Halo by Cloud Connoisseur (iDB)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So Halo is halogen and rubies. Atlas is ceramic cartridge heater and rubies. Heady Atlas is Atlas but with a heady glass body. Am i correct?

A bit more complicated than that actually...;):brow: Atlas is glass beads I think? (maybe rubies)... And yeah Heady Atlas just larger with Heady glass and no wood head...

Can the user swap out the mass or is it fixed?

You cannot switch from Halo to Atlas if that's what you're asking, within one body... As for rubies or glass, well that's maybe more on topic for the Atlas thread :tup:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Will it be difficult to interchange them? Any tools involved? I'm hopeless with tools lol
A safety pin maybe to take the screen out and no it is very easy to do IMO. To change halo bulb you will want some silicone tipped tweezers to help grab bulb I have small fingers and can do without but sausages would have a hard time for sure. will be offering upgrade on atlas heaters for ruby very soon it might even be with current batch ❤️

Shit Snacks

Final Beta / First Production Halo arrived!

PXL-20210913-190354572.jpg

^exclusive Blue Mahoe wood body, well-worth the wait, just beautiful in person, rich colorful grain... Also it is just so small, super compact and very ergonomic little handle!

PXL-20210913-210103739.jpg

^first bowl was through this milk blue CaliBear straight fab FOL rig dry (better airflow and still nice cooling with that large egg) though I have so much more to try and many more coming!

PXL-20210913-193451600.jpg

^this is a digital vvps from Alan that I had made with my first Heat Island, figured it would be nicer to use than my aromatizer vvps's, having the amps with the volts allows me to calculate the wattage... I started around 6.5v for the first two hits, but that was a little low so I went up to 6.85v, which was about just under 8 watts of power for a low temp sesh!

PXL-20210913-200932542.jpg

^after 7 or 8 hits, got this new elev8r bowl from vgoodiez a while ago in prep, also got their glass honeycomb screen version, it is super nice with the non-ground glass joint unfrosted, makes it super smooth and easy to remove the Halo as I keep inhaling to clear each hit... Extraction is very even at this low temp, and it is safe to take a hit after it has been sitting a bit, no scorch risks or any hotspot at all!

PXL-20210913-202844006.jpg

^so after about ten hits at 6.85v, last hits taken with plenty of time in between for strong heat buildup, and this load of Blue Dream OG was done for me, flavor fully spent and the cloud thickness dwindling, yeah very nice low temp extraction for many hits off a substantially sized bowl, left me quite high!

A couple stray thoughts: you don't have to worry about the brightness because everything is shrouded in stainless steel mesh, and the rubies help give it a little red glow as you can see, not bright at least in daylight lol Even without a stand it is pretty easy to keep it sitting upright with the flat head, gets a little tricky when you have a plug attached, depends if you have a right angle elbow or straight across, the right angle is nice because it helps it sit upright further, although it could be a little more complicated ergonomically depending exactly how you are using it... Since I am milking the low temps it is a good idea to turn it up till like 8 volts or so for the first minute of warm up to help condition the bulb, also a good idea anyway to help it heat up faster, can be good to go in under 5 minutes although I gave it a good 10 or 15 before my first use and did some empty dry hits for testing purposes as well... Shipping was super fast because it is so tiny in a small flat rate box! Could be different if you are getting a VPPS or whatever though certainly easy for just a unit itself lol So far I am not disappointed and I'm excited to use more glass with it, definitely delivering in the regard of quick and easy way to fill glass!!

Yeah much more testing to do of course, it's nice that these are already opened up for the initial batch, with the slots filled, we'll see if I come across any issues (one other one went out as well) though I think everything should be good to go based off my early impressions ;) :razz::smug:

MikeRotchHertz

What a beauty! I'm so glad to see another one out in the wild and perhaps a second as you alluded to.

It takes a minute to get used to how efficient it is for it's size and maneuverability. I bet you are already up and running with that FOL piece. Looks to be a good pairing.

It can deliver the goods at 6.5V and really solid tasting vapor. I've been going aggressive with it lately and running closer to 8V

@iDRINKBLEACH was telling me mine had a slightly different heating profile than his other betas so take that with a grain of salt.

Also, I really want to get an Atlas made, but I feel greedy trying to get him to make both for me when I want to see others on the waiting list get their one first!

