Hard Hitters

ethiastery

Hi FCers,

Personal account of a heavy user here...

I like to get high af all day everyday as it helps immensely with my autoimmune disease. I am also a recovering alcoholic (fifth of bourbon a day for 7 years), so I like to feel my drugs. Haven't had a drink in 3 years to date, mainly because cannabis is a MUCH safer/better drug for my purposes and mind. Drinking makes me crazy/energetic/angry/sad, whereas THC/CBD makes me feel inspired and connected to things/experiences. Much better drug for anxiety and depression as well...easier to dose, easier to titrate when your mind needs a break.

I struggled with vaporization for about a year. I've actually created a thread on FC about this period when I was not completely comfortable "fucking" combustion... :doh:

Now I'm fucking combustion on the daily... and I used to smoke between 6-10 joints a day with snappers in-between. Here's how I made it:

IMHO - You need at least three vapes.

You need a one hitter, you need a a big loader (lol), and you need a stealther.
(A sharpshooter, a warrior, and a fucking ninja.)

In order to "FC" I had to fully realize vaporizing is insanely variable. You need different vapor for different circumstances in order for vapor to be as satisfying as smoke. Variation of both strains and vaporizers is SUPER IMPORTANT TO FCing. I kept going back to joints because I wasn't satisfied with the "lighter" vape high. THIS IS BULLSHIT LOL! You need time/space/the right vape & tech and you can get WAY more blasted/body high from vape-extracting THC/CBD well than you can EVER get from a single joint, no matter the strain IMO. Time/space referring to the fact that every time I try and rush vaping, even a portable session, it ends up not being as satisfying as a joint. Vapor takes time...and if you really let the particles connect with a lot of lung tissue over a longer period of time, well, you'll fuck yourself up NICE. SLOW DRAWS ARE CLUTCH, especially with bags or bongs.

My lineup :science:/:rockon:/:ninja:

Sharpshooter = Lotus+WPA on J-hook with a tiny amount of water in the neck to diffuse through (rips!). Lay a little BHO or hash or kief on top of a little herb "patty" inside the lotus and hit it with a dual-flame mini torch. Vapes in about 2-3 seconds and I can cache a .1 bowl like this fast. This is my "one-hitter," which if you completely FC for about 2 weeks, these little "one-hits" will FUCK your face up guys. BHO on top is best here... godly taste.

Warrior = Digi Volcano. Stupid af vape... load .5 in a chamber w or w/o some kief in there and blast a 4' bag through your glass (not many people realize you can just hold the 14mm valve tip up to any glass and just vaporbong the bag... I ALWAYS put my bags through my little glass (TAG slyme diffuser) because IMHO the Volcano is harsh af. But the highs... see this is what all y'all need to realize about the D-Volcano... the highs are INTENSE. When you've completely FCed for 2 weeks... a bag @ 390 with .5 a chronic in it will MESS YOU UP. Like a mace to the face, warrior style. There is no disputing the volcano's ease of use and intensity. Get one on craigslist - I found someone who was willing to part with their D-V for 260 bucks. It has been was well worth that amount. The D-V has been my only vape to send multiple people to the guest room to "lay down." It a warrior.

Ninja = Arizer Air. GREAT STEALTHER. I've use this thing in ALL sorts of public places. The stems are light and easy to pack. I don't think the AA is the best vape in terms of portability... but it's the best IMO when it comes to portability/vapor quality. Pax sucks ass guys. I mean... first hit tastes real good... and conduction is nice for a lil added CBD... but the Pax fucking sucks lol. Nice if your rich AF and need a stealther you'll use very infrequently - but don't fuck with conduction very frequently - it isn't as efficient and you're getting lots more Benzene than with convection. Firefly is nice but WAY TOO fucking heavy - they drunk when making this as a port? Just saying. The AA is very rarely detected as a "weed vape" - most people think I'm dragging off an older-model e-cig, and when it comes to :ninja: this is what you need. I've hit the Air in front of my in-laws and just got blank stares from across the room. Ninja...

Note: Yes I have an E-nano. Thing ROCKS, it's just a little "wizard" for my taste :myday: lol. Things hits hard and is BEAUTIFUL as an object... I just think the hits from the lotus are very slightly better/more potent when you dial in your tech. Maybe not though? My point is... the E-nano and Lotus are the same "class" or whatever... they both conserve the fuck outa your stash and are very effective one-hitters. I just like the fact that my Lotus ALSO serves as an analogue vape (not batteries needed), hence it is sometimes a GREAT stealther when out hiking/running. Two for one... whereas the E-nano needs its wall juice.

I most often use the Lotus+WPA throughout the day.

I've gone from about an 1/8 a day to 1/8 every 4-5 days. I imagine as time goes on and I age more I will decrease this even more. D-Volcano is for nighttime when I need to get laid out. 2 bags and :freak:. Get big bags and please diffuse them - Volcano is a harsh beast but it gets you there better than most and fast. Had many a facemelt with this thing - and expect it to last as its build quality is excellent.

Vaporizing is simply a more elegant and efficient way to use cannabinoids.

The future of vaping looks blinding bright to me...

