Hash pipe

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Looks perfect in the video. I wonder what the trick is to get it to work so well, and why people in this thread are reporting it not working so well...
Cuz it seems to me anyway, for people that enjoy this type of basic portability, the "dab straw" replaced it..?

No need for a pipe even... just hit it straight out of the container.

coolbreeze

The hash pipe I got from TAKO is very narrow--you heat the straight end of the wand instead of the bulb and the chamber just fits it. I think that may be why it works better than the more open bowl for me. I don't know how it works better, maybe it keeps the heat contained and focused, or the hash in place, or maybe less vapor escapes? Not sure but it's a nice pipe. I feel like I could get good results with it if I used it regularly.

Mickk

Cuz it seems to me anyway, for people that enjoy this type of basic portability, the "dab straw" replaced it..?

No need for a pipe even... just hit it straight out of the container.
But those only work for rosin, and not for traditional hash, or?

Mickk,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Mickk

Quasar?
Over a half ounce of flower at minimum?!? WTF?!?
This sounds like the most wasteful thing ever!

What am I missing :shrug:

You put the hash in the bottom of the bowl, then heat the bulbous round end of the glass rod, then set it down on top of the hash in the bowl to vaporize it.
The measurements on their website are for shisha tobacco, not for flower or hash

The quasar is amazing for hash:

Mickk,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
But those only work for rosin, and not for traditional hash, or?
I've never used a dab straw myself, but "traditional" hash isn't very common in the U.S. anymore, not that it really ever was... but yeah rosin, hash rosin, many forms of BHO (live resin, diamonds and sauce etc) and I'd imagine full-melt bubble, too...?

Chameleon site:

"Call it dabbing if you want to, but Chameleon has been making vented bowls long before extracts, rigs and pens were popularized. Then and Now, this method of enjoying concentrate (hash/rosin/live resin) is superior to both pens and rigs."

And the vid looks like some form of full-melt concentrate is being vaped...

Edit: Around here in Maine most people call all rosin simply "hash" these days... no "live" distinction either even tho almost all of it is live rosin.

Last edited:

Mickk

I've never used a dab straw myself, but "traditional" hash isn't very common in the U.S. anymore, not that it really ever was... but yeah rosin, hash rosin, many forms of BHO (live resin, diamonds and sauce etc) and I'd imagine full-melt bubble, too...?

Chameleon site:

"Call it dabbing if you want to, but Chameleon has been making vented bowls long before extracts, rigs and pens were popularized. Then and Now, this method of enjoying concentrate (hash/rosin/live resin) is superior to both pens and rigs."

And the vid looks like some form of full-melt concentrate is being vaped...

Edit: Around here in Maine most people call all rosin simply "hash" these days... no "live" distinction either even tho almost all of it is live rosin.
That makes sense! For rosin I'm good with my puffco proxy, and glass dab rig, but I'm looking to add something to the collection for traditional hash

I found this one (which is made locally even), so I'm gonna pick one up: https://www.instagram.com/sibsypipes/

I love this green one: https://www.instagram.com/p/C2QFWb8MF5l/?img_index=2

It's a combustion device though, please don't shoot me ;-)

Farid

Those hash kettles look like they won't work with melty hash, since it requires you to light the hash, and it keeps burning.

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Those hash kettles look like they won't work with melty hash, since it requires you to light the hash, and it keeps burning.
Spot on. My happle (op cit) works best with dry sift , and even then, not too soft/oily. Lebanese & Moroccan are perfect. Sweaty afghan/kashmiri gear is nice too, but also harder to work with (I find I use more), and a messier clean up.

beluga808

I jump in here as well. I ordered the Gandalf Pipe from Chameleon Glass and now waiting for it to arrive. I'm planning to use it with bubble hash. Haven't seen this thread before ordering, wasn't aware of the hammers from Tako and Many Moons... (at least I saved some money :D)
Any news or insights from you guys in the meanwhile? Better techniques or better glass devices found?

ChameleonGlassGuy

Boro Addict
Looks perfect in the video. I wonder what the trick is to get it to work so well, and why people in this thread are reporting it not working so well...

Does anyone know if these (or similar variants) are available in Europe? I'd love the way this one looks: https://chameleonglass.com/product/glenns-briar-vented-glass-hash-pipe/ (I'm a sucker for amber colors), but having to order it from the US adds a lot of extra cost
Hi Mickk, I'm going to put a quick primer on it dated today...

ChameleonGlassGuy

Boro Addict
Hey Now! First, thank you to everyone who has tried the Focus Bowls. I've seen a few comments that are looking for some direction, so, I plan to make a video this weekend and will attempt to post it here, or I will put on the CG youtube and post a link.

Some baseline info:

1) They work for traditional solid hash, but not as well as the kettles or just a simple thumbtack under a common drinking glass. The Focus line was really designed around solventless / rosin and pressed live resin...soft. It also is called hash these days but I prefer clean concentrate. In my book, it's not hash, it's not extract, it's concentrate. ( hence the 'Focus' branding )

2) The method and extent of producing your concentrate plays a role. Many of you make your own and can observe / tinker with the process to get it perfect. may concentrate enthusiasts buy from dispensaries and cannot modify the process, they can only get the product, so I am sure there are cultivators that curate some unique concentrate that may not behave like 'average' concentrate. I designed the bowl to work well with a broad range of creamy consistencies. Do they still work with Extracts/Wax/Shatter (solvent based extraction product), sure, no problem. I get hives from solvents and many of the additives are not necessarily healthy, so I do not recommend solvent 'extract'ed product. Yes, re-terping and cannabinoid additives get extracts close to a concentrate, but I also bake my own bread instead of reaching for a loaf of Wonder.

