Discontinued Haze Square

Petunia Vanish

Sorry for the delay. Pics werent accessable at work. There is ABSOLUTELY finish in the airpath.

eR1G2gf.jpg

And close ups of the holes. Sorry hard to get in there with the iphone camera.

1B8MH8Q.jpg

GzillcM.jpg

And one with more finish intact (because we haven’t inhaled it yet!!!)
jN81Yrl.jpg

Needless to say i wont be using my square with this or really ever again. If this finish is caustic......... hard to believe it isnt.... I’m disgusted
I heard they are moving/switching the manufacturing factories (in china?) Hence why they're out of stock on website...

Maybe it is a quality issue they're fixing for that reason.

Last edited:
Petunia Vanish,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Sent off my unit....not sure what caused.this but ...right above where the battery is..... it is swelled/raised up in the outline of the battery .......when I noticed it I was like nope no explosion here and Sent her in....been told by.pics I Sent that they don't believe that battery.could.do.that??????? We will see....

I would show pics but got old phone....I'll still be online...just not hazed!:nope:

@Djsleepy : could you post the pics you sent Haze?

I would hope there would be a cutoff sensor in the charger when the charge is complete.
Overcharged batteries may cause “combustion” —or worse.

Sorry for the delay. Pics werent accessable at work. There is ABSOLUTELY finish in the airpath.

eR1G2gf.jpg

1B8MH8Q.jpg

GzillcM.jpg

jN81Yrl.jpg

Needless to say i wont be using my square with this or really ever again. If this finish is caustic......... hard to believe it isnt.... I’m disgusted

Your pics aren’t showing, Bro, @O-G-Reg

This flaking is quite concerning.

Does the finish cover what looks like plastic? Not the metal one expected.

GzillcM.jpg

Overcharged batteries. Boom? Flaking finish. Plastic? :o
Things which can cause issues, things which Haze should resolve?

I like Haze, and their unique concepts. Perhaps these concerns should be addressed to their
Manufacturing partners.

Djsleepy

@stark1 my phone won't send.pics sorry its.jacked up .....I believe issue is a.bug.with.firmware....if you remember first.firmware had a bug (phase1).....I don't leave mine charging overnight but I have left on for a few hours with it charging which is what current firmware was too have fixed(overcharging)....i expect to hear today re: status....let everyone know outcome....

Djsleepy,
Reactions: stark1

stark1

Lonesome Planet
@stark1 my phone won't send.pics sorry its.jacked up .....I believe issue is a.bug.with.firmware....if you remember first.firmware had a bug (phase1).....I don't leave mine charging overnight but I have left on for a few hours with it charging which is what current firmware was too have fixed(overcharging)....i expect to hear today re: status....let everyone know outcome....

Was the battery charged to the recommended time limit. Or beyond?

Either way, there should be a safety cxt built into the charger? :tup:

Red LED for charging. Green for charged.

stark1,

O-G-Reg

eR1G2gf.jpg

1B8MH8Q.jpg

GzillcM.jpg

jN81Yrl.jpg

Maybe Haze would like to try and save face.... though i dont see how its possible. @Haze Vaporizers
This Is a HEALTH RISK TO ALL WHO OWN THIS VAPE. And, one would think, illegal....at the very least extremely unethical

@stark1 i didn’t quite understand your response. Finish is a layer of chemicals used to cover the metal. Its made from all sorts of nasty stuff.

O-G-Reg,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
While it should be metal, it looks like possibly plastic? At any rate, flaking finish
With whatever chemicals should be addressed. :ko:

Been waiting forever for the Quad to come out....

Last edited:
stark1,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Hi guys,

Sorry I have been out for few days and looks like all types of misconceptions are being discussed here last few days.

In any industry and on any product, finishes are applied to outer surfaces for cosmetic and protective purposes. It adds cost and time to any product manufacturing. Why would we apply a finish to the internal air path? Logically thinking?

Plus, the entire air path is less than half an inch long and totally visible to the user. Not concealed. In summary, there is no finish on the air path. That was neither specified nor applied to the air path. Now if you have a form of impurity, defect or particle that was left after the manufacturing process on your specific unit, those need to be cleaned of course before first use.

If you prefer to send your unit in, we can inspect and correct/clean/replace where necessary.

