Discontinued Haze Square

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I am reading and flaking is a problem mainly caused by iso cleaning this part. If gently scraping, or even better, if I let a fine coat of reclaim in that specific area that problem would not exist, right? I had one of the first Arizer Solo and it had a ceramic chamber with the same problem. Started flaking but I stopped using iso and it didnt go worse and held a good abuse for several years.

jardri,
Reactions: Summer

ginolicious

Well I did an inspection of mine. I can say that where my mouthpiece goes I got some ABV tucked in there. Nothing more. My mouthpiece itself got some ABV in there as well. I know I gotta clean. Regarding airpaths, I took a look, mine are not black at all, they are silver. No coating in them from what I can see other than, once again, I have ABV in them too.

O-G-Reg

Well I did an inspection of mine. I can say that where my mouthpiece goes I got some ABV tucked in there. Nothing more. My mouthpiece itself got some ABV in there as well. I know I gotta clean. Regarding airpaths, I took a look, mine are not black at all, they are silver. No coating in them from what I can see other than, once again, I have ABV in them too.
Hopefully its not because the coating is now gone, i know you you’re a certified square elder!
Happy weekend

O-G-Reg,

ginolicious

Hopefully its not because the coating is now gone, i know you you’re a certified square elder!
Happy weekend

Makes for a valid point. But since I received my device I think I only deep cleaned it 2-3 times tops. I maybe I let vaped 4-5 trays tops since receding around May or June. I also did go on a break from August 14-October 17 where it wasn’t used. Except for one pod by a buddy.

I know i haven’t had issues like others have stated. Only issue was inconsistency. But with the tight packing at at 410 on a third hit I get some serious vapor and so cough.

Bra

Just got Square.It combust on lowest factory setting intermittently,maybe 1 out of 5 to 7 times.Am I doing something wrong or did someone have had this issue.

Djsleepy

Just got Square.It combust on lowest factory setting intermittently,maybe 1 out of 5 to 7 times.Am I doing something wrong or did someone have had this issue.

Fine grind? Packed full w/tamp? Waiting two seconds after green to inhale?inhaling slow?

Dang @Haze Vaporizers we were right after each other....good.looking out as usual:)

Djsleepy,

ginolicious

I would follow Haze’s instructions before sending it back.

Have you followed their instructions yet?

ginolicious,

Mrb58

I am reading and flaking is a problem mainly caused by iso cleaning this part. If gently scraping, or even better, if I let a fine coat of reclaim in that specific area that problem would not exist, right? I had one of the first Arizer Solo and it had a ceramic chamber with the same problem. Started flaking but I stopped using iso and it didnt go worse and held a good abuse for several years.
If iso is the problem - what do you clean with?

@hazevaporizer

Mrb58,

ginolicious

Soap and water. Or a cleaning solution that is safe on silicone such as the Zeus cleaning solution. I hope you guys aren’t cleaning your silicone with ISO. Whatever you clean with silicone with use to clean the bottom tray. I use the Zeus cleaner. For my stainless steel lids, soak in ISO.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Summer

jardri

Vapor Dreams

@hazevaporizer

I dont have a Square yet but I dont like cleaning with iso because it affects taste. I like to politely scrape all my vapes and I collect reclaim this way. I use a long titanium pick the vape critic gave me for free from his website a few years ago.

jardri,

O-G-Reg

@hazevaporizer
Iso isn’t the problem, but using less corrosive options might help.

For everyone noticing flaking in their airpath, i have found a simple(ish) workaround, doesn't solve all the issues but it will hopefully help.

You’ll need:
-Steel wool
-Something to cut steel wool
-Work gloves
-A new sponge with a thick rough scrubby side, or something similar. (For de-burring)
-quip
-a good light

Get some fine steel wool, wire cutters, and put on some work gloves and break it down to as many strands as you can twist together to fit into the 4 problem airpath holes. Hit it with a tiny bit of hot soapy water, thread through the hole and twist, scraping all that finish out. Next hole; twist again (like we did last summer). You're going to want to use a small light to check your work. Any finish you dont get will now be looser than ever, so you need to be very thorough. Force isnt really the name of the game. You want to try and minimalize scraping to the underlying metal (whatever it is) as much as possible.

