Discontinued Haze Square

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I don't know why people are so surprised, when this unit worked well (as mine did) it was extremely effective and there is nothing else like it... Four bowls ready to go with on demand temp-controlled convection, very unique.

Yes without company support there are risks, while there were broad issues with the design and certain defective units, but again I still think nothing else can quite compare personally.

Firefly and Aero to some degree, but the Firewood 5 seemed like the closest thing perhaps (though he's already on FW6 now?)

Mine really was an excellent unit as well, and I would agree there is nothing like it. But to be honest, I found the 4 bowls more of a novelty than a truly practical and user-friendly designed unit. I found the loading/unloading/cleaning process was cumbersome at best, fiddley, needed the loading tray, and not something one could simply do in the dark at a show without making a huge mess. I still haven't figured out how to open it without spilling duff everywhere. It also was not user friendly in the fact that one could not replace/reload just one bowl at a time (keeping it fully loaded) because the moment you open, all 4 chambers spill out... It hits like a train, I just argue there are better options with today's $$.

Mine is actually still in working order, but I have moved on to easier options [like the Ambit] for out and about.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Mine really was an excellent unit as well, and I would agree there is nothing like it. But to be honest, I found the 4 bowls more of a novelty than a truly practical and user-friendly designed unit. I found the loading/unloading/cleaning process was cumbersome at best, fiddley, needed the loading tray, and not something one could simply do in the dark at a show without making a huge mess. I still haven't figured out how to open it without spilling duff everywhere. It also was not user friendly in the fact that one could not replace/reload just one bowl at a time (keeping it fully loaded) because the moment you open, all 4 chambers spill out... It hits like a train, I just argue there are better options with today's $$.

Mine is actually still in working order, but I have moved on to easier options [like the Ambit] for out and about.

Oh I agree, it ultimately wasn't for me regardless. I have other vapes I much prefer [like SplinterV2/Z, Tubo, Impcognito, Milaana, Eden --still prefer those all to Fury2 and Aero as on demand convection is better for me]

but if someone knows they like this style, and are okay with the risks, I say more power to them! This could be their perfect vape

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Square Pro I ordered to @VapoShop is arrived!

There is a learning curve, I quasi-combusted once, got several blank hits but after a day I found my sweet spot and got some nice bowls.

Found the App in the microsoft store and changed t° settings slightly higher. Our good friend @Shit Snacks offered me his unit and replacement parts for cheap, and my friend's unit is going to an electronician guy which is very smart and able to repair most things. So I can expect to get the needed replacement coils and 2 units as a backup so I don't mind Haze is out of business, I warrant the Square myself!

Not sure this is will fit my usage style but I appreciate:
- the awesome taste at low temp
- big clouds at higher temp
- 4 bowls!
- very fast charging

The issues I noticed for now:

- unit doesn't work well when battery is less than 50%
- tiny air leaks

I not recommand to buy it... even if I like it. But you can do it if you know the risks.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Some more thoughts about this discontinued vape (sadly)...

Yes there is some bugs, one is annoying but manageable but the other is worrying me. First, sometime the coil doesn't glow at all, if I power the unit on/off it generally fixes the issue. The other issue is a noise coming from the unit while powered off, yesterday evening my wife and daugther wasn't at home and I was reading in the bed and vaping some bowls and I could heard the unit's noise which was on the bed table... I noticed the battery life is pretty short, it wasn't an issue since the very fast charging but I don't know how good for the battery is this perpetual drain....

For now I get consistent results but I'm using rather high temp I think, for the most I'm using level 3 set at 405 and level 4 set at 430, I set level 5 at 470, used it once by mistake and quasi-combusted! I found lower temp tasty but not cloudy enough for me. Although I start to draw very slowly while heating up and a bit faster while solid green. I have to try other tek maybe and to play more with temperature... and to read this thread more!
My main issue is to get the abv where I want without open the lid, I tend to get it slightly less dark than usual, although when I put it in another vape I don't get so much out of it.
I replaced original stem by one made of metal which is twice longer and cool the vapor better, fits more tight too.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Very happy with both Squares I have, 90% of the time they are working very well, generally bugs appear when battery is depleted only.

