Discontinued Haze Dual V3

CalyxSmokr

971.gif

Last edited:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
it is really just different consistencies and how the oil is treated after blasting. Shatter is harder to make and will wax up if you stir it etc.
Mostly shatter is better but that is not a rule. Shatter takes more care so generally it is made from higher quality bud - but there are exceptions. I think shatter works better in vape pens than wax too.

This is the Haze thread. If anyone would like to discuss the differences between wax and shatter should feel free to do so in the Concentrates section or via PM.

Thanks.

:peace:

Last edited:

stefuschko

I had time now to thest my new V3 and I have to say that it works amazing. I have also the solo / Extreme Q as a comparison.

What I like a lot about the V3 is that compared to the two others you have no draw resistance, what makes the vaping experience much more pleasant.

Also the structure and densitiy of the vapor are outstanding.

But now the most important: The herbs are evenly baked and the effect form the V3 is faster and hitting harder then from other vapes I tried so far (and I have already a couple of years experience).

So I can say, that I'm very happy with my V3. Now I'm looking forward to use it with some rosin and report back how this one went.

rshetts

I don't know if it was worth it. Can't find a thread on version 2. I anticipate sending mine back once it arrives
I don't know if we would be upgrade or warranty eligible

Since the upgrade program has been suspended, its not upgrade eligible, and really it shouldnt be. Buying a close out item at around 40% retail and expecting the manufacturer to replace it with a top of the line model is a bit much. I see no reason why it wouldnt be covered under Hazes 10 year warranty though. You would need to check with Scott on that but Im pretty sure Vape USA is an authorized reseller. The Haze 2.5 ( which is what you likely received ) is an excellent unit. It functions quite like the V3 in most ways. There were some minor upgrades but they are functionally very similar. The cans between the two are interchangable so if you want the new upgraded V3 cans you can buy them as accessories and they will work fine in the 2.5 Honestly a new 2.5 for what you paid is a real bargain. Its not the latest model but its a damned good unit.

amethystwolf

Since the upgrade program has been suspended, its not upgrade eligible, and really it shouldnt be. Buying a close out item at around 40% retail and expecting the manufacturer to replace it with a top of the line model is a bit much. I see no reason why it wouldnt be covered under Hazes 10 year warranty though. You would need to check with Scott on that but Im pretty sure Vape USA is an authorized reseller. The Haze 2.5 ( which is what you likely received ) is an excellent unit. It functions quite like the V3 in most ways. There were some minor upgrades but they are functionally very similar. The cans between the two are interchangable so if you want the new upgraded V3 cans you can buy them as accessories and they will work fine in the 2.5 Honestly a new 2.5 for what you paid is a real bargain. Its not the latest model but its a damned good unit.
I completely agree about the upgrade issue. And, I'd consider it a nice bonus if it was covered by warranty.

And I agree with you about this being a great deal for the 2.5 - if it's 2 it's a little less hot but it's truly a great price for the 2.5. VAS is real, and I don't even want to believe haha.

bidrock

I've got the v3 coming tonight from the vapeworld Vaentine's day sale, $186. Great price. Then I contemplated on the Vapeusa sale for the whole afternoon and pulled the trigger on another. The above posts give me confidence that a 2.5 will suffice along with a 3. Average price is at $135 and I'm more than happy with that.

I'll check back in when I get the Vapeusa one and let you know what version comes in.

Does the unit get dirtier quicker vaping flowers or concentrate? Not sure if one is thicker than the other.

So ready to Vape tonight!!! Love getting new vapes :-)

Fightingteam

Vape USA buyers. Please post the definitive answer to is it a V2 or V2.5
Thanks
Maybe serial number to Haze and they can give the 100% correct answer
I registered my serial with Haze last night but haven't heard back yet. I'll post back when they confirm what version it is. No matter what version I'm still really liking it.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Enjoy it guys, it is a wonderfull device.

I had time now to thest my new V3 and I have to say that it works amazing. I have also the solo / Extreme Q as a comparison.