There is no plastic used on anywhere on the unit except for the latch/lock mechanism which you can see on the unit. There is no plastic internal our outside other than the latch which you can visibly see on the unit.

In terms of the battery cut off. The charger has its own cut off. On top of this hardware safety feature, we also added a firmware cut off safety function with the latest firmware release. We still do not recommend plugging your unit and leaving, unattended. Just like any other device in this category of products.

Videos should be coming out this week.

Please PM me if you need assistance. I will get to all pending PMs today.

Thanks

Haze Vaporizers,

Mrb58

eR1G2gf.jpg

1B8MH8Q.jpg

GzillcM.jpg

jN81Yrl.jpg

While it should be metal, it looks like possibly plastic? At any rate, flaking finish
With whatever chemicals should be addressed. :ko:

Been waiting forever for the Quad to come out....

@hazevaporizers

i just placed my order last night I hope all yhe issues i am reading about - firmware / seals / etc will be sorted out in the shipment I am getting

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrb58,

Easywider

Simple is the way
I re-posted @O-G-Reg photos as imgur is no longer supported on FC. You can use https://postimg.cc

1B8MH8Q.jpg
eR1G2gf.jpg
GzillcM.jpg

Come to think of it, I think mine has also flaked off finish in my air paths. Here's a picture of mine.

IMG-4321.jpg

@Haze Vaporizers these photo's don't look like misconceptions? They look like finish (whatever it may be, obviously not plastic ) flaking off around airpaths

Last edited:

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
I re-posted @O-G-Reg photos as imgur is no longer supported on FC. You can use https://postimg.cc

1B8MH8Q.jpg
eR1G2gf.jpg
GzillcM.jpg

Come to think of it, I think mine has also flaked off finish in my air paths. Here's a picture of mine.

IMG-4321.jpg
Nothing on these pictures are in the air path. Once you install your silicones and put the unit together, all those holes are sealed completely.

Djsleepy

@Haze Vaporizers you should include not.to leave on charge for newbies in future shipments as well as.that should have been told to us when.firmware addressed the issue.....but.nothing was told to anyo ne on forum.....and its obvious my issue is due to charging.......it's offensive when you tell people that.they are spreading misconception s ..............we are just reporting what we observe as we observe it.......

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
No offense was intented. I said misconceptions are discussed which is the truth. English is not my native language so I apologize if that offended anybody. Maybe use “misunderstandings” was discussed?

O-G-Reg

Nothing on these pictures are in the air path. Once you install your silicones and put the unit together, all those holes are sealed completely.
!!!!This is not correct!!! And baffles me that it comes from a company rep. The silicon goes AROUND these holes not on the inside. The vapor passes into these holes through the metal reguardless. And isnide is where the dangerous flaking occurs. With the even if i had the silicon attached i could have stuck the q-tip in and pulled out loose finish.

Everyone else, try for yourself.
Unlatch your fully assembled unit. And look at the half holding the pods from the bottom. Youll see the holes from the otherside.... no silicon in there. Try my qtip test or peek in with a flashlight. Your unit is undoubtedly flaking in the airpath as well unless its brand new or resin is coating the inside because you havent cleaned it yet.

I can put the silicon on, reassemble my unit and show the same stuf via youtube if that sheds more light on the subject.

Thanks @Easywider for the pic repost.

Last edited:
O-G-Reg,

Thebigsmoke

IMG-4321.jpg
Hi everyone My airpaths are also going like this. And the unit is only a few weeks old the coil stopped working on Friday I have been waiting on replacements and in the meantime I done a deep clean and noticed the same flaking on the small air holes. I don't think it's right that haze just come and say why would we use a finish on the air path when the pictures clearly show the flaking at the small air holes. I find there customer service to be mixed at best. When I was having problems with my unit they were telling me it was my fault so I sent them pics off my bowls packed and tamped down as they recommend I then sent them a pic off the bowl after trying to vape it. Bowl was still 80% green after multiple draws at 440. I found the problem myself it was an extra screen( 2 stuck together). Once I removed it the unit worked much better compared to what it was. I let haze know about it and didnt even get an apology from them as it left there factory like that and clearly wasn't my fault. I got a "good for you man" as my first replay then they asked for my serial number to check the batch and that was that. It cost me almost 4 grams of bud and a half done coil from double pressing to try and get vapour before I found the problem..on top of this I can still only get a good draw by going to 430 and inhaling when it's flashing blue and heating. I have purchased the deep cleaning tray and two coils in the hope that I can use the unit as intended(low temps and inhaling when the light is green) however the flaking paint is the last straw for me I will be contacting Namaste vapes to arange an exchange. I will never buy another haze product in my life and I would not recommend them to anybody as they pose a serious health risk I feel disgusted knowing that I have inhaled this stuff. As others have said we vape to save are lungs not pollute them with chemicals. I am in work at the minute but I will gladly send my pics to haze if they need them. I really feel this is a serious issue that should be sorted out immediately.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@O-G-Reg - a couple quick questions...

