Halo by Cloud Connoisseur (iDB)

arb

Semi shaved ape
It already seems pretty compact to me, nearly small as possible, it's just enough wood to safely cover the heater and handle is just large enough to hold comfortably?
Essentially wanna try it with just the shroud on the glass and a small wood arm for cord support....... prolly doesn't need the arm even?

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
The works tiniest halo log!

I like it 😁
I was honestly thinking about making a 30mm tall log. The halo v1 glass was taller and I have 4 of the glass housings that I’d like to use on something at some point lol. In my mind I’m picturing it looking like a splinter on 510 extensions without mod and with a bit more pazazz.

Improvaper

I've been Halo'd.

I'll repeat what I said on Vaporents...
This is my first day using it, but so far my impressions are very good. The form factor is just perfect... this buckeye wood is soft and light in the hand, and it has no problem weighing down smaller pieces like this. This rip is 10v on the VVPS. It doesn't have as much heat sink as my other halogens, so it needs more juice and the first rip after a long wait can be a little spicy (that has a lot to do with how you store it). But the ruby balls transfer heat efficiently for a nice snappy hit with lots of terps. Overall performance is great, and flavor is classic halogen clean. Great stuff!

Thanks again for the prototype, iDB... she really is a beauty. You should be proud.

MikeRotchHertz

I know what you mean about the first hit if you store it upright. I've been storing mine on the flat wood top and it's a noticeable difference in coolness. I've been using mine at 9.3V for what it's worth. Still haven't experimented enough at lower voltages yet.

Improvaper

As a person who likes quick, on-demand extractions, I'm not minding the heat build-up. However, it is something to keep in mind when back-to-backing with a friend or partner. The experience changes without waiting a minute. I'm used to this with my other vvps-driven halogens, though.

arb

Semi shaved ape
BTW you actually are supposed to leave it upright, male joint upwards, so heat in the head doesn't build too much between hits... :tup:
This is true and I run at 7.35 for abv like this.
002.jpg

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
After my experience with Herbie and the Apollo (Finland one) I’m gonna need this!:tup: Halogen is AWESOME! How does one obtain one of these fine units? I have one of your handles for my DCE and it is some smooth work!:rockon: Shit I’m gonna go find my light brite and see if that baby can vape some how! Halogen is AWESOME!!:bowdown:

arb

Semi shaved ape

001.jpg

002.jpg

Feeling the taste or tasting the feels........not sure bout that but I do know it's kieff time.
😆
Tried to put it down and it made its way back to my table pretty damn fast.
Mentally I have always had a hard time having two plug ins next to me as dailies but I find myself doing just that now.
Oddly enough a Halo and a Alpha don't have much of a footprint and look like they are part of the same thing if that makes any sense.
I am a happy vaper these days,thanks again @iDRINKBLEACH .
😍

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
After my experience with Herbie and the Apollo (Finland one) I’m gonna need this!:tup: Halogen is AWESOME! How does one obtain one of these fine units? I have one of your handles for my DCE and it is some smooth work!:rockon: Shit I’m gonna go find my light brite and see if that baby can vape some how! Halogen is AWESOME!!:bowdown:
Thank you bro ❤️ You can reach me in a dm with the best way to reach you and I will add you to the halo list ❤️❤️

arb

Semi shaved ape
007.jpg

Fresh bowl of flower.......1,2,3 go!
008.jpg

First hit and stir....... Go!
009.jpg

Second hit stirred and.......go!
010.jpg

Third hit........stir and GO!
011.jpg

That one was wispy and vapor has ceased entirely.
012.jpg

I blow my duff into a muslin bag then dump when full.......it is full.
A variety of different vapes were used to make this pile but it's all Purty much the same.
The color could be much darker or lighter depending on individual choice and goals I have learned and no one is right for anyone but themselves......seems to me.
😇

Vasgas

007.jpg

Fresh bowl of flower.......1,2,3 go!
008.jpg

First hit and stir....... Go!
009.jpg

Second hit stirred and.......go!
010.jpg

Third hit........stir and GO!
011.jpg

That one was wispy and vapor has ceased entirely.
012.jpg

I blow my duff into a muslin bag then dump when full.......it is full.
A variety of different vapes were used to make this pile but it's all Purty much the same.
The color could be much darker or lighter depending on individual choice and goals I have learned and no one is right for anyone but themselves......seems to me.
😇
This was very helpful. Thank you.

MikeRotchHertz

I did a quick experiment after seeing the discussion, but here's the difference between storing it right side up for a few hours vs storing it glass side up for a few hours. It is about a 20°+ increase storing it right side up and possibly more since I took temp reading on a cooler part of the wood in the second pic.

I don't think this was a thorough enough experiment; ultimately I'd like to take the same measurements before and after the hit to see if it drops when storing upright, because I'm not seeing the same refractory period when running it after storing glass joint up. I vote that the standard way to store this when in use is inverted despite how easy it is to store it the opposite.

@iDRINKBLEACH , do you think you could make an accompanying stand for the halo that holds it inverted safely? That would be an awesome addon

MikeRotchHertz

Trapping that heat is gonna degrade the unit faster?
I don't believe at that low of temp it would cause accelerated degradation per se, but once you pull that stored energy out, the next hit could be weaker. Whereas, if you leave it inverted, the unit should heat more uniformly for consecutive hits.

It is amazing that the wood only gets to 110F but it still can milk a piece so easily. Gives you an idea how well those rubies and heater mass are storing the halogen bulb energy. No concern for snake bites from the wood. I thought people were just being careless, until recently I bumped my dcup and had a burn mark for a few weeks on my arm. The glass joint is much hotter, but no where near dcup or flowerpot burn temps.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I did a quick experiment after seeing the discussion, but here's the difference between storing it right side up for a few hours vs storing it glass side up for a few hours. It is about a 20°+ increase storing it right side up and possibly more since I took temp reading on a cooler part of the wood in the second pic.

I don't think this was a thorough enough experiment; ultimately I'd like to take the same measurements before and after the hit to see if it drops when storing upright, because I'm not seeing the same refractory period when running it after storing glass joint up. I vote that the standard way to store this when in use is inverted despite how easy it is to store it the opposite.

@iDRINKBLEACH , do you think you could make an accompanying stand for the halo that holds it inverted safely? That would be an awesome addon
Good looking into, I think it really has an effect on properly heat soaking ruby also. Since they rest below the bulb when you rest with glass joint up, heat rises.
@arb I wouldn’t say degrade although I’d imagine the SS wiring would probably thank you nonetheless, but I don’t think a person could really dial it in and get steady results. I see it as if your storing in a glass adapter your insulating the heater with a few mm thick of glass wrapped around the heater making it seem hotter than it is for a hit or so making you think it’s too hot or that it’s just having a harder time retaining heat. Or another good way of looking at it is I saw people with HLT were wrapping tin foil around their glass it would be like on of them setting their volts for tin foil wrapped heater and taking it off immediately before their hit and wonder what’s going wrong.

Top Bottom