Discontinued Haze Square

wall

It's really interesting to see just how many people are seeing sub par results with this vape, glad I'm not the only one. It seems like this isn't an issue of technique due to being pure convection as stated above but I'm also no expert. I for one put this one down and probably wont go for it again, it's not like it doesn't get you medicated but I just don't enjoy using it

ginolicious

It's really interesting to see just how many people are seeing sub par results with this vape, glad I'm not the only one. It seems like this isn't an issue of technique due to being pure convection as stated above but I'm also no expert. I for one put this one down and probably wont go for it again, it's not like it doesn't get you medicated but I just don't enjoy using it

That’s starting to become my issue. Gets me medicated. Can taste the nice bud. But I don’t normally feel the vapor in my mouth like I was last weekend. Not too sure what to do at this point really. Slow hard draws. Slow light draws. Fast draws. No tamp. Light tamp done it all. And last week I was getting amazing results then it just stopped.

wall

That’s starting to become my issue. Gets me medicated. Can taste the nice bud. But I don’t normally feel the vapor in my mouth like I was last weekend. Not too sure what to do at this point really. Slow hard draws. Slow light draws. Fast draws. No tamp. Light tamp done it all. And last week I was getting amazing results then it just stopped.
Best of luck! I hope you figure it out because the concept of this is really cool, but there are a lot of options out there

wall,

DumasBoy

I have been following this forum for a while now and not a big contributor to the forums in general but wanted to say afew words. I started vaping with convection vapes a while back. Owned/Sold my Volcano 2 years ago and started using Mighty exclusively. I bought a Firefly about 18 months ago and bought an MV1 recently since I could not resist the hype. I also ordered the Square (Phase 2) a while back and received it last week. The 4 chamber concept was impossible to resist as I vape a lot when I hike.

Following this forum, I almost cancelled my spot on the waiting list based on the mixed reviews. After a week with the Square, I am so glad that I did not. Now I think that people who complain about this unit, have minimum or no experience with convection vapes (assuming that they don't have a defective unit). I am a heavy user and the Square matches the performance of all of my other high end vapes (i spent a fortune collecting them by the way).

It is all about learning the principles and learning how to use a convection vape. I have not combusted once or got inconsistent results out of this vape. As far as you focus on keeping equal air flow in to the pods, you are half way there. If there is residue or blockage, that may be the reason why some people are combusting.

This is true for all convection vapes. The other point to focus on is how much heat you apply to the chamber. Of course there are other factors like your grind/pack/weed type etc. but those are again standard factors for all convection products out there.

It is easy to use, extremely fast heat up time, great flavor, and fairly easy to clean (if you have the deep cleaning tool). For the price point, it is an amazing product.

b0

Cloudy...
This announcement was made May 4 but unfortunately, we have yet to receive the upgraded mouthpiece o rings.

Anyone knows what o-ring size we need? I'm sure I can order some online for cheap.

Been puffin this thing while building an ikea drawer and I have to say I'm really impresed. Using it out of the box (downloading update to windows 10 for my pc, non able to test the app yet) it's already performing amazingly well. Grinded some Dosidos flower with my Santa Cruz Shredder, fill pod 1 with the tray, really light tamp and that's all! Been hitting it at 360 and 370 so far and I'm enjoying amazing flavor and nice light clouds. Simple press, letting it go close to the finish of the hit. I can draw slow or rip it and still works fine. Maybe it's because I'm used to convection vapes like my Milaana, but haven't had any issues with the Square so far.

So far REALLY impressed. I still need to try high temps, concentrates and the app, but it's working amazingly well :rockon:

Great product @Haze Vaporizers :bowdown:

b0,

ginolicious

@DumasBoy i wonder if you can provide pointers. I’ll be honest I’ve never used a convection vape before this one. I thought I had it figured out last week. But this week I’m getting no where with it. Not sure what I’m doing wrong with it. I’ve never combusted with it. But I’m getting very wispy vapor. Using a standard grinder with bud being stored in a mason jar. When you refer to the heat you apply to the chamber what are you referring to? This thing heats itself. Not sure how you can apply more heat or not. Or do you mean to draw very slowly to keep the air in the pods longer? Could that be my issue? Even though I think I’m drawing slow maybe I’m going too fast and that’s why my vapor production is low? How much slower do I really need to draw lol.

ginolicious,

wall

You assumed wrong with me seeing as I have a few convection vapes and I enjoy using them. Again that’s why I don’t care to use this one because I have other options I enjoy more, glad you like your’s but don’t think people having issues don’t know how to use convection

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
This may or may not help anyone, but the majority of my performance issues went away after I started using a finer grind. I also had to lower my starting temp to accommodate this. Plenty of clouds now every time.

b0

Cloudy...
Just updated my PC and tried the app. It's pretty cool how easy is to configurate temps and leds, now I'm giving it a quick charge (it's at 62% so I guess should take 15 min or less?) and gonna start trying higher temps to finish the bowl. If everything goes fine, I'm gonna fill 3 pods with 3 strains and the last one with some concentrates to test it :freak:

b0,
Reactions: mfw0mb

ginolicious

This may or may not help anyone, but the majority of my performance issues went away after I started using a finer grind. I also had to lower my starting temp to accommodate this. Plenty of clouds now every time.

