• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Dual V3

George1151

I replaced mine as posted above and it works like new. Don't use it much but it works now at least.

I have a new in box Haze Dual V3 , including their XL accessory batteries.
Will their stock and XL batts work in other 18650 vapes or are they slightly too long?

The Haze batteries are protected 18650 batteries which are longer than standard protected. both protected and no protected come in button top or flat top. Haze ones are button top.

Last edited by a moderator:

MinnBobber

I replaced mine as posted above and it works like new. Don't use it much but it works now at least.

The Haze batteries are protected 18650 batteries which are longer than standard protected. both protected and no protected come in button top or flat top. Haze ones are button top.

Will the Haze batteries work in other vapes that use button top 18650 batteries?

MinnBobber,
Reactions: C No Ego

Majordude2626

Eh this vape still works for me. It’s just the batteries that need replacing
Just ran a can through fc-187. I’m mostly Dynavap, and a little ff2. I totally forgot the creeper effect from this thing. Taking all those hits, then letting the high just materialize. This was a kick ass device. The square blew that company apart. I’m gonna have to give this a ride every month or 2.

Fightingteam

Just ran a can through fc-187. I’m mostly Dynavap, and a little ff2. I totally forgot the creeper effect from this thing. Taking all those hits, then letting the high just materialize. This was a kick ass device. The square blew that company apart. I’m gonna have to give this a ride every month or 2.
I took my v3 on a recent road trip and ran through 8 bowls over a day. I can actually still use my 2 original XL batteries (the ones with the grey wrap) though 8 is the limit of how many bowls they can go through these days. Still works really well after years of use and still gives great flavor with good flower. I can only use the bottom bowl as my switch is broken and only turns one way. I usually have that keyring bowl holder full if I take it out with me. Definitely going to miss my Haze if it ever goes out but plenty of good alternatives there these days.

summerboy

Hi fellow vapers,

I hope someone is still watching the haze forum because I think I have an issue with my Dual v3 :(

I have had it for about 2 years and I use it daily. Last sunday I cleaned it the usual way, Qtips and Iso for the ovens and the vapor path and a bath of Iso for the canisters, the mouth pieces and the metal pieces detached from the silicon part that goes over the ovens. I then rinse these last parts with water put them in a piece of kitchen paper and let everything sit for a few hours. That night when used it I noticed a foul flavor that I had never notice before, it was an alcohol like flavor, I thought that was weird because a lot of time had passed and any possible alcohol leftover should have been evaporated, so I took the canisters out and switched the Dual on again on 1 to evaporate any alcohol. I left it heat for about 2 minutes and opened it and saw smoke coming out from one of the ovens (the one closer to the top) it looks like if it was coming from inside the unit, under the oven. I don´t know if this is normal, I have never noticed any smoke coming out from it and I don´t know if it can be dangerous to use anymore. I must say that I tried a couple of times since then and the smoke keeps on coming out whenever I turn it on. Now I am afraid that some plastic or electronic component might be damaged and burning inside (not nice to put in my lungs) Have anyone experienced this before? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

ginolicious

Did you soak your gaskets on the oven with ISO? You should never do that. Also if you did not do that. Could be iso resin ants from the oven lids.

soak the silicone in hot soapy water. Thorough rinse. Do a burn off.

ginolicious,

summerboy

Did you soak your gaskets on the oven with ISO? You should never do that. Also if you did not do that. Could be iso resin ants from the oven lids.

soak the silicone in hot soapy water. Thorough rinse. Do a burn off.
Hey thanks for your help! I soaked the basket in iso but not in the oven, in a separted glass with the other metal pieces. I used a qtip with iso to clean the ovens. I will do what you suggest later in the day and will report back. Thanks again :)

summerboy,

ginolicious

Some ISO clearly got onto your gasket. You are going to need to rinse everything pretty thorough. And do a burn off possibly too. Can also run ABV through it as well.

ginolicious,

summerboy

when you sat gasket do you mean the canisters or the oven? How would you suggest I could rinse the oven if it is inside? could you please elaborate on how to use ABV to help with this?

summerboy,

ginolicious

Are you referring to the oven itself? Or the rubber gasket on the lid of the unit that holds the two metal pieces?