I'm using rather high temp between 410°F to 445°F for flowers, perfectly extracted abv, fantastic taste, huge clouds. I never scortched my load using that temperatures, it happened once while I used 5th temp setting (470!) by mistake. Although I start to draw very slowly while heating up and increase my draw while solid green.

Battery life is very short, with the used @Shit Snacks unit I can get only one good session (1 bowl or 2 small ones) before to re-charge and with the brand new unit I can get 2 bowls or 3-4 small ones before the battery die (first signs of depleted battery are bugs).

About cleaning I'm stoked to see there is absolutly no need of cleaning after plus or less 10 refills (all 4 bowls) except than a quick brush&blow.

It's very sad they aren't trying to fix that bugs using a better/bigger battery... but maybe that change wasn't affordable for their business... I'll ask to my electronician guy (and friend) to try to install a better battery in one of my unit when it'll die.

Raptor5150

Haven't used my square in forever but it still rips hard! And the vapor quality when packed right is :luv:

My only complaint is that the airpath is way too short and the mouthpiece gets way too hot as a result.

Can't wait to see how it compares to the Ghost MV1

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Wow these Squares rips!

I'm very medicated using that vape, I think it's related to the amount of flowers (bigger than most convection vape I previously used, more similar to a conduction vape loading size. But I think it's too related to the wide bowl which offers more surface area to the heat. Initially, when I saw that wide bowl I got doubts about the ability to extract everything without to stir... but it works, and very well except a tiny ring of clear abv, and no hot spots when used with care.

I like a lot the 4 bowls design since there is always one or more bowl ready, and I love to get the surprise of the strain when I switch bowls.

For now the only downside is the poor battery life, 2 bowls with full performances, not more... and even if it's compensated by a quick charging time I'm afraid this is brings a fast battery degradation cause the high number of charging/discharging cycles... although I have the ESV which get the same issue with battery and it's still working after +3 years I think, so I hope the best too!

ginolicious

I tried using my square again yesterday for Christmas as I was having a beer and watching Christmas vacation. I got 2 mediocre hits. And then couldn’t get nothing. Even on a hot setting. So I threw the bud into my Flowermate and went to town. I tried. Figured I would give it a shot. Now I remember why I shelfed it right.

Petunia Vanish

Did you squeeze the unit with your hands?

I tried using my square again yesterday for Christmas as I was having a beer and watching Christmas vacation. I got 2 mediocre hits. And then couldn’t get nothing. Even on a hot setting. So I threw the bud into my Flowermate and went to town. I tried. Figured I would give it a shot. Now I remember why I shelfed it right.

Petunia Vanish,

ginolicious

The stars have aligned this evening. In this pandemic. I decided to bring her out. And I tell you. Instant vapor first hit. So easy on my lungs. Doesn’t feel like I’m inhaling anything. Yet exhaling nice visible vapor. On my 3rd setting not sure the temp haha. I did a full pack of the pod. And no tamp. Today she works. And reminds me why I fell in love. So easy on my lungs too. Which nice break over my Flowermate cap.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
The stars have aligned this evening. In this pandemic. I decided to bring her out. And I tell you. Instant vapor first hit. So easy on my lungs. Doesn’t feel like I’m inhaling anything. Yet exhaling nice visible vapor. On my 3rd setting not sure the temp haha. I did a full pack of the pod. And no tamp. Today she works. And reminds me why I fell in love. So easy on my lungs too. Which nice break over my Flowermate cap.
I pull mine out every now and then too. Its still a good vape even for concentrates. I get visible vapor. I think alot of issues came along when having to fully glean and patiently rebuild. But if you get everything lined up and correctly placed. You have a pretty good vape. I use it with a whip sometimes too. Fun little vape. Gotta ration use as who knows when it will be its last load

Xclerk,
Reactions: C No Ego

ginolicious

Last time I tried using it in December. Didn’t work. I didn’t clean it or take it apart between now and then. But boy oh boy she was killing it. I’m gonna pack 4 bowls today and use her good.

ginolicious,

caseball2051

I still break mine out once in a while too. I have a unit that works really well. I've been using basket screens to reduce the bowl size.

