Discontinued Haze Square

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
This is terrible. why on earth did they use paint. If you're going for metal it's bare titanium or SS and nada mas!

Haze Mister,
Reactions: Summer

ginolicious

I think the point is it chips cracks and peels off easily.

That is the point people are making as of now. We knew this a while ago. The exterior finish especially the lock has rubbed off for a lot of people. As for the airpath having the black anodized, I make no comment on that. I really got no idea in that regard. But I can attest to the finish coming off the exterior.

Mrb58

My guess is that during the design or manufacturing process-the fact that the parts get exposed to extreme high temps and iso repeatedly wasn’t taken into consideration

I guess haze will be coming up with s fix at some point

Mrb58,

b0

Cloudy...
While it may look “sexy” in black, I would opt for naked SS for health issues. :nod:

Perhaps Haze might offer an SS alternative—or have hard anodizing done. :chill:

IMHO it was a big mistake this finishing. A proper anodization wouldn´t flake like this and there is an obvious health risk, as much as @Haze Vaporizers says no it´s obvious that the flakes are there and will end in our lungs at some point... Really hoping they address this issue soon as they did with the SS bowls, IMO much better than the original ones.

Thebigsmoke

IMHO it was a big mistake this finishing. A proper anodization wouldn´t flake like this and there is an obvious health risk, as much as @Haze Vaporizers says no it´s obvious that the flakes are there and will end in our lungs at some point... Really hoping they address this issue soon as they did with the SS bowls, IMO much better than the original ones.
I agree they should replace the black bowls and the tray that holds them with stainless steel. The black silicone covers most of it anyway. I also think they should be coming here and any other forums there active on and addressing there customers as to how they are going to fix this very serious issue to our health caused by the flaking paint. Not to mention the damage it could cause to the reputation of there company. I mean who wants to buy a vape that lets you inhale flakes of paint? I know I certainly would not have bought one if I knew about it.

Thebigsmoke,

wastedpotential

I wonder if the manufacturing site has quality control issues. I have anodized frying pans that don't flake with high heat, and holds up to scrubbing.

I don't know what will scare people more... fear of 'flakes of paint' being inhaled, or fear of 'flakes of anodized aluminum'.
Maybe a coat of mercury will keep the flakes in place? :)

Petunia Vanish

I wonder if the manufacturing site has quality control issues. I have anodized frying pans that don't flake with high heat, and holds up to scrubbing.

I don't know what will scare people more... fear of 'flakes of paint' being inhaled, or fear of 'flakes of anodized aluminum'.
Maybe a coat of mercury will keep the flakes in place? :)
:lol::lol:

Petunia Vanish,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Solomon

Talk to the Beard

Regardless of whether or not the "flakes" are a health hazard, properly anodized aluminum does not "flake" since it's not paint and is molecularly bonded to the metal itself. The only way it comes off should be if the metal itself is scratched. So either it's not actually "anodized" (perhaps it's electrostatically painted?), or the process wasn't done proper.

I haven't said much here since my first, very positive review a few months back. At first I really liked the Square - until I started having very inconsistent results - even after having my unit serviced, and even following all the "rules".

Sometimes it's the most flavorful wonderful vape I've ever used, and other times it barely works at all. Sometimes it just sets the bowl on fire.

I'm a medical user, so I need dependable and consistent, like my trusty Haze Dual 3, over 2 years of daily use. I can fill a can all the way, half way, 1/4 way, I can go cool or hot, I can inhale fast or slow, I can hand it someone who's never vaped - and it ALWAYS works. That's what I want from an "on demand" vape as well.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Will have to hang on to my V2, and V3 until issues get resolved. :sherlock:

Was so looking
Forward for the Quad.:bang:

Good health comes first.

Last edited:
stark1,

ginolicious

Regardless of whether or not the "flakes" are a health hazard, properly anodized aluminum does not "flake" since it's not paint and is molecularly bonded to the metal itself. The only way it comes off should be if the metal itself is scratched. So either it's not actually "anodized" (perhaps it's electrostatically painted?), or the process wasn't done proper.

I haven't said much here since my first, very positive review a few months back. At first I really liked the Square - until I started having very inconsistent results - even after having my unit serviced, and even following all the "rules".

Sometimes it's the most flavorful wonderful vape I've ever used, and other times it barely works at all. Sometimes it just sets the bowl on fire.

I'm a medical user, so I need dependable and consistent, like my trusty Haze Dual 3, over 2 years of daily use. I can fill a can all the way, half way, 1/4 way, I can go cool or hot, I can inhale fast or slow, I can hand it someone who's never vaped - and it ALWAYS works. That's what I want from an "on demand" vape as well.

I hear that about the Dual. But man the flavour in the square is unreal.

O-G-Reg

You say improvement, i say making it safe and non hazardous to your health. Tomato TomAto potato poTAdo....