Finer grind eh. That’s interesting. Guess I’ll be flipping the grinder upside down in hopes of getting a finer grind and try that tonight. I know the weed I was using last week was super dry and by default would be ground super fine. Maybe that’s what I’m missing? Hopefully that solves this issue. If not I’ll be back at square one

ginolicious,

wall

Finer grind eh. That’s interesting. Guess I’ll be flipping the grinder upside down in hopes of getting a finer grind and try that tonight. I know the weed I was using last week was super dry and by default would be ground super fine. Maybe that’s what I’m missing? Hopefully that solves this issue. If not I’ll be back at square one
Maybe a finishing grinder from magic flight will do the job

wall,

junny89

Been meaning to pick one of those up

One thing I have realised:

A magic flight finishing grinder is a MUST in ones vape arsenal! This things pays for it self and surprised it is so cheap.
If you haven't got one, get one!
Only fine grinder out there that's so cheap and awesome!

ginolicious

Looks like consensus is a fine grind. I hate buying new things. I have 4 grinders enough has it is. Even a 2pc space case. So I hope one of my grinders will get the bud as fine as I require

ginolicious,
Reactions: Jill NYC

TKraus

One thing I have realised:

A magic flight finishing grinder is a MUST in ones vape arsenal! This things pays for it self and surprised it is so cheap.
If you haven't got one, get one!
Only fine grinder out there that's so cheap and awesome!

I have one. Can confirm. I use it in all of my vapes

TKraus,
Reactions: wall

junny89

I have one. Can confirm. I use it in all of my vapes
To be honest I thought was just to use with the MFLB that's why I got it.
However later realised it's a jack of all trades and works with everything.
Just got that orbitter left to get !

junny89,

Djsleepy

Ok guys trust here ....just ordered a magic flight finishing grinder after many good reviews on thread, I do have a fine grind on a grinder card and I will use until I get my new one but my masterdam fluffs too much (never thought of that as a prob lol!!!) I'm still happy with my results but can always be better!!!!! Thanks for info.!!!!

Djsleepy,

ginolicious

Ok guys trust here ....just ordered a magic flight finishing grinder after many good reviews on thread, I do have a fine grind on a grinder card and I will use until I get my new one but my masterdam fluffs too much (never thought of that as a prob lol!!!) I'm still happy with my results but can always be better!!!!! Thanks for info.!!!!

Yeah I’m about to use a 2pc space case. Hopefully that gets it finer for me. My fresh bud from the dispensary is rather fluffy creating issues in his vape for sure. I know my unit didn’t break. And I know I didn’t forget how to use it. It has to be my grind causing the performance issue. Will report back once done. If it doesn’t work, on the shelf it goes I guess till I have weed that’s been sitting in a mason jar for months and dried out to a crisp. Hope it doesn’t come to that. Been patient and optimistic with this vape. But I can only use after work and my sessions are now feeling wasted. We shall see tonight.

Edit: just used some shit bud. But yeah I was getting vapour at 325F. I used a fine grind 2pc space case, loading tool with a light tamp. Wasn’t that bad. Wasn’t that great, but better than before. I should try my better weed tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m about to use a 2pc space case. Hopefully that gets it finer for me. My fresh bud from the dispensary is rather fluffy creating issues in his vape for sure. I know my unit didn’t break. And I know I didn’t forget how to use it. It has to be my grind causing the performance issue. Will report back once done. If it doesn’t work, on the shelf it goes I guess till I have weed that’s been sitting in a mason jar for months and dried out to a crisp. Hope it doesn’t come to that. Been patient and optimistic with this vape. But I can only use after work and my sessions are now feeling wasted. We shall see tonight.

Edit: just used some shit bud. But yeah I was getting vapour at 325F. I used a fine grind 2pc space case, loading tool with a light tamp. Wasn’t that bad. Wasn’t that great, but better than before. I should try my better weed tomorrow.
Why not just take your favorite grinder and hold it upside down when you twist the halves for a finer grind?

Brassmonkie369,

ginolicious

Used the fine grind for this. Wasnt that bad.

Cooked bowl on bottom, 325F and then finish at 395F. Decent bowl, weed was shit, did see some vapor.

aotKZvv.jpg

jp5WYaH.jpg

WGySvyJ.jpg

Last edited:

mfw0mb

Dr. Octagon
Soooooo I seem to have fixed my previous INSTANT combustion issues. The culprit. The uneven coil installed out of the box (pics posted couple pages back). I took it out, tried bending it back like @Squatch mentioned. Still wasn't happy with it's evenness so one of the back ups that came with the pack went in. 1st one probably bent after the first burn offs heating it up. Titanium tends to shift during first heat like kanthal does no?

