• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit (and 18650)

Baron23

i just completed my order. Yes, I would like the bat sled, but no....I do not want to wait until Chinese holiday and virus are over.

I went with the SLA enclosure on the power converter....but tbh, I really don't know enough about these 3d processes and trade offs to have made an informed decision. As long as it holds up, I'll be very happy.

Thanks

Logo

Does anyone know if you'll be able to use a power bank? Feel like that would be so cool to use usb c PD power bank on the go

Logo,

MoltenTiger

Does anyone know if you'll be able to use a power bank? Feel like that would be so cool to use usb c PD power bank on the go
I've got a 65W power bank, but I think it can only output 12V3A which might not be enough to power the converter. I'll find out once the adapter gets here, and I'm also waiting on a PD trigger for the 12V converter too.

One of the PD standards is 12V5A which should be enough for legacy hoppers. It's easiest to get a wall or car adapter with this kind of output at this point, however it is possible that a powerbank can do this too.

I'm hoping it works with my XMI QB823

protocarbon

I've got a 65W power bank, but I think it can only output 12V3A which might not be enough to power the converter. I'll find out once the adapter gets here, and I'm also waiting on a PD trigger for the 12V converter too.

One of the PD standards is 12V5A which should be enough for legacy hoppers. It's easiest to get a wall or car adapter with this kind of output at this point, however it is possible that a powerbank can do this too.

I'm hoping it works with my XMI QB823

Do you know what the exact power requirements of the battery slug are? Shouldn't that just be somewhere around a single lithium battery? So only 3.7v at a few amps?

That pd trigger is really cool and cheap, but a better solution might be something like the pd buddy on tindie. I suspect you might be able to skip the power converter entirely and feed power straight to the dummy plug by programming the exact power requirements needed for the grasshopper in the PD buddy. Unless I'm missing something that the converter is doing?

Personally, I would have loved something that replaced the entire back end of the vape with a usb-c. But anything is better than relying on an inconsistent battery supply!

UPDATE: I saw from earlier in this thread that the grasshopper uses 4.2volts. To get the required 45 watts for the heater you'd need a power supply to provide 10.7 amps. I contacted the creators of pd buddy, and while it can hit 4.2 volts, they also mentioned that usbc cables are only rated for 5 amps. So you wouldn't want to ask the power supply for more. TLDR; you still need the converter. PD trigger sounds like a great solution.

Last edited:

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Just an update for everyone:

We have finished assembling the electronics for the Power Converter boards for the whole pre-order batch, today we will be going through the remaining orders and assembling the boards into the cases based on your material selections and get started on the cable / dummy battery assembly.

If all goes well, all of the remaining orders should start receiving tracking numbers early next week.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

Terpenetime

@maxvapor710 do you have an estimate of when the battery sleds will be available?

I’m in the UK so the additional shipping costs dissuaded me from taking delivery of the kit in two parts.

Terpenetime,

Hammahead

Woke up to a mail from maxvapor and was pleasantly surprised, did they finish the CE documentation early? Nope. It's an automated review request. Bummer...

fogbank

Just an update for everyone:

We have finished assembling the electronics for the Power Converter boards for the whole pre-order batch, today we will be going through the remaining orders and assembling the boards into the cases based on your material selections and get started on the cable / dummy battery assembly.

If all goes well, all of the remaining orders should start receiving tracking numbers early next week.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

@maxvapor710

I assume that this is meant for those who wanted their orders fulfilled now instead of waiting for the final mold injected parts?

I have two orders in but would prefer to wait until everything is ready.

fogbank,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@fogbank that is correct, but we have the electronics completed for the whole batch.

We received a DHL tracking number today from one of our suppliers which should be here in the next day or two which might possibly be the circuit boards and / or the plastic to complete the battery sled.

Will keep everyone updated.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
will these be available as a stocked item or is this a one-time run?

i don't have a grasshopper yet ... but if i get one i would want this adapter kit too ...
With the demand there is for something like this I imagine they will be stocking plenty more when it's possible to do so.

Cheesequake,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Just placed my order. Didn't realize all the parts were available outside of the sold out kits. I remember back in like 2013/2014 Hopper Labs themselves mentioned making something like this and I've been wanting it ever since. If this works with the io, and the io is everything HL says it is, I will only need 1 single vaporizer to be completely satisfied. Might be my complete cure for VAS.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
Just placed my order. Didn't realize all the parts were available outside of the sold out kits. I remember back in like 2013/2014 Hopper Labs themselves mentioned making something like this and I've been wanting it ever since. If this works with the io, and the io is everything HL says it is, I will only need 1 single vaporizer to be completely satisfied. Might be my complete cure for VAS.

I still dig session vapes once in a while, but man I'm 90% sure this will put my Vapexhale Evo out of commission. I use it mostly when the Grasshopper batteries didn't get put on the charger.

I feel like a stoner before Christmas, I know what I'm getting and I can't wait to open it!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
So if I haven't choosed the battery sled option I might receive my kit pretty soon? although I just payed balance 27 February... but didn't received any payment confirmation... I sent you a pm @maxvapor710 !

Can't wait for that thing but I'm not really interested about the battery sled personnaly.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi @Razshiro and @PPN we are currently shipping and working as fast as we can, but are certainly behind where we would like to be on the schedule and Hopper related support inquiries.

I would think most customers should see a tracking number between now and early next week, and if you have outstanding support inquiries those should be answered within the next 24 hours.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Hi @Razshiro and @PPN we are currently shipping and working as fast as we can, but are certainly behind where we would like to be on the schedule and Hopper related support inquiries.

I would think most customers should see a tracking number between now and early next week, and if you have outstanding support inquiries those should be answered within the next 24 hours.

Thanks,
MaxVapor
Will you have a separate listing for those who waited for the battery sled once you have all the materials?

Top Bottom