Halo by Cloud Connoisseur (iDB)

coolbreeze

a vape like that with a wood bowl, you have to be really careful
Indeed. I have a number of unlined DV stems that I can tolerate with no problem, but I don't think I could use a brick made of some of those woods. So I think in a situation like this where a wood is in proximity to the heat and airpath but not directly involved with either you probably could choose a wood you might not choose for, say, a Brick. Disclaimer: I'm an extremely amateur medical researcher!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Indeed. I have a number of unlined DV stems that I can tolerate with no problem, but I don't think I could use a brick made of some of those woods. So I think in a situation like this where a wood is in proximity to the heat and airpath but not directly involved with either you probably could choose a wood you might not choose for, say, a Brick. Disclaimer: I'm an extremely amateur medical researcher!

Haha I'm pretty amateur as well, so always grains of salt being taken, but yeah I am excited to be getting some glass and steel line stems soon since I really don't like using wooden stems much myself... Back on topic I have been thinking about trying to use my halo and atlas with a brick bowl, but I just don't think I'd enjoy it as much as glass??

coolbreeze

I have been thinking about trying to use my halo and atlas with a brick bowl, but I just don't think I'd enjoy it as much as glass??
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! I'm not sure how it would improve taste-wise, but people seem to like the heat-non-conductivity of the wooden HT bowl. Also, wouldn't it just be cool to see that glow coming out of your brick?

cptofnthng

Can someone measure the specifics of the bowl that is working with the Halo? The TAG Bowl?
How deep is the Love?

cptofnthng,

Shit Snacks

Can someone measure the specifics of the bowl that is working with the Halo? The TAG Bowl?
How deep is the Love?

There are two different sizes, the TAG 18 to 14 is not deep at all, but the TAG 18 to 18 is extremely deep... I don't know how to measure that, also depends on the screens... Qaroma bowls work too with plenty of room... Oregon Glass Blower adapters would also be good I think... Cloud Connoisseur's Chalice should be coming soon though!

cptofnthng

Thank you shitsnacks, helpful as Always. But- shouldnt depths of the bowl Impact Performance? Heating/herb is further away from the heater?

Shit Snacks

Thank you shitsnacks, helpful as Always. But- shouldnt depths of the bowl Impact Performance? Heating/herb is further away from the heater?

Not really, the distance is short between the ones I have, but yeah to use Halo with my deeper ones I would set the voltage higher is all, normally I use Halo with the smaller ones so my voltage does not go above 7.5v (I'm using the larger bowls with Atlas at 11.3v) These heaters are pretty damn powerful, so a little bit of distance does not kill the extraction efficiency like it might with other (stem based?) convection vapes... :tup:

Last edited:

Jacer

Just like @Shit Snacks said, Cloud Connoisseur has his own bowl coming out here soon! I pre-ordered his glass piece that he developed and to my knowledge it's coming with a Chalice bowl. So before too long I'll be able to review the performance of those two with the Chalice bowl!

Shit Snacks

So Red hooked me up with a purple ATM, all assembled with everything I need out of the box, fantastic with the Halo of course! Also just got this reverse shower head rig from dabbing warehouse on sale, really nice with the halo, smooth and comfortable with a whole lot of flavor! mmmm tangiland mmm
PXL_20211230_024955978.jpg

stonedmallone

So Red hooked me up with a purple ATM, all assembled with everything I need out of the box, fantastic with the Halo of course! Also just got this reverse shower head rig from dabbing warehouse on sale, really nice with the halo, smooth and comfortable with a whole lot of flavor! mmmm tangiland mmm
View attachment 15669
Was it easy to dial in the atm?? Nice color by the way!

Easywider

Simple is the way
@Shit Snacks It's Glorious! I saw the purple ATM's and immediately thought of you, very nice indeed.
Does the ATM improve the performance of the Halo? I want one of these but I'm not sure if I "need" one. The parts for a single bay ATM shipped to Canada come out to about 3x the price of a VVPS. I need some fuel for the fire :brow:

Shit Snacks

Was it easy to dial in the atm?? Nice color by the way!

Thanks! The color is why I got it already, they discontinued it and he only had a little left, so he offered to make mine now instead of later... Great dude! There's nothing really to dial in per se, he made a video with quick instructions how to use it, he also programmed one of the presets for me to 9 volts so it is easy to power up my halo at 9 volts for a minute before I turn it down to 7 or whatever... Going to set 7 as my other main preset probably? There's a lot of functionality, so that's what I mean getting it dialed in for its full potential, I didn't realize it first the knob itself is a button! lol

@Shit Snacks It's Glorious! I saw the purple ATM's and immediately thought of you, very nice indeed.
Does the ATM improve the performance of the Halo? I want one of these but I'm not sure if I "need" one. The parts for a single bay ATM shipped to Canada come out to about 3x the price of a VVPS. I need some fuel for the fire :brow:

Haha thanks, yeah I could not resist that purple, it's a very nice kit!