If it’s the oven. You need to do a burn off highest heat setting. And probably just place abv in it and let it cook

ginolicious,

summerboy

Ah, thanks for clarifying! the smoke comes out from underneath the oven not the rubber gasket (sorry I didn't know the name of the rubber part)
I will clean the gasket with soapy water and will do a burn off with the ABV. Hope this works, I will report back. Thanks again!

summerboy,

ginolicious

If you wiped your ovens with ISO, the area that holds the herb canisters, then yes, you will need to do a burn off for sure.

ginolicious,

summerboy

So I tried to do both, cleaning the gasket with soapy water and a burn off with ABV but the smoke is still coming from the ovens. I am not sure if there is something wrong or it is just some piece of herb the could have fall inside of the unit... just to make sure, you do not see any smoke coming from the ovens in your Dual, do you?

summerboy,

ginolicious

I have never had that issue. It seems like you have something trapped somewhere. Probably under your ovens.

Just so I fully understand. It’s not a taste that is the issue, rather smoke coming from the ovens? Does this happen with the lid open and closed? Can you see where the smoke is coming from?

ginolicious,

summerboy

Regarding flavour it seems like it is normal but I am not using it as to say it for sure (just used it to check the flavour)... the issue is the smoke that comes from under the ovens (I think from the hole in the bottom)I only see it if I open it, I would describe it like the smoke that comes from a lit cigarette. I also can hear a whirring sound but just sometimes

summerboy,

ginolicious

I am not too sure what to say. Seems like I am the only one monitoring this thread currently. I havent had that issue ever with mine. You could always open it up and take a greater look if you feel comfortable in doing so. Wont void a warranty since Haze is out of business.

ginolicious,
Reactions: summerboy

ginolicious

Regarding flavour it seems like it is normal but I am not using it as to say it for sure (just used it to check the flavour)... the issue is the smoke that comes from under the ovens (I think from the hole in the bottom)I only see it if I open it, I would describe it like the smoke that comes from a lit cigarette. I also can hear a whirring sound but just sometimes

Not to double post, but what does it smell like? Pot or eletronics?

summerboy

Not to double post, but what does it smell like? Pot or eletronics?
I have been trying to figure that since I discover the smoke and as of today is not clear to me. It doesn't smell like burnt plastic that is for sure, it doesn't smell like weed or ABV either, I am not sure how electronics would smell. It is certainly very neutral for the amount of smoke that it generates.

I tried to open it but one of the screws refuses to cooperate and its head is starting to break for trying too hard :doh:

As much as I love the Haze maybe this is all a signal that I should get a new vape on black friday 😅 Aware of sellers offering good discounts in Canada?

ginolicious

I have been trying to figure that since I discover the smoke and as of today is not clear to me. It doesn't smell like burnt plastic that is for sure, it doesn't smell like weed or ABV either, I am not sure how electronics would smell. It is certainly very neutral for the amount of smoke that it generates.

I tried to open it but one of the screws refuses to cooperate and its head is starting to break for trying too hard :doh:

As much as I love the Haze maybe this is all a signal that I should get a new vape on black friday 😅 Aware of sellers offering good discounts in Canada?

herbolizer store is always good. Got my firefly from them. Never an issue.

Sorry your haze is being retired. I love mine. And do use is occasionally. My girl uses it daily. Not me though. I did buy into their haze square which left a bad taste in my mouth. But this dual V3. This fucking thing was something else. That’s for sure.

ginolicious,
Reactions: KidFated.

wastedpotential

It might be time for a new vape.
I did like my Haze Dual, but that died around the time of the Haze Square. And the Square gave me the instant heatup and pure convection which taught me that the technology keeps advancing quick.
I went through the Square, and then the Ghost, chasing that quick heatup with great convection taste, and battled with the inconsistency while truly enjoying the taste.

After getting burned by two companies shutting down (Haze and Ghost), I went with the stable Crafty+. The experience wasn't as great as the Ghost (when it worked properly), but it is always consistent.

Now I have the TinyMight as my daily, with the Crafty+ as a backup. TinyMight is really good, and simple.

Hopefully, your smoking Haze is just some debris that somehow fell under the oven and will burn off eventually. But, look for a new vape, even if just for a backup.

Top Bottom