3) The idea here (and with any of the wand driven vape pipes) is that instead of dropping concentrate directly into a pre-heated quartz nail (where the first pull is nice and fresh and the following pulls are over heated sizzle leftovers because you can't take the heat away from a pre-heated quartz nail), you place your concentrate in the bowl and then use the pre-heated quartz wand to lightly touch your concentrate and then remove it. Now, the only part of your concentrate that is not 'fresh' is the very small surface area touched by the hot wand. More clouds? Push the wand a little deeper, get more surface area of the hot wand in contact with the concentrate and leave it a split second longer. The vids with clouds I have posted are real, not photoshopped. I used standard off the shelf concentrate that I keep in the fridge.

I am open to feedback. Seriously. Based on customer comments, we pushed the vent holes higher up on the rim, and increased the guage of the tool we use to pop the vent holes for an easier/higher volume pull. I would not market a faulty product...the Focus Bowls work. That said, I do understand that the gardes of concentrate available from store or personal press/ice bucket vary significantly....which means you may have to tinker a bit to adjust how you use this cannabis tool. Your cannabis is a little different from eveyone elses, which means the tool will perform a little different. Keep trying, and if doesn't work for you, then return it. Chameleon has a 100% satisfaction policy. Don't put it in a drawer or give it away, get your $ back and try something else! (caveat: visa/master/amex do not allow merchants to 'recycle' charges, which means you have around 90 days to return it for credit to the card you used to purchase. I don't make the rules, I just have to live by them)

I answer the Chameleon support email (support@chameleonglass.com) , and I have notifications turned on for this BB, so, if you have concerns, you know where to get an answer. Cheers, Ken

ChameleonGlassGuy

Boro Addict
Any luck with this? I got the same a while ago and it's now stuck in a drawer, used it a couple of times and ruined a fine lump of hash. It kept sticking to the end of the stick no matter how I tried, and I got almost zero clouds. Hope you figure it out and share your wisdom!
We moved from Boro to Quartz in the middle of 2022, if you ordered it after then, you have a Quartz Wand. It will take the heat. Heat the wand to glowing red, let it cool slightly to pink and then touch the wand to your hash. There's always a little left on the end of the bulb, but it should not 'stick' or ruin the hash. Let me know if you try this and it was helpful.

ChameleonGlassGuy

Boro Addict
My gandalf came in. I don't like the stickers on the pipe, but I can easily remove those.

My feelings are very similar to @coolbreeze above. I also didn't expect the vapour to be produced as you lift the stick. The bowl cleans up nicely but it's easy to get some residue on the holes. The stick took a bit more effort to clean. It was fun, and kinda reminiscent of hot knives, I need more practice. The gandalf seems to cool well too. I'm gonna try with some rosin too I think.
Cheeb, We make them almost daily. If you want one without the bake on label or stickers, just put that in the wrap up notes on your cart. It will not ship next day like the stickered/labeled stock I keep on the shelf, but no longer than 2 or 3 days to make it, anneal it and then skip the label and direct to shipping. You can order your Chameleon without, just takes a few extra days.

BTW, just so you know, permanent labeling became popular as a way to combat the chinese knock offs marketed in stores as having been Made in USA. USA cost vs, China cost; It's a 20 to 1 differential, completely uncompetitive, so many stores sold chinese knocks at US prices to maximize profits. I don't personally like stickers or labels because often times, they hide the beauty or function of the design, plus, they cost more $ for the label, the work to properly adhere them, a label kiln for firing and the extra electricity to bake the kiln at temp.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Thanks @ChameleonGlassGuy the stickers were easy to remove and I'm left with a lovely clean gandalf. I do understand the reasoning behind the branding, but it spoils the beautiful glass for me. I'm glad that people can order direct and not have to wait to long for it to be delivered.

By the way, great to have you on the forum, welcome!

Once getting the hang of it I really enjoy using it. I've found that you need a decent sized torch to get some heat penetration for traditional hard hash. I haven't tried runnier concentrates yet. I'll have to give it a go!

Last edited:

the_hexx

Team Hash
We moved from Boro to Quartz in the middle of 2022, if you ordered it after then, you have a Quartz Wand. It will take the heat. Heat the wand to glowing red, let it cool slightly to pink and then touch the wand to your hash. There's always a little left on the end of the bulb, but it should not 'stick' or ruin the hash. Let me know if you try this and it was helpful.
Hi there, thanks for the reply. I bought it last summer from Rec Vape Supplies UK so must be the Quartz one. The pipe is very pretty (I have the blue one) and I actually like the Focus logo on it.

I only have access to ‘traditional’ hash, it’s pretty hard, non-melty and works a treat with vapes such as the Vapman, Vaponic etc. I remember poking the wand trying to get clouds with no success, I will try your method when I get back from holiday. Also a usage video would be a good idea.

simba

@weedanwine
The measurements on their website are for shisha tobacco, not for flower or hash

The quasar is amazing for hash:

Everyone goes on about the quasar, but firstly you need to put massive amounts of material in there. Also how different would it be to the donut-quartz enail style?

This sort

I've also used an old titanium enail with old skool hash with great success, can get the perfect temp to vape and not combust.

Top Bottom