IMO we should be demanding a direct acknowledgement and response

Last edited:

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
You say improvement, i say making it safe and non hazardous to your health. Tomato TomAto potato poTAdo....

IMO we should be demanding a direct acknowledgement and response
I already provided our response. The chipping anodization is a cosmetic issue and can be improved in many different ways as members here discussed earlier and also lately. We noted this for our V2 improvement list a while back and acknowledged this again now.

If you are a preorder customer, you will get a free one as part of our original incentive offering.

Thebigsmoke

I already provided our response. The chipping anodization is a cosmetic issue and can be improved in many different ways as members here discussed earlier and also lately. We noted this for our V2 improvement list a while back and acknowledged this again now.

If you are a preorder customer, you will get a free one as part of our original incentive offering.
Can I ask about the rest of us who didn't pre-order and are now stuck with a vape that is hazardous to our health as the finish that you have chosen is failing. Should you not be asking your customers to send there defective flaking trays back to be replaced with an improved piece at your cost as soon as possible?

I don't accept that it's just a cosmetic issue as it's not just the finish on the outside it's directly in the air path and strait to our lungs. This is a safety issue

Thebigsmoke,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Can I ask about the rest of us who didn't pre-order and are now stuck with a vape that is hazardous to our health as the finish that you have chosen is failing. Should you not be asking your customers to send there defective flaking trays back to be replaced with an improved piece at your cost as soon as possible?

I don't accept that it's just a cosmetic issue as it's not just the finish on the outside it's directly in the air path and strait to our lungs. This is a safety issue
You don't know that it's a safety issue so please don't start that rumor. We also don't know if "bits" are getting inhaled or not and even if they were, we don't know that it's harmful at all.

Material safety discussions are not allowed in model specific threads anyway, so please don't comment about material safety further in this thread. If you have issues that you'd like to discuss with Haze, feel free to do so privately but this over-the-top "sky is falling" rhetoric won't be tolerated here.

Thank you.

:peace:

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer

I can only go by what our specs, what our design and what the product details call for. I said this many times and will say it again that once the units are assembled, the path is sealed and no chipping will cause health issues as long as the units are cared for, used as intended.

This is a direct statement from our engineers as well as from the factory.

I understand that many customers may see this discussion as a potential opportunity to get free items and replacements. That would be perfectly ok if there was a true concern from our end.

On the other hand, we have provided and keep providing many incentives to customers, especially to FC members like micro dose pods. This was an idea that was started here and we commited to providing those to FC members.

I am pretty sure that we can offer similar incentives to FC members as we keep improving based on suggestions and feedback.

I will get with our engineering team to prioritize this issue to see if we can come up with an immediate improvement before a major release and explore the logistics of it.

If we can, we can certainly incentivize you all just like we are doing with microdose pods.
@Stu I apologize. I did not see your post while i was typing. We will not further comment on this.

Thebigsmoke

You don't know that it's a safety issue so please don't start that rumor. We also don't know if "bits" are getting inhaled or not and even if they were, we don't know that it's harmful at all.

Material safety discussions are not allowed in model specific threads anyway, so please don't comment about material safety further in this thread. If you have issues that you'd like to discuss with Haze, feel free to do so privately but this over-the-top "sky is falling" rhetoric won't be tolerated here.

Thank you.

Sorry to break any rules I really didn't mean to. But were else are the flakes going to go? there obviously going to travel with the airflow that's being chanelled strait to it.. I'm not asking haze to share what the paint or anodizeation material is made from.I really don't care what it is as im not comfortable with inhaling any type of solid material even specs of bud. as it isn't good for your lungs no matter what it is made of. Again sorry to offend but when it comes to my health I get angry.

In reply to the haze response above. I am not looking for anything of you for free as I have already bought the vape a pack of coils and the deep cleaning tray so I have no problem spending my money on something. But this is your manufacturing problem and not some accessory that I'm trying to bag for free. So I think you should be fixing it at your cost to all of your haze square customers.

I do not wish to question your engineers as I am long way from being one . But when someone shows you pictures of the black finish flaking off and sticking to the air path it doesn't take an engineer to work it out.

Last edited:
Thebigsmoke,

thx1138

I hope they figure this stuff out, cuz the form factor and idea of four quickly available bowls has me interested.

thx1138,

Volteric

Fuck this product. Tired of the inconsistency and wasting herb due to combustion. Had it sent in twice. I’m not a fan anymore. @Haze Vaporizers how do I know I’m on the upgrade program when the link is 404 dead?

Volteric,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Fuck this product. Tired of the inconsistency and wasting herb due to combustion. Had it sent in twice. I’m not a fan anymore. @Haze Vaporizers how do I know I’m on the upgrade program when the link is 404 dead?

Careful there, @Volteric. You are very close to breaking forum rules.

Forum Rules said:
Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.

Let's try to remain respectful.

Top Bottom