What I like a lot about the V3 is that compared to the two others you have no draw resistance, what makes the vaping experience much more pleasant.

No draw resistance? What is draw resistance? Because if we have the same definition I would say that the mouthpiece alone has draw resistance. Or are you saying that those other vaporizers have an even greater resistance? Greater to a length that when compared to the Haze dual the Haze dual appears to have none.

Just wondering, because I thought the resistance on the dual was actually pretty high.

Last edited by a moderator:

GameEnders

I just got the Haze v3 a week ago after reading through this thread (thanks to all the helpful posters). The only vaporizer I own is the Flowermate v5.0s, and the Haze is better for me in so many ways. I love loading two separate loading areas, I usually do two sessions a night and this means I get great flavor twice. The vapor production is very good and I would say effortless compared to my Flowermate, the draw has just the right amount of resistance. I can also clear a chamber in about half the hits of my Flowermate, which is perfect for me. And the size is quite a bit smaller than I thought it would be from the pictures, I took it out on a date night and my palm completely covers it.

I was thinking I would only like the conduction screens, but the convection hit almost as well (which surprised me), taste a little better longer into your session, and keep your chambers clean. I tried the oil can and the flower can as well loaded with flower, they all work great! I pack it down with one of the cans, or if they are not handy with the back of the tweezers. I thought I might not like the cans as much but it has made maintaining and cleaning this thing a breeze and very convenient. I love that it uses 18650 batteries so you can swap them out whenever. I ordered the D020-D with an adapter from Delta3D, I can't wait to try it.

The only negative I can think of is flavor. The flavor is good and towards the end of the bowl better than my Flowermate. However, at the beginning the Flowermate has a much stronger herbal taste that I don't get as much with the Haze v3. I usually start at 2 and then finish at 3, I may have to try the first heat setting and see if I get that taste.

This thing has impressed me every day so far. I think I'm in love :). Any compromises this thing makes it seems to make the right way, I really like this little device.

For the previous commenters referring to coupon code I got mine on puffitup and the coupon code PUFFEDUP gave 15% off, which made it right around 210$. Hopefully I can post this here, first time poster.

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
The only negative I can think of is flavor. The flavor is good and towards the end of the bowl better than my Flowermate. However, at the beginning the Flowermate has a much stronger herbal taste that I don't get as much with the Haze v3. I usually start at 2 and then finish at 3, I may have to try the first heat setting and see if I get that taste.

You should definitely start at 1. It gives great taste.

GameEnders

Thanks gameenders, this thread led me to purchasing one as well, your initial impressions solidified that. Just waiting for a good deal. Really hoping to find it under 200 but I might just have to bite the bullet.

Well if you do pay more and get it from puffitup, I ordered it at about 4PM on a Wednesday, it shipped out that same day, and I had it by Friday. I thought I waited too long and would get it the next week, I was super impressed with how fast they got it to me. So that's one positive.

Thank you! Guess I jumped the gun vapor chasing lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

woolspinner

I thought I might not like the cans as much but it has made maintaining and cleaning this thing a breeze and very convenient.

I may have to try the first heat setting and see if I get that taste.

Yep. Start at 1. I use my Haze normally on 1 or 2.

I feel the same way about the cans, now that they have the SS dry herb lid. Did not like vaping with the silicone lid.

scottg402

I just got the Haze v3 a week ago after reading through this thread (thanks to all the helpful posters). The only vaporizer I own is the Flowermate v5.0s, and the Haze is better for me in so many ways. I love loading two separate loading areas, I usually do two sessions a night and this means I get great flavor twice. The vapor production is very good and I would say effortless compared to my Flowermate, the draw has just the right amount of resistance. I can also clear a chamber in about half the hits of my Flowermate, which is perfect for me. And the size is quite a bit smaller than I thought it would be from the pictures, I took it out on a date night and my palm completely covers it.