Shit Snacks

Well pretty good stuff so far, got a bit of water going with gooseneck diffusion pump and inline pillar recycler, but more importantly it has now passed the test of my OG inline honeycomb rig from way back:

PXL-20210914-040908864.jpg

Later in the day so the voltage went up, made it to 7.15v safely now and really ripping...

PXL-20210914-055924955.jpg

Since my sessions are being a little more spaced out, due to the strength of the extraction and size of the bowls which I am finishing in one session sitting, I've had no problem turning it off and then warming it up when I come back to it, ready after prepping herbs etc.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Well pretty good stuff so far, got a bit of water going with gooseneck diffusion pump and inline pillar recycler, but more importantly it has now passed the test of my OG inline honeycomb rig from way back:

PXL-20210914-040908864.jpg

Later in the day so the voltage went up, made it to 7.15v safely now and really ripping...

PXL-20210914-055924955.jpg

Since my sessions are being a little more spaced out, due to the strength of the extraction and size of the bowls which I am finishing in one session sitting, I've had no problem turning it off and then warming it up when I come back to it, ready after prepping herbs etc.
It heats up really fast and definitely extracts evenly and quickly,fantastically tiny and effective units.
💛

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I’m so glad every one is enjoying their halos. 😇 I just had a conversation with my glass dude shot him the idea of heady 18 to 14mm glass bowls. If he decides to I’m thinking about trying one with one around 12mm chamber in diameter to match the halo and atlas adapters that the hot air comes out of. Reducing green rings from convection heating since the hot air will match the surface area of the bowl. Correct me if I’m wrong in my theory and maybe save me some money and time haha

arb

Semi shaved ape

I’m so glad every one is enjoying their halos. 😇 I just had a conversation with my glass dude shot him the idea of heady 18 to 14mm glass bowls. If he decides to I’m thinking about trying one with one around 12mm chamber in diameter to match the halo and atlas adapters that the hot air comes out of. Reducing green rings from convection heating since the hot air will match the surface area of the bowl. Correct me if I’m wrong in my theory and maybe save me some money and time haha
Heady bowl to match the heady units would be a spectacular pairing especially if the glass is matching.
🤗

Shit Snacks

Yes not only will heady bowls be beautiful, with better function (ideal width), they can also have the practical value of large horns or marbles as handles etc, which would be really awesome as I have already burnt my hand a few times ha well once was worse on the tip of the heater when it was on the table upright and I was reaching across above, but two or three times from the bowl itself already since it gets hot! elev8r bowl really is not ideal at all though it's fine (don't even bother with the glass honeycomb screen version, for some reason the honeycomb is so far up, leaving no room to pack the bowl with the Halo unfortunately, I had packed a bowl before I realized this and had to dump it into the other one lol) I have a bowl from TAG (thick ass glass) that actually seems to fit well and I think has a smaller bowl, though the screen can jump around, going to try that out now... Point being, can hardly wait for Halo (/Atlas) heady bowls haha

MikeRotchHertz

Before using the elev8r wpa, I just put a screen down in the 14mm joint of the 18/14 adapter. This basically was the inspiration for the matching bowl. Having it centralized into a smaller opening ensures complete extraction, and reminds me a lot of the supreme metal stock bowl in execution.

The width of the elev8r wpa is much wider than the heater mass so you can pack more but obviously you are going to be heating the center more than the edges outside of the heater diameter.

I know it looks kind of janky, but that's why a heady bowl will be so awesome! The time has come to stop compromising on adapters and wpas for our devices! @iDRINKBLEACH I think creating a bowl for the device is an outstanding idea, and it will help you in the long run not having to rely on other manufacturers production to use your vape.

Edit: I just remembered this is what I was using with this video I posted earlier. You can see I got a lot of vapor on a small pack. Too bad I proceeded to give the worst fucking AVB shot in the history of FC. I blame the halo

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

This one arrived and is my first American glass bubbler, also quite larger than expected, 18.5 inch tall in total... More details on it in the cheap glass thread:

PXL-20210916-205733895.jpg

Very smooth perc pull with balanced diffusion, it's pretty great with the halo and modular too, mouthpieces and drop downs:

PXL-20210916-235930587.jpg

It's really nice to take Halo hits after it has been sitting heat soaked, 6.9-7.3 volts depending on the time of day and herbs (8-8.75 watts) seen here post hit pre stir:

PXL-20210916-212131579.jpg

And speaking of alternative bowls, yeah this is the TAG one I mentioned being used in the photos above, it actually is working pretty damn well, no joint stick really, easy to hold without burning, smaller bowls too with efficient even extraction... Screen can slip around if not careful though, and a little more risk if you fill too high? All around I think it is really nice and cheap option however! So if anyone is interested here's the link, grabbed a couple spare myself:
(by the way you want the 14 male to 18 female one, I tried the 18 to 18 and it's far worse trying to get any screen in at all)

They also have some nice water pieces for Halo... I already had a lot of Halo intended Chinese glass on the way though :brow::lol:

Last edited:

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
This one arrived and is my first American glass bubbler, also quite larger than expected, 18.5 inch tall in total... More details on it in the cheap glass thread
Oyeah love me some GooRoo. I have a Couch Potato and a Tator Tot and was looking at the piece you got but it’s just too tall for my use. Now I am leaning towards their Klein recycler as it is 9 to 11 inches tall which is perfect for my use.Looks like that mouthpiece is as tall as the body.I would break that within a week. I know the Couch Potato will be great with the Halo.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Oyeah love me some GooRoo. I have a Couch Potato and a Tator Tot and was looking at the piece you got but it’s just too tall for my use. Now I am leaning towards their Klein recycler as it is 9 to 11 inches tall which is perfect for my use.Looks like that mouthpiece is as tall as the body.I would break that within a week. I know the Couch Potato will be great with the Halo.
I have a tinted tator tot and I love it

Shit Snacks

Haha yeah this is much taller than I thought it was going to be, larger all around, I didn't really want this to be a large tall piece at all, but not mad at it at all... I wanted to try this perc, fell in love with the color and focused on that, but yeah part of why I wanted it was for the modularity of the mouthpiece since I have a lot of other options to try... I have an FC-Mod base can with circ perc that I thought I would sell after getting this, but it is so much smaller I guess I will end up keeping it too, unless I end up with another modular piece like one from TAG that seems pretty great... I posted more including the measurements in the cheap glass thread, yes the mouthpiece is pretty much the height of the body, the connections are placed in a smart way so it's not quite as high though it is the highest of anything else I own by far (another large piece for the Halo is coming from China, lot of other smaller ones en route, and already in my collection, wide variety to try!) Fortunately I am pretty careful and the glass is super thick, but honestly it's so big that I need to be mindful of it regardless, relative to everything else currently on my coughee table at least!

PXL-20210917-195310875.jpg

I even used the large double walled orange bowl it came with, for a microdose coarse ground Halo session successfully, though there is a lot more draw restriction and still crumbs getting through the hole, wish it had a glass honeycomb screen, that might have worked better... Oh well maybe someday I'll be able to do something more reliable to make use of the bowl, need a glass worker

PXL-20210917-212421482.jpg

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
Haha yeah this is much taller than I thought it was going to be, larger all around, I didn't really want this to be a large tall piece at all, but not mad at it at all... I wanted to try this perc, fell in love with the color and focused on that, but yeah part of why I wanted it was for the modularity of the mouthpiece since I have a lot of other options to try... I have an FC-Mod base can with circ perc that I thought I would sell after getting this, but it is so much smaller I guess I will end up keeping it too, unless I end up with another modular piece like one from TAG that seems pretty great... I posted more including the measurements in the cheap glass thread, yes the mouthpiece is pretty much the height of the body, the connections are placed in a smart way so it's not quite as high though it is the highest of anything else I own by far (another large piece for the Halo is coming from China, lot of other smaller ones en route, and already in my collection, wide variety to try!) Fortunately I am pretty careful and the glass is super thick, but honestly it's so big that I need to be mindful of it regardless, relative to everything else currently on my coughee table at least!

PXL-20210917-195310875.jpg

I even used the large double walled orange bowl it came with, for a microdose coarse ground Halo session successfully, though there is a lot more draw restriction and still crumbs getting through the hole, wish it had a glass honeycomb screen, that might have worked better... Oh well maybe someday I'll be able to do something more reliable to make use of the bowl, need a glass worker

PXL-20210917-212421482.jpg

I can see being drawn into that color…it’s eye catching to say the least. I am leaning towards the simple percs with minimal holes. Seems to keep taste up longer. Well I went into twilight zone for a sec but all good now

Top Bottom