Healthy Rips Rogue

iammyself

My Rogue just arrived, and had it's first couple bowls put through it. Not nearly enough use to make any judgement calls yet, but damn it has nice form and feel in the hand. The vapor is much warmer at the same temp as the Mighty, of course. First impression of taste seems to give the edge to the Mighty, but it's too soon to make any declaration. I hadn't seen any conclusive comparison between the Mighty and Rogue bowl sizes, so I loaded a typical bowl in the Mighty and dumped it into the Rogue. The bowls seem to be pretty much the same size. Even if the Mighty produces better quality vapor, the Rogue might be a case of form over function. I got it with the bent glass mouthpiece (obviously), a WPA, and some dosing caps. So there's some fun experimenting with rituals to look forward to.

B1FC425D-1D1D-473C-B962-E3943BE3FA16.jpeg

lunghealth360

I wish more companies would look into makin a better mouthpiece that straight pipe BS is just sad and a after thought ... At least put some spikes/nipples/nobs(whatever u wanna call them) into tha glass to help with tha heat ...
Would love one without silicon parts, probably have to use the straightglass for sessions and cover when done but def not using that mouth piece

Samh

I just got Rogue last night. I'm really liking it. Using with dosing caps and blue 3d stem. This thing rips! I just tried the WPA and Mega Globe and the clouds. The heat up time is insane especially compared to the Mighty. Feels solid too. Mighty going to shelf I prefer the taste and clouds of Rogue. Im thinking of trying the bubbler, has anyone tried with Rogue? This has become my go to when Bowle is charging.

HealthyRippingBrian

Hello all, I'm waiting on my Rogue in the mail, and it's great to have a place to see all your experiences.

I mainly signed up just to comment on the excellent Healthy Rips customer service. My item was shipped the same day!

Information was sent to my email with tracking but most importantly was an email containing user tips and links to the videos showing how to remove the accessories easily.

I mean some might skip over this, but it's these little details that really make the customer service at HR shine to me.

I've never used their products, so I can't review that, but I do feel really taken care of as a customer and I don't even have my hands on the product yet.

So for that, thank you to the peeps at HR.

and thank you to this site/community I've been a lurker for a while, finally signed up, I've really enjoyed fuckcombustion.com.

SO yeah. The world of vaping eh? So cool :3

HealthyRippingBrian

@HealthyRippingBrian Welcome to FC. There is one BIG drawback purchasing HR products that no one will tell you about but your going to find out soon enough. The unavoidable circumstances of having to wait for it to arrive. ;)
Thanks for the welcome!

Ah it's already just hitting me. Clicked the tracking like it's magically moved since last time. Ah it's inhumane to make one wait like this :p

Coming off an Arizer Air 1 so it's about darn time for an upgrade, I stopped actually using it for quite some time, and I see technology has improved!

Last edited:

chimpybits

Hello all, I'm waiting on my Rogue in the mail, and it's great to have a place to see all your experiences.

I mainly signed up just to comment on the excellent Healthy Rips customer service. My item was shipped the same day!

Information was sent to my email with tracking but most importantly was an email containing user tips and links to the videos showing how to remove the accessories easily.

I mean some might skip over this, but it's these little details that really make the customer service at HR shine to me.

I've never used their products, so I can't review that, but I do feel really taken care of as a customer and I don't even have my hands on the product yet.

So for that, thank you to the peeps at HR.

and thank you to this site/community I've been a lurker for a while, finally signed up, I've really enjoyed fuckcombustion.com.

SO yeah. The world of vaping eh? So cool :3
I’m also waiting for a shipped Rogue, but from a 3rd party so no such helpful links.

I’ve managed to break my accessories attachment for both my Fury2 and my Edge (they don’t click into place). Both were used with the bent stem.

I saw the video showing how to remove the regular mp (not the accessories attachment) a couple pages back or so, but no such information for the accessories attachment. Could you @HealthyRippingBrian or another provide this please?

Last edited:

iammyself

I have a day of use, including a couple back-to-back bowls through the Rogue and the Mighty, so I can make initial impressions. The Mighty wins on flavor for me, but not by as much as you'd think. The Rogue has a slightly different flavor that I think might be the silicon gasket, but I'm not sure.

What really surprised me was that the Rogue extracted the bowl fully much faster than the Mighty set to the same temp. In turn, it gave a more pronounced high than the Mighty. The Mighty is more of a slow build up where I sometimes don't realize I'm high. The Rogue gave a quick extract high, more like a Dynavap session than a Mighty session. The quick extract also gives the vapor a different flavor; the Rogue flavor profile.

I LOVE the form factor and design of the Rogue. I went to a baby shower yesterday, and was able to carry it in my pocket with ease. I was actually worried I forgot it at home when I first got there and wanted a few puffs because I couldn't feel my pocket bulging to the seams. USB-C is nice, but there were a couple times I had to plug the Mighty in and use it at the same time. So not a clear advantage over the Mighty, but still a feature I like. I also like the feel in the hand when vaping, and I'm one of the people who like the rubbery surface. I also love the variety of option the accessory attachment allow for cooling stems. The bent glass seems to be a good compromise of cooling and size/form.

HealthyRippingBrian

I’m also waiting for a shipped Rogue, but from a 3rd party so no such helpful links.

I’ve managed to break my accessories attachment for both my Fury2 and my Edge (they don’t click into place). Both were used with the bent stem.

