• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Halo by Cloud Connoisseur (iDB)

dimmusp

So, I'm almost down to the Halo versus the Herborizer Ti and was looking for some safety and comparative advice.

It would be great if you guys could chime in in this AskFC thread I created, thanks!

mysterion

The Vaporizer Avenger
So I just got this, and it's pretty fantastic if you want a modular mouthpiece piece for the Halo and I'm sure the Atlas as well, still on sale for only $74 shipped in the US:

Pretty fantastic modular pairing for me now, short fat, tall skinny, the different perks and joint connections... Pretty set on go-to pieces for cloud connoisseur I think (though I have other great options and a couple more still on the way lol) until the custom cloud connoisseur glass line is available of course!
Im super interested i this glass piece! Any chance you could upload a function vid of the Halo and that piece. The custom mouthpiece options are a huge plus for me. Just curious how it stacks and performs.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Im super interested i this glass piece! Any chance you could upload a function vid of the Halo and that piece. The custom mouthpiece options are a huge plus for me. Just curious how it stacks and performs.

The answer to stacks and performs, is really well! With both of these mouthpieces so far, and I love how the top is fully clear so you can watch it happening... I am not skilled with uploading a video, but I can help you out if you have Instagram? Send me a message with your info if so :tup: I'd like to do full on videos with various glass pieces and Halo (+Atlas), but I've never done that before and have unnecessary trepidations :lol:

Shit Snacks

Well nevertheless I couldn't resist this too:
PXL_20211202_092638141.jpg

Modular TAG super slit piece is still the overall winner for Halo probably, but this orange frit base GooRoo large inline is a great all-in-one piece alternative to it and my orange yellow frit base GooRoo 3piece, another unique piece to rotate in... Very thick glass, good build quality, decent size... Bottom line price between the two for me.

Shit Snacks

And my bent neck gridded inline from Biao finally arrived today!! (with blue saki bottle) here it is compared to the GooRoo:
PXL_20211208_010734082.jpg

So yeah, glad I got both, pretty different despite their similarities... My inline to honeycomb rig is even smaller with the D020 size can, need to get a picture of all three!

PXL_20211208_010217970.jpg

Coincidentally this blue baked potato from DGCglass also arrived today, only tried it once dry just now with Halo and it was actually pretty cool!! The piece is almost 17 inches tall, but the path is longer than that...

Sometimes I have a little trouble clearing these larger pieces, need to get used to them and the larger volume, different water level and other variables, but I think the TAG super slit donut is still the Halo king :cool:

stonedmallone

And my bent neck gridded inline from Biao finally arrived today!! (with blue saki bottle) here it is compared to the GooRoo:
View attachment 15047

So yeah, glad I got both, pretty different despite their similarities... My inline to honeycomb rig is even smaller with the D020 size can, need to get a picture of all three!

View attachment 15048

Coincidentally this blue baked potato from DGCglass also arrived today, only tried it once dry just now with Halo and it was actually pretty cool!! The piece is almost 17 inches tall, but the path is longer than that...

Sometimes I have a little trouble clearing these larger pieces, need to get used to them and the larger volume, different water level and other variables, but I think the TAG super slit donut is still the Halo king :cool:
How you liking your halo and atlas?

stonedmallone,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Been playing with the Halo since it showed up...I love it. Initial impressions are amazing. Definitely a contender for my new daily, I need to get more familiar with it, and of course I need to put it down long enough to give the Atlas some time too. My first go at it was flavor central at lower voltage, 7.2 or so, I've been increasing since then, up to 9, backing down now trying to find my sweet spot. 8.8 was the last go I had with it. At those higher voltages, my bubbler is whitewalled in an instant.

