Discontinued Haze Square

ginolicious

Regardless of combustion issues, this device needs to be deep cleaned occasionally. With or without the tool. Something people should be doing to keep the unit running nice. There are users like @caseball2051 who don’t need it or use it.

ginolicious,

caseball2051

Since I've got a minute here my assembly process.

Clean the silicone, pods, fillers and air paths. Let air dry.

Put the filters and air paths into the silicone in their normal position.

Place the silicone piece on a table or counter with the screen part facing down towards the table.

Cover the silicone insert with the empty tray cover like it normally goes.

Press down with light force.

Lift the tRay but don't turn it over. itshould hold the silicone piece in place inside the tray.

Go to each corner of the tray and push the silicone up into the tray. Do this for all 4 forgets.

Flip the tray over slowly and push the rest of the silicone into position.

Check your assembly and repeat if needed

Boom that's it.

O-G-Reg

I'll give an alternative opinion vs ginolicious.
I found it nearly impossible to do a deep clean without the Haze tool.
I also bet some buddies they couldn't do it without and never had to payout.

I'd get the full tray loaded but then inserting it, it always spit out one or more
SS screens and had to start over.
The slightest twist would spit out parts.

Can someone post a video of this, without the tool?

Its all about feel, precision, a pinch of luck.

My strategy when i was without was to use 4 fingers at once to push the silicon in from underneath by all corners at the same time about 1/3rd of the way. Then try do the same but around the edges of the inner cutout that goes around the latch and repeat.

I recommend reclaiming from the filters. I get lots of oil out with a dull exacto knife, the stuff on the little indents on on the top piece is always looks pretty pure. Ive dabbed it with minimal to no residue :evil:. The rest will have tiny herb particles. Collect it up in silicon for edibles, just wipe right onto a concentrate pad, or mix with some herb and carry on!

Last edited:
O-G-Reg,

Petunia Vanish

I'll give an alternative opinion vs ginolicious.
I found it nearly impossible to do a deep clean without the Haze tool.
I also bet some buddies they couldn't do it without and never had to payout.

I'd get the full tray loaded but then inserting it, it always spit out one or more
SS screens and had to start over.
The slightest twist would spit out parts.

Can someone post a video of this, without the tool?
I have been on both sides of the coin.

when I needed to do it, I couldn't do it without the tool.

When I was trying purely out of coincidence and curiosity I was able to do it.

wastedpotential

I feel the tool should be included. There is so much to learn with this device, who needs to go through some extra finesse just to clean it?
As it is, the need for cleaning is the toughest part, because those screens get clogged. I just want a device that works, simply, and is easy to maintain. Those that find it easy enough already may not be thinking of newbies or casual users who don't get excited cleaning and adjusting things.

wastedpotential,

Haze Vaporizers

Manufacturer
Just wanted to provide a quick update. Slight delay on 1/3 micro pods. We will post the video with the 1/2 pods first (by next week). We are aware that many customers are looking forward to these so we are trying to get them done as soon as possible. Have a great weekend.

Easywider

Simple is the way
The tool is very handy. It is my preferred method

The Tool is not a necessity. It can easily be done without the tool & without the painfull screen fiddling. There was a img tutorial posted a few times months back showing how to easily assemble without the tool. If I can find it I will post it again. I think it would be good for @Haze Vaporizers to include something similar in their pdf for when we misplace our cleaning tool.

Really looking forward to these pods, can't wait to start using this vape again.

Edit: As promised, No tool tutorial compliments of @FC123

iG2VVkw.jpg

Djsleepy

Sent off my unit....not sure what caused.this but ...right above where the battery is..... it is swelled/raised up in the outline of the battery .......when I noticed it I was like nope no explosion here and Sent her in....been told by.pics I Sent that they don't believe that battery.could.do.that??????? We will see....

I would show pics but got old phone....I'll still be online...just not hazed!:nope:

Djsleepy,

Easywider

Simple is the way
I’ve had that happen to two older MacBooks. Battery swells like a tennis ball pops the touch pad right out of the laptop

Easywider,

Vapify

decided against herbalizer- prob great unit - but quality issues w parts - and as comapany is closed- no guarantee re parts etc availability.

so now the front runners are HSq, Plenty and perhaps GMV1 ( getting better reviews now)

any suggestions from people who have tried at least two

my goal is to be able to go to garage - spend a couple of minutes and get baked - go back in for an hour or two . microdose strengths preferable. 0.1 gm or less. would prefer some stealth For which herbalizer would have been a good option and which is a mark against the plenty). Pax 2 takes too long- wife gets really mad w long interruptions to the netflix serial - and our treaty is that not allowed to use indoors). Obviously other uses as well - but this is the critical one. huge portability not an issue as i have a pax2 and generally use cartridges when out anyway. currently w pax 2 using 0.5 gm -1 gm/ day plus 1 big cart/ 2wks. and dont particularly wish to increase my burn rate.