I saw the video showing how to remove the regular mp (not the accessories attachment) a couple pages back or so, but no such information for the accessories attachment. Could you @HealthyRippingBrian or another provide this please?
not sure if it helps now that yours is broken xD I have been doing some research I came across somewhere the recommendation to keep those grooves and the connection areas clean all the time, as build up weakens the part?

Not saying you broke it hahaha but just what I came across :p

chimpybits

not sure if it helps now that yours is broken xD I have been doing some research I came across somewhere the recommendation to keep those grooves and the connection areas clean all the time, as build up weakens the part?

Not saying you broke it hahaha but just what I came across :p
Thanks for that @HealthyRippingBrian. I see I've been removing the attachment correctly all this time by grabbing on those grooves and pulling up while twisting off (2nd method in this video). I'll try instead the 3rd method - first spin the bent stem so it's facing backwards and pushing against it with my thumbs.

Admittedly I've pushed my HR devices very hard. My Edge has been my sole vape for several months extracting several full capsules a day every day. All my other vape purchases this past year or two have been wasted $. One day I'll get rid of all this WS, IH, and mV gear (Mephisto lid!) that only burdens me. Also one day I'll try again to find a working vape that can dethrone or at least complement the HR vapes. But for now I'm looking forward to receiving a decent reliable vape.

So even though the battery is no longer what it was, and the mp stem is janky, my Edge still works and works better than anything else I've recently bought.

iammyself

I just did my own two-fist comparison, ala Troy and Jerry, with the Mighty and Rogue set to 370°. Here’s the side-by-side abv. The Rogue is much darker.

My assessment based on the flavor and effects is that the Rogue is more on the conduction side of hybrid, despite being labeling as convection. The device is just so small, and the heater so close to the bowl, that there’s a lot of conduction going on.

The Mighty, with more space between the heater and bowl, is more on the convection side of hybrid. This means it has better flavor, but also can’t extract as thoroughly as quickly.

The Rogue has more throat-feel, reminding me more of a Dynavap hit than a Mighty hit. The Mighty is more airy, cool, and tasty. I’d really consider them different use case devices more than contenders. The Rogue will go with me out of the house instead of the Mighty. The Mighty will be more for around the house, but away from a plug, type situation.

89BE2141-8032-484F-9F70-39E46F35450E.jpeg

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
You need to take into account that their calibration is likely different, as well as the location of their temperature sensor. Chances are there's a temp setting in one that matches more closely the second.

iammyself

You need to take into account that their calibration is likely different, as well as the location of their temperature sensor. Chances are there's a temp setting in one that matches more closely the second.
Exactly what I was thinking. The flavor at 370° on the Rogue tastes like 390°-410° on the Mighty. I’m sure some of that is the temp, not just flavor. I’ll have to try 350° and see if those results are closer to 370° on the Mighty.

HealthyRippingBrian

@Glorg This was so tasty looking it got me looking around and I finally settled on this guy from Gangster Glass:
rs-w-600-h-600.jpg

Can't wait to join you in the clouds :3

@iammyself thank you for doing these test it's really cool seeing the results with someone with a Mighty :) (Really interested in if the 350 ends up producing better flavors on the Rogue)

I think you and @KeroZen have it right it's a calibration/size thing. Interesting findings!

Last edited:

sadf

The Mighty, with more space between the heater and bowl, is more on the convection side of hybrid. This means it has better flavor, but also can’t extract as thoroughly as quickly.

The bowl on the Mighty is actually part of the large heat exchanger with the heating rod inside it, it truly does conduction vaporizing.

As others have noted they'll give different results at ostensibly the same setting due to differences in calibration and design.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
I use the Rogue starting at 350F and I step up to 365F and finish at 374F. It is working very well. In fact, I have to lower the temps, sometimes. When I use Sneaky Pete’s Mega Globe, that thing rips so hard that I would have thought I was smoking a bong!! The Rogue is a keeper! Namaste ✌️❤️

iammyself

Try out the lowest temp settings people! Am I really the only one who does that with all new vapes?? ;) :whip:
As you wish. I set it to 280° and took a few puffs. I was surprised to get a little visible vapor, and a bit of flavor too. Then I turned it up to 340° for a few puffs, and finished it off at 380° for a couple more. Lower temps are great with the Rogue.

Bazinga

Ordered mine the day they became available. I was leaving for the Left coast in a week and was thinking it would arrive prior to departing. Looking forward to taking it with me. It arrived while we were inflight. When I returned home I was too busy even to open the box. On Sunday while playing softball I made a diving catch in the outfield. When I hit the ground my ring finger got bent resulting in a break. Of course I continued to play resulting in the bone shattering in pieces. I'm wearing a splint waiting for surgery to replace the joint. However, I finally opened the Rogue box. It's slightly larger than my Fury Edge. This is not a bad thing. I have previously declared that the Edge is the best bang for the buck. So, in my opinion the Rogue is a winner !!! Great job Healthy Rips !! The only problem is I have to hold it in the other hand.

Samh

This is a great little vape. Puts out more clouds than you'd think it would. I'm using the dosing capsules and vaping at 350F through the Mega Globe, loving it. The oven looks brand new using the capsules. I leave the o ring in and take screen out. I just ordered the little bubbler for it can't wait to try it out.

Top Bottom