For anyone who didn't see my past posts. These combustion issues weren't user error, overheating due to high heat settings, long draws, double/triple presses, or a dirty unit/airpath. These issues were in a new unit, instant just before the unit went green "ready' at the coils highest ramp up (unit set to lvl2 default). Combusting literally as soon as I would start to pull. I'm not the type to throw a fuss over it by all means, but I do love product testing so I'll report back to the wild haha.

The coil itself was bent sitting higher in one area near the top of the ceramic chamber, and would randomly cause a hotter spot in the corner of pod metal, heating the herb before it was heated by the air (the actual convection). Put a new one in, and bambaataa! No mo combustions... :science:

For anyone who doesn't know, the unit has a safety switch in the lid connection that prevents the coil to fire while it's exposed. This safety switch caused me a couple days of randomly tinkering with the coil thinking I could test fire it like a normal nicotine vape coil. Wrong. Had to email haze to find out what I was doing wrong. :doh: Great, thorough, and quick response Bianca. Thank you.

The coils are super easy to install and at first I wasn't a fan of the connections, thinking my troubleshooting frustrations were related. Being afraid of the unknown, I went under the hood to see the connections themselves. At the time, I was assuming one of my coil legs weren't making connection so the coil wouldn't fire... again. Wrong. Safety switch to the rescue. The connectors for the coils look like 2 copper spring flat jacks. The coil legs sit down into a nice long spring stock like clamp. Simple and easy fix if the need ever arises (highly unlikely though). If the coil feels loose or like the leg isn't sitting in place, it is. This is because of the springs having a nice wide terminal slit letting it have a little movement.

After a bit more use this week :2c:: Still loving the unit for sure! Packed all four for a day away, and lasted through the whole day. Wasn't a heavy vape day, but the fact that I didn't have to bring anything but the Square felt great. Normally I'll travel with a Grasshopper, a tube of fine grind, a tube for avb, and a stack of batteries. If it was a heavy use day while away, the Square would need a charge or 2 and a stack of extra pods. Still would be a lot less room in the backpack. Awesome flavor consistently. The GH obviously feels nicer in the pocket, but not having to constantly repack, mess with avb, and mess with a battery almost every bowl feels great. New daily driver for me I think. Save the GH hate insert "GET A XXX INSTEAD" please. I know. I got a square.

@Haze Vaporizers 2 things I really would like to see.

1: ERROR INDICATOR FIRMWARE. I mentioned this in the email but to get any other user input. Since the safety switch caused me a bit of frustration, maybe a flashing or color alternating light to show the unit is trying to be fired with the safety on. Also maybe a different set of alternating colors for a "broken coil" scenario. I felt it confusing that the unit would run through it's blue flashing heat up pattern with the "ready" green while the lid was off and no coil heating. This normal light running with the lid open had me thinking everything was running normal with a broken coil setup. The unit acted like it got to the settings temp when it was actually at room temp. Both scenarios I guess could also just be put into an "error" pattern for just a general indicator. Again just a suggestion to help avoid future user confusion. Not complaints.

2: OFFER A SAFETY PLATE. Something I noticed during my day away test. I found myself wanting to leave the pod lid in the car for any smells, but I didn't want to leave the whole unit in the car in case the extremely hot day we were having would cause damage to the battery. Didn't want to just carry around the main section with the coil exposed in my pocket, so I just risked the little bit of smell. A metal or silicone plate to cover the whole side would be great. Something that went around the middle connector that also would still leave the safety switch in place to avoid misfires while in the pocket. I would easily pay for one, even if I end up making one myself.

My one and only complaint is the delay when pushing the button to start heating. My unit has a couple second delay for the flashing that makes me feel like I'm not actually pressing the button enough. The button itself doesn't have much travel which feels nice when pushing it, but when combined with the light delay, it leaves me 2nd guessing all the time. If it had the delay with more of a click feeling, it probably wouldn't drive me nuts, but I do like the current button feel. Maybe this is all a firmware thing, maybe it's normal. I don't know.

At the end of the day..... this thing rules!

Last edited:
mfw0mb,
Had slight combustion a couple minutes ago, but I felt it starting to happen this time and was able to stop pulling before too much smoke was generated

This was after a couple days without a combustion event. I’m almost certain these are technique related. Still loving this unit for being able to stay packed and ready to go for a couple days at a time

@Haze Vaporizers : Mac app update? Also: if there could be a screen to top the bowl and keep the airway screens clear, that’s be cool. I feel like my bud sometimes gets stuck to the airway screen and makes it tougher to get good pulls

Top Bottom