I've been extremely busy since it showed up so I honestly haven't gotten "proper" time with it to really dial it in, so it's all been pretty rushed. I've been jumping voltage around too much and not really paying attention to what I've been doing, so by no means have I been consistent with my technique. Once I get that straightened out, I'm not sure I'll ever put it down :lol:

1-A16320-E-7139-4-DCA-8-DF5-B8565-AB9-AAE6.jpg

F52-F2-BBA-407-C-4-BB9-832-C-4656-F0327825.jpg

The Dynamic Duo... the Atlas is Camphor, beautiful wood that the pics dont really capture at all, and extra sharp, clean lines on this one! Looking forward to getting some serious usage out of that too once my schedule lightens up and I have more time

230-D5-B09-D9-B0-4916-A37-B-22500-DDDF6-A0.jpg

008-EE9-B3-B21-F-47-BB-AB71-0-D97-CE58-A41-C.jpg

stonedmallone

Been playing with the Halo since it showed up...I love it. Initial impressions are amazing. Definitely a contender for my new daily, I need to get more familiar with it, and of course I need to put it down long enough to give the Atlas some time too. My first go at it was flavor central at lower voltage, 7.2 or so, I've been increasing since then, up to 9, backing down now trying to find my sweet spot. 8.8 was the last go I had with it. At those higher voltages, my bubbler is whitewalled in an instant.

I've been extremely busy since it showed up so I honestly haven't gotten "proper" time with it to really dial it in, so it's all been pretty rushed. I've been jumping voltage around too much and not really paying attention to what I've been doing, so by no means have I been consistent with my technique. Once I get that straightened out, I'm not sure I'll ever put it down :lol:

1-A16320-E-7139-4-DCA-8-DF5-B8565-AB9-AAE6.jpg

F52-F2-BBA-407-C-4-BB9-832-C-4656-F0327825.jpg

The Dynamic Duo... the Atlas is Camphor, beautiful wood that the pics dont really capture at all, and extra sharp, clean lines on this one! Looking forward to getting some serious usage out of that too once my schedule lightens up and I have more time

230-D5-B09-D9-B0-4916-A37-B-22500-DDDF6-A0.jpg

008-EE9-B3-B21-F-47-BB-AB71-0-D97-CE58-A41-C.jpg
These look incredible. I can't wait to receive mine. Will these work with a vapbong power supply?

Shit Snacks

How you liking your halo and atlas?

Love my Halo, using it pretty daily, go to for all the glass I've been buying of course! I don't have the Atlas yet, but that should change soon enough (you will see me post in that thread when the time comes)

These look incredible. I can't wait to receive mine. Will these work with a vapbong power supply?

Truly gorgeous work and the function to match! Yes Halo will work with that vvps (3-12v version), but Atlas needs one capable of a bit more power (I think 3-24v), which is the version that cloud connoisseur will be offering themselves to work with both :tup:

Last edited:

stonedmallone

Love my Halo, using it pretty daily, go to for all the glass I've been buying of course! I don't have the Atlas yet, but that should change soon enough (you will see me post in that thread when the time comes)

Truly gorgeous work and the function to match! Yes Halo will work with that vvps (3-12v version), but Atlas needs one capable of a bit more power (I think 3-24v), which is the version that cloud connoisseur will be offering themselves to work with both)
plotting episode 4 GIF

Jacer

@Shit Snacks just wondering since you seem to be one of the people who has owned a Halo longer than I have, have you had to replace the bulb yet? Or have you noticed the bulb getting dimmer at all? Just curious as I'm suspecting mine might be starting to, but wanted to see how long other long time users have been going!

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks just wondering since you seem to be one of the people who has owned a Halo longer than I have, have you had to replace the bulb yet? Or have you noticed the bulb getting dimmer at all? Just curious as I'm suspecting mine might be starting to, but wanted to see how long other long time users have been going!

No not at all, and I'm not planning to, it should not need to be replaced for a very long time, even with heavy use, it's not like it starts to dim, it'll burn out if it needs to be replaced, what makes you think it's starting to go? I have not heard of any going yet...