Cheers,
:science::rockon::ninja:

Last edited:

creationdivine

I like how you characterize each set-up. I agree that taking your time vaping is the most effective method. Long, spaced out draws at a decently low temp (I like ~355F) deliver incredible results.

My Sublimator (my warrior/sharpshooter), is what I use the majority of the time, and it is kind of counter intuitive to that slower, constant inhalation of cannabinoids type of vaping. One tiny pinch will fully extract everything and send you to a higher plane with urgency. As much as it is a straight blast to the dome, I still find myself reaching for my Mighty (Fat Ninja :lol:) and oldskool Vaporbros for a more relaxed session. Kinda like the difference between enjoying a bong or a joint, though joints never get me to the level ripping glass or a good vape does. I admit that I never intentionally tried to stop smoking, but once I got my hands on a few really efficient units I can't bring myself to hold a flame to my nugs that deserve so much more! :razz:

ethiastery

Hey @creationdivine - if I had the cash I would get the Sub today... been reading/watching this bad boy for awhile and it DOES seems like a "multi-class vape" - also, yeah...if your mats are good enough the "slow-draw" method is negligible.

Love the "fat ninja" Mighty... hit my friend's the other day and it was SMOOTH!

I agree about the "flame to my nugs" hurting too much now :rofl:lol.

ethiastery,

creationdivine

@ethiastery You want mace to the face? You have to try a double decker in the Sub. Herb + dab, the taste of the terpenes is syrupy and pungent as ever. Stingy sourness that is nothing short of some good hurt.

The units are definitely pricey, but in the long run will be well worth it. I've used mine pretty much everyday since September 2013. I would recommend an adapt-an-apollo and use it on a piece of glass that you like instead of purchasing their standard tube. Just make sure it is sturdy/balanced enough so you don't have any issues with a smoldering hot piece of metal falling over. Even then, you have to be careful with it. I always make sure to demonstrate how hot the atomizer is by licking my finger and touching it to make a short sizzle when vaping with people who haven't yet been acquainted with it. It's not for everyone, but I think it would meet your expectations. :)

I bought my best friend his first vape not too long ago and went with the Air as well. I wasn't sure how I'd like it as it is a conduction vape, but read many good reviews like yours in comparison to the pax. Pretty damn good vapor, I must say! I attribute that mostly due to the ceramic heating element inside. I want to get him a custom colored stem for it, as well as this lightsaber cover for novelty for future gifts.

creationdivine,
Reactions: ethiastery

YungLeaner

Sublimators are amazing. I still think my Herbalizer gets me higher, but I also can't handle the punch to your face that the Sub and Evo provide on a daily basis. That dot of conduction signature to milk up the convection is INCREDIBLY potent, but it knocks me on my ass no matter the strain.

BeardedCrow

Congrats on your sobriety, and good luck on you journey!

I personally use 1 box mod for all my portable dabbing needs.

Box mod (100 watt, only need 30 watts)
Tugboat RDA, single coil

Wax, and a little juice to prevent dry cotton hits.

Amazing, i even get dispensary owners surprised, they all said it couldn't be done. LOL

StonerSloth

cui bono?
@ethiastery - this is a great write-up! I definitely agree that having multiple vapes for home and on the go is the key to F'ing C.

Since it sounds like you get a lot of use out of your Lotus + WPA - do you have any tips for keeping it clean? The main reason I don't use my Lotus more is that it gets gunky/clogged up very quickly and requires frequent cleaning. My screens last maybe 5-6 bowls and the whole WPA is caked up after maybe 10-15.

ethiastery

@ethiastery - this is a great write-up! I definitely agree that having multiple vapes for home and on the go is the key to F'ing C.

Since it sounds like you get a lot of use out of your Lotus + WPA - do you have any tips for keeping it clean? The main reason I don't use my Lotus more is that it gets gunky/clogged up very quickly and requires frequent cleaning. My screens last maybe 5-6 bowls and the whole WPA is caked up after maybe 10-15.

I just blow through screens... and use 91 ISO when cleaning so it hits it good. I'll admit the Lotus is a "maintenance" vape for sure.

ethiastery,
Reactions: Morty

Bizkat

Lotus+WPA on J-hook with a tiny amount of water in the neck to diffuse through (rips!). Lay a little BHO or hash or kief on top of a little herb "patty" inside the lotus and hit it with a dual-flame mini torch. Vapes in about 2-3 seconds and I can cache a .1 bowl like this fast. This is my "one-hitter," which if you completely FC for about 2 weeks, these little "one-hits" will FUCK your face up guys. BHO on top is best here... godly taste.
:science::rockon::ninja:"

Nice. You're making me think about getting a j-hook.

Last edited:

ethiastery

Nice. You're making me think about getting a j-hook.

I never realized how much the J hook RIPS. You gotta just put a tiny amount of bottled water in the neck - just so it fills the bend and diffuses through about an inch of water. When you do this - it sounds like a fucking motor I'm serious - really cool sound/feel from this set up - rips louder than my 30" bong... lol. J hooks are twenty bucks at my local shop so if you're over 13 you don't have any excuses if you're a Lotus head... plus it's kinda like a wizard pipe which is fun.

ethiastery,
Reactions: Bizkat
Top Bottom