I'm thinking about replacing the battery soon. I bought a bunch of spare parts when they closed up shop.

caseball2051,
Reactions: Xclerk

ginolicious

Wish I had batteries. But I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to keep using this for a few more years. But I will be using it solely this holiday weekend. Unless she doesn’t perform. But so far. So good.:sherlock: Forgot how cool the vapor was. Boy was it a nice surprise. Don’t even know but pretty sure I was vaping at 400 or 420 without issue and the herb was lightly toasted.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Xclerk

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Wish I got in on the spares when they were all on clearence. I def would have grabbed a bit of everything. Especially coils. I occasionally see like the silicone covers but not much else. Everytime I use it or think about it. I contemplate grabbing a dual as there like 100bucks now and still a decent vape. I also like having strange older vapes. Just got an Apollo and a loto lux for shits and giggles

ginolicious

Wish I got in on the spares when they were all on clearence. I def would have grabbed a bit of everything. Especially coils. I occasionally see like the silicone covers but not much else. Everytime I use it or think about it. I contemplate grabbing a dual as there like 100bucks now and still a decent vape. I also like having strange older vapes. Just got an Apollo and a loto lux for shits and giggles

dual is a great vape. Problem is the batteries aren’t a standard 18560. Somebody found them for sale and they work. But expensive to get to Canada.

ginolicious,

Choices

@Xclerk and @ginolicious I found Dual batteries and also a few open box Dual 2.5 models I’ve used. It is a workhorse but I only use it on occasion now. I did get it out just the other day, charged a cell up from storage level and it performed just as I remembered. I always wonder what would have happened if they had just kept improving the Dual instead of diverting things to the Square. Guess we’ll never know...

Choices,

ginolicious

@Xclerk and @ginolicious I found Dual batteries and also a few open box Dual 2.5 models I’ve used. It is a workhorse but I only use it on occasion now. I did get it out just the other day, charged a cell up from storage level and it performed just as I remembered. I always wonder what would have happened if they had just kept improving the Dual instead of diverting things to the Square. Guess we’ll never know...

yeah I owned a V3. Full temperature control on the v4 would have been nice. Loved the two bowls. I need more herb chambers for that one too though. The batteries you found probably ship to Canada but cost a fortune. Loved that vape. Was a daily driver for years. And was passed to the gf cause the batteries are so shit haha.

ginolicious,

LitPot

I have had both of the hazes and really loved their vapes. I do regret selling my dual v3 to buy the square but what is done is done. I do miss my v3 it was a great vape but now my square is just a paper weight unfortunately. However, I did recently get the firefly 2+ and it is a great vape so far. It has the same instant heat up convention idea as the square did. The flavor is better on the firefly in my opinion but if anyone is looking for a quick heating vape then this is the one for you. I have heard about the complaints concerning the FF1 and FF2 but the FF2+ is awesome just thought I would share with everyone.

LitPot,
Reactions: Jill NYC

ginolicious

I been running this guy hard lately. I been doing the double button press method though and the clouds are huge. No combustion other than the first hit that sometimes happen on a single press. But boy oh boy. Draw 3 seconds. Press button again and you off to the races.

ginolicious,
Reactions: Jill NYC

LitPot

Mine sadly does not heat up at all, first one bricked. Shipped that one out it worked for a few months they went under and my coil went.

LitPot,

ginolicious

Just did a nice full tray. All my bowls are nice and brown. Amazing. I love the flavour. Oh how did I miss the flavour from convection vapes. Even the bowl thag I double pressed the heat up and it was still about the same brown. Love it. But I may need another convection vape to satirist my flavour needs

ginolicious,
Top Bottom