• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Haze Dual V3

C No Ego

That exchange was painful to read *LOL*, Gino you deserve a medal :)

Quick question for the group, my haze seems to go to max temp now, even on the lowest setting :( and it does that with any battery and every tray.

Definitely getting in touch with Haze, natch, any other suggestions?
maybe clean under the on/off flip switch with iso and q-tip or a flat towelette that can fit into the underside the lip ... I sometimes need to open it a few times to get the light to turn on just right but build up can effect it somewhat... if it feels sticky when you turn it on that is certainly a possibility.

C No Ego,

CauseBurn

maybe clean under the on/off flip switch with iso and q-tip or a flat towelette that can fit into the underside the lip ... I sometimes need to open it a few times to get the light to turn on just right but build up can effect it somewhat... if it feels sticky when you turn it on that is certainly a possibility.

Are you thinking the button is sticking down?

CauseBurn,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

Are you thinking the button is sticking down?
no, the flip switch that goes to the side to turn unit on is what I'm referencing. I've had it not activate right away and I had to turn it a few times to get it going.. I think my issue was residue build up under that switch because it is next to the vapor path... the button on top is away from the vapor path and should not ever have issue

C No Ego,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks anyway. I did email them many times since with no reply. Haze Vaporizers are a bad company to deal with.

Perhaps you had a bad experience with them but the overwhelming majority of FC members who are customers of Haze have had great experiences. Claiming that Haze is a bad company to deal with is unfair and flies in the face of the evidence posted in this and other threads.

In case you aren't aware, we have rules here to prevent FC from becoming a bully pulpit where unhappy customers can try to shame companies. You are allowed to post your problem once as long as you are respectful. (To be clear, you have been so far.) The company can make one post in response. After that, neither side is permitted to post about the issue until it is either resolved or reaches a stalemate, unless adding important new information. Once the outcome is known, you (or the company, or both) can then post a description. Please keep this in mind when making future posts. Thanks for your cooperation.

stuey

Does anyone have a Haze v3 14mm wood to glass tool adaptor that they dont need?

I sant find one anywhere for sale so would be very happy to buy one form one of you guys.

Please let me know if you can help.

Best wishes

C No Ego

Does anyone have a Haze v3 14mm wood to glass tool adaptor that they dont need?

I sant find one anywhere for sale so would be very happy to buy one form one of you guys.

Please let me know if you can help.

Best wishes
@Ed's TnT can make one for you... he made one for me a few months back ... I broke the original wooden WPA and have grown to love that wood... I have a spare 18mm wood WPA I do not use but need to hang onto the 14mm... message Ed and see if he can hook you up with a hardy wooden haze v3 wpa of your choice

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
@Ed's TnT can make one for you... he made one for me a few months back ... I broke the original wooden WPA and have grown to love that wood... I have a spare 18mm wood WPA I do not use but need to hang onto the 14mm... message Ed and see if he can hook you up with a hardy wooden haze v3 wpa of your choice

Hey hey, thanks for spreading the word of my work bro, most grateful. I haven't done one of those in a while and did get an email about having this done. Appreciate you and thanks again. Wish you well my man.

ginolicious

V3 had minor upgrades. The mouthpiece has a lip on the V3 giving better grip to pull it out when the airpath gets gunked up.

ginolicious,

George1151

Has anyone re-wrapped their batteries? I have 2 sets of original Haze batteries for my V3. The original ones that came with the unit (light blue) and a set of XL batteries which I purchased quite a while later. The original batteries are mint.

The XL batteries started to fray at both ends very soon after I got them but I didn't pay that much attention to it until they now seem unsafe and one of them the positive end button separated. I have not been using either of them for a while now but I was wondering if I can buy a battery tube and shrink wrap it myself.

Any tips or thoughts would be appreciated. I have also just now sent a pm to Haze.

Last edited:

ilsasta

Re-wrapping will definitely void warranty, and in case of accident Haze won't be held responsible anymore. I have never re-wrapped any battery and I would personally stick to original parts.

What color is everyone rocking...purple looks awesome!!:clap:

Rocking a gray here mate :rockon:

:peace:

ilsasta,

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Has anyone re-wrapped their batteries? I have 2 sets of original Haze batteries for my V3. The original ones that came with the unit (light blue) and a set of XL batteries which I purchased quite a while later. The original batteries are mint.

I had the same thing happen to my XL's, so when it was time to replace them, I got new regular ones (dark blue) about 8 month ago. While my original (light blue) batteries look good, they don't hold a charge for very long (overnight they lose about 1/2 their charge just sitting). The original XL's started having the same problem, even before the casing deteriorated. Both sets are around 3 yrs old.

I would say these batteries have a lifespan of 2 yrs or less, no matter what you do with the wrappings (which actually sound potentially dangerous), so it's probably not worth the risk. Just get a new pair - and stick with the regular capacity - they seem much better built, and I regularly go thru 6 cans on a charge (I always start the day with a freshly charged battery), with another battery on the charger, so no need for the XL, IMHO.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

The XL batteries started to fray at both ends very soon after I got them but I didn't pay that much attention to it until they now seem unsafe and one of them the positive end button separated. I have not been using either of them for a while now but I was wondering if I can buy a battery tube and shrink wrap it myself.

Any tips or thoughts would be appreciated. I have also just now sent a pm to Haze.

Since the Haze batteries have a protection circuit (which is why they are longer than unprotected 18650) I would be wary of trying to re-wrap them.

ginolicious

Can you use any 18560 battery for this? Or must we use the ones from haze? And if so what is the difference except for the wrapping?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Can you use any 18560 battery for this? Or must we use the ones from haze? And if so what is the difference except for the wrapping?

You need batteries from Haze. Because of the protection circuitry, the Haze battery is longer than an unprotected 18650. There are other protected 18650s out there but I would not use any of them. I have no idea whether they'd work.

ginolicious

Nope. Not here buddy. Love my Square. It’s perfect for 2 quick puffs in the garage over a session. If noobs come over the Dual comes out. Square is unreal for the wife and I. We have no issues with it.

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
Anyone using the dual over the square?

Been using the Dual for nearly 3 years - 6 cans daily - works flawlessly. I can also mico-dose easily by how much I put in a can. It's 100% consistent, and the most convenient vape I own. Fill my cans in the morning, and I am ready for the day - grab an extra battery and I'm good for a weekend trip.

I keep trying to get the Square to work, and when it does, it uses twice the material for half the hits. I loved the idea of 4 bowls, but they're twice the size of the Dual's, and seem to generate far less hits, and sometimes I only get maybe 1 or 2 really good hits, and then nada.

I do remember the Dual Version 2 - it has a few issues - and they were all resolved in the V3. I hope they can resolve the many issues with the Square in it's next release (consistency, combustion, battery, seals, mouthpiece, flaking finish). But even if they do, I think I'd still prefer the Dual (smaller, lighter, cleaner, and easy-load fully-covered cans)

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
It appears Haze has gone out of business. Facebook page down, website not working. No responses from members on the forum or reply to emails or tickets opened for warranty.

Think it’s time to mark this one down as discontinued.

Much of the http://hazesquare.com website works for me. Some links don't, ones that point to the site that is gone dark. I do not know what this means yet, but it could be that they are moving info to a new website- the videos on the site I posted here seem to suggest this.

Top Bottom