However it does not affect the performance, it is still just a VVPS, it seems to be stable and fully featured as I said, what's really nice is you get a display of volts with amps and even the watts right there, as opposed to having to measure separately, and the form factor is really great (right angle plug adapters help keep the clutter down and there is a nice long cord for the halo to it) so in this way it is an improvement for me, I was using my micro vvps from Alan before, required more button pushing and had a shorter cord... With my Atlas I am using the VVPS from cloud connoisseur, it's pretty simple, it only moves a little, a bit better than a Collyland VVPS at least, I don't want to use it with my halo really though the way the cord is I don't know it's okay with the Atlas but my early Halo is pretty small...

Bottom line, no you do not need one, yes it is very nice, but there are quite a few options I feel like for these, likely more to come from CC himself! Meanwhile Alan is making me another micro, the simpler smaller kind with just the knob and no buttons, with my large HI order, along with these new watt meters he is making, why not lol that's part of the reason why I didn't get a duplex!

Easywider

Simple is the way
Bottom line, no you do not need one, yes it is very nice, but there are quite a few options I feel like for these, likely more to come from CC himself! Meanwhile Alan is making me another micro, the simpler smaller kind with just the knob and no buttons, with my large HI order, along with these new watt meters he is making, why not lol that's part of the reason why I didn't get a duplex!

Great info and Variety is the spice of life!

BakedDiogenes

Last edited:

BakedDiogenes

Oder #9 has arrived! Initial impressions are stellar. I’ve left it on since it arrive yesterday afternoon at 7.7v, and only recently cranked it to 8v a few hours ago.

Despite being on for more than 24 hours, there is little heat in the head portion that shrouds the heater. It’s about as warm as a log maybe. I waited maybe 5 minutes before taking my first hit and the clouds came effortlessly. Not much, if any, refractory period (🤔) needed between hits.

I bought the whole kit, so a bowl and extra screens were included. I have an Elev8r bowl, but my Halo reaches too far down to make use of it. The piece he provides is sturdy and deep. May be a tad wide, but all hits thus far have had fairly even heat distribution. A stir here and there is helpful, but probably not necessary. No tamp needed whatsoever. I only grind one way (medium) so can’t comment on different grind and extraction outcomes.

Workmanship is solid all around. Very nice fit and finish. Nothing seems half-assed or thrown together.

I’m holding off on any kind of final comment on taste and I want to preface the next part with this:

I chose the wood and Bleach warned me there was a possibility of the wood’s oily nature affecting taste. I told him I was willing to take the risk. The wood smells like rootbeer, by the way 😀

My first hit was terrible tasting, but I only say this (see above) to warn others eyeing the Camphor Burl that it does impart a heavy taste….at first!

Like I said, I’ve left this on at nearly 8v for over 24 hours and have used nothing else in that time. The camphor taste has nearly disappeared, however, and I told Bleach I’d keep him posted. May be a good idea of new camphor owners to allow it to sit on for a while before use.

All in all, this is easily the hardest hitting roaster I own. It’s also one of the best looking, which is why I will let everyone know if the camphor taste totally dissipates.

If you’re on the fence, though, buy one!

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast

Oder #9 has arrived! Initial impressions are stellar. I’ve left it on since it arrive yesterday afternoon at 7.7v, and only recently cranked it to 8v a few hours ago.

Despite being on for more than 24 hours, there is little heat in the head portion that shrouds the heater. It’s about as warm as a log maybe. I waited maybe 5 minutes before taking my first hit and the clouds came effortlessly. Not much, if any, refractory period (🤔) needed between hits.

I bought the whole kit, so a bowl and extra screens were included. I have an Elev8r bowl, but my Halo reaches too far down to make use of it. The piece he provides is sturdy and deep. May be a tad wide, but all hits thus far have had fairly even heat distribution. A stir here and there is helpful, but probably not necessary. No tamp needed whatsoever. I only grind one way (medium) so can’t comment on different grind and extraction outcomes.

Workmanship is solid all around. Very nice fit and finish. Nothing seems half-assed or thrown together.

I’m holding off on any kind of final comment on taste and I want to preface the next part with this:

I chose the wood and Bleach warned me there was a possibility of the wood’s oily nature affecting taste. I told him I was willing to take the risk. The wood smells like rootbeer, by the way 😀

My first hit was terrible tasting, but I only say this (see above) to warn others eyeing the Camphor Burl that it does impart a heavy taste….at first!

Like I said, I’ve left this on at nearly 8v for over 24 hours and have used nothing else in that time. The camphor taste has nearly disappeared, however, and I told Bleach I’d keep him posted. May be a good idea of new camphor owners to allow it to sit on for a while before use.

All in all, this is easily the hardest hitting roaster I own. It’s also one of the best looking, which is why I will let everyone know if the camphor taste totally dissipates.

Lol I definitely yolo’d Camphor as well since it looks so nice, glad to hear the wood taste is starting to go away!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/rtz5t8

Beautiful piece and spot on review!!👍👍😀
It heats up so quickly that it’s close to on demand. I just turn mine on when needed to maybe save light life span? Don’t know if that matters.

Jacer

seki

Got my redheart Halo last week:
halo00.jpg

Loving it, just under 8v seems about right for me I think, it's ripping nicely with great taste. Thanks again @iDRINKBLEACH!

Top Bottom