I was thinking I would only like the conduction screens, but the convection hit almost as well (which surprised me), taste a little better longer into your session, and keep your chambers clean. I tried the oil can and the flower can as well loaded with flower, they all work great! I pack it down with one of the cans, or if they are not handy with the back of the tweezers. I thought I might not like the cans as much but it has made maintaining and cleaning this thing a breeze and very convenient. I love that it uses 18650 batteries so you can swap them out whenever. I ordered the D020-D with an adapter from Delta3D, I can't wait to try it.

This thing has impressed me every day so far. I think I'm in love :). Any compromises this thing makes it seems to make the right way, I really like this little device.

For the previous commenters referring to coupon code I got mine on puffitup and the coupon code PUFFEDUP gave 15% off, which made it right around 210$. Hopefully I can post this here, first time poster.

Welcome to the family! Thanks for taking the time to write that nice review.

As others have said, level 1 is tasty town. I sometimes kill a whole chamber on that temp. :nod:

Fightingteam

As others have said, level 1 is tasty town. I sometimes kill a whole chamber on that temp. :nod:
I guess it's just the v2.5 but my recently received unit (it's either a 2.5 or v2) doesn't seem to give vapor till temp 3. Is that normal? I can get a slight taste at one but nothing visible and not much sensation when compared to my Pax 2 at temp 1.

amethystwolf

Anyone else hear that to the tune from Funky Town? That's awesome and now it will be in my head all day. :-)
I get nothing on level 1, which is why someday I need a 3 - so I can go to Tasty Town!

amethystwolf,
Reactions: Mirimi

scottg402

Are you folks with these new units getting zero, zilch, nada on level 1? Level 1 on the v2 and prior has a temp geared towards e-liquid specifically and level 1 for the 2.5 was set around 350F so you should be able to get some lighter vapor if it's a 2.5 but not expect anything if it's earlier than a 2.5.

I am still confirming the serial numbers. I know who shipped it but am waiting on confirmation of what version we were shipping then.

MinnBobber

I guess it's just the v2.5 but my recently received unit (it's either a 2.5 or v2) doesn't seem to give vapor till temp 3. Is that normal? I can get a slight taste at one but nothing visible and not much sensation when compared to my Pax 2 at temp 1.
I know Haze Original model reviews were that temps 1 and 2 (of 4) were deemed useless as the temps were too low. Strong recommendation went to Haze to raise the temps.

V 2.5 had the higher temps.

?? Not sure if V 2.0 had the higher temps ?? Anybody know form sure?

MinnBobber,

sag

Are you folks with these new units getting zero, zilch, nada on level 1? Level 1 on the v2 and prior has a temp geared towards e-liquid specifically and level 1 for the 2.5 was set around 350F so you should be able to get some lighter vapor if it's a 2.5 but not expect anything if it's earlier than a 2.5.

I am still confirming the serial numbers. I know who shipped it but am waiting on confirmation of what version we were shipping then.

I'll give 1 a try. I have been on 2 for the first few and then to 3 to finish up the load.

sag,

GameEnders

Thank you Scott. I got a lot of good info from you on this forum, it definitely helped make my decision, and so far this Haze vaporizer rocks! I was starting on 2 because I was reading that it didn't vaporize well until you got to 2, but that must have been referring to the older versions.

amethystwolf

Thank you Scott! I get taste on level 1 and 2, no vapor until level 3. That's with the cans though, I'm gonna try again soon with the convection screens.

scottg402

I know Haze Original model reviews were that temps 1 and 2 (of 4) were deemed useless as the temps were too low. Strong recommendation went to Haze to raise the temps.

V 2.5 had the higher temps.

?? Not sure if V 2.0 had the higher temps ?? Anybody know form sure?
Yep....Back then it was start on three and finish on four. Once and a while I would kick it on two for a few but from what I recall the vapor was pretty thin there too (but visible and tasty).

These are in fact confirmed as v2.0 both by usage descriptions and ship date. Still a good deal folks (IMO). Just less usable temps but for the price you all paid I think it's a nice add. We welcome you all to the family! As others have said, we don't discriminate by version here. I just retitled the thread to Haze Dual V3 because that is what people are looking for now. Please let me know of any other questions.

Top Bottom