despite the stellar performance the reliability leaves much to be desired. While the Warranty may sound good, if your devices regularly malfunction in the 1-2 year range it doesn’t feel so great to have to re-invest so near to the original purchase. And please don’t patronize me with the ‘1% malfunction rate’ nonsense—just because someone moves on to other vapes instead of constantly mailing your dead products back to you doesn’t mean the worthless junk sitting in their reject drawer is working perfectly..

Just some ‘food for thought’ for anyone thinking about making the jump into a Rogue (as I had been lurking this thread to do), especially as an initial Healthy Rips customer. Thank you for reading.

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi! We strive for perfection with our products and 100% satisfaction with our clients. We keep our finger on the pulse of the major forums and stay as active as humanly possible on them as well. Over the years, we have done our best to listen to our clients and continuously improve our products. If we ever recognize a pattern of potential weakness in one of our devices, we immediately have our engineers correct and strengthen that area of potential weakness. We want nothing more than to provide the best, the most enjoyable, and the most reliable devices - and at a price that everyone can afford. We sincerely apologize if we have failed anyone in any way. We truly want every single client to love our products and our company. If you feel that we didn't do our very best for you, please PM us!

We are grateful that we have such an amazing community here and we highly value all of you. Thank you so much for all of your input and support! We are looking forward to serving you for many years to come!

Healthy Rips Team

vapeape77

I‘ve been able to put the Rogue through its paces for awhile now and I am happily finding it to work just as well as the Edge with a few small differences.
I tend to temp step - starting at 355F, 375F, 395F and finally 425F. Each temp gets its own 5 minute session if I am not microdosing. And to be honest, now that I am out of testing mode, I probably won’t go above 395F - personal preference.

Most of these observations also go for the Edge, but the Rogue deserves to have its own list:

Pros:
- It heats up extremely fast for a session vape (less than 30 seconds for pretty much any temp) - often times I am still adjusting temp when it reaches target temp!!
- Super easy to use, no special techniques needed, never need to stir to get even cooking
- Flexible use cases: Easy to pass around in group setting or use alone
- Big range in amounts you can use:
+ I can vape a reasonably small amount (0.065 g) and still get nice vapor + effects
+ Or a large amount (0.300 g) and keep flavor for awhile + great efficiency
- Airflow is free flowing (As long as you don’t pack super tight)
- Exceptionally efficient for a session vape. I am able to get 4 to 5 5-minute spread out sessions from one bowl when I use at least 0.150 g
- Very easy to maintain
- Visible, big clouds
- Small, pocketable, easy to bring along in almost any user case
- Battery is great - able to consistently get 12-13 5 minute sessions off one charge

Cons:
- While the flavor is good for the first few hits (and even the entire first session with a good amount), the flavor drops off quickly after that
- The accessory attachment is a little tricky to get used to removing/putting in place, but once you get it down, pretty brainless
- Compared to the Edge, it doesn’t perform as well with microdosing (under .050 g) - don’t get me wrong, still better than most session vapes but the Edge handles the smaller amounts better (in clouds, vapor and efficiency)
- While battery life is excellent, when I look back at notes when I first got Edge, I was able to get same number of sessions, so doesn’t seem like the battery life has improved. I should also mention that having the Edge since it launched, I can still get 7-8 5 min sessions out of it, which is still better than most new vapes.

One other thing to note on Rogue vs Edge:
When I tested the same amount and strain in both vapes I usually found that I could get several more hits from the Edge than the Rogue - especially in the smaller amounts.
What does that mean?
Maybe that the Rogue oven is more powerful and therefore allows you to consume more in less hits
- or - possibly that you can drag out a sip session for longer with the Edge.
I’m not sure which is better - that is a personal preference for sure.

Bottom line, I am extremely happy with my Rogue, and I will continue to happily recommend more than any other vape I own.
For the price, for the size, for the performance, it is outstanding!

Hope this info helps - I am happy to get into more nitty gritty details since I am a testing nerd with lots of scribbled notes, but this post was already wordy enough!
Thanks for the excellent review Jill!

I kinda think I might just buy another edge and double pocket em…

I do have a question for you, it’s kinda silly …. Can an edge dosing cap fit into a rogue dosing cap for a quick effective session?

chimpybits

Thanks for the excellent review Jill!