Sorry if this is too late for ya but it sounds like a either one would work for ya. With the Square, you could pack the 4 bowls and go through those throughout the night without having to worry about taking extra time to repack. The Ghost imo is tastier and has greater effects given the smaller bowl but that’s just me. If $$$ isn’t a problem, I’d say go with an MV1 with the crucible dispenser but honestly I think you’ll be happy with whichever one you choose.

ginolicious

Ss pods are $5 a pair. Usually 15. Are they better?

They retain heat more. So maybe output a bit more visible vapor. I would love a set but don’t wanna pay on shipping. Wanna get my microdose, coils, and possibly pods all in the same order to pay once for shipping.

Man what a bad day today. I need my Square now.

ginolicious,

greenlove

Thanks for letting me know about the sale guys. I've been wanting SS pods for a while (honestly I haven't been on the square much-nor this forum since I've been vapcaping) and this was the perfect excuse to order them along with other misc supplies such as coils, O rings, powder . Maybe I'll enjoy Squaring more now!

greenlove,

O-G-Reg

So i was going a deep clean and i noticed HEAVY finish flaking in the airpath segments (4)that is in the bottom tray leading directly to the MP holding elbow. Stuck a moist Q TIP in gave it a spin....

To my absolute horror, it was covered in tiny flecks of the finish....

So where might the rest of the finish ended up that has flaked off...?
IN MY F@&$ing LUNGS THATS WHERE.

I bought the Haze Square specifically to be better for my respiratory health than combustion, but i’d rather have rolled and smoked every gram i’ve put through this thing than suck up whatever chemicals in the second rate finish was used.

In summary, i’ll probably never use this thing again.

Thanks to all i’ve interacted with in this thread, great supporting community . Going to take a T break for a month or two and look for something else to take on winter outings.
:rockon: OG

StonerSloth

cui bono?
So i was going a deep clean and i noticed HEAVY finish flaking in the airpath segments (4)that is in the bottom tray leading directly to the MP holding elbow. Stuck a moist Q TIP in gave it a spin....

To my absolute horror, it was covered in tiny flecks of the finish....

So where might the rest of the finish ended up that has flaked off...?
IN MY F@&$ing LUNGS THATS WHERE.

I bought the Haze Square specifically to be better for my respiratory health than combustion, but i’d rather have rolled and smoked every gram i’ve put through this thing than suck up whatever chemicals in the second rate finish was used.

In summary, i’ll probably never use this thing again.

Thanks to all i’ve interacted with in this thread, great supporting community . Going to take a T break for a month or two and look for something else to take on winter outings.
:rockon: OG

Please do not let this vape turn you off from vaping altogether.

There are dozens of GOOD and SAFE vaporizers out there!

Feel free to PM me or post in Ask FC if you would like vape purchasing advice!

ginolicious

I thought haze touched upon the topic of not having a finish in the airpath? Could have sworn that was around the 140-150 pages.

ginolicious,

Fushigi23

I've just about had it with Haze Technologies. Great product in design, but terrible flaws and even worse customer service. I have had multiple issues with the square such as the herb not vaping properly and using up the battery just to clear one bowl, the mp being stuck in the holder, flaking finishing on the metal, to now the battery not working. With all of these issues, I have had little to no help or even responses from the company on my issues sent through email.

I have had the Square Pro since July, and it has just been a pain. Can't sell it. Want my money's worth but can't get it. It now just sits in my drawer waiting for Haze to respond (which is a very slow response to email conversation) I don't have the time to spend months with emails trying to get this fixed.

Fushigi23,

O-G-Reg

Would be helpful if you post pics of the dreaded flakes...:nod:
Sorry for the delay. Pics werent accessable at work. There is ABSOLUTELY finish in the airpath.

eR1G2gf.jpg

And close ups of the holes. Sorry hard to get in there with the iphone camera.

1B8MH8Q.jpg

GzillcM.jpg

And one with more finish intact (because we haven’t inhaled it yet!!!)
jN81Yrl.jpg

Needless to say i wont be using my square with this or really ever again. If this finish is caustic......... hard to believe it isnt.... I’m disgusted

Last edited:
Top Bottom