1 - Have you done any deep cleanings? If so, is it possible the black finish came off during that process?
2 - Is it possible the specs on your q-tip are abv?

Don't get em wrong here...I'm not calling you out or picking sides. Those are just the first two things I would consider if it were my vape.

Thanks!

ps - I have come across something called 'soft anodizing' in this industry that is cheaper than regular anodizing. I don't understand the differences, but the soft anodizing can come off when rubbed or cleaned with ISO. Not sure if that's the same stuff as flakes...

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Wow. I am sure Haze Vaporizer will remedy the flying flakes fiasco soon, the Quad
Is such a great concept.

Free one time upgrade to any future new release of Haze Square?

@stickstones clearly the (missing) flakes around the portals cannot be ABV.

O-G-Reg

@O-G-Reg - a couple quick questions...

1 - Have you done any deep cleanings? If so, is it possible the black finish came off during that process?
2 - Is it possible the specs on your q-tip are abv?

Don't get em wrong here...I'm not calling you out or picking sides. Those are just the first two things I would consider if it were my vape.

Thanks!

ps - I have come across something called 'soft anodizing' in this industry that is cheaper than regular anodizing. I don't understand the differences, but the soft anodizing can come off when rubbed or cleaned with ISO. Not sure if that's the same stuff as flakes...
I have done deep cleaning. This was a few days after a deep clean. I clean this portion with an iso/water solution on a qtip, then throughly purged with very hot water from the sprayer in my sink, then a quick dip in warm distilled water. After which the unit was not used and let to dry. I was reassembling it and noticed black finish inside this portion of the air path which alarmed me, specifically because it looked in rough shape. All it took was inserting a qtip and a single spin to flake more off of the finish in there (not the edges, the actual inside)

O-G-Reg,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have done deep cleaning. This was a few days after a deep clean. I clean this portion with an iso/water solution on a qtip, then throughly purged with very hot water from the sprayer in my sink, then a quick dip in warm distilled water. After which the unit was not used and let to dry. I was reassembling it and noticed black finish inside this portion of the air path which alarmed me, specifically because it looked in rough shape. All it took was inserting a qtip and a single spin to flake more off of the finish in there (not the edges, the actual inside)

Thanks!

Are there any places with black finish coming off that were not exposed to ISO or scraping from turning the tray?

Is there any chance the flakes in the air path are abv? I've looked at enough online pics of abv that I don't trust color or shape from them. I only trust your judgement since you're the one who saw them with the naked eye.

Also, is it possible the flakes were left in the air path from the quick dip in water? It sounds unlikely to me based on your process including a purge, but I like to eliminate all other possibilities.

Thanks again!

stickstones,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Please PM me your details so we can check it out and assist you.

Easywider

Simple is the way
Mine came off on my first deep clean. I soaked the tray in some warm/hot ISO and it rubbed off when drying.

Easywider,
Reactions: Summer

Djsleepy

Well got some news.....apparently my battery is swelling but haze says the raised portion is a manufacturing flaw and is not a safety issue....they said that it is becoming more visible due to wear???? Not sure how that part ( the outside casing)gets worn.....they also provided the following advice:

To extend battery life they recommend to never fully drain it and to charge more frequently. So instead of going from full battery to completely dead just pop it on the charger for a shorter duration at around 15% battery life. They said the stress of full to dead charging is what is causing your batteries to swell so quickly.

They replaced my battery and sending it back...

Re: paint flaking- my tray looks like the pics posted ....I noticed when.using iso.on qtip to clean holes it removed some of paint....never seen any in mp area...but will keep a look out.....

Top Bottom