Jacer

No not at all, and I'm not planning to, it should not need to be replaced for a very long time, even with heavy use, it's not like it starts to dim, it'll burn out if it needs to be replaced, what makes you think it's starting to go? I have not heard of any going yet...
Well it had seemed like compared to some previous pictures at the same level it was a little dimmer, but I just wasn't sure if I was convincing myself or if it was actually happening haha. That is honestly the most likely case. I might order some extra bulbs and replace it for the hell of it though, just for science.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Well it had seemed like compared to some previous pictures at the same level it was a little dimmer, but I just wasn't sure if I was convincing myself or if it was actually happening haha. That is honestly the most likely case. I might order some extra bulbs and replace it for the hell of it though, just for science.
How hard is it to replace them? Mines should be probably be finished soon

Jacer

How hard is it to replace them? Mines should be probably be finished soon
After talking to iDB tonight it didnt sound too particularly bad honestly

Keep in mind he said that the bulbs should last about 2000 hours at 12 watts which you don't even run the Halo at that, so tbh I probably just freaked myself out if anything lol. I was just curious because as soon as I get off work the Halo turns on haha, I run it pretty much constantly in my free time as it's my go to vape if I'm at home

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
After talking to iDB tonight it didnt sound too particularly bad honestly

Keep in mind he said that the bulbs should last about 2000 hours at 12 watts which you don't even run the Halo at that, so tbh I probably just freaked myself out if anything lol. I was just curious because as soon as I get off work the Halo turns on haha, I run it pretty much constantly in my free time as it's my go to vape if I'm at home
Ahh okay gotcha

Sour Dream,
Reactions: Jacer

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Does the Atlas airpath go through the wood handle? I'm trying to decide among the exotic wood options, all of which rate as fairly irritating on the toxicity charts I've found. I know wood toxicity is mainly a concern for woodworkers but wanted to ask

bossman,
Reactions: dimmusp

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Does the Atlas airpath go through the wood handle? I'm trying to decide among the exotic wood options, all of which rate as fairly irritating on the toxicity charts I've found. I know wood toxicity is mainly a concern for woodworkers but wanted to ask
No sir, if you look at the chambers on it you can see where the airpath is. The airpath is cut Off at the handle.

Shit Snacks

Yeah dude nothing to worry about, for both units the air path is slits in the side of the glass, Atlas has even less imparting of the wood because it does not have wood around the head, there is even more freedom with the handles in particular to be literally any wood you desire, smell and irritation wise, also for what it's worth I always look up that stuff too when I am deciding on wood varieties, and there are some other vape makers who do not use certain woods in certain applications for this reason too, but I have never actually noticed anything, purple heart springs to mind as common example.

coolbreeze

for what it's worth I always look up that stuff too when I am deciding on wood varieties
One of my favorite vapes is my Santos Palissander Double Punch: the form and function are perfect and the wood is gorgeous. Unfortunately, I can't use it because the rosewood causes an asthmatic reaction for me. The wife uses it now for the occasional CBD blast.

Vaping through some woods can indeed cause problems if you're sensitive to them, so it sure doesn't hurt check.

It's good to know there's no wood in the airpath, it makes choosing a wood less adventurous.

Shit Snacks

One of my favorite vapes is my Santos Palissander Double Punch: the form and function are perfect and the wood is gorgeous. Unfortunately, I can't use it because the rosewood causes an asthmatic reaction for me. The wife uses it now for the occasional CBD blast.

Vaping through some woods can indeed cause problems if you're sensitive to them, so it sure doesn't hurt check.

Oh totally, yeah exactly, a vape like that with a wood bowl, you have to be really careful what you choose! So I would never get purple heart bricks or dream woods for example, for those and others I have went with instead: non-aromatic cedar, zebrawood, osage orange, tulip wood, pear wood, red heart, merbau, pink ivory, bocote, canary wood, maple (this is maybe the best most neutral of all in my experience), plus Walnut and Cherry (these both need to be broken in for every vape or accessory I've ever experienced that used them) I think cocobolo and padauk are pretty good too, blackwood as well... Although yeah everyone is different really so you never know what could affect someone, but yes definitely mostly an issue when you're actually working with it so you have to do your research and know yourself, the bottom line at least for the cloud connoisseur halo and atlas is that the wood should not be a concern respiratory or taste wise :tup:

Top Bottom