I kinda think I might just buy another edge and double pocket em…

I do have a question for you, it’s kinda silly …. Can an edge dosing cap fit into a rogue dosing cap for a quick effective session?
Yes they do fit. However there will be space around the cap (unlike the Edge where it’s capsule touches the walls of the oven).

I’ve been wondering how the loose fit of the Edge capsule impacts performance of the Rogue. My experience is the same as @Jill NYC. I prefer my old Edge and will try Rogue capsule when they’re available in Canada.

kb819

Yes they do fit. However there will be space around the cap (unlike the Edge where it’s capsule touches the walls of the oven).

I’ve been wondering how the loose fit of the Edge capsule impacts performance of the Rogue. My experience is the same as @Jill NYC. I prefer my old Edge and will try Rogue capsule when they’re available in Canada.

vapeape77

Right… I was thinking to reduce the free space I could fill an edge cap, then put it in a rogue cap, then load the Rogue bowl, lol kinda ridiculously idea

OF

Right… I was thinking to reduce the free space I could fill an edge cap, then put it in a rogue cap, then load the Rogue bowl, lol kinda ridiculously idea
You can try it, of course, but I'd expect poor results. The extra SS will further slow conduction, plan on even longer 'heat soaks'.

Conduction depends on physical contact. I'd go with the larger capsules intended for Rogue.....in fact I did come to think on it.

Regards to all.

OF

chimpybits

Rogue capsules now available from vapenorth
:tup:

aron91

Hi, I have a new HR Rogue. Is this how the device should work? I am also attaching videos that will show what I mean:

1. When I start lowering the temperature, the "set" indicator (the one at the top) and the actual temperature indicator (the one at the bottom) show the same value. The actual temperature indicator "unlocks" when I increase and decrease the temperature again, and then you can see that the temperature is dropping.
https://streamable.com/edwj9c

2. When I start to increase the "set" temperature, the actual temperature indicator starts to rise from about 20°C higher than theoretically set. Apparently at the beginning it was set 138°C , but the temperature after the increase began to rise from 157°C, not from 138°C. Then it was change from 165°C to 198°C, but it started rise from 191°C not from 165°C, etc...
As if in reality it was 20 degrees more than on the indicator? (20°C = 68°F)
https://streamable.com/map7g7

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hi, I have a new HR Rogue. Is this how the device should work? I am also attaching videos that will show what I mean:

1. When I start lowering the temperature, the "set" indicator (the one at the top) and the actual temperature indicator (the one at the bottom) show the same value. The actual temperature indicator "unlocks" when I increase and decrease the temperature again, and then you can see that the temperature is dropping.
https://streamable.com/edwj9c

2. When I start to increase the "set" temperature, the actual temperature indicator starts to rise from about 20°C higher than theoretically set. Apparently at the beginning it was set 138°C , but the temperature after the increase began to rise from 157°C, not from 138°C. Then it was change from 165°C to 198°C, but it started rise from 191°C not from 165°C, etc...
As if in reality it was 20 degrees more than on the indicator? (20°C = 68°F)
https://streamable.com/map7g7
Something is definitely wrong there! That isn’t how it should work at all, You should reach out directly to HR so they can take care of you.

EDIT: I made a mistake - discussed in my next post.

Last edited:

OF

Something is definitely wrong there! That isn’t how it should work at all, You should reach out directly to @HealthyRips.com so they can take care of you.
I don't agree, which 'shows to go ya' how confusing this can be. Timing has a lot to do with it I think. It's easy for reporting rising temperatures to 'take a jump' depending on when the heat was turned on? There is also a 'masking' issue, it's common practice to 'round up' to a set temperature when you get close or when you momentarily drop in temperature with a big hit. And it's also common to report falling temperatures as we wait for normal losses to draw down the actual temperature. Internally, the program has to accurately sense temperatures or it would fail to regulate as well as it evidently does.

And, what's important, the load temperature, is something else entirely......time related to the sensor and oven temperatures by the rate heat is conducted into the load (and even then the part of the load 'closest to the fire' is going to be hotter than the other parts of the load?

All 'effects' I'd expect. For sure the laws of Physics are still in play, the temperature of the oven sensor (not necessirlily the real temperature of the actual oven ATT) can only change so fast with the limited power we can apply. And cooling can only happen as heat is otherwise conducted away, we can only add extra heat.

I wouldn't stress over these sorts of things, rather to enjoy the unit for the fine device it is. No need to look for issues, IMO you're doing OK?

Regards to all.

OF

Top Bottom