Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit (and 18650)

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi Everyone,

We are still plugging away on getting everyones unit out as fast as humanly possible, and I expect the remainder of the orders to be shipped this week. Most of our employees have been working remotely for the last few days and I expect this situation to continue for the next week or two but it should not affect our normal operations (much).

I don't yet have any more information back on the suspected battery sled or CE certification, the tracking number I was given from my supplier and expected back early last week still has not updated so no new updates on either of those items.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

Namekian

@maxvapor710 I joined the forum just to ask you what's going on? I realize things are very difficult right now but you have said "one more week" for like 3 or 4 weeks in a row. You have been slowly shipping for weeks but no one has posted about recieving a tracking number. I'm not upset, I and I'm sure many others would just like some clarity on the situation.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Namekian nothing really new to report since our last post, we are all plugging away on assembly and have tried to keep everyone informed along the way. If you want to send us an email with your order number, a customer service rep could probably give you a better estimate on your particular order shipping.

For those waiting on battery sleds, I was given a DHL tracking number almost two weeks ago from our supplier and it still has not updated in DHL system so we are all patiently waiting on that to make some movement.

@vapeverythingnyc I don't believe we are taking any new orders until the remainder of the pre-orders are shipped, we will then list the excess inventory available for purchase.

I have personally been given this batch of power supplies to finish assembly today, so this should be another 50 or so units that get tracking numbers tomorrow.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Namekian nothing really new to report since our last post, we are all plugging away on assembly and have tried to keep everyone informed along the way. If you want to send us an email with your order number, a customer service rep could probably give you a better estimate on your particular order shipping.

For those waiting on battery sleds, I was given a DHL tracking number almost two weeks ago from our supplier and it still has not updated in DHL system so we are all patiently waiting on that to make some movement.

@vapeverythingnyc I don't believe we are taking any new orders until the remainder of the pre-orders are shipped, we will then list the excess inventory available for purchase.

I have personally been given this batch of power supplies to finish assembly today, so this should be another 50 or so units that get tracking numbers tomorrow.

That is a very nice update, thank you!

vapeverythingnyc

@maxvapor710
I paid for my preorder a couple of days ago. I was more curious on that time frame. Thanks.

vapeverythingnyc,
Reactions: MoltenTiger

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hello All,

Somewhat good news today, we finally received the original Dummy Battery boards in our hands so we should be able to replace the interim part for orders going out from now and should hopefully let us work a little faster.

They didn't make them in the correct color, and I haven't had a chance to test them yet, but after being almost 60 days overdue I think we can work with the green boards.

Unfortunately still no news on the battery sleds or injection molded parts.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

On_Weed

So if we got a tracking number from you in the last couple days (but according to USPS they have not received it yet), we should receive an adaptor kit with this new battery board?

Can you please explain what exactly this board does?

thanks

Hello All,

Somewhat good news today, we finally received the original Dummy Battery boards in our hands so we should be able to replace the interim part for orders going out from now and should hopefully let us work a little faster.

They didn't make them in the correct color, and I haven't had a chance to test them yet, but after being almost 60 days overdue I think we can work with the green boards.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

On_Weed,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@On_Weed this is the original part that goes inside your grasshopper in place of the battery. We had developed an interim part while waiting for this to arrive.

If you received a tracking number from us over the weekend in the last couple of days your item will most likely ship in tomorrows batch.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

MoltenTiger

Hello All,

Thanks,
MaxVapor
Haha there's nothing wrong with green solder mask, especially when the overlay artwork is so good! Nice one :nod:
(PCB factories would be playing a big game of catch up, we're still waiting on several designs to come in. I bet they squeezed yours into a big panel run). The hold up is understandable, and it's no big deal having to wait for it to come together when the outcome is going to be so good.

Here's an EMU that I made the other day
20200324-144612.jpg

Real keen to bring full life into my hopper!

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Hammahead should be early next week from what I was told yesterday by the testing house.

@MoltenTiger its not the green that bothers me, its more that I was told the delay was for our edge-plating requirement and the board has arrived without plating... I could have had these made locally without that requirement.

Cool board, What are you working on audio gear or high voltage? What is the isolation section for with those big plated holes?

MoltenTiger

@Hammahead should be early next week from what I was told yesterday by the testing house.

@MoltenTiger its not the green that bothers me, its more that I was told the delay was for our edge-plating requirement and the board has arrived without plating... I could have had these made locally without that requirement.

Cool board, What are you working on audio gear or high voltage? What is the isolation section for with those big plated holes?
Ah I see, well that is annoying. What thickness of copper is it?
Was the bordering (gold?) intended to help with mass for current, I guess it will have a little going through it but it should be fine, or just for looks/finish?

The EMU is an Electronic Management Unit with on-board HD-PLC. The isolation is for the in-house power supply with intense filtering for the communications. I largely help with assembling prototypes, these pair up with smart hot water tanks, and eventually further power hungry appliances and the like, and interface with solar panels and the internet to keep everything running efficiently and monitored extremely accurately.
The plated holes on the board are for ventilation. The larger one nearer the emu is a screw hole. Initially we got some of these spun up at a really high rate before going with cheapy JLC (who have generally done a really good job for the money) but it was interesting to compare the gold finish between the two, and the size of the drill holes for vias and things. Really cool tech in electronics.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Does this mean they are not going to be used after all? Or are they still better than the alternative temporary option that was developed even without the boarding? Not that I really understand any of this lol I tried my GH last week with my batteries and couldn't get much vapor (as the back end got quite scalding) so I am hoping this gets it working like the last time I used it over a year ago... Don't want to have to deal with an RMA, but suspected I'd need a new back end... I also have a nice heat treated Ti PFE now that I got from a member friend here for my SS hopper in anticipation of my kit arriving soon. Getting excited with all the home time, keep up the good work and stay safe!

Last edited:
Top Bottom