Next, cut up a sponge, the kind with a rough scrubbing side. You want a strip of the rough side you can thread through to de-burr any scratches you left. In this step, you want to get as much strong good rubbing action as you can.

Then you use a qtip to test your results. If its getting snagged then you may need to de-burr more to get any rough edges out. If there are specs, repeat the ofher steps.

Finally, purge purge purge. I recommend hot filtered water. Just my preference. Get any sponge or qtip fibers out.

Once you’ve done this, i don’t recommend using ISO on this tray ever again. Iso can degrade certain metals, and you dont want corrosion in your airpath. Oil from use will protect against corrosion too, but again i dont know what this metal is and how succeptable to corrosion it is without finish. Might not be an issue.

I am happy to make a video of this at some point if anyone thinks they would like to give it a shot and isn't quite clear.

Personally I’ve set this vape aside for awhile, but for some this might be a hard option at the moment... been there!

Last edited:

Mrb58

Soap and water. Or a cleaning solution that is safe on silicone such as the Zeus cleaning solution. I hope you guys aren’t cleaning your silicone with ISO. Whatever you clean with silicone with use to clean the bottom tray. I use the Zeus cleaner. For my stainless steel lids, soak in ISO.
So stainless parts ( as chambers and air path filters w iso
Rest w haze cleaning powder solution ????

Mrb58,

Mrb58

Just got in the mail
Supposed to charge by usb c in 30 min

One hour and still flashing red hmmm.......

1.5hrs and still flashing red

Did I get a dud ?

Last edited:
Mrb58,

Djsleepy

Just got in the mail
Supposed to charge by usb c in 30 min

One hour and still flashing red hmmm.......

Are you using wall charger? it's faster than computer...if you have the pro edition then wall charge.with block is fastest......

Djsleepy,

Petunia Vanish

I already provided our response. The chipping anodization is a cosmetic issue and can be improved in many different ways as members here discussed earlier and also lately. We noted this for our V2 improvement list a while back and acknowledged this again now.

If you are a preorder customer, you will get a free one as part of our original incentive offering.
Speaking of square pro V2.. Do you know if it is close to release?

Petunia Vanish,

Peggasus

Awesome glad I could help ....if.you can't diy ....pm haze from this thread.and they will get you taken care of quick....
I’m off on vacation for a couple weeks this weekend. This is just to thank you again for the help re the initial difficulty I was having with my Square, and to note that Haze was WONDERFUL in figuring out what was going on, and in keeping me informed. It turned out to be something slight and the vape was returned very fast. I’ve been enjoying it all this week. A lady there, Bianca, was marvelous. I don’t know if I’ve ever had such good customer service before... and I'm not young. Anyway, thanks again to you Djsleepy, and also thanks to the good folk at Haze.

Djsleepy

I’m off on vacation for a couple weeks this weekend. This is just to thank you again for the help re the initial difficulty I was having with my Square, and to note that Haze was WONDERFUL in figuring out what was going on, and in keeping me informed. It turned out to be something slight and the vape was returned very fast. I’ve been enjoying it all this week. A lady there, Bianca, was marvelous. I don’t know if I’ve ever had such good customer service before... and I'm not young. Anyway, thanks again to you Djsleepy, and also thanks to the good folk at Haze.

Your welcome ...glad its.going well....and Bianca is marvelous I've spoken with her a time or two.....lol......
Everyone at.Haze really does.want us all to have incredible experience s with this beast of a vape....

Djsleepy,

ginolicious

I’ve been following Haze’s instructions on packing. It has totally worked. I got a lot better results with the weed I bought over a legal dispensary compared to the grey market. Tight pack for the win. My grind could be finer. But my avb has as nice light brown st 410 and started at 390. Have some more to say. But I’m baked. Looks done for sure. It’s a medium brown actually. Light wouldn’t be fair representation.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Jill NYC
Top Bottom