• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit (and 18650)

vapeverythingnyc

@maxvapor710 - high Max and everybody else.

Wow, got an order update and shipping notice for what I assume is the updated slotted/re-threaded adapter with electronics.

Way cool and I look forward to receiving them.

Couple of questions, however:

1. I would be perfectly happy to send back to you the old one that doesn't fit my back end. Its new (as in never used) and perhaps you would want it back (or no??)

2. I did not receive the battery sled with my order as at the time you did not have them in hand. Did one ship with my new threaded adapter or do I need to do something (like pay extra shipping) to get one. It looks like the sled is part of the kit I paid for, but I don't see any object to order to pay for shipping. How do I go about this (and this can maybe be answered by other members...I'm just a bit confused as to where we are with the battery sled). And yes, Max...I will send this inquiry to CS!! haha

Cheers and looking forward to putting the new adapter into use.
Looking forward to the answer on the battery sled. I also was under the assumption that we had already paid for them, and only would have to pay shipping. As of last week there was a $20 or $30 charge plus shipping to receive the sled. YMMV

Additionally, @maxvapor710 my kit crapped out today. The LED on the dummy battery is flickering so there is an interruption in the power supply. It had not been removed in about a month. Please advise. I have already emailed CS.

editted for clarity.

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Any news about internationals shipment? I ordered a kit (without battery sled) a while ago but still not received any tracking n° or shipping notice, still no reply to my last email from Max also...

PPN,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi All,

Updated adapters literally just arrived, won't have time to test them before we close up shop today but they should start shipping out tomorrow.

Unfortunately my machinist seems to have held on to the Hopper IO I had on loan from @ChooChooCharlie presumably in case he had to make any further changes, so I cannot test the power converter with the IO until I get that back.

Good news is that it threads on all of the Hoppers I have here that were mailed to me for fitment issues. We will be returning those to everyone that sent one in tomorrow also.

Thanks,
Max

On_Weed

Any up
Hi All,

Updated adapters literally just arrived, won't have time to test them before we close up shop today but they should start shipping out tomorrow.

Unfortunately my machinist seems to have held on to the Hopper IO I had on loan from @ChooChooCharlie presumably in case he had to make any further changes, so I cannot test the power converter with the IO until I get that back.

Good news is that it threads on all of the Hoppers I have here that were mailed to me for fitment issues. We will be returning those to everyone that sent one in tomorrow also.

Thanks,
Max

Hey @maxvapor710, just wanted to check in and see if you had an update on the new adapters.

Thanks

Razshiro

@Razshiro it would be best to contact customer service if you haven't already.

It is my understanding that most international customers contacted us to arrange alternative shipping methods precisely because of slow shipping and / or lack of tracking updates from USPS. If you don't see any sort of update by now after two weeks I suspect there may be some issue, support will be able to get you sorted out I am sure.

Thanks,
Max

I've contacted your CS the 25th June for change the shipping method and still don't have any answer !! Unfortunatly the tracking info is still the same... :'(, Thank you for your help !!

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Razshiro I will check for you today and get back with you.

@slozukimc you need to account for the different voltages involved. The AC adapter supplies 12 Volts * 5 Amps which is 60 Watts.
Assuming our Power Converter box was 100% efficient (which it isn't), we have 60 Watts of power divided by our target output voltage of ~4.2V, that is about 14.25 Amps of theoretical output power. In reality our Power Converter is only specced and has been load tested to 10+ Amps.

slozukimc

@Razshiro I will check for you today and get back with you.

@slozukimc you need to account for the different voltages involved. The AC adapter supplies 12 Volts * 5 Amps which is 60 Watts.
Assuming our Power Converter box was 100% efficient (which it isn't), we have 60 Watts of power divided by our target output voltage of ~4.2V, that is about 14.25 Amps of theoretical output power. In reality our Power Converter is only specced and has been load tested to 10+ Amps.
Thank you. That makes sense.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
FrankenHopper still going strong!

IMG-20200708-211608.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
@maxvapor710

I sent an email follow up on June 13th and have had no reply. And again on July 1st, again no reply... Just need to pay shipping to get this order completed and hopefully shipped this month.
Some communication would be appreciated.
I have a similar issue, I payed for shipping 2 weeks ago but still not received any shipment confirmation, no reply to my last email also... that sucks! Is all the issues now fixed?

PPN,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Hi All,

Thanks,
Max
I can send you an io if you need. Just holler.

Baron23

I got the new slotted adapter and associated bit and parts the other day.

Sadly, this has been a very frantic week and I haven't done a thing with them.

I do plan to put it together and try it out tonight.

Cheers

Baron23

@maxvapor710 - success!! :tup: :clap: :rockon::cheers::spliff:

Well, at least mechanically as I just put it together, powered it up, but haven't run a load through it yet.

But the mechanical issues are resolved and the adapter screwed on to my body, and the BE to the adapter, perfectly.

While you still have to get under the fraking pen clip, its easier with the slot than it was with the higher round hole.

Now, I did screw the adapter/circuit board onto the body and then the BE to the adapter.....because of course I reviewed the instructions AFTER actually doing the task...sigh. Yes, its because I'm an idiot and getting to be more of one with each passing senior year! haha But, I seemed to get it all together just fine.

The GH powered up, got the red lights, transitioned to blue lights, and this is plugged into the wall. I will try the batt sled later.

I do note that you added some heat shrink to the protect the circuit board. Good idea. Makes fitting it into the body just a tad tight, but it got in there and everything screwed together so I think I'm alright.

Now, I don't see this as something you just put on and pull off often. Its not much in the way of work and its not much of a hassle, but it does seem to me that once in and together, that it might just best be left in there (and get another GH or IO for out and about with the GB2 batt).

Thanks for hanging in there and working through the issues. Very nice package all in all and you and your team seem to be pretty dang talented and competent. Your machinist too as those slotted threads worked just perfectly fine.

Not sure what else to say about it but thanks.

If you don't see me posting more on it, then all is well. If I have any issues once I try to run a load through the GH (in about 10 minutes...haha), I will PM you. I expect all will be well.

Cheers

PS - just ran a bowl and it’s perfect.

PSS - it’s fuckin’ awesome. No decline of performance w batt discharge. Praise the lord and pass the butter beans.

Last edited:

Old_muel

Ooh I'm so spewin I didn't pre-order, apparently I'm on a list to get one when pre-orders are done though are there any estimates yet on when that might be Max?

Top Bottom